PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy 7 movie.

SeanFThomas
04-16-2003, 05:41 AM
Now I'm not saying wether there should be a movie or not. I'm not going to get into that because people will bicker and bicker why or why not. My opinion, yes there should be a movie with a less-vague storyline (in parts). My question is this. Who do you guys think should play the parts of the main characters? Here's my dream cast list.

Cloud: Orlando Bloom(sorry! brain fart!) (Legolas in LOTR)
Barret: Michael Clarke Duncan (Kingpin in Daredevil)
Tifa: Jennifer Garner (Elektra in Daredevil)
Aeris: Kate Beckinsale (the chick in Pearl Harbor)
Red XIII: Val Kilmer as a voice (Batman #3)
Vincent: Hugo Weaving (Agent Smith in Matrix)
Cid: Bruce Willis (John McClain in Die Hard)
Yuffie: Ziyi Zhand (Girl in Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon)

Sephiroth: Hugh Jackman (Wolverine in X-Men)
President Shinra: Brian Doyle-Murray (Noah Vanderhoff in Wayne's World)
Rufus: Undecided. Help!
Heidegger: John Rhys-Davies (Gimli in LOTR)
Scarlet: Michelle Pfeiffer (Catwoman in Batman Returns)
Reeve: Kevin Spacey (Verbal in Usual Suspects)
Palmer: Wayne Knight (Newman on Seinfeld)
Hojo: Undecided. Help!
Reno: Ray Park (Darth Maul in Star Wars 1)
Rude: Wesley Snipes (Blade in Blade)
Tseng: Jet Li (Bad Guy from Lethal Weapon 4)
Elena: Undecided. Help!

This is just theoretical. Throw out your opinions!

Calvin
04-16-2003, 10:19 AM
I've actually thought about FFVII being a movie, but I came to the conclusion that it would either be 20 hours or so vague and fast-paced that the movie would suck. But I could see it as a mini-series.....or maybe even a TV series.....but then I think that would cheapen the game.....but this is probably what you were trying to avoid....

OK......as for your list.......

Barret would HAVE to be played by Mr. T! I think most everyone here would agree with me on that one.

But I definitely agree with a lot of the choices, like Vincent, Cid, Heidegger, and Reeve. However I'm not much of a movie buff, so I wouldn't be able to help you with the other ones.

Wrexsoul
04-16-2003, 05:06 PM
Legolas??? Cloud??? He never, EVER struck me as the Cloud type.......... (but then again, I don't have a better example of who to play him)
Bear with me, I'm not all that into celebrities -- I don't know who the heck half the people on that list are -- so I'm just giving what little feedback I have.

One day I tried to draw Cid and he came out looking more like George Clooney. Not to suggest he's the best nominee, but *shrug* I'm just getting the idea out.
And that blonde chick on "ER" (I can't remember her name for the life of me) always struck me as the Elena type for some reason.

I always thought if they'd make it into a movie, it'd be computer animated and so they'd only need VOICE actors. It's harder to find people in Hollywood with a likeness to the characters, so I'm less comfortable with this scenario.

(---Strong Bad rocks!!!)

Psychotic
04-16-2003, 06:37 PM
Orlando Jones?

His name is Orlando Bloom, I have it rammed down my throat every time I talk to certain girls...

|Stop with the overpaid Hollywood actors already!

Calvin
04-16-2003, 06:53 PM
I think that if they did make it into a movie, I'd be more excited about the soundtrack than anything else.

Strider
04-16-2003, 07:02 PM
Here's a couple of suggestions . . .

Hojo could be played by the guy who played Grima Wormtongue in the Two Towers. . .

Rufus could be played by Jake Gyllenhaal. That guy has MAD acting skills. :D

Bulldog
04-16-2003, 08:31 PM
Make it an anime.

PhoenixAsh
04-16-2003, 08:43 PM
I'd have said David Borneaz (angel) should play Cloud, and Samuel L. Jackson should be Rude. Maybe put James Marsters (Spike in Buffy) in for Sephiroth too.

CloudDragon
04-16-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog
Make it an anime.

Amen.

Rude
04-16-2003, 11:56 PM
and Samuel L. Jackson should be Rude.

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!
SAMUEL L JACKSON IS A GOD
RUDE IS ALSO A GOD
THIS IS THE GREATEST IDEA EVER!!!

(sorry, I couldn't resist all caps on that one hehe)

Big D
04-17-2003, 10:48 AM
Cloud: Orlando Jones (Legolas in LOTR)
Barret: Michael Clarke Duncan (Kingpin in Daredevil)
Tifa: Jennifer Garner (Elektra in Daredevil)
Aeris: Kate Beckinsale (the chick in Pearl Harbor)
Red XIII: Val Kilmer as a voice (Batman #3)
Cid: Bruce Willis (John McClain in Die Hard)
Yuffie: Ziyi Zhand (Girl in Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon)

Sephiroth: Hugh Jackman (Wolverine in X-Men)
President Shinra: Brian Doyle-Murray (Noah Vanderhoff in Wayne's World)
Rufus: Undecided. Help!
Heidegger: John Rhys-Davies (Gimli in LOTR)
Scarlet: Michelle Pfeiffer (Catwoman in Batman Returns)
Reeve: Kevin Spacey (Verbal in Usual Suspects)
Palmer: Wayne Knight (Newman on Seinfeld)
Hojo: Undecided. Help!
Reno: Ray Park (Darth Maul in Star Wars 1)
Rude: Wesley Snipes (Blade in Blade)
Elena: Undecided. Help!

Mr T would seem to be a natural to play Barret, except for one thing: He's much too old. Barret is only 37, after all. The same goes for Cid - Both Bruce Willis and Harrison Ford have been suggested for this role, but both have far more years behind them than the 32-year-old Cid (the Harrison Ford idea came from a different website). Karl Urban would be a possibility.

Orlando Bloom would make a good Cloud, in my opinion. He'd have to wear another elaborate wig, but oh well.

As much as it pains me to say it, Leonardo DiCaprio would be the best to play Rufus, in terms of looks and approximate age anyway. Of course we all know how much of a disaster that would be if it actually happened...

Tseng is at least 40, so Jet Li would be too young to play him. If Jackie Chan could act, then maybe. B D Wong might be OK.

