PDA

View Full Version : is chrono trigger/cross one of the final fantasy games?

radical dreamer
04-18-2003, 07:30 PM
hi, i'm here with kinda silly question. my friends say that chrono trigger and cross aren't final fantasy games. but why is chrono trigger in final fantasy chronicles? and why are the chrono games on every final fantasy site, and vagrant story isn't?

can somebody now please answer the question: are the chrono games part of the final fantasy serie, or are they just other rpg's from square?

Bahamut2000X
04-18-2003, 07:34 PM
why is chrono trigger in final fantasy chronicles?

Because Square needed to re release 2 remakes at once rather then one at a time.

why are the chrono games on every final fantasy site, and vagrant story isn't?

Chrono games are more well known and sold much better and is over all more popular then Vagrant story was. And most FF sites include Chrono games because they tend to make it more of a squaresoft site so they include some of the games by them, but mainly keep it FF.

And the only games that are part of the Final Fantasy series would have Final Fantasy in their names. Chrono is a seperate series made by the same company.

DJZen
04-18-2003, 08:37 PM
Yeah, like Final Fantasy Adventure..... That was a FF game....

Super Christ
04-18-2003, 10:29 PM
Most FF sites include Chrono Trigger because it's the best game ever. Or that's what I say.

Wasn't FF Adventure actually part of the Secret of Mana series, and FF Adventure 2 and 3 part of the SaGa series?

Spatvark
04-18-2003, 10:33 PM
FF Adventure != FF Legends

There was only one FF Adventure game which is Seiken Densetsu...

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-18-2003, 10:45 PM
Final Fantasy Adventure = Seiken Densetsu: Final Fantasy Gaiden
The Final Fantasy Legend = SaGa
Final Fantasy Legend II & III = SaGa 2 & 3

Originally posted by Super Christ
Most FF sites include Chrono Trigger because it's the best game ever. Or that's what I say.This is the reason, yes.

DJZen
04-19-2003, 07:26 AM
*blinks* It had the subtitle Final Fantasy Gaiden? That's interesting..... I wish I'd known that before opening my big mouth....

And yeah, CT is t3h r0x0r.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-19-2003, 08:16 AM
I still wouldn't call it a Final Fantasy game, though. Square certainly only gave it the subtitle for the same reason it completely renamed it and the first three SaGa games for Americans: they were insecure that they could push games like crazy without using the value of the recognition of the Final Fantasy name.

And it had môguri.

edczxcvbnm
04-19-2003, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by radical dreamer
but why is chrono trigger in final fantasy chronicles?

Final Fantasy CHRON(o)icals...yeah. It makes sense but it seemed like even when this first happened I was the only one who got it. The rest of the world is fcuking stupid and couldn't look past the first 2 words.

Sephex
04-19-2003, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by edczxcvbnm
Final Fantasy CHRON(o)icals...yeah. It makes sense but it seemed like even when this first happened I was the only one who got it. The rest of the world is fcuking stupid and couldn't look past the first 2 words.

But why are they so messed up in the head?! Is it because a chocobo attacked them in the crotch?!:choc: :whoa:

edczxcvbnm
04-19-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Sephex
But why are they so messed up in the head?! Is it because a chocobo attacked them in the crotch?!:choc: :whoa:

Probably. They must have been all like. CHOCO CHOCO I LOVE THE CHOCOBO'S CHOCO!!!! Dun-un Dun-un nu-nu....then the Chocobo PECKED THEIR BALLS OFF!>!>!>!>Fd fjlfkd; RAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Bahamut2000X
04-19-2003, 05:13 PM
Am I the only person incredibly confused now?:confused:

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-19-2003, 05:49 PM
Yes.

Magus
04-19-2003, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Bahamut2000X
Am I the only person incredibly confused now?:confused:

probably ... Yes

BatChao
04-22-2003, 01:54 AM
DUDE! I TOTALLY understood FF Chronicles! I was like: 'DUDE! Final Fantasy CHRONicles!' when my friend was like: 'DUDE! Why is CT in a FF titled game?'

And the answer the question, no, CT is not a FF. It surpasses FF in so many ways. And most sites have it because it's damn cool.

edczxcvbnm
04-22-2003, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by BatChao
DUDE! I TOTALLY understood FF Chronicles! I was like: 'DUDE! Final Fantasy CHRONicles!' when my friend was like: 'DUDE! Why is CT in a FF titled game?'

And the answer the question, no, CT is not a FF. It surpasses FF in so many ways. And most sites have it because it's damn cool.

Of course you got it. Your not a tool of FF...or something :erm:

Your cool :kiss::Oo:

Spatvark
04-22-2003, 03:14 AM
Dude, ed kissed another guy... FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG!

edczxcvbnm
04-22-2003, 05:36 AM
Just because I can get in touch with my femine side *wisps hair back*

Sephex
04-22-2003, 06:43 AM
Just because I can get in touch with my femine side *wisps hair back*

What hair?

edczxcvbnm
04-22-2003, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by Sephex
What hair?

I have hair :mad2: Just not long flexible hair :crying2:

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-22-2003, 06:59 AM
Is that why you put on a long black wig whenever you're alone at night, listening to Marilyn Manson and drawing comics of incredibly quality while plotting to one day kill and completely replace a certain somebody?

Perhaps I've said too much.

edczxcvbnm
04-22-2003, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
Is that why you put on a long black wig whenever you're alone at night, listening to Marilyn Manson and drawing comics of incredibly quality while plotting to one day kill and completely replace a certain somebody?

Perhaps I've said too much.

SHHHHHH...he isn't suppose to know that. Thats why I have him over at my house so much. So I can copy his personality also...*plots* AAAAH AHA HA HA HA HA HA!

Sephex
04-24-2003, 08:50 AM
SHHHHHH...he isn't suppose to know that. Thats why I have him over at my house so much. So I can copy his personality also...*plots* AAAAH AHA HA HA HA HA HA!

To bad I have been doing the same thing! I uh...am copying you by uh....losing wieght recently! Yesh thats it! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!

TheSephirothClone
05-28-2003, 08:52 PM
I consider the Chrono games FF games myself...