PDA

View Full Version : Influential options

Dazlar Bynon
04-17-2003, 02:13 PM
There are moment's in the game where you must choose what to say, is some cases this results into something during gameplay, this does not have to happen at that moment. :mad:

If you play the game once you may not notice any of them :tongue:

You will have to fight a ruby dragon with Laguna once, Kiros will join you and Ward may join you. I don't know what I did to deserve him, but I would like to know (if they are both there they are both hired to play the dragon, otherwise only kiros is)

This may be the cause!
Inside the galbadian prison (beginning disc 2) when squall is tortured, you must make a choice (lie or say nothing, accept the fact you're dead) the first 2 times I played I lied (boring). The third time I accepted my faith, just to see wath would happen, This was the far better deal with 'plenty o' Moombas'. :rabite:

Post any decisions that mean and the results please, THANX

Cyan_Lightning
04-17-2003, 02:32 PM
I believe Ward's appearance is dependant on the Timber Maniacs you collect. If you enter Selphie's page concerning Laguna, you'll find explanations of all the Timber Maniacs articles you've collected. One shows a picture of the area in which you fight the Ruby Dragon. In her notes Selphie says that she can't see Ward. This is the key, I think. If you view this article prior to the sequence, then you will not have Ward - if you don't view it at all then Ward will appear, though when you look at the article post event, only Laguna and Kiros will be in the picture.

I think this is the reason, though if anyone else has spotted something different, please correct me.

Dazlar Bynon
04-18-2003, 06:56 AM
You'll have to assign musical instruments to Selphie, Irvine, Zell and Quistis. I can always find the best instruments, but they never like it. Is there a way for them to like it anyway? Maybe everyone should have a specific instrument?

Big D
04-18-2003, 09:17 AM
Spoilers!

If you choose the right instruments, then Rinoa will like the music, and her conversation with Squall will be longer. And sweeter, in my opinion.

There are two pieces of music in the jumbled-up scores: a jazzy version of 'Eyes On Me' and a jig which you may hear later at the Shumi village. The jig is the 'correct' piece. You'll need to select the violin, guitar, flute and tap. It doesn't matter who has what, as long as you choose the correct instruments.

Good luck!

Dazlar Bynon
04-18-2003, 10:19 AM
I must've had the jazzy version of 'Eyes On Me' - I think I had the Guitar, the Electrical Guitar, the Bass Guitar and the Piano - sounded good to me, that's for sure!

Good to know how it works then. :tongue:

Kimera 726
04-18-2003, 11:06 AM
Ward appearing in the fourth laguna sequence is dependent on which version of FF8 you have? International or American, I believe.

I like a lot of the things that you get to choose in FF8 when you play Squall because most of them reflect his cold attitude:

"Leave me alone"
"...whatever."
"Get it over with. Fight her now."

It's kinda cute actually.

Dazlar Bynon
04-18-2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Kimera 726
Ward appearing in the fourth laguna sequence is dependent on which version of FF8 you have? International or American, I believe.

No, I don't think so, I have only one version and both with and without Ward occured.
I don't really know about the Timber Maniacs I never looked at 'em in Selphie's screen (if it's possible), don't you read them when you pick them up? "....................... You finished reading it". btw I have the PC version, maybe that's different?

Rye
04-18-2003, 01:31 PM
O-O-O! Can you tell me what Rinoa says durin the jig song!? I always pick the jazz :(

Big D
04-19-2003, 12:33 AM
You should see for your self:) .... I can assure you, it's worth it!

:love:

Rye
04-19-2003, 12:36 AM
Yeah I will... eventually. I just rushed through the second disc so I could get to the ragnorok scene @.@ (I love it though!)

Dazlar Bynon
04-19-2003, 08:59 AM
We don't wan't major-spoilers here... Let's assume we all played it before, but had not found all the best choices. We may want to know what we could have done differently to make is more enjoyable, OK?

When I say we I mean the people that read these posts.

I always join the Festival Commite when I talk to Selphie, but I don't know what the result is or isn't.

Big D
04-19-2003, 10:05 AM
Joining the festival committee (and giving Selphie a guided tour of Balamb Garden) simply affects what she'll say to Squall at the ball, nothing more. I think...

sub~zero
04-19-2003, 10:44 AM
What about the first time you go into the past as laguna and you find that old key he keeps dropping.
Does that have to do with anything?

Big D
04-19-2003, 10:51 AM
Spoilers!

If you find and drop both old keys, as well as shifting the rocks in the excavation site, you can access some nifty stuff later on, since the excavation site is actually the Lunatic Pandora lying on its side.

Dazlar Bynon
04-19-2003, 12:00 PM
WARNING: Could be seen as spoilers!

About the Lunatic Pandora, there are 3 'doors' but I can only open 2 (clicking sound) this is what Big D was talking about. The first one won't open! I guess it can't or can it? I don't know about those keys, you might need to try to pick them up them to open the 'doors'!

Lunatic - Crazy, Insane (or something like that)
Pandora - Refers to Pandora's Box - MYTH - Pandora received a box, but when the box was opened it couldn't be closed (or something like that) - MEANING - If you know the truth you will keep it, so be carefull what you ask for!

He aren't we looking for answers as well... Crazy/Insane Answers/Truth ???

:alien: BE CAREFULL WHAT YOU ASK FOR :alien:

Big D
04-19-2003, 12:03 PM
'Lunatic' comes from the word (old French or Latin, or both) for the moon. Insanity used to be attributed to the moon, for some reason. Interesting 'double meaning' in 'Lunatic Pandora'.

Dazlar Bynon
04-19-2003, 12:24 PM
Once again you correct me, but that's OK. I should've seen it comming, but I'm not thinking too clearly.
And 'Lunatic' comes from 'Luna' whitch means 'moon' so I'm not really wrong, now am I. And all european languages have the same origin Latin if you go back far enough. And american is too, since it originates from europe (you often hear 'gesundheit' in series whitch, as you probably know, is German).

However in FFVIII mosters fall from the moon, so the translation could also be 'Answer/Truth from the moon'.

PhoenixAsh
04-19-2003, 01:59 PM
Alright does anyone know how the choices you make for directing the Garden against Galbadia affect you? This has always bugged me, espescially given Squall always seems to criticise his descisions later on.

Rye
04-19-2003, 02:06 PM
No they don't affect anything. If you don't do enoguh Nida will say them for you, and if you put too many Nida will scold after the accouncments. I always get scolded because I love the Hot Dog comment. ^.^

Dazlar Bynon
04-19-2003, 04:56 PM
There must be a best choice... Squall always says something about attacking directly later, but I don't know what the best choices are. Maybe it really doesn't matter, but I don't believe that,
YA KNOW!

Big D
04-20-2003, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by Dazlar Bynon
Once again you correct me, but that's OK. I should've seen it comming, but I'm not thinking too clearly.
And 'Lunatic' comes from 'Luna' whitch means 'moon' so I'm not really wrong, now am I. And all european languages have the same origin Latin if you go back far enough. And american is too, since it originates from europe (you often hear 'gesundheit' in series whitch, as you probably know, is German).

However in FFVIII mosters fall from the moon, so the translation could also be 'Answer/Truth from the moon'.
Oh, I wasn't trying to correct or contradict you; I was just adding a little bit extra to your already clear and informative explanation.:)