PDA

View Full Version : The Festival of the Hunt

Rude
04-17-2003, 05:23 PM
Ok, I've just recently beat the game and now I am going through and trying to complete all side quests and find everything that I have missed.

My question is which character is best to have win the festival of the hunt. The first time through Freya won it, and now I'd like to see Zidane or Vivi win. Does something special happen if either one of the win it besides Zidane winning Gil and Vivi winning the theatre ship card?

chadmonkey
04-17-2003, 05:26 PM
What does Freya win?

Rude
04-17-2003, 05:41 PM
Some sort of accessory... it is nothing rare.

m4tt
04-17-2003, 06:48 PM
I've always won with Zidane, I have never seen Vivi win.

Freya came in a close second once, but that's it. So I'd say Zidane is best to win, free money is always good. :D~

Kimera 726
04-17-2003, 11:55 PM
Freya gets a Coral Ring if she wins, and that will help teach some abilities, and Lancer, one of Freya's ablities to decrease HP and MP. IMO it's as strong as Jump but without the extra delay.

Zidane wins 5000 gil, and consider the fact that the Coral Ring takes about 1000 less gil to synthesize (believe me, I calculated it), you'd get more bang for your buck if Zidane wins.

Vivi wins a card. Absolutely worthless since you can get the card later in the game.

Phil
04-17-2003, 11:56 PM
freya wins the coral ring, ziddy wins 5000 gil, and vivi wins the ark card. i prefer vivi to win because 5000 gil you can win in a battle and the coral ring you can steal or buy in about one more hour of gameplay.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-18-2003, 12:00 AM
If Freya doesn't win the Hunt, you can't get a Coral Ring until Dagger and Steiner reach Treno, by which point, of course, Freya's out of the picture. So, you'd have to wait a lot longer to have her learn Lancer, which is often very useful at that point in the game.

Rye
04-18-2003, 01:51 AM
If Zidane wins, later in the game he'll mention the date he never got when he wants to cheer Dagger up because Alexandria was destroyed. She loses her voice so she can't say yes.

the blitzer
04-18-2003, 05:30 PM
I ALWAYS MAKE FREYA WIN AS THE CORAL RING ABSORBS THUNDER WHICH IS USEFUL AGANIST BEATRICE. A CARD IS POINTLESS UNLESS YOUR ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE WHO REALLY LIKES THE CARD GAME. BUT THEIR ARE OTHER WAYS OF GETING IT. 5000GIL IS OKAY IF YOUR DESPERATE TO BUY SOMETHING.

Kimera 726
04-18-2003, 10:17 PM
http://www.raceworx.com/funnypics/capslock.gif

Rye
04-18-2003, 10:50 PM
*Rofl*! Where did you get that thing?

ChibiInuYasha
04-19-2003, 08:41 PM
My thoughts exactly Kimera 726...hahahahahaaaa :cool:

Rye
04-19-2003, 10:13 PM
Lol! really...

Kimera 726
04-20-2003, 12:29 AM
I have my sources. Back on topic!

Rye
04-20-2003, 12:38 AM
Right! The easiest way to win the Festivel of Hunt is to skip most of the monsters in the theatre district except the wolf at the end of it, go to the industrial district kill most of the monsters there (only the good ones ^.^), than go to business district kill some monsters than find Zagnol.

He's not hard as long as you have beast killer equipped to you, and you watch your HP. Than you get 100 points and, basically you win unless the other people have 200 points or something (that doesn't happen ;) )

Kimera 726
04-20-2003, 12:45 AM
I remember beating the festival coming out first by at least having the mythril dagger or the butterfly sword at lvl 6-8. Then you're all set. When you're sent to the theater district, fight the mu and bird in the first screen, fight the bird in the second screen (where your hideout is), and the wolf on the third screen.

Then rush back to the airbus and head to the shopping region (you should have spent about 4 min in the Theater District). Fight the mu and the bird in the place where you can enter the inn, fight the wolf on the left and head to the northwest. Fight the bird and the mu there, and head back. Help Vivi by killing the wolf, then head o the northeast. With Freya on your side, kill the beast but make sure Zidane makes the final blow. For it it would have to be 4 shots for Zidane, 2 jumps for Freya with Zidane's 4th blow the last.

Then head to the industrial area (you should have about 2 minutes left) and hit as much as you can. I'm not sure but once you defeat the beast, there's nobody that can stop you from winning.