PDA

View Full Version : This Game Is Annoying: Part II

Strider
04-15-2003, 07:32 AM
This is more of a technical question, so here we go.

I've got FFVII for my PC, and I found the boss and everything alright and moved on yadda yadda. . .so Cloud's up at the Gold Saucer, and he needs to enter the race to get everyone's freedom, right? As soon as Ester comes back into the room to tell Cloud that it's time for the race and I start to follow her out of the room. . . my computer freaks out. It says there's some sort of error, but I can't read the entire error message because my resolution happens to be temporarily huge. When I press enter, it shuts the entire program down. Thus, I have to go find the boss again.

Any suggestions as to what might be up?

Big D
04-15-2003, 11:50 AM
You can't actually follow Ester out of the room. Just hang around, talk to the other jockeys, grab any Materia that might be lying around... and wait.:)

Strider
04-16-2003, 12:23 AM
Yeah, I did. But when she comes back and tells me that it's time to go, I follow her out of the room, the music turns up and. . .the error occurs.

Big D
04-16-2003, 12:46 AM
That's what I mean. When she tells you it's time to go, just stay there and see what happens.

Rostum
04-16-2003, 01:03 AM
Maybe it's just your computer... ?

zacks_clone
04-16-2003, 01:39 AM
Sorry,but i dont have the computer version of the game.I think if there isnt any scratches or things on your disk,or it isnt your computer,it may just be a faultie disk or something.Or,you could wait around abit(like Big D said).I'd try waiting

Strider
04-16-2003, 02:00 AM
That's not a half-bad idea. . . Yeah, I've looked at the disc, and there doesn't appear to be any scratches or anything of that sort. If it had a scratch, it'd be more likely to just freeze than to bring up an error message and shut down, right?

Rostum
04-16-2003, 03:24 AM
could be just a graphics problem with the computer? although i couldn't see that happening seeing as ff7 would run on any computer these days...

o_O
04-16-2003, 06:02 AM
Is it possible that it's a resolution problem? Wait!
I've got an idea. In some PC versions of FFVII there was a serious problem in that chocobo racing cuased the program to crash. If I'm not mistaken, the next scene in the game after that is a Chocobo race, no? Never fear, there is a patch you can get to fix it. I just don't know where. ;)

EDIT: It's Here. (http://www.qhimm.com/ff7_chocobo_patch.zip) :)