PDA

View Full Version : Do you think there will be a FFVIII-2 and if there was...

Rye
04-19-2003, 12:34 AM
Do you think there will be a FFVIII-2? I think there might be if FFX-2 does as good in North America and Europe as it did in Japan. (Platinum Status in 1 day!) Naturally Square will want more sequal money. :rolleyes2

Also if there was a sequal, what story line do you think it would have?

I think that it would be about Rinoa succumbing to her socceress powers. Squall would do what ever it tkes to save, but the only problem is that Rinoa would have episodes of bad socceress-ness (is that a word @.@) and forget her friends and such.

Well that would be really sad :( I don't want Rinoa to go bad ^.^

Big D
04-19-2003, 02:09 AM
If there was a sequel, I think it'd have to give more attention to the secondary characters. Quistis in particular was horribly neglected in the original.

It would be nice to see a return of Seifer's posse, whether as playable characters, NPCs, opponents or whatever.

Rinoa can't be the only sorceress in her world, so the plot could feature some other, who's been in hiding. But I doubt that sorceresses would return as the antagonists. That'd seem tired and unoriginal. Maybe the GFs could have a greater role as characters, rather than merely being gameplay elements? Perhaps they've grown tired of being hunted and enslaved by humans?

Some new characters would be nice.. perhaps a few who are older than the regular cast, and from different backgrounds too - just to add a bit of diversity.

Laguna would have to return as a prominent character, I think.

It would be great if they could overcome the difficulty of 'GF amnesia' so that the characters could recover their full memories... they'd all seem much deeper if they could discuss and reminisce about the past.

There are plenty of things that'd be nice in an FFVIII sequel... let's keep hoping!

Squall X
04-19-2003, 04:59 AM
i doubt there'd be a ff8 sequal, but i'd love it if there was, i'd want it to focus mainly in on squall/rinoa/seifer.

DJZen
04-19-2003, 06:54 AM
I'm gonna say what I said when this got brought up for FF7, I really hope they don't make a sequel. DO YOU GUYS KNOW HOW MANY FROM DUSK TILL DAWN MOVIES THERE ARE?!?!?!?!?!?! And let me tell ya, it just gets better with every itteration....

Rye
04-19-2003, 01:23 PM
If there was a sequel, I think it'd have to give more attention to the secondary characters. Quistis in particular was horribly neglected in the original.

I'd like to see a little more about Zell and Selphie. Also if Zell goes out with the Pig-Tail Girl! ^.^

i'd want it to focus mainly in on squall/rinoa/seifer.

Me too! Maybe we could see Seifers thoughts about the past and his outlook on the future. Also I'd love to see Raijin and Fujin and him try other activities. (like the fishing scene, LOL!)

Dazlar Bynon
04-19-2003, 01:32 PM
Why always sequals, how about a prequal. I mean about this communications-scramble-thing happening during the game, the war with Adel or something and ofcource Laguna's part during there times!

That would be great!

PhoenixAsh
04-19-2003, 01:52 PM
I want a sequel, but I don't. The characters were happy they should be left alone.

But if they did make one I'd want it REALLY dark to make up for the complete lack of this in the original. I mean Selphie suffers the worst and look at her attitude again by disc three.

They should do some major WTF scenes, like side switches for main characters, to the level of maybe having one of the original six being a boss fight. They could also do some irony with it, because of time travel have it so that ULTIMECIA was actually trying to save the world through time compression because of something explained in VIII-2.

If they did R=U then they should do it Buffy style which almost did it to the letter. But they shouldn't follow it through to the end, still leave it up for debate (at least in some forums).

Rye
04-19-2003, 01:58 PM
But if they did make one I'd want it REALLY dark to make up for the complete lack of this in the original. I mean Selphie suffers the worst and look at her attitude again by disc three.

I'd like to see more about the secondary characters pasts. All they give is the orphanage.

A prequal would be really cool! Like how you said with Laguna, except with his childhood and wh yhe joined the army.

Rand Al'Tor
04-19-2003, 05:05 PM
Hmm...I'd like the game to focus mainly on new characters, with perhaps one or two of the old ones (maybe without GF's too compensate for their experience) And I'd like to know more about the 'monsters from teh moon' thing. And the GF's. And the link between it all.

Rye
04-19-2003, 05:34 PM
Me too! Maybe they go ON the moon or something.

Eyece
04-26-2003, 04:04 AM
FF8, though my favorite game ever...Will never have a sequel, because too many people didn't like it. And the reason is hardly any of em understood it, and didn't complete the game. Alot of people I know got sick of it because it wasn't they're cup of tea, but I think it rules all other final fantasies, and games for that matter.

