PDA

View Full Version : ...help... HOW THE F*** DO YOU KILL LADY YUNALESCA?!

Squall Leonheart
04-15-2003, 02:47 PM
How do you beat lady Yunalesca? I always run out of magic and Items because I try to heal my characters.

--Help--

Pancaek
04-15-2003, 06:33 PM
I don't remember exactly what I did, but the most important thing to do is NOT heal Zombie status. In one of her later forms, she'll use an attack that instantly kills everyone, so Zombie will help prevent that. Not healing Zombie means that your magic can be used for better things, like Protect, Shell and Haste.

Rye
04-15-2003, 10:50 PM
Use HOLY! Holy does so much on her. And don't use your Aeons until her 3rd form, your gonna need them for protection!

Kimera 726
04-16-2003, 12:17 AM
Yeah Yunalesca was kinda difficult for me, since I didn't take the time to recharge my aeon's overdrive after the previous boss battle. All I can say is this: make sure two ppl have Zombie in their status and one without, so when she kills everybody with Death, only one will go down instead of two or three. She'll use Zombie a lot but her magic isn't so strong. THat's the good news. Don't be afraid to have a bad status on your characters. Better than death, yah?

The phoenix down trick is a hoax btw.

Aeons. Whoever said she's vulnerable to ice...blah! It's not as great as Holy magic. Luckily 4 out of my 7 characters reached the end of their sphere grid: Auron, Rikku, Yuna, and Lulu. But with the magic booster and half MP, I could only cast Flare 3 times. Oh well. If you can, save Bahamut for last and be sure she's somewhere around 20,000 HP left before using it.

Isn't her final form scary? Rated PG game my arse. :eep:

Rye
04-16-2003, 12:23 AM
Lol, She looks like Medusa from a movie I saw when I was little! :whoa: :eek:

After I saw that I kinda thought Squaresoft was going crazy, for showing her!

Rostum
04-16-2003, 12:50 AM
pfft... she was easy, just use holy and aeons... then have auron and tidus hack away at her with attacks....................

Shlup
04-16-2003, 05:17 AM
If I remember correctly, she can be poisoned too.

Rostum
04-16-2003, 05:21 AM
i dont think she can be, seymoure flux can be though

Rye
04-16-2003, 01:01 PM
She ws easy for me, but after all I trained in Zanarkand for almost a day.

The One Winged Angel
04-16-2003, 05:56 PM
I found this very good method in an FAQ for if you're having trouble:

have Rikku on overdrive and mix Trio of 9999 (look it up if u don't know it), then use a water gem to kill her 1st form, Slice & Dice for her second and then use Attack Reels on her final form, this will kill her without her even getting an attack in.

And before you say it she WILL cast Megadeath on you but since you will all be Zombied from before it shall miss

Final Fantasy Freak
04-16-2003, 10:54 PM
Try using deathproof shields...

Kimera 726
04-17-2003, 07:14 AM
You know how hard that is to get?

Mattokenzi
04-17-2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by RikkuYuna89
Lol, She looks like Medusa from a movie I saw when I was little! :whoa: :eek:

After I saw that I kinda thought Squaresoft was going crazy, for showing her!

I Know what your talking about the movie was Called "clash of the titans"

But since were talking about that steal from her you'll :o Zzz (item is worth it)
attack her you'll be blind
cast spells on her and you will shut up

Rye
04-17-2003, 09:00 PM
I hated Yunalesca's First Form! I can't stand Status Attacks! When I fight Yunalesca I wait until her second form, than steal Stamina Tablets (makes your HP go up to 9999, I think) than I'm unstopable!

Kimera 726
04-17-2003, 11:59 PM
despite high evasion and high defenses, seeing my mages with less than 2500 HP really makes me worry. And thats their DEFAULT max hp (you could always continue with the sphere grid). Yeah, and since critical status gives you nil, I always worry. In FF8, critical status increases so many stats and chances. :D

I didn't like Yunalesca's status attacks, so I figured it best to dish out your overdrives in her first form and end it as soon as possible. Aeons can come later in the battle, and note that if you have your characters almost at the end of their default sphere grid, having a zombie effect won't hurt you too bad because Regen only hits one person, and her mag. attack is low.

Rye
04-18-2003, 12:31 AM
In FF8, critical status increases so many stats and chances.

