PDA

View Full Version : HARDEST BOSS IN FF8

the blitzer
04-18-2003, 10:08 PM
IT IS OMEGA HAS HE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN BEAT ME.

Kimera 726
04-18-2003, 10:18 PM
http://www.raceworx.com/funnypics/capslock.gif

Rye
04-18-2003, 11:03 PM
*Rofls again (see other posts)*

I thought the battle Ultemicia was juctioned to griever was pretty hard. I beat her the second I tried with Lion Heart though.

Erdrick Holmes
04-18-2003, 11:43 PM
Adel, you gotta use strong abilities without hurting Rinoa and a majority of magic that does lots of damage harms every enemy one the screen. And to make matter worse Adel is a tough biach. (she looks like a wrestler from the WWE)

Rye
04-19-2003, 12:19 AM
Lol! She does! I used Lion Heart on her a few times and I won ^.^

Prodigy
04-19-2003, 12:22 AM
I finished Adel with 1 Armageddon Fist. Nothing special.

Omega is without a doubt the hardest. Terra Break is fairly painful.

Ultimate can be a pain as I believe it's possible to get 3 light pillars in a row which might be upsetting.

Rye
04-19-2003, 12:27 AM
Hmm... I wanna try Omega Weapon too. First I have to level my characters too 100 and master Renzokuken ^.^

*Runs off to Island closest to Hell*

If you have the strategy guide to the game they give you a pretty good plan to kill Omega.

S2Knight.F
04-19-2003, 01:26 AM
Omega Weapon:with no doubt, this is the hardest monster in whole FF8, it's definitely a terrible thing.Terra Break....oh,nooooo

the "Ultemicia Family": (final boss) is tough, this tough means Ultemicia; Griever; Ultemicia combined with Griever;and real Ultemicia totally 4 times of transformation. so u gotta have patient to beat them off

Ultima Weapon: though it has the same last name with omega and one more gorgeous sword, it has much lower attack capability than Omega

Seifer: ennnnn, a competitive one in 4th time, after all he made Odin go to heaven

Edea at 2nd time:....not very hard, beware the death is enough....

Adel: noooope, this bytch was totally garbage, only she can do is just hold Rinoa to protect itself. but imo, she looks very very cool,

Big D
04-19-2003, 02:00 AM
First time I fought the 'Ultimecia family', my characters were unremarkable in their power. It took me nearly two hours to win.

It wasn't 'till months later that I fought Omega, and by then my skills had improved to the point where I could drub that fiend without much difficulty.

So Omega's the toughest, but I had the most difficulty with Ultimecia, at least at first.

Squall X
04-19-2003, 04:50 AM
ultimecia with junctioned griever was pretty damn hard, adel was kinda hard too

Rye
04-19-2003, 01:39 PM
The only reason I won against Ultemicia, was because I...

1. Had alot of Aura
2. Got lucky; Angelo almost always did invincible moon (and right before her really tough attacks)
3. Lion Heart
4. Mega-Guard

playaGAW
04-19-2003, 07:41 PM
I voted Ultima but I ment to vote Adel. Hate that ugly bitch. On my first game when I fought her she was the first hard boss. I made my way through the whole game with my chracters in thier twenties (except Squall). She killed me at least 40 times. I had to create a new game and did most of the side quests and get all the GFs just to make sure I beat her. You gotta give me props on my first game though. I went to disk 4 without much difficulty and most my chracters in thier twenties with only 5 GFs( Odin, Cerebrus, Ifrit, Shiva, and Quezacotl). Now since I started my new game I have all the GFs and the only boss I haven't beat is Omega. If only my GFs would come faster and Ihad more heroes and holy wars.

Dazlar Bynon
04-19-2003, 08:14 PM
It's been to long... they weren't that difficult!

Sefie1999AD
04-20-2003, 07:24 PM
- Edea 2nd time is easy. I just use Diablos and Triple-Demi (you can draw the spell from her) against her and attack, and if Squall for some reason gets hurt, I'll have him finish the fight with Renzokuken.

- Seifer on the 4th time is easy too. I always draw Aura with everyone until I have 100 of it and then I beat him up a bit. Usually Gilgamesh comes very quickly and finishes the job.

