PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Funny Quotes (spoilers)

Rye
04-19-2003, 01:38 AM
What were your favorite funny quotes. You just gotta love the one in the 3rd disc...

Zell: "I'm sure you want to be alone with her... So Squall...I never thought you were the roma...Ah, you know..."
Rinoa: "What about you, Zell? That girl in the library...?"
Zell: "What!? I don't know what you're talking about!"
Rinoa: "All the girls in the Garden know about it. I noticed right away, too."
Zell: "Hey, this isn't about me!"

Lol xD! Like I said, you gotta love it. And...

Irvine: "Have fun, man. Let it all out tonight."
Squall: (Oh man. This guy is sick.)
--------- a few minutes later
Rinoa: "Ooh! A naughty magazine!"
Squall: (I thought this guy was kidding.)

:D :tongue: I love that!

S2Knight.F
04-19-2003, 02:41 AM
hey, recall that moment when Squall those guys first met Irvine in front of G-garden gate, Rinoa and Selphie embraced Irvine one after another after Squall allowing Irvine's choice of making those 2 gals be his partners.
then Quistis saw this, and embraced Squall too!!!! haha i'm so surprised to see this, Squall thought "hey........", then.
did u remember this excellent moment?
i think Quistis did this because she really likes Squall, she really wanna embrace Squall even if it's justa second thing. accidentally, Rinoa and Selphie made this chance to Quistis undesignedly, Quistis acrrutely catched this chance, I think that was the very interesting moment in FF8, if u know the faraway favor of Quistis towards Squall.

Big D
04-19-2003, 10:18 AM
That scene made me laugh too, but I also found it rather touching, even cute. It said a lot about both Quistis and Squall.

Psychotic
04-19-2003, 11:54 AM
I like this one after completing the Dollet Mission(I think it goes something like this)

Cid:So Squall, what was it like in battle?
Squall:...Whatever
Cid:That's the spirit!

And also I liked the bit where Zell tried to shake Squall's hand at the party and Squall just ignored him. That was also great.

Dazlar Bynon
04-19-2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Psychotic
And also I liked the bit where Zell tried to shake Squall's hand at the party and Squall just ignored him. That was also great.

No-one likes to shake Zell's hand, Squall doesn't shake either. In the Timber mission Zone or watts (I dont know whitch one) wants to shake Squall's hand and he just stands there watching at the hand, then he shakes Selphie's hand and Zell stands there with his hand stretched, being ignored. I love it!

I thought Cid said: "That's great... Whatever" when Squall says: "...Whatever"
When Squall says: "It felt great" Cid says: "That's the spirit!" followed by some sort of warning.

Rye
04-19-2003, 01:45 PM
No-one likes to shake Zell's hand, Squall doesn't shake either. In the Timber mission Zone or watts (I dont know whitch one) wants to shake Squall's hand and he just stands there watching at the hand, then he shakes Selphie's hand and Zell stands there with his hand stretched, being ignored. I love it!

Lol! Yeah that was funny. I also like this scene at the Orphanage when they were little...

Selphie: Hey Irvy, wanna play?
Irvine: What'cha playing?
Selphie: War!

Lol ^.^ I also loved Selphie's attitude, especially on the Timber Train with

"Blow it up with a Missle Launcher!?"

Dazlar Bynon
04-19-2003, 01:57 PM
Selphie reminds me of this person in the manga movie "Visions of Escaflowne" a sort of cat-girl, extremely hyper personality and attitute. How can you not like someone like that?

Dollet Communications Tower:
Selphie is acting hyper again!

Zell: "Watch out or you'll fall"
Selphie: "Like I'm really going to"

And ofcource @ the orphanage when they are playing with fireworks and start dishing Zell (@ least I thought it was Zell)

Rye
04-19-2003, 02:04 PM
I like what Selphie said in the beggining near dollet tower, when you select not to jump off the cliff and Selphie asked why didn't you jump...

Zell: Well most normal people don't jump off cliffs.
Squall (select disagree)
Squall: Well most can except Chicken-Wusses.
Zell: What!? I'm not a Chicken!
Selphie: What about a PIG! Well you look more like Chicken.