Patsy Kensit would make a suitably 'badass' Scarlet, I think.

Sephiroth is the toughest casting call. David Bowie has the potential and the voice (seen Labyrinth?), but heavy makeup would be needed.

I'm gonna go hunt for more ideas, and maybe get back to you...

Edit:
Angelina Jolie would be a passable Tifa if her skin wasn't so deeply tanned. Famke Janssen might fit the bill, also.

How about Jennifer Lien as Aeris? Or Elena, for that matter?

Greg Proops' performance in Seymour the Fractal Cat might make him seem like a natural choice to voice Cait Sith, but I'd be more in favour of someone like Brent Spiner. Cait Sith would need someone with good 'strange voice' abilities, but also the skill to sound sensitive and serious when the situation called for it.

Blackmage
04-17-2003, 02:37 PM
If they were to do it, they've gotta make it computer animated like The Spirits Within (IMO, they should've made a movie of this for their movie, not The Spirits Within...uggh...). So, all that'd needed are voices.

Barret just has to be voiced by Mr T. If he wasn't...I wouldn't see it. Other than that, I really don't know. I'm not a big movie person.

DelightfulSpekkio442
04-17-2003, 03:30 PM
I think Alexis Bledel (Tuck Everlasting) would be a great Aeris. And as for Orlando Bloom, he'd be better as Sephiroth than Cloud.

~MJE~

PhoenixAsh
04-17-2003, 06:30 PM
I'd really hate Famke Janssen as Tifa. Age doesn't matter too much I don't think when it comes to Barret and Cid as long as their characters fit, but for Cloud and the girls it would be pretty important. I actually think Barret and Cid would be better with older actors.

Lexy
04-17-2003, 10:05 PM
yeah dude, I don't think age matters either. Also, I can really see hottie Orlando Bloom as Sephiroth (lol if just for the long hair).

SeanFThomas
04-18-2003, 03:43 AM
Cool ideas! Keep 'em coming!

My opinion on the whole age thing...
Have you ever seen a picture of any given old actor like at some ceremony or something? They look as old as they are. But with the magic of make-up, they could make someone like Mr. T (for Barret) look 37. I think that would be badass to have Mr. T as Barret, but Barret also has emotional moments like about the whole Corel thing. I think it would require a better actor than Mr. T. That's why I suggested Michael Clarke Duncan. He's a specatacular actor. And he's black. And he's huge.

My opinion about Orlando Bloom (sorry for the Orlando Jones thing. It was late when I posted) as Cloud...
One of the big reasons I cast Bloom as Cloud was his voice. It's exactly how I imagined Cloud's I-keep-to-myself voice. And my choice was strengthened by how they depicted Cloud in Kingdom Hearts.

My opinion about Leo DiCaprio as Rufus...
Actually, I think that would be a good choice. He's not a bad actor. The reason most people don't like him is because we were force-fed freakin' Titanic for a really long time and we're all sick of it. I mean, he pulled off a thug in Gangs of New York. But the little voice he's got actually wouldn't cut it for Rufus. Rufus is too powerful of a character.

Don't let this stop you! Keep the ideas a-rollin'!

Kami
04-18-2003, 04:16 AM
Make it an anime.

Originally posted by CloudDragon
Amen.
XD

radyk05
04-18-2003, 04:42 AM
brad pit would make a great cloud

Big D
04-18-2003, 09:25 AM
brad pit would make a great cloud
"............."

Burtsplurt
04-18-2003, 01:00 PM
Mr. T hasn't really aged much at all. Oh, and as Barret is Mr. T, it shouldn't be a stretch on his recently underemployed acting skills!

Zhang Ziyi would make a good Tifa, I think.

If they did make it, I hope to god they wouldn't make an anime. It needs to be urban and gritty with lots of flying, and an anime would spoil the mood.

Loony BoB
04-18-2003, 01:15 PM
Cloud: Orlando Bloom - NO. Cloud is NOT an Elf, he is NOT a soft-faced sensitive new age guy. Brad Pitt would be more suitable than Orlando Bloom, but he's still not right. I say Kimi Raikkonen (a Formula One Grand Prix driver, not an actor) would be the most suitable body-double for Cloud off the top of my head. However, he's not an actor. So I dunno.
Barret: Michael Clarke Duncan - Dunno him. I'd go with Mr. T, or someone like him =P Oh! The huge guy in The Green Mile, if they could get him to look mean. That would be perfect.
Tifa: Jennifer Garner (Elektra in Daredevil) - Dunno her either. The girl from Dark Angel would be good.
Aeris: Kate Beckinsale - Dunno her. Aeris... hrmm. Long blond-ish hair, big eyes... I dunno. Some random chic from Neighbours, heh.
Red XIII: Val Kilmer as a voice - That could work, yeah. Voices are easy.
Vincent: Hugo Weaving - Nah. Hugo should be a Turk. Vincent needs to be more like... hmm... Johnny Depp? I dunno. Not such an old-looking guy, thoug. Needs the vampire feel.
Cid: Bruce Willis - Haha, yeah. Or Dennis Leary. Leary would be GREAT!
Yuffie: Ziyi Zhand - +_+ Dunno again.

Sephiroth: Hugh Jackman - Hmm... could work, but less rough looking. Sephiroth doesn't strike me as a rough looking fella. You know... if they could make Orlando Bloom look EVIL, he would do pretty well. Imagine him making a really evil face. It works.
President Shinra: Brian Doyle-Murray - Who was Noah again? Heh. Dunno. Maybe Hugo Weaving xP
Rufus: Undecided. Help! - Tim Roth. He could do Sephiroth, too. If you ever want pure evil, try Tim Roth. Ever seen the Rob Roy film? Dude. x_x He's the best cocky evil guy I've ever seen.
Heidegger: John Rhys-Davies - Oh God Yes.
Scarlet: Michelle Pfeiffer - Uhh... dunno...
Reeve: Kevin Spacey - I forget him (Reeve). Heh.
Palmer: Wayne Knight - xP
Hojo: Undecided. Help! - Dude, that guy... uh... dammit. Grr, I'm gonna lose sleep over this.
Reno: Ray Park - Maybe. Dunno.
Rude: Wesley Snipes - Samuel L. Jackson would be too old. Wesley Snipes would be too thin. You'd need a mix of them. Hrmm... who else... Ice Cube? I can't even remember what that guy looks like xDDD What does Ice Cube look like?
Tseng: Jet Li - Good choice.
Elena: Undecided. Help! - Dunno.

