PDA

View Full Version : Rinoa In My Opinion (SPOILERS!!!)

Rye
04-16-2003, 09:24 PM
I'm not sure but I don't think many people like Rinoa for some reason. I think she is awesome! Also...

1) Shes a hero (heroine really)! For all the times Squall saved her, she saved him too. She saved him from living a sad, scared life. She taught him that he was missing all the good things in life.

2) She was an awesome Main Girl Character! I mean she was really perky, but nice and caring too. She cared about all the other people, and believed in whats right. She was also very pretty, even though she wasn't royalty. And she didn't need pretty clothes or money to prove that. She is very down to earth.

It's not really right to compare, but Garnet/Dagger was not my favorite character. She cared mostly about her life, and used others. And she was mean to poor Zidane in the first 2 discs!!!!!

3) She could express her feelings. She'd tell everyone how she felt, and try to get other people to tell their feelings as well.

Well thats what I thought. Her and Yuna were my favorite characters!

Dazlar Bynon
04-16-2003, 09:42 PM
To be honest I'd rather be able to create 'my own romance' in a game, I mean be able to start one with different characters for instance. I'd have Squall have a romance with selphie myself (What would that look like???) ;)

This would decrease the quality of the game however, or increase the size a lot. :greenie:

But Rinoa is a person to 'LOVE' while Selphie is better to hang out with. This complicates things, I guess. :p

It's not that I dislike Rinoa, it's just that...
:love: SELPHI TILMETT RULEZ! :love:

Rye
04-16-2003, 09:46 PM
Lol. I Like Rinoa a lil more but Selphie is cool! BOOYAKA! I love her diary.

Lol Aa relationship with selphie and squall would be funny and cool. Man... Irvine would be mad though! He liked her since his childhood!

As long as it's not Quistis! (I don't like her!)

Dazlar Bynon
04-16-2003, 10:08 PM
Irvine hit on Selphie, Rinoa and Quistis. I Don't like Quistis either, nor do I like Irvine, so why couldn't they be a couple? Rinoa had Seifer! Zell has his pig-tailed-girl...
Everyone would be happy! :love:

I always forget to read Selphie's diary... so I can only guess how they survived the self-destruct... Don't tell me how, I want to read the diary myself. ;)

;) There... TEE-HEE I'm fine ;)

Rye
04-16-2003, 10:11 PM
Lol at the end of the game, you see zell and the pig-tail girl admiring him. I kinda liked Irvine, but I HATE quistis

*HIDES FROM TREPIES*

Erdrick Holmes
04-16-2003, 11:29 PM
Rinoa's pretty cool, her weapons are pure evil too. She's kinda good lookin' too.

ThE dArK oNe
04-16-2003, 11:34 PM
Rinoa is very admirable in so many ways. I like how she is the one who wants to understand Squall the most, as she is one of the few people who really consider that Squall is "really, really more than meets the eye". Quistis just observes him and sees him through his actions.

Rye
04-16-2003, 11:50 PM
Yeah.. She could see through and see a person. ^.^

I wish there was a sequal to FFVIII or atleast an aftermath to see how rinoa and squall are doing... like maybe a year or two after.

ThE dArK oNe
04-17-2003, 02:44 AM
I wish there was a sequal to FFVIII or atleast an aftermath to see how rinoa and squall are doing... like maybe a year or two after.

I agree.

Imperia
04-17-2003, 03:31 AM
The good qualities that you mentioned about Rinoa are very accurate, but I, in my opinion, still don't think Rinoa is a great heroine. I just can't stand characters (female characters especially) who constantly have to be rescued and always have to be so dependent on others like they're little children. I don't like damsels-in-distress. Rinoa was just a big disappointment to me, but if you like her, that's allright. I respect your opinion.;)

S2Knight.F
04-17-2003, 03:43 AM
first thing first, i have to admit Rinoa is a pure and sensitive girl, she is so lovely that make everyone wanna hold her in arm.
nonetheless, we cant omit Quistis's feeling, Quistis is more rational and mature than Rinoa, if u took her position into ur consideration, u will find how painful she ever experienced: lost job of seed instructor, wanna share her affliction with beloved man,squall, but only she got was the unconcern from squall, etc. She loves her career but also bears huge burdens; she quit when she found Rinoa went into Squall's heart gradually.
Rinoa is a heroine, Quistis is a heroine too. She is attractive, she has so many fans in Balamb Garden, she also has many fans in reality, like me. all in all, i'd say both Rinoa and Quistis are the most successful characters in FF series.