Lol!

Dazlar Bynon
04-19-2003, 04:33 PM
When in coversation with Rajin, he keeps saying: "ya know", ya know.
And then Zell also starts saying: "ya know", ya know.
And he drives himself crazy, ya know.
I like that, ya know.

Rye
04-19-2003, 05:42 PM
Lol, you know!

I liked the scene in the beggingin where you first see raijin and Fujin in the cafeteria. Zell run's in a asks for the hotdogs. The Lunch Ladies say it's all gone. Than he runs away. Then you have the characters thinking toi themselves.

Seifer: (?)
Squall: (?)
Fujin: (WHAT?)
Raijin: (You know)

He even thinks "You Know"!
:tongue:

Big D
04-20-2003, 01:59 AM
I've never seen that scene, in all the times I've played... when does it occur?

Morgan
04-20-2003, 02:45 AM
when you are meant to go see quistis at the front gate, go to the cafeteria

Big D
04-20-2003, 04:15 AM
Thanks! I just did that. Really funny scene... does anyone else wonder how a reckless, feckless, irresponsible cowboy like Seifer got to be on the disciplinary committee? It seems like someone (Garden administration?) made a grievous oversight somewhere.

Erdrick Holmes
04-20-2003, 04:19 AM
During the Master NORG vs SeeD battle when you arrive back to Garden at disc 2 (Zell must be on your team)

Head for the cafiteria

Cafiteria Staff: Thanks for resuing us would you like some hot dogs.

Zell: OHHHHH YEAHHHHH!!!

Staff 1: Hey give them some of the leftover hot dogs

Staff 2: What sorry but we finished them already

Zell: Ah man....

I think thats how it goes.

S2Knight.F
04-20-2003, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by Akumaou812
During the Master NORG vs SeeD battle when you arrive back to Garden at disc 2 (Zell must be on your team)

Head for the cafiteria

Cafiteria Staff: Thanks for resuing us would you like some hot dogs.

Zell: OHHHHH YEAHHHHH!!!

Staff 1: Hey give them some of the leftover hot dogs

Staff 2: What sorry but we finished them already

Zell: Ah man....

I think thats how it goes.

yeah,yeah, exactly, this scene is also very humoristic

Psychotic
04-20-2003, 12:18 PM
Another great one is at the Timber Owl's hideout:

Some person:I wonder what the president's address will be about?
Selphie:Everybody -- Peace -- and -- love!!!!
*Everyone looks at Selphie*

Great :D

Rye
04-20-2003, 01:28 PM
Lol! I liked it when Squall was in the torture room and you select "just let me die." he tells the guard

"Y-your b-breath Stinks!" than BZZZZT!

lol he probably got that guard to take a breath mint ^.^ poor squall though...

LovesRinoa
04-20-2003, 02:45 PM
Lol! I liked it when Squall was in the torture room and you select "just let me die." he tells the guard "Y-your b-breath Stinks!" than BZZZZT

He tells him that when you choose Gotta Live, i just played that part like 2 days ago. Also if you look closely, right after Squall tells him his breath stinks, he spits in his face. LOVE IT!! Who says Squall is a boring,self centered,keeps to himself loner?

I like the part when Irvine says something to Zell on the train ride after you pick him up at Galbadia Garden. After all the women kinda dissed him, he tells of how hes a loner and all snipers are like that, and to not bother him. Then Zell punches the train floor, then over the load speaker someone says, the train wasnt damaged by that little disruption, or something close to that. Then they repeat it. Zell gets no respect.

Rye
04-20-2003, 03:38 PM
I think it said, "The train was not damaged my that minor vibration" except the guy stutters ^.^

right after Squall tells him his breath stinks, he spits in his face. LOVE IT!!