Calvin
04-18-2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by DelightfulSpekkio442
I think Alexis Bledel (Tuck Everlasting) would be a great Aeris.

Yeah. That chick from Gilmore Girls would work......but if the other actors were teamed up with here, she'd look a little too young.

I wonder who would be good for Bugenhagen?

Rude
04-18-2003, 05:48 PM
For some reason I think Gene Hackman would make a good President Shinra. Of course, he would have to be given a much more prominent role if he were to play that part.

DocFrance
04-18-2003, 06:20 PM
I don't think using big-name actors would be such a good idea. Too much cost, to much of a "star-studded event." Maybe medium- or small-name actors. Or even unknown actor-apprentices people who audition for the part. I dunno, but having people like Wesley Snipes or Orlando Bloom/Jones (XD) might cheapen the movie.

DJZen
04-18-2003, 08:09 PM
Okay, I just had to add my two cents to this.....

Orlando Bloom is a soft faced sensitive type? HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Okay, that was mean, I'm sorry, but if you've ever seen the guy out of costume, he just sorta strikes me as a pissy Brit-punk. And sorry to burst your bubbles, but he has very short black hair. Watch Black Hawk Down, it shows a little more range of his acting skills. If this WAS to be made into a movie though, I've got a strong feeling they'd just make it CG. If it was gonna be live action, it'd probably be done with Japanese actors, and I can't think of any off the top of my head....

Zifnab
04-18-2003, 08:20 PM
Don Corneo - Danni De Vito
Bugenhagan - I'm thinking Mister Miagi or whatever from Karate Kid (Young Nanaki, you may now catch flies with chop sticks with your new found wax-on power)

PhoenixAsh
04-18-2003, 09:06 PM
Again, I really don't think age should be an issue other than for Cloud and the girls. I mean look at Barret's life history, and his attitude, that would so fit an older guy better. Rude could be any age, but I think the turks would seem a bit unproffessional if they were all kids.
I like the idea of Mr. Miagi for Bugenhagen, doesn't anyone think David Borneaz would suit Cloud?

Aeris Gainsbrough
04-21-2003, 07:23 AM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! You know what! I'm gonna.... MAKE THE MOVIE STARTING TOMARROW!!! lol well if everyone wants it, (including me now) I'm gonna make an anime series of it! SERIOUSLY!! I'll draw it all out! (It'll take forever -_- but I'll still try) I'm not a producer

*sigh* and.... I know I'm gonna sound really greedy about this but...... I WANNA PLAY AERIS!!!! Everyone says I look more like her then anything and anybody! I was born with the bright green eyes, long wavy silky chocolate brown hair, pale soft skin, the shortness (I am short *cries* but as long as I'm her height, I'm happy ^_^) and according to most... I even act like her! Before the game even came out they said I'd acted like her, pure hearted, and lovable towards the guy I liked, as well as playful.... well... I'm trying to stay pure hearted, but I've failed a class... I feel terrible... *sigh* but...the only difference between the real her and me is the age... I'll be 22 in 6 years though! but.... yeah I think I sound greedy saying all that...

NOW THAT I HAVE A SCANNER... I'll prove to you all that I look exactly like her I promise! As soon as my film develops though..... (Sorry everyone too.... I've dyed my hair for my friend at TFF with the s/n SeiferAlmasy so it's like a reddish now.... I kinda regret it now though....... >_<) But yeah, you'll all see ME soon ^_^

Eyece
04-26-2003, 03:17 AM
Y'all niggahz be trippin...

Ving Rhames as barret man!!
And sephiroth needs to be played by someone bad ass...not hugh jackman. Legolas MIGHT make a good cloud... But sephiroth would be a hard decision.

Eyece
04-26-2003, 03:25 AM
Y'all niggahz be trippin...

Ving Rhames as barret man!!
And sephiroth needs to be played by someone bad ass...not hugh jackman. Legolas MIGHT make a good cloud... But sephiroth would be a hard decision.

remi07
05-02-2003, 01:47 AM
[SB]
Legolas MIGHT make a good cloud...

Who is legolas? And if they made it into an anime that would suck!
For Cid i'm thinkin' Steve Zahn (Joyride, Riding in cars with boys.) what made me think of him was the way he looked in joyride, but i don't kno about his acting.

IamTidus
05-02-2003, 02:12 AM
Blonde Elf from Lord O' Rings I think Ya Know?

zacks_clone
05-02-2003, 09:29 PM
Vincent: Hugo Weaving - Nah. Hugo should be a Turk. Vincent needs to be more like... hmm... Johnny Depp? I dunno. Not such an old-looking guy, thoug. Needs the vampire feel.

NOT HUGO WEAVING!I think Johnny Depp is a good idea...but...i pictured vincent more....you know....i want to say 'girly',like kuja,but not so.'Pretty' maybe,but not so.Soft?Not rough.young.i dunno

Heavens Oblivion (old account)
05-06-2003, 10:25 PM
Make it an anime.

Yes, a difinite Amen to that, I'd hate it to be a movie like the first and probably only (sadly enough) FF Movie. An Anime for Final Fantasy VII wouldn't be bad at all, yet keep into consideration that the voice actors from Kingdom Hearts shoud actually stay. I think the voices in that game were completely awesome, never knew Lance Bass (Sephy) had it in him either, heh heh. But yes, an Anime would be brilliant...though lets face it, this is all a little farfetched, though we can dream. ^^;

Orlando Bloom as Cloud Strife, never would I have thought that up. I can't really see the kawaii Elf from Mirkwood becoming the opaque SOLDIER. Yet, in this world, anything is possible.

DJZen
05-09-2003, 09:41 AM
You guys know that they made a FF anime, right? No wait, two.... Legend of the Crystals was terrible. It focused primarily on a main hero with a giant sword and a mage chick who can only summon chocobos and has a glowing ass..... And you really have the wrong impression of Orlando Bloom. For one thing, I'm wondering why people see him as the sensitive one when he did the most killing in LotR, and that he's in Pirates of the Carribean..... Yeah, so sensitive......