Erdrick Holmes
04-26-2003, 05:00 AM
I betcha Seifer will be a good guy, then a traitor (again) and Irvine will manage to get with Selphie

Rye
04-26-2003, 02:37 PM
I'd like to see Selphie with Irvine! ^.^ it would be a shock though to see Squall being like he was on the 3rd and 4th disc, the whole time in a sequal.

Dazlar Bynon
04-26-2003, 03:38 PM
Well, sequals suck in as good as every case and degrade the earlier parts. FF is the name of a collection of games that are actually NOT connected, so FFVIII is not a sequal for instance.

A safer way to make sequals if to make chapters, this means that you will have to plan on making more parts and leave room for more chapters, I mean that someone in one chapter has still got some ??? which can be the basis for the next chapter.

This way you don't have sequals, but you have parts. The downside of this is that you have to say there will be more parts, when you come with the first, even if the first doesn't work out well.

Squall2
04-28-2003, 06:23 PM
too many people didn't like it.

What!!!!!!!????? who could like any ff more than 8???:grr: :grr: :grr: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Rye
04-28-2003, 08:45 PM
I love FF8, but FFX one by a hair for me. It was my first FF, so It has that sentimental value (i'm weird)

Calvin
04-29-2003, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Squall2
What!!!!!!!????? who could like any ff more than 8???:grr: :grr: :grr: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Can anyone say 7? Hehe. I'd state my reasons for not liking FFVIII, but I'm sure 20 people will start atacking me.......so I'll keep my opinions to myself.

zacks_clone
04-29-2003, 01:48 AM
prequal.I like laguna ALOT more then i will EVER like squall(well,kingdom hearts made me like him abit more...)

Oh,yes.Seven.Seven is my favorite.And i'll state resons for liking 7 and really...'disliking' 8.

Sevens story was ALOT better then 8s.I have played it,sadly havent beat it but know the ending thanks to my own spoiling.The only thing i LINKED about the story was the past bits.Laguna,Ellone(..uhh,did i spell it right),and most of the maine characters knowing each other.That was ALL i likes about the story

Gameplay really wasnt how i liked.You level up,well so do the monsters.HATED that idea.What was the sense of even leveling up.Even trying?There really wasnt any

GFs and magic and that stuff.I hated how it was all set up.Junkens or somthing...hated that.HATED it.It drove me nuts.

I liked the graphics.I did,they FITTED the game well.

Sound...Eeesh,i only like 'eyes on me' and the opening song.

Sevens Characters were alot more likable.Zell seemed stupid,Selphie a ditz,Rinoa was too...HAPPY,squall too cold,Quistes was...just...well,it was like she was lost.Irving was a jerk.I know they all gradually changed,but i still had that impresion.All through the game.Seven was about the same way.Cloud was cold,but they made the 'ice melt' soon and slow enough that i didnt think of him like that all the time.

Dazlar Bynon
04-29-2003, 06:20 AM
I just want to say: "It doesn't matter what FF you think is best, discussing it doesn't solve anything and will only result in meaningless posts. I mean even less meaningful than this one, so let's just keep it at that shall we?!"

Blackmage
04-29-2003, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Squall2

*raises hand* Me! Tactics r0x0rs!

Err, anyways, staying on topic, the story doesn't seem like it'd be able to support a sequel. It ended. Yay. There wouldn't be a whole lot to talk about, other than Rinoa and Squall doin' the nasty and potential conflict between nations. At least with FFX-2, FFX left a lot open, like the ultimate fate of Tidus since he "disappeared" along with totally redoing the entire world society to remove the religion of Yevon since Yu Yevon was the overall big baddy.

If anything, a prequel would be the way to go with this game. Highlighting the life of Laguna would be pretty nifty, or even focusing on the orphanage wouldn't be too bad. But, a prequel would work MUCH better than a sequel.

zacks_clone
04-29-2003, 11:49 PM
yeah.we really never got too much about laguna or his missions,how squall got in an orphanage,or exactly how ellion was taken away.

Squall2
04-30-2003, 07:14 PM
cos I come from the uk, i've heard of FF tactics but never ever played it!!!!!!:( :( :( :mad2: :mad2: :cry: :cry: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

diablos uNo
05-03-2003, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Calvin
I'll keep my opinions to myself. you've earned my respect!!:D :D there should be more members like you

i hate the idea of a prequal but i think a sequal would be sweet:D

i'd wanna see all the original characters and GFs as they made 8 as good as it was but id like to see more depth into the characters personalities and backgrounds i would be REAL dissapointed if they was to get rid of any original characters!!!!

maybe a few new limit breaks, GFs, abilities, weapons and even a couple of new characters and locations

mushemush
05-04-2003, 05:18 AM
If there was a prequel to FF VIII made, I think it should be called
"Final Fantasy -VIII: Laguna's Story"

This, of course, would be the events leading up to Final Fantasy VIII and go more in depth with Julia, his adventures as a Galbadian soldier, settling down with Raine, Ellone, his adventures in Esthar, and Squall's birth.