Yup! Thats why I like to cast some status attack on Squall so he does his limit break (LIONHEART!!!! Battle over)

Squall Leonheart
04-18-2003, 04:14 AM
Thanks guys! I followed what you said and, sure enough, I kicked her ass! ..uh I mean... I kicked her butt!
Hey RikkuYuna89, You are right about Squall's LIONHEART limit break! I beat the snot out of that game and it is still fun to watch him do that move! :D :D :megaman: :aimsmile:

Rye
04-18-2003, 01:35 PM
Good! I'm glad that you beat her! Now you can see the ending ^.^

I love to watch Lion Heart! I laugh every time he kills a boss that "supposedly" is hard, with that move.

the blitzer
04-18-2003, 08:34 PM
I HAD TO TRAIN FOR AT LEAST 4 DAYS TO BEAT HER. I HAD 3 CHARICTERS WITH PROCTION FROM ZOMBIE AND BEFORE I KILLED HER SECOND FORM I WHICHED THEM FOR 3 OTHERS ALLOWED THEM TO BE ZOMBIED AND KILL HER SECOND FORM. I USED THE AEONS IN THE THIRD WITH THEIR OVERDIVES AT MAX I ALSO HAD THE PARTYS OVERDRIVE AT MAX (I DO THAT BEFORE ALL BOSSES).

Rye
04-18-2003, 09:50 PM
I always try to deal the final blow on her second form with an Aeon, because she does mega-death right after she changes.

Aureus Dragonsbane
04-18-2003, 10:31 PM
I fought Yunalesca three time, unusual for me. First time, Mega-Death caught me off guard. Second time, I tried being conservative because I had no idea how many forms she had. I held back, and she Mega-Deathed me again. At this point, I figured out that it doesn't hit Zombified characters. I intended to use this to my advantage, but never got the chance. Third round, I just said, "You know what? Screw it. Die, crazy lady, DIIEEE!!!" Long story short, I went all out and killed her - she never even used Mega-Death. I'm still not sure why.

Also, RikkuYuna's right. Holy magic make Yunalesca crawl into corner and whimper.

Rye
04-18-2003, 10:55 PM
Also, RikkuYuna's right. Holy magic make Yunalesca crawl into corner and whimper.

Well she is the reaper of death :p ^.^

I just said, "You know what? Screw it. Die, crazy lady, DIIEEE!!!" Long story short, I went all out and killed her - she never even used Mega-Death. I'm still not sure why.

That's what I did, except with Aeons. The first time I beat her I was running around my house, like it was a parade ^.^

Aureus Dragonsbane
04-20-2003, 01:55 AM
That's what I did, except with Aeons.

Can't Yuanlesca kill Aeons in one hit though - or am I thinking of another boss? Most bosses can. *cries*

Besides, Yunalesca isn't THAT tough. Compare her to some of the original beasts in the zoo in the Calm Lands, and she's a freakin' cakewalk. ;)

Rye
04-20-2003, 01:07 PM
Besides, Yunalesca isn't THAT tough. Compare her to some of the original beasts in the zoo in the Calm Lands, and she's a freakin' cakewalk

You got that right, I can't beat Neslug! *cries*

The One Winged Angel
04-20-2003, 03:38 PM
Hehe, Neslug's not that bad if u have a decent Wakka...

Rye
04-20-2003, 03:46 PM
In my previous file I had a REALLY good team, with Yuna, Tidus, and Auron. If only I chose Wakka. My new game has wakka, but they're not as good. I gotta train Wakka up :)

The One Winged Angel
04-20-2003, 09:30 PM
Hehe, that's exactly what happend with me, but now i got a REALLY REALLY good team with Wakka :D

The Chaotic Demon
04-28-2003, 01:35 PM
I just had this armor for wakka that prevented zombie or something... i think... i dunno. I just remember freaking out when i saw her third form, and then i died. LoL... i think the characters died of shock, too.
--------------

Tidus: Oh...my...gawd.
RIkku: Ewww, she has like, a bigger face under her smaller one! *giggle*
Yuna: Gosh, it was bad enough for my virgin eyes to see her in a freaking thong. SEYMOUR'S MOM WAS A SLUT!!!
LuLu: *gasp* Yuna, do not utter such words!
Wakka: Ya, and besides, you still can't see more cleavage than what LuLu's packing, so i don't really see what you're shocked about...
Auron: . . .
Kimahri: I feel my animal insticts taking over...
Rikku: Like, total fashion emergency!!!

Yunalesca: HOW DARE YOU MOCK MY APPEARANCE! YOU FOOLS!!! NOW I SHALL GIVE YOU ALL A LAPDANCE IN THIS FORM JUST TO WATCH YOU ALL SUFFER! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! JUST WATCH ME GET THIS TONGUE IN ACTION!

All: *dies*
-------------

zoti
12-06-2003, 02:35 PM
i did this.....
first i get all my aeons with overdrive thath means bahamut, shiva, ixion, ifrit and valefor....
then let yuna have a -GA magic let her have a staff that does that she have more mp......
use attack and magic if you can't kill her first whit that use a aeon (valefor).....
in her second use magic holy or that -GA magic.. and one or two aeons (ifrit, ixion)
in her third use the rest of your aeons and ATTACK HER WITH ALL YOUR STRENGHT!!!!!!!!!
the aeons have to use theyr overdrive on her.....
you should have your party with full overdrive to.......
use reflect on yuna to.......... or else yunalesca use her silent attack...

OOOOOOOO remember that she are using absorb and an other thing that heals her.. the aeons are giving her VERY much life if you don't can do something about it........