Yeah I forgot about that. Lol!!! ^.^

Dazlar Bynon
04-21-2003, 02:35 PM
Garden Faculty: "... One more minute..."
[Zell comes cruising in on his T-Board]
Zell: "Made it!"
Garden Faculty: "T-Boards are prohibited within Garden. Have you forgotten?"
Zell: "Oops, sorry!"
Zell: "But this is really cool. It may come in handy on a Seed mission, someday"
Garden Faculty: "We'll be the judge of that."
[Garden Faculty takes T-Board]
Garden Faculty: "Confiscate it."
[T-Board is taken away]
Garden Faculty: "All of you are members of Seed, but..."
Garden Faculty: "Nevertheless. you're stillstudents at this Garden."
Garden Faculty: "Furthermore, because you are Seeds, you must abide by the Garden's rules."
Garden Faculty: "Understood!?"
[Zell is really pissed now]

I like that!

Rye
04-21-2003, 03:20 PM
Lol! I like when Quistis told everyone about the time when Zell drove the board into the girl's bathroom. Lol ^^ (I betcha the pig-tailed girl ran in to meet Zell)

darkangel5681
04-23-2003, 04:17 AM
I think one of the funniest quotes is from the first "flashback" after Laguna "talks" to Julia (leg cramps...)

Kiros: You cut a pretty pathetic figure up there. I'd say you're about a -3 on the manliness scale.

Erdrick Holmes
04-23-2003, 04:35 AM
Irvine: Whoa look at these old school rifles.

Zell: Hey don't touch those, the're my grandpas.

Irvine: Oh, man. But there so cool. You gotta at least let me check 'em out.

Zell: Oh alright just be careful.

Irvine: Alright

BOOOM

Zell: What are you doing.

Or how about when you first get Irvine from Galbadia garden. On your way to Deling City just leave the team settings the way Irvine has them.

Irvine: Alright 2 beutiful women to myself.

Rinoa: Oh my lets get going

(Rinoa and Selphie grasp on to Irvine)

Selphie: Lets go Irvey Kinniypoo

Irvine: Oh please call me Irvine.

Squall: Sometimes I don't understrand women

Quistis: (latches onto Squall) Let's go Squall

I think thats how they go.

Rye
04-23-2003, 01:20 PM
Lol! That was funny, but quistis ruined the scene :grr:

Dazlar Bynon
04-23-2003, 02:19 PM
Quistis rarely contributes to anything... You should know that.

Rye
04-23-2003, 04:40 PM
Yup... Too True. I don't think she made any funny quotes at ALL in the game...

Calvin
04-23-2003, 06:41 PM
I think the only scene where I actually laughed out loud (alright, cuckled to myself), was the ending cinema where Raijin caught the fish and Fujin kicked him into the water. In the words of Strong Bad, "That was pretty hilarious."

Dazlar Bynon
04-25-2003, 11:11 AM
Selphie: "By the way... This model's nice but the president's car looks kinda shabby. ......Why is that?"
Watts: "Yeah, Rinoa made it. That's why. We bought everything else at the gift store."
Zell: "Oh... I thought some kid made it. The paint job sucks, too."
Squall: (......? Yeah...It kind of does.)
Rinoa: "Oh, shut up! I made it look like that on purpose."
"It represents my hatred towards Deling."
Zell: "Hatred, eh...? Yeah...right."
Selphie: "It'sone of the...ugliest things that I've ever seen in my life. You must really hate him."
Squall: "......"
Rinoa: "Are you guys finished!? Enough about the model! Can we get on with it now!?"

Selphie brings out the worst in people and I wouldn't want it any other way, cause that would ruin FFVIII!

HOOTERS
04-25-2003, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by RikkuYuna89
Yup... Too True. I don't think she made any funny quotes at ALL in the game...

Seifer: Instructor...I hate when people wish me luck, save it for bad students who need it.

Quistis: Ok, good luck Seifer.

Seifer: Add Insructor Trepe to the list.

Rye
04-25-2003, 12:48 PM
Ok, one ^.^ I forgot about that one :)

Prodigy
04-26-2003, 06:04 PM
That's one of my favourite quotes.

"Add Instructor Trepe to the list"

Classic.

Lord Xehanort
04-27-2003, 07:21 AM
First train with Irvine...

Dammit I can't remember how it goes! But I laughed my ass off (figuratively of course.)

