PDA

View Full Version : Signature Contest

Blizzard
04-16-2003, 01:38 PM
I was thinking, and I thought maybe we could have a Signature contest, you know, to appreciate all the wonderful sigs people make.

I am willing to run it and organise it etc. So, yeah. Post your comments.

*nod*

Loony BoB
04-16-2003, 01:41 PM
xD We really need to start up some kind of schedule for these things.

So long as you don't do at the start of June or the end of November (and beginning of December), it won't interrupt the Ciddies, and I'll be a happy chappy.

Blizzard
04-16-2003, 01:44 PM
Nifty.

So, if I get approval, Signature Contest is A'Ok?
I'm thinking somewhere around August/July. *huggles BoB*

Loony BoB
04-16-2003, 01:49 PM
It's not really for me to approve :p Wait and see what else other people have. But I doubt anyone has anything planned that far ahead, so I don't see why July would be so bad. I think one competition a month would be a good idea, though. The Triathlon, Elections and SN Compy all have run directly after each other, and it's not so great that way. We should serioiusly start scheduling these kind of things.

chadmonkey
04-16-2003, 04:50 PM
Can you put a size/length limit on the signatures to be reviewed? Or even on the site as a whole. It takes so much time to load when a signature is a screen long. And if you don't put a length/size limit on the sig's for at least the contest I'm afraid you'll get some seriously long signatures cluttering up the forums.

Squall X
04-16-2003, 05:01 PM
make it like in the summer or something

m4tt
04-16-2003, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by chadmonkey
Can you put a size/length limit on the signatures to be reviewed? Or even on the site as a whole. It takes so much time to load when a signature is a screen long. And if you don't put a length/size limit on the sig's for at least the contest I'm afraid you'll get some seriously long signatures cluttering up the forums.

The signature limit has been, and always will be:

http://kingd0rk.com/files/siglimit.jpg

I mean, it's right there next to where you edit your signature. It's not that hard to see. >_>

Yamaneko
04-16-2003, 07:46 PM
I never got my trophy for winning funniest sig last time.:(

Summer is good. :)

Del Murder
04-16-2003, 11:00 PM
RQ usually does this but she doesn't come around anymore.

*best sig*

eestlinc
04-16-2003, 11:20 PM
don't we already give a ciddy for best signature?

Del Murder
04-16-2003, 11:30 PM
These have more categories like funniest sig, best picture, etc...

Shlup
04-17-2003, 12:06 AM
Mister/Miss EoFF is set for July, and Red Wizard will likely run the Murder Mystery in August. Since the Muder Mysetery is more of a game then a contest and usually goes fairly promptly, you may be able to fit it in in August but you'd have to talk to Red about that.

Blizzard
04-17-2003, 12:33 AM
Yes, like Del said, we could have different catagories like Funniest Sig & Most organised etc. Could I get some help on thinking up catagories?

Shlup: Alright, I'll talk to Red about it, if he declines then maybe September/October?

Shlup
04-17-2003, 01:17 AM
Septeber/October's fine by me and, apparently, BoB.

Blizzard
06-06-2003, 09:47 AM
Hmm, sorry to bring back the thread, but I've been thinking, Maybe include a Avatar sub category, for those like Shlup - nice avatar, no sig.

Oh yeah, I've been super-lazy in the last few months, so I'm going to hopefully get ahold of Red and talk to him about it tonight.

(wtf it sucks how I won't be able to participate though. <i>Or will I?</i> :shifty: )

Red Wizard
06-06-2003, 06:30 PM
No need to go through and contact me privately, as I don't think the Murder Mystery is too much of a big thing, anyways. It only involves PMs at the start, after that it's just me posting clues and everyone else trying to put the pieces together. You have my "permission" to run your contest then.

Agent Proto
06-08-2003, 01:33 PM
Well, since everyone's going on about contests, I'll just have the last screen name tournament I did be my final, unless you want want one last screen name tourney.

Queen Award, First of Her Name
06-08-2003, 01:34 PM
They're fine, pr00t, just don't do them three times a year anymore? xP

Blizzard
08-11-2003, 11:02 AM
Wholly Crap, I revived the thread again.

Okay, I've thought up some categories, and I might add more sooner, I dunno.

<center>Signature Categories
Best Overall
The Basic Award
Most Amusing
Highly Creative
Oddball Award
The Excellent Detail Award*1
Cutest
Eye Opening (Could be merged with Highly Creative, but I dunno)
Artistic Award
The 'WTF' Award*2
The Overkill Award (Sig with a theme that has been used many many times before)
Neatest Award
Most High-Tech*3
Most Gothic
Most 'Teenie-Bopperish'
Most Futuristic (Not to be mixed up with High-Tech)

The same as the sig one. xD</center>

I can and probably will think of more to go with this list, and it's open to member suggestions and stuff. So PM/IM me with ideas/critique.

*1 Excellent detailed means, you know, non choppy picture borders, etc etc.
*2 Pretty self explanatory, a sig that raises your eyebrows.
*3 High Tech is like, you know, lots of lines and weird gizmos.

Citizen Bleys
08-11-2003, 03:07 PM
I don't think it hurts to have more than one event going on at once. I think that we get enough people wanting to do events that it's worth doing multiple events at once. It's not like we're going to go 6 boring months with no events and then all the sudden all hell breaks loose. There will *always* be something going on.

PhoenixAsh
08-11-2003, 09:05 PM
What's the difference between Best Overall and The Basic Award?
I guess The Basic Award could mean the best use of like one line of text or something, but that doesn't leave much option that I can think of.

Shlup
08-11-2003, 11:53 PM
I'mma open the Photo Album up to submissions like today or something, then if my inbox doesn't get too flooded I'm going to start Mister/Miss EoFF (horribly late, I might add). Signature contest can go first though, if you're ready Blizzard.

You need to think about how you're going to display the signatures so people can view them easily though. RQ always made a seperate web page with the signatures on it so we could see them all, since no one's nuts enough to look at each members signature.

But tell me how close you are to ready and we'll see which one of us goes first.

Blizzard
08-12-2003, 08:48 AM
I'm probably going to do it how RQ did it, since it seems the easiest way to do it. ;-)

I'm pretty much ready Shlup, so I might start it tonight/tomorrow.

Citizen Bleys
08-12-2003, 02:55 PM
Ah, I forgot about Mr/Miss EoFF.

I might have to try something like that at AO :P

Shlup
08-12-2003, 10:22 PM
I thought you tried it right after I did it the first time, Bleys? Or did my instructions scare you? :)

Go ahead with it whenever you want, Blizzard.

Citizen Bleys
08-13-2003, 02:01 AM
That was AnimeGlobe :)

I think it would be more fun at AO, because it's more active and...erm...it's not a complete, staffless spam brothel.