He's British though, he'd be terrible in the FF7 world....

remi07
05-11-2003, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by DJzen
You guys know that they made a FF anime, right? No wait, two.... Legend of the Crystals was terrible. It focused primarily on a main hero with a giant sword and a mage chick who can only summon chocobos and has a glowing ass....

What? Are you serious?

Ryu
05-11-2003, 01:22 PM
Yep they made FF:Legend of the Crystals and FF: Ulimted (which was ok at first but got crap later).

Personally I think a live-action FFVII movie would SUCK. SUCK big time. I mean it would probably be crapper than crap and FF:TSW put together.

Half the people there were lame and are't suitable apart from Heidegarr and Mr.T.

Let's face it an anime woul dbe far superior. If they get say people who did Neo Genisis or something then your set. You just need the right people to do the anime (Square probably don't have time to do it themselves). Simple really. If any game gets a movie treatment I will always prefer seeing it done in anime not no cruddy live action movie with crap actors. Oh and it's Zhang (note the G) Ziyi. And she would suck at playing Yuffei. She's much to hot and old to play Yuffei. And she doesn't look like Tifa either.

zacks_clone
05-11-2003, 04:44 PM
Hmmm.Iv seen alot of 'lets make it an anime'...Well,instead of a movie,what about a serries?I mean,the game would make and EXTREAMLY long movie,if they didnt take stuff out or make stuff up.Even if they did make stuff up,your still looking at a movie thats 2 hours or over,i feel.

So why not a animated serries.Or,it doesnt even have to be anime.You could have it be actors if you want,but still...I feel a serries would be much more...well,would be a better option to concider then a movie

Calvin
05-11-2003, 08:06 PM
Didn't they make FFVIII into a comic book or something?

remi07
05-11-2003, 09:06 PM
I say make it a mini series. And I think it would be good with real actors or if it were computer animated.
And i don't know if they ever made a ffviii comic book. never heard of it.

zacks_clone
05-11-2003, 11:45 PM
errrm,iv seen alot of ff7 comitcstrips...

Ryu
05-12-2003, 07:21 PM
Oh Zack that's what I meant..just I forgot to say series. I'd prefer an anime series done by a bunch of people who know what they are doing.

Street Fighter was clone into a decent anime series and so many people wanted it (it could have been LOTS better but it was decent for explaining the young versions of the characters).

Maxico
05-12-2003, 08:18 PM

[rant]What the hell give you the right to be so judging like that. not everybody in final fantasy has to be a american hollywood superstar grunt[/end rant]

Sorry bad day.

zacks_clone
05-12-2003, 08:46 PM
Yes.Im sure any british actors would do just as good,if not better,then amarican actors

Big D
05-13-2003, 12:18 AM
Talent, rather than popularity, should always be a deciding factor in casting decisions. Unfortunately, that isn't always so.

Doesn't matter where an actor's from, provided they do the job properly.

Sorceress Fujin
06-04-2003, 09:45 PM
First off, DON'T make it an anime. Too cutesy. Most of the suggestions are good but here's my cast list (note: this is purely theoretical. I'm not saying this would work in real life.)

Cloud-Orlando Bloom
Barret-Mr. T
Tifa-Jennifer Garner
Aeris-Natalie Portman
Red XIII-voiced by Val Kilmer
Cait Sith-voiced by my suggestion for Reeve
Vincent-Johnny Depp
Cid-Kiefer Sutherland
Yuffie-Mandy Moore
Sephiroth-James Marsters (Spike from Buffy)
President Shinra-Brian Doyle-Murray (Noah Vanderhoff from Wayne's World)
Rufus-Leo DiCaprio (After all, he did play a con artist in Catch Me if You Can.)
Heidegger-Robbie Coltrane (Hagrid from Harry Potter)
Scarlet-Michelle Pfeiffer
Reeve-Benjamin Bratt (I've always visualized Reeve as being younger than Kevin Spacey.)
Palmer-Danny DeVito
Hojo-Hugo Weaving (Agent Smith from Matrix)
Reno-Marshall Mathers (aka Eminem)
Rude-Vin Diesel
Tseng-Rick Yune (the Asian guy from The Fast and the Furious)
Elena-Brittany Murphy
Don Corneo-Rodney Dangerfield :D
Bugenhagen-Mr. Miyagi from Karate Kid
Shera-Sandra Bullock
Lucretia-Kate Beckinsale

zacks_clone
06-04-2003, 09:55 PM
oh my gosh...Wow....I think you put alot of thought into that list.I can see every one of the actors you listed as each character.Its amazing.If there was a Final Fantasy 7 movie,this lisy of characters might be some of the actually cast!

Sorceress Fujin
06-04-2003, 10:10 PM
yeah... I was kinda bored last night (not to mention insomnia from hell) I must have been working on that list for about an hour or so. Hojo and Reno were probably the hardest characters to think of actors for. Any ideas on who could play Zack? That was the only character I missed.

Liquid Glass
06-04-2003, 11:58 PM
Orlando bloom, just dyed black hair spiked down.....

zacks_clone
06-05-2003, 12:37 AM
well...orlando bloom would work...cept for the sceans with both Zack,Sephiroth and Cloud...They could blue screan and that sorta thing with the computer...but I think it would be better with an actor in that role...hmm....No.Im afraid i have no ideas what so ever

AeRis X 97
06-05-2003, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by Aeris Gainsbrough
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! You know what! I'm gonna.... MAKE THE MOVIE STARTING TOMARROW!!! lol well if everyone wants it, (including me now) I'm gonna make an anime series of it! SERIOUSLY!! I'll draw it all out! (It'll take forever -_- but I'll still try) I'm not a producer

*sigh* and.... I know I'm gonna sound really greedy about this but...... I WANNA PLAY AERIS!!!! Everyone says I look more like her then anything and anybody! I was born with the bright green eyes, long wavy silky chocolate brown hair, pale soft skin, the shortness (I am short *cries* but as long as I'm her height, I'm happy ^_^) and according to most... I even act like her! Before the game even came out they said I'd acted like her, pure hearted, and lovable towards the guy I liked, as well as playful.... well... I'm trying to stay pure hearted, but I've failed a class... I feel terrible... *sigh* but...the only difference between the real her and me is the age... I'll be 22 in 6 years though! but.... yeah I think I sound greedy saying all that...