- Adel's quite annoying, because GFs aren't an option anymore. However, Quistis's Mighty Guard will protect my party from her attacks. I usually cast Aura on Zell and finish it with one Armageddon Rush.

- Ultima Weapon was quite hard on my first game. On my 2nd game, it either felt easy or I was lucky, or having all guys on level 100 helped me. At any rate, it has that instant killing (9999 damage) attack that's annoying, but otherwise, Renzokuken works well against it.

- Omega Weapon's clearly the toughest. I couldn't beat him without Holy Wars.

- Ultimecia, all forms. This battle is easy. I just let her kill my weak 3 characters first, and then the party begins. First I cast shell on everyone, just in case, and then I just attack all of her forms until they die. When the last from casts Hell Judgment, I'll either use a Megalixir and keep whacking her, or I'll do the "Ha-ha! Fool!" trick and use Holy Wars, followed by Renzokuken, Armageddon Rush and Angelo Techs.

*votes for Omega Weapon*

P.S. These tactics aren't cheating. They aren't a bug and they're hard to get (Lion Heart, Aura, Holy Wars, Megalixirs). Using The End is what I'd call cheap.

Erdrick Holmes
04-21-2003, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by Kimera 726
http://www.raceworx.com/funnypics/capslock.gif

I don't get it?

Big D
04-21-2003, 02:54 AM
Kimera 726 has noticed that the blitzer tends to write EVERYTHING in capital letters. That picture is Kimera's way of subtly hinting that the blitzer ought to remedy this situation.:)

Kimera 726
04-21-2003, 03:00 AM
Correct. :cool: You get a free Sprite *gives Big D a 10-inch Sprite*

Hardest boss for me has to be Ultimecia's Final Form. I thought Necron was hard with his hard hitting attacks. But this form actually can drain all hp to 1. If she used Ultima on me I would be finished. Seriously a nervous fight if it wasn't for triple. Has anybody fought her without Triple? My first time fighting her I was. Not a bad hour of mayhem.

I'd test Omega's potential as the hardest but I dunno where he is. Must be something with that purple light by the piano...

Big D
04-21-2003, 03:08 AM
*enjoys Sprite* Thanks!

Finding Omega is kinda tough.
You're right that Omega appears by the organ in Ultimecia's castle. To make Omega appear, you've got to ring the bell in that smallish room with the spiral staircase - the one a few screens back from the hall with the paintings. Once the bell starts ringing, you've got one minute to reach Omega or else he disappears again. You'll need to use party switch points. Have your strongest team on a switch point as close to Omega as possible - there's a switch point right by the fountain. Enc-None would help, as long as you replace it with a better ability just before the fight - just one random encounter would waste so much time that you'd probably have to start over, and ring the bell again.

Rye
04-21-2003, 01:46 PM
I didn't think he was hard to find. I found him on accident once :blush: because I was just playing with everything in the house. I couldn't find gargantua! lol

Psychotic
04-21-2003, 06:57 PM
I really should take Omega down, although my levels are only in their 40s + 50s. But I think I have enough Heroes and Holy Wars to see me through.

Out of those bosses, Adel is EXTREMELY annoying, for one reason and one reason only - Rinoa. The amount of times I killed Rinoa(It's not like I did it on purpose or anything... honest :D) bordered on insane. Maybe using Cactuar a lot wasn't a good idea.

When I first fought Ultimecia(1999.... ah the good ol' days) She was nigh-on invincible, but on my recent go, I beat the hell out of her - without stuff like Lionheart(I don't even HAVE the Lionheart weapon), and found her disappointingly easy.

Why no Garden Master NORG? OK, he was extremely easy, but he kept saying "fushushursuru" How many other bosses can you claim to have defeated that say that? eeeeeeeeeexactly.

Leo McGarry
04-21-2003, 11:18 PM
I never found any boss that difficult to beat...mostly they were a huge yawn.
On the other hand I did find battling Ruby Dragons to be a severe pain if stats are not high eough......yeuck Ruby Dragions were severe Biatches!

edczxcvbnm
04-22-2003, 12:00 AM
They are all easy to me because I had 100 heros!