:)

Dazlar Bynon
04-17-2003, 04:53 AM
I still like Selphie best, she's good but she's evil as well. The evil side comes out and play enough, especially when in conversation, her actions are good but the remarks she always makes show her evil side.
I don't know if you ever heard of 'Sam & Max'... Well she would be Max, an overly aggressive bunny, turning cats inside out and stuff.

TRAIN TRAIN, TAKE US AWAY... :tongue:

But Rinoa is almost equally liked by me!

Dazlar Bynon
04-17-2003, 05:13 AM
If Laguna didn't like Julia who knows... Rinoa might never have been born in the first place, neither would Squall. Because Laguna talked to Julia, he was sent off to war again, got lost, arrived at the Lunatic Pandore and so met Raine. No Laguna and Raine means no Squall. Julia missed Laguna and eventually gave up and married general Carraway. I don't know how this would be diffent in the above mentioned event. But if Rinoa is much like her mother, I think she is, that would explain Squall and Rinoa being together.
:love: Like father like son and like mother like daughter! :love:

S2Knight.F
04-17-2003, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by Dazlar Bynon
If Laguna didn't like Julia who knows... Rinoa might never have been born in the first place, neither would Squall. Because Laguna talked to Julia, he was sent off to war again, got lost, arrived at the Lunatic Pandore and so met Raine. No Laguna and Raine means no Squall. Julia missed Laguna and eventually gave up and married general Carraway.......

a miserable, romantic, devious, and fantastic love story:cry: :cry: :cry:

Rye
04-17-2003, 02:48 PM
a miserable, romantic, devious, and fantastic love story

Yup! That game made me cry and smile at the same time, it was so good!

I still like Selphie best, she's good but she's evil as well... TRAIN TRAIN, TAKE US AWAY...

BOOYAKA! ^.^ Yeah I liked her "Blow it with a Missle Launcher!"

Psychotic
04-17-2003, 06:40 PM
Rinoa = Hellspawn
Selphie = funny.

"I like trains" and the classic "Train train take us away" I can just hear Squall saying "...wtf!?"

Dazlar Bynon
04-17-2003, 06:48 PM
Look back @ my post from 04-17-2003 05:53 AM and 06:13 AM

THERE... TEE-HEE I'M FINE

Rye
04-17-2003, 07:22 PM
... I can just hear Squall saying "...wtf!?"

Or Whatever ^.^

IamTidus
04-17-2003, 11:13 PM
Rinoa in my opinon is Ultimacia. Yeah I think so.

(Runs and hides from various people)

Rye
04-18-2003, 12:16 AM
Though I don't like the Idea, it is sorta obvious. I think Ultimicia is the rinoa that either:

1. Never met Squall.

Or

2. Is heart broken, because Squall died someway.

It's sorta obvious, because her castle is in their meeting place, she said some man hurt her in her life, and she wants time compression. In time compression, time stays still. I remember Rinoa wanting time to stay still, so she could stay with squall.

Like I said I hate the Idea so I try to think of Rinoa being helped by Odine to get her socceress powers taken away, than living with Squall (happily ever after! :love: )

ThE dArK oNe
04-18-2003, 03:51 AM
U=R theory... Stop it! Haahahha....

Spatvark
04-18-2003, 04:47 AM
Personally, they all pissed me off and I wanted them to all die. The only characters I liked in the game were Seifer, Fujin, Raijin and Edea. The rest just plain sucked.

Rinoa was so irritating; a constant state of flux between being angsty and annoying chirpy, constantly in need of being rescued, no common sense whatsoever... I mean jeez! What the crap is the world coming to when SHE qualifies as a heroine! *shudders*

ThE dArK oNe
04-18-2003, 04:53 AM
Take a deep breath Purgatory... j/k
I see what u mean though. I still like Rinoa though. -__-

Rye
04-18-2003, 01:29 PM
I know she was rescued alot. I thought it added to the game though. I liked her ^.^

Dazlar Bynon
04-18-2003, 01:40 PM
Needing to recue the same person all the time NEVER improves a game it only makes it more annoying - but then again that's Rinoa for ya - and it keeps you from your goal being a few steps behind your goal would make it better, especially if you could skip a few youself and get it over with earlier but more difficult - you would first have to play so you can know where to go though!
I must say that this would take a long time to write because the danger is that you keep running after your target for too long and the game gets annoying itself.

Rye
04-18-2003, 01:44 PM
I don't think that rescuing Rinoa was bad. Now in Mario Brothers where you like have to go ino every castle to find the princess, thats bad!!