NOW THAT I HAVE A SCANNER... I'll prove to you all that I look exactly like her I promise! As soon as my film develops though..... (Sorry everyone too.... I've dyed my hair for my friend at TFF with the s/n SeiferAlmasy so it's like a reddish now.... I kinda regret it now though....... >_<) But yeah, you'll all see ME soon ^_^

SAME HERE! i was born with green eyes, milk chocolate colored hair, and light skin, but my hair is still that color. [my parents wont let me dye it] im going to go to my friend's house to scan my picture ^_^ it has her in it too.. she lewks like lenne.. haha.. with straight long hair.. brownish-blackish.. and she cut the front for bangs when she was in 3rd grade.. muhahaha.. i thought they based lenne on her at first.. hehe.. she looks like her too.. kinda tannish skin.. etc.. just needs to be taller! lolz.. [[i sounded SOOOOOO greedy..]] muhahaha... =D

EveningCross
06-05-2003, 05:08 AM
Ok here goes. I haven't read anybody else's posts yet. I just skipped to the bottom to add mine so I apologize if someone else has already chosen these people. I don't necessarily like these actors but they seem like they could play the parts pretty well.
Rufus: Brad Pitt?
Hojo: Christopher Walken or Nicolas Cage? (Prophecy and Gone In Sixty Seconds respectively)
Elena: Reese Witherspoon? (Legally Blonde)

Edit: And that guy from Star Wars: Episode Two could play Cloud. You know, Hayden Christianson (Anakin)

Edit #2: Rude is black?

TheAbominatrix
06-05-2003, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by Calvin
Didn't they make FFVIII into a comic book or something?

No. But there are numerous doujinshi's (professional fan comics) out there. A great deal of them hentai.

I love Orlando Bloom as Cloud, and I think DJZen said about not fitting because he's British was in reference to the accent. It wouldnt fit with the rest of the characters. Tifa would have to have one as well, as would the rest of the residents of Nibelhiem.

I love all the ideas floating around. We all know if this WAS made into a movie it wouldnt be much of anything. It'd probably suck. That's not what we're here to talk about, we're discussing potential actors.

And yes, the FF animes sucked. Oh how badly they sucked...

Strider
06-05-2003, 06:54 AM
I'm gonna steal Sorceress' list to make my own cast. . .

Barret - Michael Clarke Duncan
Red XIII - voiced by
Cait Sith - voiced by Jon Favreau
Vincent - Hugh Jackman
Cid - Harrison Ford
President Shinra - Jeff Bridges
Rufus - Matt Damon
Heidegger - Dennis Franz
Scarlet - Cate Blanchett
Reeve - Jon Favreau
Hojo - Jack Nicholson
Reno - Christain Bale
Rude - Don Cheadle
Don Corneo - Michael Caine (so what if he's not big and fat? he's a damn fine actor who could pull this off)
Shera - Linda Fiorentino
Lucretia - Jennifer Aniston

zacks_clone
06-06-2003, 01:04 AM
you forgot cloud.you know.harrison ford may make a good cid

GrimmReaper
06-06-2003, 01:34 AM
Jessica Alba would make a great Tifa...

Sorceress Fujin
06-08-2003, 04:25 AM
Originally posted by StriderX284

Reeve - Jon Favreau

Who the :D :D :D :D is Jon Favreau??

I don't know why I didn't think of it when I was writing my big huge list, but I was in the video store today looking at the cover of The Prophecy, and it occurred to me that Christopher Walken would make an excellent Hojo. Heh...

EveningCross
06-08-2003, 05:27 AM
mumbles in sleep...

...hmmmm.... if harrison... ford didn't... didn't want to play cid... maybe... maybe keifer.... snore... sutherland could. Snort... and joaquin.... snort, COUGH!... phoenix (you know, from gladiator and signs) could.... play reno.
Splurt. Sputter. ...oh well...

VexKen
08-07-2003, 12:09 PM
I dont think square would make another fully cg film after how well the last one did, it would cost too much. But a live action i could see happening. Anyway cast:
first of all i would like to say that jet li is about forty so he is a perfect tseng
cloud: heath ledger, i dont know why its just a gut reaction.
sephiroth: johnny depp, hes great at dark characters
barret: has to be michael clarke duncan
rufus: colin farrell
caith sith: alan cumming, hes the same type of annoying
aeris: alison hannigan
tifa: angelina jolie, shes good at playing out of porportion game characters
vincent: keanu reeves, all he has to do is look moody
reno&rude: ray park and samuel l. jackson

Freya Coral
08-08-2003, 06:26 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by VexKen
tifa: angelina jolie, shes good at playing out of porportion game characters
[QUOTE/]
:laughing:

Yay! Someone finally resurrected this thread! Like VexKen said, I don't believe Square would make another CG movie, seeing how FF:TSW flopped. A live action movie might be cool in theory, but probably wouldn't work in real life. If it was an anime, I wouldn't even bother. An anime wouldn't fit the dark mood of the game.

Sorceress Fujin had some pretty good suggestions for the cast. Rick Yune, Johnny Depp... :drool:

Though Colin Farrell might be better as Reno.

Brian The Pink Shark
08-08-2003, 01:33 PM
A movie would be Great

§håd0w
08-10-2003, 11:24 PM
whomever played golem in the LOTR movies, would make a good hojo. same personality, they both obsess over items and refer to it as precious. spehiroth needs to be someone else. he would sound right as a tough person. he needs a softer voice, and something less raspy.

but then again, an FFX movie was made, so i dont see why a FFVII movie should't be made. it would actually be better as far as realism went. who the hell hold their breath for 5 minutes underwater while being tackled and crap. no way, but racing a giant bird would actually seem more realistic

ChibiInuYasha
08-10-2003, 11:44 PM
I cant belive no one has said Sarah Michelle Gellar should be Tifa. Well I'm saying it now! Sarah Michelle Gellar would make a great Tifa! (Her hair is naturally brown anyway)

§håd0w
08-11-2003, 12:12 AM
for her voice, ok, but her face doesnt resemble that much of tifas. and her 'proportions' arent the same either

SeanFThomas
08-21-2003, 09:14 PM
Wow. Post a thread and come back a couple months later and WHAMMO. Three pages. A kind of fake plastic pride dwells deep inside me somehow...anyway.