Prodigy
04-22-2003, 12:43 AM
Congratulations.

They're also all easy if you open the playstation disc cover whilst using Selphie's limit break and choose 'The End' each time.

Pointless though.

edczxcvbnm
04-22-2003, 12:58 AM
I wouldn't know. Most of the characters had shitty limit breaks.

Rye
04-22-2003, 01:32 PM
Ooo... I never used The end before... does it look good? I'm gonna try it on some really hard boss like omega! ^.^

Prodigy
04-22-2003, 01:37 PM
Most of the characters had shitty limit breaks

Yes you're right.

Zell and Squall only had proportionatly the most powerful moves in any Final Fantasy game ever and Quistis had a stupidly powerful set of moves too.

Either
a) You're trying to wind us up.
b) You're a spastard.

Rye
04-22-2003, 01:49 PM
Lol, Squall limit breaks were to good. I think Rinoas were pretty good! I really needed Invincible moon, in the last boss fight.

Dazlar Bynon
04-22-2003, 04:51 PM
'Invincible Moon' and Angelo delivering a potion to resurrect someone are handy against 'Jumbo Cactuar' and his '10.000 Needles' attack.

Blackmage
04-23-2003, 12:13 AM
Judging from my very first time through the game, Adel.

But, now...you mean to tell me that ANY of these guys are supposed to be hard? x_x The only fights that WOULD be tough would be either Ultima Weapon or Jumbo Cactuar; they'd be hard if they had tons more HP and speed. They might actually be some kind of threat since they can instantly deal death no matter what.

...And Omega's really not as tough as you make him out to be. When I get my site up, I'll give you the real deal on Omega.

Rye
04-23-2003, 01:55 AM
Jumbo Cactuar isn't hard... Just use LionHeart. (It solves everything!)

Big D
04-23-2003, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by Prodigy
Yes you're right.

Zell and Squall only had proportionatly the most powerful moves in any Final Fantasy game ever and Quistis had a stupidly powerful set of moves too.

Either
b) You're a spastard. 'Spastard' has got to be one of the coolest neologisms ever. Can I have it?
Ooo... I never used The end before... does it look good?The End is kind of cutesy... but nice. Let's just say that it's 'distinctly Selphie', and it uses one of the game's most popular thematic elements.

edczxcvbnm
04-23-2003, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by Prodigy
Yes you're right.

Either
b) You're a spastard.

Which is why they sucked so much. Everything was overly powerful and through off the balance of the game even more than it already was.

muchacho
04-27-2003, 01:46 PM
the only boss i found hard was iferit....... i mean....omega

omega was the hardest boss in that game even though he was kinda easy. it only took me 4 times to beat him.

Rye
04-27-2003, 01:51 PM
All battles in FF8 are easy if you have holy ways (I don't have any! Where do you get them!?) or in my case Invincible Moon. Also mighty guard helps alot! I need all the auras I can get.

muchacho
04-27-2003, 01:54 PM
you get 10 holy wars from moding the gilgamesh card. you get the gilgamesh card from the card king in the CC sidequest.

Prodigy
04-27-2003, 08:58 PM
Which is why they sucked so much. Everything was overly powerful and through off the balance of the game even more than it already was.

Yeh I guess that's true. Although it was nice to play with a rediculously hard party just for fun.

EvenAngelsFall
05-07-2003, 07:19 PM
Omega yep, He was tough as hell the first 3 times i tried out on him, but then i just turned my cards into items and got my main three characters stats almost to the fullest(Squall,Irvine,Rinoa-due to they all have continuess hit limit breaks) and i just keep on using that hero judgement thingy that makes me invinsible(or invisible) then he couldnt hit me most of the time, untill it wore off, I died alot cause i had to use aura when the Hero judgement thingy wore off cause it wont work when its on...same with healing...it was a long 13 minute fight but all worth it to see omega fall.

~EvenAngelsFall

CloudSquallandZidane
05-11-2003, 01:40 AM
Ive played the game a LOT of times and i personally think that arguing is ridiculous Omega Weapon, hands down i dont think theres anyone who can beat him without holy wars, yet I beat all the ultimecias with lvls. 80,69,72,40,20,15... the numbers speak for themselves, yet i was unable to defeat the Omega with top lvls. and the BEST weapons, and magic...

