PDA

View Full Version : Something Edgar Said

Zifnab
04-14-2003, 08:19 PM
Spoilers.
In the anthology version of FF6, when you first encounter Realm, I was pointed out that he says something along the lines of "She sure has grown". Does anyone know what he means by this? Especially as Shadow is the rumoured father of Realm. Maybe it was just another translation rape or something :/

DJZen
04-14-2003, 08:41 PM
Almost but not quite..... Shadow is.....

Relm's brother. His name is Clyde Arrowny. You learn the truth about this by watching sequences that occur when Shadow stays at certain inns. This is why they can both equip the memento ring and why Interceptor protects them both.

Lindy
04-14-2003, 08:46 PM
Shut up. Nobody can directly place what relation Shadow has to Relm, so you can't say that someone is "wrong".

Shadow is more likely Relm's father, from the links, but it's all supposition.

You can't say anything for sure, and Shadow's dreams help little as well, but the story hints more toward the father angle that him being Relm's brother.

In fact, that's almost as bad as people suggesting that Baram is Shadow, not Clyde.

Nephiliam
04-14-2003, 11:08 PM
But why did Edgar say that?

DJZen
04-15-2003, 06:26 AM
Can we get the exact quote? The wording can change everything.

Strider
04-15-2003, 07:38 AM
He says that because she talks big talk to Sabin. The conversation goes something like. . .

Relm: I'm going, too!
Sabin: (laughing) Yeah! Right, kid!
Relm: What? Who is this puffed aerobics instructor, anyway?
Sabin: Kid's got quite a lip!
Relm: (mad) Acck! That's it! I'm going to paint your picture!
Terra, Locke and Strago: (freaking out) Uwaaa! No, don't!
Sabin: ???
Strago: Okay, okay, you can come, too.
Relm: That's more like it!

After that, they head back to the airship, and Edgar lags behind a little. Relm comes back to get him. . .

Relm: What's wrong, lover boy?
Edgar: How old are you?
Relm: 10. Why?
(pause)
Relm: I'm coming, too!
(runs toward airship)
Edgar: (waves) You've grown up entirely too fast. Lighten up, will you?

It might not be verbatim, but that's it.

Nephiliam
04-15-2003, 03:51 PM
Yeah, that sounds about right. What does he mean when he says that? Does anyone know?

chadmonkey
04-15-2003, 05:24 PM
He means that she knows a lot more about grown-up life and how grown-ups act and feel than someone her age should. She acts like she's 20 instead of 10.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-16-2003, 03:31 AM
Exactly. "You've grown up way too fast" just means that she's acting much older than she actually is. I really can't believe people confuse this line so much. It's plain English and all.

RydiaOfMist
05-18-2003, 03:19 AM
Hmm...it almost seemed as if a new interpretation about the whole Relm/Shadow thing was about to be created again...whew.

Edgar
05-18-2003, 09:42 AM
He's just stating what he thinks that's all...

scrumpleberry
07-16-2006, 02:32 PM
I thought it could have been him referring to himself...but then, Edgar is hardly mature, is he?

I don't think Relm is too grown up. When I was ten, I was just about as mature as she was. (excluding the whole saving the world thing, obviously.)

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-16-2006, 09:40 PM
This thread is over three years old, it didn't need to be revived.