YEAH!!! Nice-ass suggestions! I completely forgot about Johnny Depp! How, I do not know. But throwing him in there would definitely add some substance to the film. And I'm kind of disagreeing with the idea of a CG movie and an Anime. I mean look at the past attempts at both of those kind of movies by Square. 'Nuff said. I don't know if I've said this before, but it would work as kind of a trilogy, so to speak, each of the three parts released within two or three weeks of each other. I dunno.

Okay, there's one thing I have to say about opinions of Cid. As I was looking over all of the suggestions, I saw (I forget who it was) but it was this young guy. If you guys pay attention, you'll see Cid is this old and grumpy guy. Not OLD old, but old. Harrison Ford could do it, but people see him as more of a galant hero than a bitchy grumpy I-don't-give-a-rat's-ass disgruntled airship pilot. Although he is talented enough to pull it off. I still say Bruce Willis.

And FINALLY we get off Mr. T as Barret. I know image and voice wise, he fits him perfectly. But let's ruminate. Mr. T is unemployed FOR A REASON. He's not a good actor. This movie has to call for talent. If it didn't, it would certainly not be very good. But eh.

Well let's see how far this goes. Chillins.

§håd0w
08-21-2003, 11:27 PM
yea dude. it would definately be around the same length as the lord of the rings trilogy. theres just so much going on

zacks_clone
08-21-2003, 11:38 PM

NO NO NO NO NO NONO NO!!!!!NO!You cannot-I repete-CANNOT have Hugo as Vincent.ARE YOU CRAZY?!

cloudstrife4490
08-23-2003, 09:49 PM
Cloud-Orlando Bloom
Barret-Mr. T
Tifa-angelie jolee
Aeris-Natalie Portman
Cait Sith-Help!!!!
Vincent-Johnny Depp
Cid-dennis leary
Yuffie-help?
Sephiroth-lance bass was always good in kh
President Shinra-help?
Rufus-Leo DiCaprio
Heidegger-help
Reeve-help!!!!!!!
Palmer-Danny DeVito
Hojo-Hugo Weaving
Reno-help!
Rude-Vin Diesel
Tseng-jet lee
Elena-Brittany Murphy
Don Corneo-Rodney Dangerfield
Bugenhagen-hmmmmmmm
Shera-Sandra Bullock

more suggestions

reno-collin ferral
cait sith-alan cuming

Do not double-post. Please use the edit/delete button. ~ Leeza

§håd0w
08-23-2003, 10:05 PM
have u figgured out why mr t was only in a few movies. because he was a horrible actor. and dont double post. simply use the edit/delete button on the toolbar at the bottom of each post

18Darkdragon
08-24-2003, 07:35 PM
but if there was going to be a movie it was problay going to be bad becuase the bad hair and wierd costoms and the battles might not be that great

zacks_clone
08-24-2003, 08:38 PM
Vincent-Johnny Depp

There you go:love:

Pucca
08-25-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by maxi333
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[rant]What the hell give you the right to be so judging like that. not everybody in final fantasy has to be a american hollywood superstar grunt[/end rant]

Sorry bad day.

You tell em!!! Bah! [RAGE!!]:grr:

Johnny Depp for vincent! I can see it now. Hojo....hmn... my old physics teacher would do pretty good!!!

I can't decide on anyone for Sephiroth, but thats not to say they couldn't find a soft voiced, evil but good looking supervillain actor from out of the blue. Then again, they could use Alan Rickman!!!!!!(joking....)

Samuel L Jackson would be groovy to play Rude!!!!

Who could be inside Cait Sith?!? You forgot Cait Sith!!!! I would go inside it's costume!!!!!!:D I can see it now. I walk about while Kevin Spacey or someone else does Reeves voice. :love:

Leia
08-25-2003, 07:11 PM
Yeah! Yeah! Johnny Depp for Vincent! :love: Eh hem, who's the old physics teacher BTW? *laughing crazily at the idea of VH physics teachers as Hojo*

stealth_spider
08-29-2003, 07:12 AM
CHRISTIAN BALE FOR SEPHIROTH!! Just watch equlibrium for a taste of his black trenchcoat wearing, sword swinging and ass kicking abilities!

cloudstrife4490
09-06-2003, 07:22 AM
hojo:hugo weaving (the matrix)

PhoenixAsh
09-06-2003, 08:28 AM
Dunno about spellings for actors, and I haven't been in this thread for a while so I'll put a new list.

Cloud- David Borneaz (Angel)
Barret- Whoever played John Coffey from The Green Mile
Tifa- Katie Holmes
Aeris- Eliza Dushku
Cait Sith- Brad Pitt
Vincent-Sean Connery
Cid- Bruce Willis
Yuffie- Dunno, but I suspect whoever plays Cho Chang in HP will fit pretty well given she'll be the right age, race, and should be athletic and upbeat/emotional.
Sephiroth- James Marsters (Spike in Buffy)
President Shinra - Arnold Schwarzenneger
Rufus-Leonardo DiCaprio
Heidegger- The Professor from Sliders
Reeve- Pierce Brosnan
Palmer-Danny DeVito
Hojo-Hugo Weaving
Reno- Colin Farrel
Rude- Samuel L. Jackson
Tseng- Christian Bale
Elena- The Girl in Two Guys and a Girl.
Don Corneo- John Goodman
Bugenhagen- Mr. Miagi
Shera- Jodie Foster

Big D
09-06-2003, 11:47 AM
Vincent-Sean ConneryYou ARE kidding, right?

Heidegger- The Professor from Sliders
That would be John Rhys-Davies, also known for playing Gimli and voicing Fangorn in The Lord of the Rings. Perfect choice for Heidegger, I reckon. Or perhaps, for hilarity's sake, he could be played by the guy who played Heidegger in that Monty Python sketch featuring a soccer match between the great German and Greek philosophers?

Loony BoB
09-06-2003, 03:43 PM
Slightly revised.