LovesRinoa
04-18-2003, 10:55 PM
Ahh yes, a post based on probably my favorite FF character, hence my handle. I see nothing wrong with having to rescue a women in distress. What do you want it the other way around? Thats how things are, we guys rescue you ladies. I guess purgatory wanted her to dress in leather and have a few tatoos and have every orifice peirced, and walk like man.?? ;)

Rinoa is strong in her own way, strong enough to rescue Squall when Time Kompression started. She has a big heart and a strong will. And she funny! I was playing last night and I am at the point where you split into two groups and try to snipe edea. Well when Rinoa is sitting on the floor in caraways mansion, after everyone leaves. Her dad comes back and trys to talk to her and she just lifts her arm and waves her hand, kinda like saying "Talk to the hand!" She did that twice. I was laughing my ass off. Her dad just walks away.

I also like Selphie tho. Shes spunky, very cute, very funny. I think if she had a bigger role that she may of been my favorite.

But my wallpaper on my pc is rinoa, i have wall scrolls on my wall of her.. yeh shes my fav.:love:

Rye
04-18-2003, 10:59 PM
Rinoa is strong in her own way

Yeah! She risked her life to try to trick Edea with Odine's Amulet.

Her dad comes back and trys to talk to her and she just lifts her arm and waves her hand, kinda like saying "Talk to the hand!" She did that twice. I was laughing my ass off. Her dad just walks away.

Lol! I loved that!

But my wallpaper on my pc is rinoa, i have wall scrolls on my wall of her.. yeh shes my fav

Where did you get the wallscrolls!? I got one of Yuna performing the sending on my wall, now I want one of Rinoa! ^.^

LovesRinoa
04-18-2003, 11:02 PM
Heres one I have

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3219419532&category=13667

GO GRAB IT!!!

Rye
04-18-2003, 11:07 PM
Thanks! ^.^

BTW (kinda off topic) you should join the Rinoa clique, if have on the bottom of my sig.

LovesRinoa
04-18-2003, 11:11 PM
I have. Maybe a week or two ago. Kinda hard to find my name tho. Plus, i didnt see anything on the site except for a listing of members. What are we members of?? LOL

Hey check this site out, tuns of Rinoa stuff.

http://rinoa.nu/rinoa/

The navigation links are across her chest. Lots of images and stuff. Plus it was from that site that I signed up for that rinoa clique

Thanks tidus, u are right

IamTidus
04-18-2003, 11:46 PM
Thanks for the Rinoa link. It's some good stuff. But please don't double post. Use the edit/delete icon at the bottom of your post. I don't raelly mind it so much but there are those who go a little crazy when they see that.

PhoenixAsh
04-19-2003, 12:17 AM
I liked Rinoa, she's one of the few recent characters that have had no bad qualities in my eyes. In VIII only really Rinoa and Zell managed this for me, and since then off the top of my head, Vivi, Auron and Lulu.
Although I really don't like the idea of messing with the characters in VIII because I liked them and they've got to a really happy place by the end, I like R=U because it adds a very lacking dark side to the story, it also makes the characters more realistic.
So in conclusion, like Rinoa, want her happy, but would like the plot more if she lost her love and became a twisted evil monster.

Rye
04-19-2003, 12:25 AM
I liked Rinoa, she's one of the few recent characters that have had no bad qualities in my eyes. In VIII only really Rinoa and Zell managed this for me, and since then off the top of my head, Vivi, Auron and Lulu.

I think Vivi, Auron, and Rinoa were good characters too.

So in conclusion, like Rinoa, want her happy, but would like the plot more if she lost her love and became a twisted evil monster

I agree with what you said there, except for her losing her love. It would make a good sequal, if she is starting to succumb to the socceress powers, and Squall and the gang have to save her ^.^

Dazlar Bynon
04-19-2003, 08:49 AM
Better yet... have to kill her and Squall would be devastated! That would be good
- She's saved enough allready, that would be a clichè -

Rye
04-19-2003, 01:35 PM
Wah! I don't think Squall needs anymore trauma. Besides that's kinda like FFX-2, like Yuna finding Tidus. Maybe Esthar kidnaps Rinoa! @.@ because Laguna is no longer in controll.

Dazlar Bynon
04-19-2003, 01:44 PM
Squall & Rinoa -> Daughter with a psycho/split personality as main character. External threat: invasion from an alternate reality. She first fights them, later joins and is eventaully stopped in end movie!

Sephiiroth
07-08-2003, 08:28 PM
better yet how bout this (i know im posting really really late but o well) rinoa turns evil and they have to kill her and squall sides with rinoa! and he'll b her knight!!hows that sound?????