PDA

View Full Version : you cried

macshorsecookies
04-15-2003, 12:20 AM
Hi! I'm new to this board and happy to be here. it's nice to finally find a place that has good final fantasy information updated regularly :) Anyway! I beat final fantasy x a few months ago, but towards the last 3/4 of the game my playstation 2 started acting weird so i'm not sure if I missed something or not. I've been wondering, what was the point of the parts where the fayth would show up and say something like "you cried" or "they lost because of you and you cried!" (sorry I don't remember the exact words, it's been too long since I finished it!) but I guess I was just wondering if anyone could give me any insight on what was going on I guess, what they were talking about? Thanks!
Rikki :D

Bahamut2000X
04-15-2003, 12:28 AM
I'm probally wrong but I just assumed that the fayth were saying that out of randomness and sort of building up Tidus' past on how he acted before and sort of revealed they know all about him and his past seeingas how He is a dream made by them

Oh ya and welcome to the forums. *enforces*

Rye
04-18-2003, 01:38 PM
Hi! Welcome to the forums! ^.^

I think it was auron who said that they lost the game, than the fayth said you cried. I think that's the beggining of the game.

maverick83
04-20-2003, 08:27 AM
Seems to me it was a method of amplifying the impact of the "spoiler" mentioned by Bahamut2000X. It's more meaningful if the fayth has been hanging around throughout the game, making strange comments, as opposed to simply appearing and revealing the truth from out of nowhere.

Silent Warrior
04-22-2003, 05:43 PM
Ah, that's gotta be why I didn't care so much for FF8. Then that's straightened out.

What maverick said, pretty much. 78% atmosphere, the rest unreal.

PhoenixAsh
04-22-2003, 07:35 PM
It could be another clue that Bahamut and Jecht are the same person, of course that's just a theory, but presumably if Jecht became a faith at least some of the others might have known Tidus through Jecht.

Silent Warrior
04-24-2003, 04:15 PM
Phoenix 17: I thought Jecht became Braska's Final Aeon? That Bahamut-kid was the one who lurked around Tidus, didn't look much like Jecht at all in my eyes... *Shrug* Ok, I suppose appearances aren't too good indicators in japanese videogames...

Psychotic
04-24-2003, 07:48 PM
You're right Silent Warrior, but I remember a while back someone had a good theory on how Jecht = Bahamut. Like at the end where Jecht and the little aeon guy were talking in unison.

PhoenixAsh
04-24-2003, 09:12 PM
Yeh the theory was that the kid was a young Jecht. There was quite a lot that pointed to it. Jecht does become Braska's Final Aeon, but there's more than just a faith in an Aeon (though I forget the other ingredients).

Rye
04-24-2003, 09:27 PM
Hey, thats a pretty good theory. I never thought about, but it does make sense. Maybe we will find out in FFX-2.

Silent Warrior
05-01-2003, 02:39 PM
*Rips head off to stop it from spinning* Ow.

Christmas
05-10-2022, 02:47 AM
Tidus is the subject matter expert in crying. So it should be about him. :bigsmile: