PDA

View Full Version : which ffx2 song do you like better? 1000 no kotoba or real emotion?

garnet-dagger82
04-15-2003, 01:26 AM
dunno about what i think, to me, thier....umm......??1000 no kotoba is better than real emotion, cuz real emotion sounds to.."poppy like"
*if there is a word...heheheh..what do u think??

~*MaYoNaKa*~
04-15-2003, 02:25 AM
Hey, I'll take Linkin Park over Kylie Minogue any day! But that's not to say that I'm totally against both songs "1000 words" and "Real Emotion". I was actually, genuinely freaked out when i first heard, and saw, Yuna singing her heart out in the second commercial to random japanese pop music.

Last i heard, from a subtitled version of "Another Story" wasn't Yuna supposed to be undercover? Strangely, in Spira, it appears that being conservative means too drastically shrink the amount of clothing you wear and put on concerts in front of thousands of people in the largest city in the world...

Someone should really jump into Spira one day and explain to the poor girl that shes got it all backwards. She's supposed to be SUBTLE...not SUPPLE. A huge mess up in comprehension of intructions is the only explanation i can think of as to why a girl who made such a big deal over taking a guy's hand and used to wear a kimono, is now sporting short-REALLY SHORT-shorts, doing flips while shooting guns, and (in every picture with her and Tidus I've seen so far) she always seems to have her hands on his chest, or is touching him in some way. *shrug* Maybe those long, lonely, two years made her realise that she shoulda long since ditched the 'pure' image and gone for Tidus when she had the chance...not that im implying anything. ;)

Right! Back to the music critique. That's what I'm here for after all. Seeing as that Final Fantasy is the source of all my happiness, of course i tried to expand the reaches of my music tastes in order to somehow incorporate "Real Emotion"...but i just can't bring myself to actually enjoy a pop song. However, i don't mind it though (which is good for me since i actually played soccer on the street with the Britney Spears CD my Aunt bought me...no offense to fans). Not only is it from FF, which is a definet plus, but i always seem to find music in Japanese WAY more interesting than plain English songs. Something about having no idea what they're saying, makes the lyrics much nicer.

Though i hate most 'bouncy' pop, the rare popular slow song does sometimes find its way onto my mix CDs. And, Final Fantasy or not, I admit to LOVING the 1000 words song by Koda Kumi. I would DIE to see that FMV if anyone happens to have it by the way....:love:

So, to sum up; 'Real Emotion' has potential, but sadly is not to my tastes. And '1000 words' is therefore the winner in answer to the question "Which song is better?". Hell this whole post cold have been said in two sentences. Damn my blabbering...

I'll stop now...

I really willl...

TIDUS HAS BEAUTIFUL LEGS!! :D

Bye!

yunie
04-15-2003, 10:06 AM
here's the link where u can download 1000 no kotoba:

1000 no kotoba FMV (http://mokkorifr.free.fr/video/fmv/ffx2_1000_words.mpg)

or here:

1000 no kotoba FMV (http://media.squarespirit.net/movies/ffx2/FMV/ffx2_1000_words.mpg)

i dunno which link is faster so tried both to see... ^^

an i love 1000 no kotoba song!!!
its so sad and its very meaningful!!! ^^
real emotion is ok but is to pop-songish and doesnt really suite the game...i think...so i'll prefer 1000 no kotoba!!! ^^

~*MaYoNaKa*~
04-15-2003, 12:45 PM
I downloaded the 1000 no kotoba FMV overnight and just watched it! HOLY CRAP! I cried when Shuin is like dying and he still tries to reach out for Lenne *sniff*. That kinda stuff must bring back bad memories of similar looking guys 'dying' before her eyes.

i wish i could write more but i was supposed to be leaving for school ten minutes ago! Dammit! If im late again she's going to kill me!

Sum up: 1000 no kotoba SO much better!!!

Paine6969
05-11-2003, 04:20 AM
I Like both of them but i have to say i like 1000 words alot more...i feel it kind of fits the ff catagory more than Real Emotion

Shuin
05-11-2003, 12:59 PM
I prefer 1000 No Kotoba. This song sometime drag up my feeling.

