PDA

View Full Version : Best Villians end hideout/castle thing, SPOILERS!!

Old Chocobo
04-16-2003, 02:12 AM
WARNING WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS

Which one of these if your favourite end ff villian hide out thingy?

Pancaek
04-16-2003, 02:35 AM
My favorite is inside Sin. His inside was huge compared to his outside, and I thought it was neat how he could fit so much stuff in there.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-16-2003, 04:01 AM
I filled in some of the blanks in the options for you.

These places all tend to be nice and unique and enjoyable, really. The best one, however, is still Kefka's Tower, I'd say, what with all the spotlights, the compressed and compacted ruins of old Vector, and the music as always. Of course, the best part was the necessity of cooperation between three separate parties in order to navigate the old maze. There's an element they really ought to bring back someday, you know.

Kimera 726
04-16-2003, 04:10 AM
Crystal World. Though short, it's really was a spectacle.

Blizzard
04-16-2003, 12:54 PM
Crystal World & Cleft Of Dimension. :luffle:

Old Chocobo
04-16-2003, 01:43 PM
I voted for Ultemicias castle, although it was a really really close call between that - inside sin - and northern crator.

Although i do not like ff8 I think Ultemicias castle was the best simply cause you fight lots of bosses there and do lots of puzzles and the weird music freaks you out. and once your outside of Ultemicias room you kinda dont wanna go in there in case you get your ass kicked, obviously that wasnt the case since they made another piss easy end boss :(

I like the northern crator simply because of the 3 last end bosses and + being able to attack one last time with either Omnislash or a normal attack in a seperate battle where sephiroth for some reason decided to be topless. But the best part about the northern crator are magic urns and the tonberrys, i remember spending hours on just levelling up :)

Inside sin was pretty damn cool too. You fight a load of monster which you can bribe a lot of good stuff of.

Psychotic
04-16-2003, 06:25 PM
Close choice between Sin, because it had such great locations as City of Dying Dreams(Oh, the irony!) but I voted Lunar Subterrae. It's on the moon! as in THE moon! how wonderful!

Reine
04-30-2003, 03:05 AM
Crystal World and N-Zone were the coolest.

Mr. Graves
04-30-2003, 05:23 PM
FF8's Final Boss place simply rocked! I wouldn't mind living in that castle.

I also agree with 'Kishi on the FF6 Tower. I had loads of fun alternating between 3 parties.

zacks_clone
05-01-2003, 12:06 AM
the north crater.Love it just because i really wouldnt mind living there.so cool!

Nakor TheBlue Rider
10-08-2003, 08:22 PM
I didnt like Ultimicas Castle.....

I love Castles but that one....Meh....

I ended up Chosing the Crater because inside the crater you go into the lifestream to fight Sephiroth.....

And the Life Stream Place is like a Castle...Kinda....But way Cool...

Vermachtnis
10-09-2003, 03:55 AM
I chose Doom Castle. I know, I know this game sucks really hard, but it came with good music. That's the only reason.
Temple of Fiends is in second because of this line

In the future you killed me
I may be immature, but I find that funny.

crono_logical
10-09-2003, 08:56 PM
I have to pick between FF6 and FF8 for me :p Kefka's tower was interesting, plus the way you split into 3 parties which had to help each other was unique to that game, I believe (not like splitting into groups in FF7, and ignoring all but the first group which contains your strongest characters for the few last bosses) :p FF8's was nice because of the puzzles it contained, and how you had to go around unlocking your skills, should you feel th need to, although you could go fight Ultimacia without releasing them all if you wanted :p

I guess I'm biased towards the gameplay in final dungeons, judging from my choices - it's just standard run through and battle away as usual in the other games, even if they did have decent music like in FF5 (plus story when Gilgamesh appears for the last time), FFMQ, or FF7 :p

Blackmage
10-10-2003, 02:54 AM
Hrmm... I'd haveta go for...the Northern Crater. I like the scenery; I wish my home kinda looked like the innards of it.

Doomgaze
10-10-2003, 07:06 AM
There was almost as much teamwork on Ultimecia's Castle as Kefka's Tower...

And yeah, I'd say one of those two. Simply going on how cool they are, Kefka's, but I wouldn't want to live reign over there ;)

EDIT: It's not FF, but if you just want to go coolest last dungeon, The Black Omen. Not that it was even that fun, but it was certainly the most imposing of them. The music was great, too.

Sefie1999AD
10-10-2003, 05:37 PM
Although I liked Temple of Chaos (Past) and the Northern Crater a lot, I think Ultimecia's castle is still the best final dungeon in the FF series. Cool music, nice graphics, lots of things to do, Omega Weapon and you can kind of choose the difficulty level according to how many abilities you unseal. Even though FF6 and FFX has got pretty many votes, I think Kefka's Tower and Inside Sin sucked. Kefka's Tower because you practically have to level up 12 guys, and it's extremely annoying, especially when I wouldn't use 8 of them anyway, and Inside Sin because, IMHO, it's just a bland and boring place with nothing special.

It's not FF, but if you just want to go coolest last dungeon, The Black Omen. Not that it was even that fun, but it was certainly the most imposing of them. The music was great, too.

Black Omen wasn't a last dungeon. It's a side quest, so it's totally optional. I know it feels a lot like a last dungeon, and that it eventually leads to Lavos, but I still don't think that's a last dungeon. My favorite last dungeon in Squaresoft games is probably End of the World from Kingdom Hearts.

Doomgaze
10-11-2003, 07:59 AM
Eh, close enough. It's the last dungeon you do, normally.

I hated The End of the World, except for the fight with the Fantasia demon. Otherwise it was just some generic evil dimension. Hollow Bastion was cool, though.

Nait
10-11-2003, 01:59 PM
Ultimecia's Castle. I mean, that thing was huge, and had style. Nice scenery, varied, many things to do.

EDIT:

My opinion may have been affected by the fact that I used No Encounter, though. Only bosses and puzzles, nothing else. *_*

Advent Child
10-11-2003, 07:18 PM
I thought ulemecia's castle was really cool.

sephiroth21
11-14-2003, 03:02 PM
I liked inside of sin because it was very orignal
but the north crator was the best evil hide out
(ecspecialy for someone as evil as sephiroth)

muchacho
11-14-2003, 04:11 PM
close vote between ultimecia's castle, the northern crater, and inside sin. but the moon takes the cake. i mean, come on..... its the moon.

Underworld_Darkness
11-17-2003, 03:15 AM
I voted for Ultimecia's Castle because.....I am partial to castles and eeiry scary sounding music.

DocFrance
11-17-2003, 02:22 PM
The Lunar Core, the Northern Crater, and the Crystal World, mostly for the music, as well as the over all awesomeness of it all.