Erdrick Holmes
04-27-2003, 07:39 AM
This isn't a quote but when the gang arravies at Galbadia garden you see Zell doing pushups, a chick walks by and Zell looks up her dress. That was funny.

Rye
04-27-2003, 12:21 PM
Lol x.x That was hillarious! Pervert Zell! First he goes into the girl's bathroom, next he looks up their dresses. @.@

Rinoa_Heartilly
04-27-2003, 08:23 PM
One of my favorites was always when Selphie said
"WOOOHOOO, WE'RE FLYING"

I don't know why it is one of my favs., but almost everything they say is one of my favs no mattter what category it would be under.

Blackmage
04-28-2003, 02:53 AM
"Great, I've got Chicken-wuss and a guy who just reached puberty on my team." - Seifer

Rye
04-28-2003, 08:35 PM
Lol I love that one! ^.^ Seifers really funny :)

zacks_clone
04-29-2003, 01:33 AM
i dont exactly remember this whole thing,but i found it abit funny.

i think it was in the desert prison,and they were escaping,and zell was running from guards.they start shooting and squall comes and saves zell.Zells hugging his legs and squall sorta pushes him off.kinda funny.:p

Big D
04-29-2003, 05:59 AM
Ah yes, the legendarily infamous 'crotch-nuzzling' incident.

Rye
04-29-2003, 08:21 PM
Lol! I love that part @.@ Squall couldn't shake him off, so he bopped him on the head with the bottom of his gunblade ^.^

zacks_clone
04-30-2003, 11:37 PM
ewww,i caint think of any more.maybe i need to go back an play it again....:D

iv heard zell chokes on a hotdog....would that be a funny scean?:p

Mo-Nercy
05-14-2003, 10:58 AM
I remember this scene in the Lunatic Pandora where Biggs is bitchin' about Seifer being their superior. Then Wedge is like:

Wedge: Why don't you quit then? *laughes*
Biggs: ...hey, you're right!
Wedge: Uhh...

LovesRinoa
05-14-2003, 01:52 PM
Zell in FH after talking to the Mayor..

"Man, that geezer pissed me off! Squall why didnt you tell him off!!"

Middle Aged Man in FH

"I love cats, yeah. You like cats??"
Yeah
No

Choose No and he says..

"HEartless son of a bitch.. I aint gonna share my secret wid' ju no mo"

Zenshen
05-14-2003, 02:43 PM
Example No. 1:

Selphie: "WOOOHOOO!!! Blow the place to smitherins!"

Example No. 2:

Dr. Kawoski: "Why Squall, it's so unusual to see you.....with a GIRL! Is she your girlfriend?"
*Squall selects no*
Squall: "I'm just showing her around"
Rinoa: "Hey, you could at least play around and say 'yes'."
Squall: "Ok then.......yes."
Rinoa: "Oh........you could say it like you mean it."
Squall: "......Whatever."
Dr. Kawoski: "Haha, you guys are cute."

Example No. 3:

*After Zell stares underneath the girls skirt whilst doing pushups, he realises he's falling behind in the count*

Zell: "Oh! Damn, gotta blitz it!"
*starts doing pushups extremely quickly*
Zell: "AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!"

:D

Big D
05-15-2003, 02:34 AM
Dr. Kadowaki: "Why Squall, it's so unusual to see you.....with a GIRL! Is she your girlfriend?"
*Squall selects no*
Squall: "I'm just showing her around"
Rinoa: "Hey, you could at least play around and say 'yes'."
Squall: "Ok then.......yes."
Rinoa: "Oh........you could say it like you mean it."
Squall: "......Whatever."
Dr. Kadowaki: "Haha, you guys are cute."This scene is even better if you play along with it. Rinoa has another temper-tantrum after Squall makes a very feeble but heart-felt attempt at humour.

Zenshen
05-15-2003, 01:44 PM
Hehe, Squall ATTEMPTING to be humourous and failing miserably makes him even funnier! :D

Another example:

*after the discover that Balamb Garden is mobile, Rinoa asks Squall for a tour of the place, here's if Squall agrees*

Rinoa: "What's this?
Squall: "The cafeteria."
Rinoa: "And that over there?"
Squall: "The parking lot."
Rinoa: "Look Squall, I really appreciate you taking me around and everything, but could you make this fun, like a normal tour?"
Squall thinks: What does she want from me?