If there was a prequel/sequelish game made to FF VIII, I think it should be called
"Final Fantasy VIII-2: Seifer's Eyes"

This would be Final Fantasy VIII through Seifer's point of view. It would detail his relationship with Rinoa, his possesion by Sorceress Edea and Ultimecia, and the night of the ball (after they defeat Ultimecia, shown during the ending during the camera bit with Selphie).

I think that both would make excellent games http://www.caljus.com/users/mushemush/Images/Emoticons/Lol3.gif

Miyamashi
05-04-2003, 07:18 AM
does anybody remember the old April Fools Joke about "Fianl Fantasy Gaiden"(FF Sidequest)? if you don't (or never heard of it) it was the supposed sequel to FF8, reveolving around Seifer, Raijin, and Fujin. considering that Fujin is my all-time favorite FF character, I was really sad to hear that it was a hoax! :cry:

Anyway, I'd be REALLY happy if they made the joke a reality, as long as it isn't a Saifuu! (SeiferXFujin) I'm A Raifuu (RaijinXFujin) supporter myself!:love:

diablos uNo
05-05-2003, 09:21 PM
i never heard bout that miya but a sequal followin rage fujin and seifer does sound too good!!

in a sequal i think they could use haynes as a main bad guy!!

if any of yas remember the guy who lived next door to Ma Dincht was tellin his daughter bout a god named Haynes, who created people so they could do all his work and then he could sleep. but after Haynes woke up he realised there were too many people and wanted to kill all the children. on knowing this the people all gathered together and trapped Haynes into a corner. Haynes tricked the people into giving them half of his body, but the half Haynes ran away with half that had the stronger magic. Haynes was never seen again!

(i think thats how the story went)

i think that could contribute to a good ff8 sequal!

Miyamashi
05-05-2003, 10:07 PM
That's an idea. (By, the way, it's Hyne! ^.-) The rest of the story was that Hyne was like the all-powerful "goddess" of FF8, and that she was the predecessor to all of the sorceresses.

Considering this, Hyne would make a really good main villain. That would allow the sorceress idea that played such a big part in the original to flourish even more!

Rye
05-05-2003, 10:11 PM
Lol! Imagine if you find out in the sequal that ultemicia was actually good, but was possessed by hyne ^.^

kali
05-07-2003, 02:22 PM
Sequel....--- new characters ...probably the children of squall and rinoa or something mundance like that.....And old squall could be the leader of esthar (after laguna died from a freak malboro attack)....woohoo ....and they have a daughter and she falls in love with an older seifer....hahahaha ....causing Squall to get pissed and send her off to Edea + Cid's new school.....AND THEN something strange starts happening....the Martine guy, angry at his fall from grace, could form a whole new army that would divide the whole world....And and and.....

EvenAngelsFall
05-07-2003, 05:18 PM
IF there ever was a sequel to ff8 i would probably die because its my favorite game outa all rpgs and such, i heard word that they just might consider it in square enix to make a sequel to ff7, and ff8 and ffx-2(thats right there might be a ffx-3.)

~EvenAngelsFall

DragonFire446
06-26-2004, 04:46 AM
All i want is a remake of FF7 and FF8 with better graphics and sound :)

Trumpet Thief
06-26-2004, 05:43 AM
If there were a sequel, I would hope it would be about Rinoa being Ultemecia. Darn, now I'm going to have nightmares.

kikimm
06-26-2004, 06:34 AM
would a game sequel really be the best way to go? I mean, everything pretty much got resolved by the end. Why not go the advent children way and make a movie? I think that'd be pretty cool. I'd love to see what the characters would sound like. I just don't think that there's enough left to make another 40/50 hour game.

:D

arylonthedancer
06-27-2004, 12:16 AM
Check out Griever_Leonhart's thread about making his own "fan sequel." It's called FFVIII Sequel

kikimm
06-27-2004, 12:19 AM
Yeah, I took a look at that before I came here. That idea could actually work, because it's so far in the future. I also liked the idea that someone mentioned saying that there could now be problems with time and the present as a result of time compression. THAT'S a good idea.

:D

arylonthedancer
06-27-2004, 12:31 AM
Thank you. That was my idea. I personally like my idea about the GFs though.

CloudSquallandZidane
06-27-2004, 12:37 AM
IF there ever was a sequel to ff8 i would probably die because its my favorite game outa all rpgs
~EvenAngelsFall

Heck YA! I'd have a heart attack in anticipation so if they ever do make another one then i cant know until its out or else it could be fatal. :skull:

Griever_Leonhart
06-27-2004, 01:33 AM
Whatever you guys want to see in my game I'll put it in there.

Del Murder
06-27-2004, 03:18 AM
Let's not revive threads from over a year ago.