PDA

View Full Version : FF8 IS EASY

the blitzer
04-18-2003, 05:23 PM
MOST OF THE OPPENTS ON FF8 CAN'T DEFEAT MY PARTY. THE ONLY HARD GUY IS THE SERCET BOSS OMEGA WEAPON BUT I HAVE MANGED TO BEAT HIM. TELL ME IF YOU HAVE TO.

Prodigy
04-18-2003, 06:04 PM
Yes it is easy. Probably the easiest final fantasy, except 6 which was laughable.

Omega is fairly easy. I beat him without the use of any invincible items but that's only because zell/squall have stupidly powerful limit breaks.

Their damage ratios are the best in any FF.

Psychotic
04-18-2003, 06:32 PM
Let us not forget number 10, that was easy also. When I replayed FF8, I got to disc 4(easily, I might add), before realising that I couldn't go back onto the world map, and there was a lot of GFs that I needed. I restarted, and absolutely breezed past the entire thing, and both times, I didn't get a Game Over once! It's Laughable really...

MagicKnight Locke
04-18-2003, 08:14 PM
ff8 was easy and so what?FF7 was much easier

Prodigy
04-18-2003, 08:42 PM
Although I can beat Ruby/Emerald with about 2 button presses I would definately say that Ruby is harder than Omega and final Sephiroth was tougher than Ultimecia.

I'm convinced that 8 is a lot easier than 7 was.

Erdrick Holmes
04-18-2003, 09:48 PM
It was easy the first time because if I die on a boss fight I stratgize and try again.

I'm still having a hard time finding Dragon Skin now that I'm playing it again to get anything I missed.

final Sephiroth was tougher than Emerald.

Are you kidding, I summoned Knits of the Round once and killed him from the begining of the fight.

Prodigy
04-18-2003, 10:54 PM
Whoops. That meant to say Ultimecia instead of Emerald.

Big D
04-19-2003, 02:14 AM
For me, every FF was difficult to complete the first time (except for IV and VI... but I didn't play the 16-bit games until after their PS counterparts), but as with all things, practice makes perfect. Now, I can breeze through VII, VIII and IX without really trying. FFVIII's junction and level systems make it easy to become insanely powerful very early on, if you know how.

Squall X
04-19-2003, 04:51 AM
what, i found ff8 one of the hardest ff's

Dazlar Bynon
04-19-2003, 08:35 AM
FFVIII is easy if you know what to do I just started almost a week ago (I don't play too much) I'm still carding mosters for AP,and playing cards before I do the exam, Ifrit, Quezacotl and Shiva will all have the Elem-Atk and Elem-Def X2. I Play cards as well and use my abilities for Items and Magic (Squall has allready have 100 Tornadoes)

Junction 4-ever

Psychotic
04-19-2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by locke lionheart
ff8 was easy and so what?FF7 was much easier

You HAD to bring FF7 into this didn't you.

I found quite a few of the bosses in FF7 hard, and I had to start again on numerous occasions because I just wasn't good enough for the boss I had sved next to. But of course, that was my first RPG and although I don't have that problem these days, I still end up looking at the game over screen sometimes.

But FF8's main problem in terms of difficulty was lack of Hardbosses. The puzzles were fiendish, but the bosses were just another battle, rather than something blocking the way. Of course, I did step up a gear when fighting bosses, by using summons and the like, but I do this on every FF, so I don't really think it is that. But seriously, after the restart I had no Character KO's whatsoever, and I did hardly any junction building. I think the main cause of the difficulty is the power of the GFs, and they should have been toned down, like the ones in FFIX which weren't all powerful, and therefore I had to find another way to beat bosses, rather than just let rip with things like Cactuar. It was good that Cactuar was hidden, because people like me that deliberately don't level can easily exploit it to anhilate things. This is juts one example of exploitation in FF8.

Oh and Prodigy "Although I can beat Ruby/Emerald with about 2 button presses" That's actually impossible, the maximum amount of damage you could do with two button presses is 9999 being that you could only select attack and the target. Emerald has 1,000,000 HP and Ruby has 500,000 HP. So no, I don't think they are defeatable in two button presses somehow.

Dazlar Bynon
04-19-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Psychotic
Oh and Prodigy "Although I can beat Ruby/Emerald with about 2 button presses" That's actually impossible, the maximum amount of damage you could do with two button presses is 9999 being that you could only select attack and the target. Emerald has 1,000,000 HP and Ruby has 500,000 HP. So no, I don't think they are defeatable in two button presses somehow.

I agree, but note that - at least whit the PC version - you can hold down X, but that does not count as one button press to me. Not even with a single limit break whitch takes 3 presses [right - X - X] you can defeat someone that powerfull.

Master.Pug
04-19-2003, 12:17 PM
since FF6(including FF6), all FFs were incredibly easy!

Prodigy
04-19-2003, 10:47 PM

Want to know how?

This is my strategy, there are probably others and many people might have thought this up but I devised it myself so give me some credit.

Oh and by 2 button presses I meant 2 moves of course.

Make sure you magic is max on all characters. HP max of course. Everyone has final attack mime. Everyone has counter with mine. First person w-summons KOTR. KOTR is of course tied with HP absorb.

This means that the first w-summon does 26 x 9999 damage. That's over 1/4 of the health of emerald. You also get all your HP back. If he hits you - you retaliate with another 26x9999 damage because your counter attack is mime. If he somehow kills a party member - whoops, there goes another 26x9999 damage.

Therefore all you have to do is use w-summon KOTR once and you've defeated either weapon unless you're very unlucky.