Cloud: Val Kilmer / Ethan Hawke could probably pull it off, depending on how you imagined him to be, I guess.
Barret: Mr. T
Tifa: Jessica Alba / Angelina Jolie
Aeris: Alicia Silverstone with a perm.
Red XIII: Anyone. To be honest, I could imagine Red XIII voiced by Sean Connery or Hugh Grant and he'd still be cool.
Vincent: Johnny Depp / David Wenham
Cid: Dennis Leary.
Yuffie: Rikku. Oh, wait.
Cait Sith: Ooh! Whoever voiced Timon in the Lion King. xD That'd work. Or else Robin Williams, you can never go wrong with him.

Sephiroth: Tim Roth
President Shinra: Hugo Weaving
Rufus: Leonardo DiCaprio
Heidegger: John Rhys-Davies
Scarlet: Cate Blanchett
Palmer: Wayne Knight
Hojo: Can I say Johnny Depp again? There is this long haired glasses-wearing scientist dude from a few movies that seriously reminds me of Hojo, in almost every way. It's bugging me that I can't remember.
Rude: Samuel L. Jackson (although he might be a bit old for it, need a shiney headed bald guy).
Don Corneo: Danny Devito
Bugenhagen: Master Miagi from Karate Kid

PhoenixAsh
09-06-2003, 11:48 PM
Big D:

You ARE kidding, right?

I was thinking Sean Connery would need explaining, but I though I'd throw it in unexplained to see if it was noticed. Oh and welcome back D.

Okay they'd have to take liberties with the age, but only so far as not make the coffin work like stasis. But seriously, imagine Sean Connery with the cloak covering the bottom half of his face, a big metal claw, and wielding an old fashioned gun, plus with really long rough hair. Who else could pull that off without looking silly?

Thanks for the Proffessor help :).

So noone thinks Katie Holmes for Tifa and David Borneaz for Cloud?

I wanna comment on Bob's list, but I can't put a face to many of them, and while I think Sean Connery would be good for Red XIII it'd mean taking him off Vincent :(.

§håd0w
09-07-2003, 12:04 AM
If Connery played any one... then Cid would probably be the best person for him to act as.

Advent Child
09-07-2003, 02:06 AM
cloud needs an actor better-capable of playing a dark and blank role. orlando bloom wouldn't make a god cloud at all. I'd say johnny depp (think pirates of the carribean with lighter skin and spiked hair) or something.

And spehiroth needs to be MUCH more feminine than Hugh Jackman. I'm not sure who I'd cast as him but it would NOT be him.

And Sean Connery is gentlemanly person. Cid is a mechanic who smokes compulsively and swears.

PhoenixAsh
09-07-2003, 02:14 AM
cloud needs an actor better-capable of playing a dark and blank role. orlando bloom wouldn't make a god cloud at all. I'd say johnny depp (think pirates of the carribean with lighter skin and spiked hair) or something.

Exactly! David Borneaz!

And spehiroth needs to be MUCH more feminine than Hugh Jackman. I'm not sure who I'd cast as him but it would NOT be him.

Exactly! James Marsters!

And Sean Connery is gentlemanly person. Cid is a mechanic who smokes compulsively and swears.

Exactly! Connery for Vincent!
Exactly! Bruce Willis for Cid!

§håd0w
09-07-2003, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by lj

I was just referring to looks. Sean Connery would never be able to ANY of the FFVII characters. He doesn't have any of their personalities. Thats why I said if he played anyone... then Cid would probably look the best on him.

Freya Coral
09-08-2003, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Loony BoB
Hojo: Can I say Johnny Depp again? There is this long haired glasses-wearing scientist dude from a few movies that seriously reminds me of Hojo, in almost every way. It's bugging me that I can't remember.

Are you crazy? Johnny Depp is WAY too sexy to play Hojo! Either Hugo Weaving or Christopher Walken would be excellent as Hojo.

PhoenixAsh
09-08-2003, 08:02 AM
Who says Hojo is ugly? Didn't he get with Lucrecia over Vincent? I forget that part as I haven't played it in a long time.

Big D
09-08-2003, 08:26 AM
Vincent had a 'professional relationship' with Lucrecia, so he couldn't act on his feelings for her - he was too professional for that, so he suffered in melancholy silence. At least, that's my interpretation of it.

Hey... weren't you just lecturing me about unmarked spoilers?

*Fixes your post*

Hmm. VexKen suggested Keanu Reeves as Vincent; the more I think about it, the better that idea seems - the age and look of each guy is about the same. Pity he can't act, though.

Brad Dourif is good at playing madmen; with a bit of make-up, he'd do fine as Hojo. He's not very tall and walks with a bit of a hunch, so he'd be look the part. For those of you who don't know him... he plays Grima Wormtongue in The Lord of the Rings.... Wait, El Mariachi made this same suggestion five months ago!

For some reason, I think that James Marsden (Scott "Cyclops" Summers in X-Men) would be good as Biggs.

Zhang Ziyi, as previously mentioned, would still be perfect as Yuffie.

Hugh Jackman would make a great Cid, rather than Sephiroth or anyone else. He does "gruff and grizzled" so well.

Loony BoB
09-08-2003, 10:46 AM
I agree with your Hojo thing.

Anyone who thinks Cid should be played by anyone besides Dennis Leary needs to hear Dennis Leary's song, being 'Asshole'. Please note it is full of foul language and has offensive lyrics. >_> But he is SO Cid.

Big D
09-09-2003, 12:15 AM
Yeah, Leary would do fine.
James Cromwell would be OK, too.

Choco could be played by Big Bird :choc:

Sephiroth would still be tough to cast... the guy is tall and broad-shouldered, with a sinister voice (I assume) and oddly 'delicate' features. Hmm. I half-watched Mission Impossible last night (the movie, not the series) and one of the minor characters would've been perfect: I don't recall the name of the actor or the character, but I think he was a part of the arms-dealing consortium: a 'heavy' with long-ish blone hair. He had the near-perfect build and look to play Sephiroth.

PhoenixAsh
09-09-2003, 08:25 AM
Hey... weren't you just lecturing me about unmarked spoilers?

Actually I was just suggesting you may want to cover a major FFVI spoiler in an FFVII thread. We haven't discussed my feelings on minors spoilers in a three page thread about the same game :P.

Hugh Jackman would be great for Cid now I think of it.

I'm telling you James Marsters for Sephiroth! He has the look, and has done so many scenes that match Sephiroth it's crazy!

How have I never associated chocobos with Big Bird????

I still say Connery would make a credible Vincent, I don't think many others could.

