PDA

View Full Version : THE POPULARLIST FF9 CHARICTER

the blitzer
04-18-2003, 07:59 PM
VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE NOW.

black orb
04-18-2003, 08:41 PM
>>> I think Vivi would win, Vivi always appear everywhere, just look at the picture on the top of this place..

Kimera 726
04-18-2003, 10:16 PM
The most popular characters is Vivi by far. He was 1st place in a competition hosted by Squaresoft. I remember that it was about how well created the characters were for FF9.

Psychotic
04-19-2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by black orb
>>> I think Vivi would win, Vivi always appear everywhere, just look at the picture on the top of this place..

That, my friend, is an eye :D Yeah yeah, I know....

*votes Amarant*

Does it Matter?

Zell's Fists of Fury
04-19-2003, 07:57 PM
Popularist?

Dude, you're in third grade, arent you?
Stop with the Caps.

Bahamut2000X
04-19-2003, 08:00 PM
Cid...no one can ever be more popularestyest then Cid will ever be.

Pancaek
04-20-2003, 12:43 AM
My favorite is Steiner. He's kind of dorky, but in a good way. I THINK THE POPULARIST IS VIVI THOGH BECAUSE EVRYONE LIKES HIM.

Zifnab
04-20-2003, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by the blitzer
VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE NOW.
Am I the only one who reads that as though a Dalek says it? :P
Vivi seems to be most popular. I can't find a single person who dislikes him... except me, for the simple reason that everyone loves him. :mad: I've heard people who hate the pervert (or as one said, 'gay monkey') Zidane, find Dagger too flamboyant etc, but nothing against Vivi.
Kuja is most popular, to me, though.

Rye
04-20-2003, 04:50 PM
I dunno which to pick, Zidane or Vivi. I love them so much! I don't like Dagger because she was pretty cold to Zidane :(

Vivi is just so cute!

Mr. Graves
04-20-2003, 05:04 PM
I Dig Amarant.

the blitzer
04-20-2003, 05:10 PM
Zidane is my favorite but Vivi has got to be the most popular.

Rye
04-20-2003, 05:13 PM
Zidane is my favorite but Vivi has got to be the most popular.

I like Zidane the most too ^.^, but who couldn't love a 8 year old black mage that stutters. He's so innocent!

EveningCross
04-20-2003, 11:59 PM
I don't know... I kinda liked Beatrix's character until she crossed over to the good guys. She was unstoppable. But the one person that I would not vote for is Zidane. He was awesome yes, but I hate it when a game MAKES you take the main character along all the time because then he's always 15 levels ahead of everyone else. But if that's your thing then...

Phil
04-21-2003, 03:22 AM
i think it is a tie between beatrix and vivi. they are both silent and kinda misterious, but when it gets down to the bare bones they can both kik some butt. Plus beatrix is uber sexy if ya know what i mean......

Rude
04-21-2003, 05:29 PM
I voted Kuja

All time levels of bizarness were reached here with having a main villian in scant clothing topped off with a thong. That and all of the music associated with Kuja, such as Wicked Melody, Kuja's Theme, and Dark Messenger, all kick serious arse.

Rye
04-21-2003, 07:41 PM
I like the Kuja song that had the "boom-boom-boom" soundeffect. You know, the one that played when during the FMV in Bermecia, where you get your first real glimse of him.

Heath
04-21-2003, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Rude
I voted Kuja

All time levels of bizarness were reached here with having a main villian in scant clothing topped off with a thong. That and all of the music associated with Kuja, such as Wicked Melody, Kuja's Theme, and Dark Messenger, all kick serious arse.

It's actually Immoral Melody and not Wicked Melody I think.
I like Kuja, anyone who already guessed as much deserves a cookie, mostly because of the way he went about being, Kuja.
Of course every now and then you'll get a :
"KUJa IS A GRIL!" or a "Kuja wears a thong" thread but, I tend to find his looks as a way of how he tries to be different from the Genome he is and how he is trying to show that he is the true genome to bring complete and utter chaos unto Gaia and that Zidane is not . Basically he rejects his past.
I like his narcissistic nature and basically the personality he has. Often reffering to himself as superior to everyone else. The cutscene in which he goes into a trance and destroys Terra was an eye-opener to the power he actually had with the power of the souls imprisoned in the Invincible which he used to show his true power after a foolishly easy boss battle .
I also tend to like Vivi, Steiner and Beatrix as well. I like Beatrix and Kuja more than the others though.