Prodigy
05-11-2003, 10:44 AM
Dude, Omega falls on his fat useless ass in a couple of minutes if you do it right. I didn't use holy wars/heroes - it was a piece of p*ss.

All you need is to junction carefully, auto-haste helps and you're away. I didn't even use the pheonix item which summons him (useful if you wanna survive terra break). Simply have quistis cast mighty card and aura on zell/squall (if mighty guard doesn't do that) and then hit away. Zell can do something insane like 500,000 damage if you get the full time limit. Squall can do 250,000 if he pulls of lionheart. Only take a few hits if you get lucky. If you get hit a couple of times then with aura+low health then you're a lot more likely to do big damage.

Easy.

Still the hardest boss though.

Zenshen
05-12-2003, 03:35 PM
I've not yet fought Omega Weapon, but I know what he's all about and his ass is mine! *rubs hands in anticipation*

Squall's Lionheart limit is stupidly powerful! :D It's saved in many situations, namely facing Ultima Weapon. It's first attack was a Light Pillar on Rinoa, it's second attack was a Light Pillar on Zell, it used Meteor on Squall, then I cast Aura, then it took two swipes at Squall with it's Weapon.

Thank god I had Auto-Protect! With barely enough HP left, I completed a successful Renzokuken followed by a Lionheart......

Renzokuken + Lionheart = one minced Ultima Weapon :D

So yes, so far Ultima Weapon has proved my hardest fight.....but I need Holy Wars! How the hell do I get 'em? :O_O:

Raiden
05-12-2003, 03:45 PM
How come Sir Norg isn't in this poll???

Not fair.

Big D
05-13-2003, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Zenshen
.....but I need Holy Wars! How the hell do I get 'em? :O_O: Refine them from the Gilgamesh card, won from Cardmaster King in the CC group. Or refine them from Heroes, which can either be stolen in miniscule quantities from Seifer (at high levels), or else refined from Laguna's card.

xSiLeNtStArx
05-13-2003, 03:00 AM
I think that Omega was hardest. Ultimecia(all forms) was easy compared to Omega. O_o For some reason my Lionheart wasn't coming up all that often...even though all my characters were in critical HP...:eep: Oh well, I still beat it after trying many times. :p

fallen_cloud
05-13-2003, 03:13 PM
Omega Weapon is extremely hard to beat, especially if you don't have any heroes or holy wars. But it can't be done, as I pulled it off. All you really need are the best weapons, some pheonix pinions, a crap load of recovery magic, and the best weapons. Teaching Angelo Invicible Moon helps too.

Zenshen
05-13-2003, 04:51 PM
Ah, Big D! Thanks for the help! :D

Only problem is.....I bloody hate the card game! Argh! I'm just no good at it, so if I do want Holy Wars, it looks I'm gunna need to get good at cards....quickly..... :(

Boko Mog
05-14-2003, 03:27 AM
Adel and Omega Weapon were very difficult for me...

I just couldn't beat Adel in the first few tries. As for Omega, he was definitely more difficult to conquer.

Peegee
05-14-2003, 09:12 AM
Omega Weapon is overhyped. Try defeating him without limit breaks: it's possible.

get 255 mag stat (or closest). Stock up on meteors. Get auto haste (or as high a stat as possible).

Summon Doomtrain; Summon Cerebrus. All members have triple; Omega has 0 def.

Cast Meteor like madman. With 3 meteor blasts per turn, quick recovery, and a little bit of luck, you can defeat Omega Weapon without doing a single 'armaggedon fist' or any other cheap ass trick (like opening the PS and desparately choosing Selphie's 'the end' spell).

Beating Omega without spells or limit breaks....that's impossible.

§håd0w
08-10-2003, 12:51 AM
adel, cuz its the only battle you cant use GFs. well u can but u will kill rinoa. shit ive played the game twice and still cant beat adel. first time someone did it for me, second time, im still trying.

Big D
08-10-2003, 06:16 AM
Please don't revive threads that've been peacefully sleeping for three months.