§håd0w
09-09-2003, 11:43 PM
Even though Vincent is 50 in reality he's still only 22 physically. I just don't think Connery could pull it off. Maybe if it was all digital, he might. But we all know what happened last time Square did an all CG based movie.

EveningCross
09-10-2003, 03:30 AM
Johnny Depp as Vincent!!! Brilliant! He was Edward-frickin-scissor hands!! How could you NOT want him for that role?

And I do have to agree. I finally saw Kingdom Hearts about a month and a half ago when my little brother rented it and Lance Bass actually did a good job as the voice of Sephiroth. Of course, it was also funny watching my brother hit him and all to no avail. Anyway, sadly Lance Bass is too pudgy to play Sephiroth. It's just too much... extra flesh.

If you put a fake cat on his back he might make a good Cait Sith though.

And I might just have to rent Equilibrium to see what Christian Bale can do. It looks like a Matrix knock-off.
Outie.

Advent Child
09-10-2003, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by PhoenixAsh
Exactly! David Borneaz!
Exactly! James Marsters!
Exactly! Connery for Vincent!
Exactly! Bruce Willis for Cid!
you weren't the one I was contradicting. it was the thread starter.

and masamune1378495146235489127423745368453567 connery doesn'th ave the voice for it either. he really wouldn't have a place in the movie if they made one.

PhoenixAsh
09-10-2003, 07:51 AM
lj I know you weren't contradicting me, you just made descriptions that were easy for me to bounce my suggestions off.

I know Vincent is still young in the game, I was suggesting adjusting it to make it more credible as a movie. You know like Hugh Jackman doesn't where bright yellow lycra in X-Men.
Connery would be able to pull off the raised cloak, and giant claw, along with wielding an old fashioned rifle.

Big D
09-10-2003, 08:10 AM
You know like Hugh Jackman doesn't where bright yellow lycra in X-Men.

:cry:

DelightfulSpekkio442
09-12-2003, 04:37 PM
How about this?

CLOUD: Sean Ashmore (Iceman in X-Men)
AERIS: Keira Knightley (Elizabeth Swan in Pirates of the Carribean)
SEPHIROTH: Orlando Bloom (Legolas in The Lord of the Rings)
TIFA: Jennifer Garner (Elektra in Daredevil)
BARRET: Stanley Tucci (Some guy in The Core)
CID: Sean Astin (Sam in The Lord of the Rings)
VINCENT: Stuart Townsend (Dorian Grey in The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen)
RED XIII: Voiced by Alan Cumming (Nightcrawler in X2)
HOJO: Brad Dourif (Wormtongue in The Lord of the Rings)
BUGENHAGEN: Some old guy ;)

Also we have to think about budget. Think about how much would have to be cut out to make the movie around three hours (conventional these days for a sci-fi epic), is it realistic to cast Cate Blanchett as Scarlet or Jodi Foster as Shera? These people cost BIG BUCKS!!! I'm pretty sure I've listed the only roles that need to be filled by well-known actors. You might be able to get away with what they did in X2 with Kelly Hu and pick a somewhat minor role for a big name just to draw an audience, but that's not gonna work for more than one actor. Best to cast one of the Turks like that.

BTW I've started writing my own version of the screenplay, I've gotten to the meeting at 7th Heaven. I'll post it soon.

~MJE~

Lehteb
09-13-2003, 03:24 AM
i think that you would have to do a series in order to pull off this kinda game into a movie. probably at least 3 or 4 different movies, and even if each was 3 1/2 hours long, you would have to cut out so much. and side quests would be difficult to incorporate too, would they do everything? 10 hours of racing and breeding chocobos can get boring in a movie, but KotR would be worth seeing all everything. and then random monsters? would they only fight bosses? and weapons and armor and materia would get complicatied. i wont even go into limit breaks...

SeanFThomas
10-02-2003, 08:25 AM
Let me remind you all of something. We're all bickering and bantering about the technicalities of making the movie such as, "It would have to be a series!" "No way it could be a movie!" "Big actors cost a lot of money! Think of the budget!"
Um...damn it! Forget all of that stuff! I started this just to see who people thought would be good at playing the characters in the effing game! That's all! So it doesn't matter if the actors you choose are not known at all or the highest paid actors in Hollywood! It doesn't matter if it's a live action, in theaters, on DVD as a series, an anime, a CG, or anything! That's all! Just who do you think would play the parts well! That's the only question!
I mean yeah, we all have ideas about how it could possibly be made because honestly, any FF7 fan would LOVE to see a film version. But just don't think about it. Well I'm done venting my bad life on you all.

Freya Coral
10-02-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by SeanFThomas
Let me remind you all of something. We're all bickering and bantering about the technicalities of making the movie such as, "It would have to be a series!" "No way it could be a movie!" "Big actors cost a lot of money! Think of the budget!"
Um...damn it! Forget all of that stuff! I started this just to see who people thought would be good at playing the characters in the effing game! That's all! So it doesn't matter if the actors you choose are not known at all or the highest paid actors in Hollywood! It doesn't matter if it's a live action, in theaters, on DVD as a series, an anime, a CG, or anything! That's all! Just who do you think would play the parts well! That's the only question!
I mean yeah, we all have ideas about how it could possibly be made because honestly, any FF7 fan would LOVE to see a film version. But just don't think about it. Well I'm done venting my bad life on you all.

My point exactly! :cool: I thought this was a discussion as to what actors would be good at playing the characters, not the technicalities SeanFThomas listed. (My only thing is: If it were actually done, I would NOT want to see it as an anime!!!)

SeanFThomas
10-07-2003, 07:23 AM
Phew! For a minute there I lost myself. I mean...for a minute there, I thought people were gonna get pissed at me. All right.

Hey. I thought of someone who would be a pretty interesting Bugenhagen. How about Gene Wilder? Willy Wonka? Young Frankenstein? Eh? EH?

Strider
10-07-2003, 07:38 AM
I thought Gene Wilder had passed away. . . Maybe I'm thinking about someone else.

§håd0w
10-07-2003, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Advent Child
masamune1378495146235489127423745368453567 connery doesn'th ave the voice for it either. he really wouldn't have a place in the movie if they made one.

You can at least get my user name right. I was just going be sheer looks. I'm not stupid.