HOOTERS
04-22-2003, 03:41 PM
Quina.

Silent Warrior
04-22-2003, 05:38 PM
Well, no offense to Amarant, but I feel Freya is grossly understimated. Popular, funny, or not, I found her dialogue and history to have most depth.

Scandalous
04-22-2003, 08:38 PM
my fave is garnet (dagger whatever) but i like zidane also
beatrix and amarant rocked as well

Elhaym
04-24-2003, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Silent Warrior
Well, no offense to Amarant, but I feel Freya is grossly understimated. Popular, funny, or not, I found her dialogue and history to have most depth.

I agree, it's just a shame she's not usable for so much of the game.

Rye
04-24-2003, 10:32 PM
Yeah, I liked Freya a lot. They gave her more of a story than steiner, but she should have had a more active role in the story.

Elhaym
04-25-2003, 02:41 PM
Plus she had Jump like Cain from FF4, and Cain rules.

Sephiroth's Mate
04-28-2003, 07:32 PM
vivi rocked he was simply the most powerful character in any gamei can beat anyone with vivi single handedly he was even loveable *shudder* he had so much crap to think about he was only 9 years old and he was made or cloned or summit like that...i loved the little guy he made me happy and the little man was so shy gotta love him
:crying2:

zacks_clone
04-29-2003, 11:30 PM
Kuja.I love the villans.No reson,but I love them.Sephiroth kicked @$$,i didnt like the sorceress,but Kuja rocked too.

Kinda funny,but my uncle thought he was a girl,and my uncles singe.He kept whistling and calling 'her' sexy and hot.it was so funny when i told him it was a guy.

but,kujas my fave

Rye
04-30-2003, 01:07 AM
Kinda funny,but my uncle thought he was a girl,and my uncles singe.He kept whistling and calling 'her' sexy and hot.it was so funny when i told him it was a guy.

*is scared* Lol j/k I thought Kuja was a girl too! @.@ He was awesome!I love the villians. He was just as good as seifer! ^.^

Raiden
04-30-2003, 11:37 AM
Most popular is probably Vivi; but my favorites are Amarant and Kuja:)

zacks_clone
04-30-2003, 08:35 PM
lol!it was pretty scary and funny...

I'd have to say that everyones right.Vivi IS the most popular.

TheChosen1
05-05-2003, 01:17 AM
I really liked Beatrix until she went good. They should have kept her badd until the end or somethin then u would see more of her, as she is ur enemy , but she still rocks even if u use her.

Kurohime
05-05-2003, 02:08 AM
Oo! My mostest favoritest character is definitewy Zidaney-kinsies! :D He just makes me wanna run up to him, hug him, snuggle him, and run my hands up and down that lovely, fluffy, pullable tail of his! ^_^

Yeah, Zidane is my favorite, although I think Vivi is the one I've never really found anyone DISliking.

I guess they didn't give Vivi a quality that made people not like him, wheras either you hated Zidane's cheeful pervishness, Dagger's whininess, Amarant's cold-ass-ness, Quina and Eiko in general... Freya's rat-ness-ness... o_O

Anyway...

I voted for Zidane. But FF9 is the only FF game where I honestly don't find anything I DISLIKE about any of the characters. Even the annoying Zorn and Thorn. <_>

Christmas
05-04-2022, 02:11 AM
Back in the early 2000s, no one appreciate Quina, which is a shame. This is why they need to return to EoFF and change their post. :(

Galuf
05-04-2022, 02:18 AM
The reason why you don't see people hating Quina anymore is because those people have moved home to the graveyard.

Mr Gashtacular
05-04-2022, 08:10 AM
puck is better than queena

Galuf
05-04-2022, 12:54 PM
Puck you

Quindiana Jones
05-04-2022, 10:30 PM
I want to know who else voted Blank.

Love me some Blank.

Tigmafuzz
05-18-2022, 10:22 PM
Looking back on it now, it's so obviously Quina. How strange, I would have thought people in the far-off future of 2022 would be thinking back fondly on Vivi, or even the Zidane-Garnet romance. But Quina simply existing is what people really remember and appreciate, myself included.