It sad and touching if you know what it's lyric mean.

~*Princess-Garnet*~
05-20-2003, 04:06 AM
I love 1000 no kotoba the most. I think it's my favorite out of all the Final Fantasy songs which Eyes On Me and Suteki Da Ne for a close second. I've found 3 different English versions of 1000 no kotoba, but no matter what, it's beautifully written. The first time I saw the video of Yuna singing it, I cried. The song is really touching. ~*MaYoNaKa*~ what do you mean "That kinda stuff must bring back bad memories of similar looking guys 'dying' before her eyes." That isn't Yuna...
":angel:

Scandalous
05-20-2003, 01:43 PM
1000 no Kotoba just seems so much better than Real Emotion, IMO. If you prefer the bouncy songs, then Real Emotion is for you. If you prefer the more slow, emotional songs then 1000 no Kotoba is for you. For me, I like the slow, emotional songs. :D I can't wait to hear it in English.

Eyes on Me just pissed me off. It was so...I don't know, lighty and annoying. But I admit Faye Wong has a beautiful voice, but the lyrics were just stupid. >_< It reminds me of the type of cheesy, sloppy song my mom would adore and sing along to and embarrass me. Thank god I didn't let her hear it or I would of bought and gun and ended it all. Suteki Da Ne was nice, but I don't think Rikki should of sang it. Damn, I would of preferred Britney Spears singing it instead of her! XD But my favourite back then was Melodies of Life, I love Emiko's voice and the tune was just splendid. So, 1000 no Kotoba and Melodies of Life tie as my favourite Final Fantasy song! I'll probably end up hating Melodies of Life later on, though. :sweat:

Paine6969
05-20-2003, 11:34 PM
Where Did You Find The 3 Diffrent English Versions??? I Would Love To Hear Them

Spira's Cutie
05-21-2003, 01:02 PM
I love them both. I can sing along with Real Emotion. (Yay, I finally learned all the words in Japanese!) and I like to just listen to 1000 no Kotoba! They're both really good, imho! I also can't wait to hear them in English.

Scandalous
05-21-2003, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Paine6969
Where Did You Find The 3 Diffrent English Versions??? I Would Love To Hear Them

You can find them at Ethereal (http://lenne.nu/lenne). Just go to 'sucrerie d'eoil' at the bottom and click on lyrics. :D

Paine6969
05-21-2003, 11:18 PM
Thanks Alot:D

ChibiInuYasha
05-21-2003, 11:32 PM
I find 1000 no Kotoba to have more feeling to it. Real Emotion is just kinda...fun...I guess is the word for it. Therfore, 1000 no Kotoba is the winner here! ^.^

Chibi-Koneko
10-26-2005, 07:34 PM
Does anyone know where I can download the FMV for Real Emotion? I wanna do the song for Lip Sync and I wanna learn the choreography for the FMV.

Venom
10-26-2005, 07:41 PM
I hated the music from X-2.

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
10-27-2005, 11:36 AM
1000 Words. I have heard the English and Japanese versions but prefer the english one, because about 2 thirds of the way in the japanese version the singer starts goin kinda screechy/despereate sounding and that totally ruins it. The english ones better anyway though the voice is better. As for Eyes on Me, Its a good song but her s's sound whistly. (maybe its just me but still.....)

ThroneofDravaris
10-27-2005, 11:57 AM
Real Emotion. Both songs are sins against humanity, but since RE is more of a pop song it can actually compete with half the crap in this particular genre.

In other words, both are crap, but Real Emotion is better by comparison.

crazybayman
10-27-2005, 01:37 PM
I hated the music from X-2.
That first scene with Yuna (or the Yuna lookalike, I'm not sure, because I didn't get past the first 10 hrs of gameplay) singing pop music in a concert turned my stomach.
So I'd have to say they both suck, because I'm sure they're pop.

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
10-28-2005, 12:34 PM
Real Emotion. Both songs are sins against humanity, but since RE is more of a pop song it can actually compete with half the crap in this particular genre.

In other words, both are crap, but Real Emotion is better by comparison.
To say that they are "sins against humanity" is itself a "sin against humanity"

That first scene with Yuna (or the Yuna lookalike, I'm not sure, because I didn't get past the first 10 hrs of gameplay) singing pop music in a concert turned my stomach.
So I'd have to say they both suck, because I'm sure they're pop.Actually you find out it is a Yuna impersonator 5 MINUTES into the game so "10 hours of gameplay" doesn't even come into it.
*Cukoo* *Cukoo*

Christmas
10-28-2005, 12:50 PM
Anyway, 1000 no Kobota is my favorite, and I mean the Japanese version sung by Koda Kumi.

ThroneofDravaris
10-28-2005, 01:34 PM
To say that they are "sins against humanity" is itself a "sin against humanity"

Seriously, the Original Sin has NOTHING on 1000 Words...

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
10-28-2005, 01:44 PM
1000 words is seriously the best vocal on any of the games ^_^ *whooo*

ThroneofDravaris
10-28-2005, 02:14 PM
Oh come on. Aria di Mezzo Carattere has better vocals than 1000 Words, and those were synthesized!

crazybayman
10-28-2005, 02:18 PM
Actually you find out it is a Yuna impersonator 5 MINUTES into the game so "10 hours of gameplay" doesn't even come into it.
*Cukoo* *Cukoo*
Oh.
Its been awhile since I exposed myself to that junk. I tend to forget that sort of thing. So maybe I should have said "not sure because its been a few years since I played it that one time, and I don't really care anyway".
Anyways, tell someone who cares.

Cukoo? good one. :rolleyes2

Christmas
10-28-2005, 02:18 PM
Oh come on. Aria di Mezzo Carattere has better vocals than 1000 Words, and those were synthesized!

Aria di Mezzo Carattere is one of my favourite song/music in FF VI :kaohappy2

But I dun think we should be discussing this here....

ThroneofDravaris
10-28-2005, 02:25 PM
Meh, this thread is pretty pointless anyway. How can you discuss which BMG in FFX-2 is the best when the game has a single decent track?

Oh, just in case you’re wondering, the only good one is ‘Vegnagun starting’.

Christmas
10-28-2005, 02:38 PM
"Vegnagun starting" is a pretty good tune, remind me a bit of the tune you heard during the final battle with Kefka. ("Dancing Mad") :kaoyatta:

But I think "Eternity - Memory of Lightwaves" isn't that bad too.

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
10-28-2005, 02:47 PM
PHILESTINES!!!!! *cries*
Yuna's Ballad is good!!

tifa:one winged angel
10-28-2005, 02:55 PM
1000 no Kobota is better than real emotion but i dont really like either of them i didnt see the point in puting dancing singing yuna in this its not like the other final fantasys let me down a little they are going soft on us

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
10-28-2005, 02:59 PM
I think it's because the new guy who did the music thought thats what people wanted. HE IS LIKE SO WRONG!!! Anyway, the FF composer is back for the new games, I think. He's doing the music for AC so the new games should. UEMATSU!!! UEMATSU!!! UEMATSU!!! UEMATSU!!! UEMATSU!!! UEMATSU!!! UEMATSU!!! UEMATSU!!! UEMATSU!!! UEMATSU!!! UEMATSU!!! UEMATSU!!! UEMATSU!!! UEMATSU!!! UEMATSU!!! UEMATSU!!!

ThroneofDravaris
10-28-2005, 03:01 PM

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
10-28-2005, 03:02 PM
heh..........heh..........sorry...... *hides face in embarrassment*

Yunaffx
10-29-2005, 06:20 AM
i like 1000 words in japnese and engilish:p

Memorylight
10-29-2005, 07:57 AM
1000 no kotoba...

But I think "Eternity - Memory of Lightwaves" isn't that bad too.
Woooot! I love that song, my favourite of the whole game.

And some random stuff:

Hey, does anyone else have the Mayuko Aoki version where they sing, is it on the X-2 soundtrack or something? It's called "Morning Glow" in English, don't know what in Japaneese... Anyway, I think it's pretty cool but I still can't find the damn instrumental one, does anyone know where I can find it?