Rye
05-15-2003, 05:03 PM
Lol! I love the part when u have to give order when the galbadians arrive, and you select the hotdogs ^.^

remi07
05-16-2003, 03:09 AM
Cant exactly remember what they say but when Squall knocks the guard down to save Zell in the Desert Prison and Quistis says somethin like "Gosh Squall, why did you run off without us? Is Zell really that important to you?"
And Squall just like, "oh god..."
i laugh at that every time!

Rinny Heartilly
05-16-2003, 06:47 AM
My personal favourtie, is after the first dream scene on the train on the way to timber. When Zell, Selphie and Squall are discussing, it, and i don't remember what Selphie says, but squall thinks to himself "I dreamt i was a moron..." I always find that really funny for some reason

SirenGriever
05-16-2003, 11:07 PM
I don't really remember how it goes but it was at the galbadian missle base and one of the guards asked what they're doing here and Selphie replies..."UP YOURS!! We're blowin' this place!" Or something like that. You can't help but not love Selphie...:D :D

:D "Squirrels Don't Cry!":D

It's like somethin' outta the Twilight Zone...It's like...Twlight Zoney...:whoa: :eek: :eek:

Kami
05-18-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by RikkuYuna89
Lol! I like when Quistis told everyone about the time when Zell drove the board into the girl's bathroom. Lol ^^ (I betcha the pig-tailed girl ran in to meet Zell)
I don't remember Quistis ever saying that.

Big D
05-19-2003, 12:06 AM
She says it if you bring her along when the party goes into Balamb after it's occupied by Galbadia.

Faris_the_guy
05-19-2003, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Big D
Ah yes, the legendarily infamous 'crotch-nuzzling' incident.

Don't seem to remember:(

remi07
05-20-2003, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Rinny Heartilly
My personal favourtie, is after the first dream scene on the train on the way to timber. When Zell, Selphie and Squall are discussing, it, and i don't remember what Selphie says, but squall thinks to himself "I dreamt i was a moron..." I always find that really funny for some reason

Yeah, that was funny!

I don't really remember how it goes but it was at the galbadian missle base and one of the guards asked what they're doing here and Selphie replies..."UP YOURS!! We're blowin' this place!" Or something like that. You can't help but not love Selphie...

That was funny too!!!

thelynchpin
05-20-2003, 09:49 AM
My favourite quote was when Cloud said to the Shinra guards near the beginning 'I don't have time for you guys' then jumped on the train from the bridge. Hillarious.

Faris_the_guy
05-20-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by thelynchpin
My favourite quote was when Cloud said to the Shinra guards near the beginning 'I don't have time for you guys' then jumped on the train from the bridge. Hillarious.

We're talking about Final Fantasy VIII.:eep:

Imperia
05-20-2003, 08:49 PM
My favorite is this one (I THINK this is how he said it):

"Those who make fun of geniuses are the ones who end up crying in the end" -Laguna

The last Kuja
05-21-2003, 12:25 AM
Quistis: Oh and seifer....DO NOT injure you partner while training.

*seifer looks at squall and hits his desk.

that was pretty funny

Ethéré
05-31-2003, 11:51 PM
This is when Quistis is talking to Squall in the secret area after the dance

Quistis: They told me that I failed as an instructor. Basically, that I lacked leadership qualities. I was a SeeD by the age of 15, got my instructor license at 17... It's only been a year since I got it... I wonder where I went wrong... I did my best... Are you listening?

Squall: Are you done yet...? I don't wanna talk about it. What am I supposed to say about other people's problems?

Quistis: I'm not asking you to say anything. I just want you to listen.

Squall: Then go talk to a wall.:mog:

Big D
06-01-2003, 01:47 AM
I like the scene at FH where the Fisherkid repeatedly damages the Junk Shop. When the shopkeeper is nearly strangled by the kid's fishing line (saved only by Squall's intervention), the old man is seriously unhappy and calls the kid a
"DUMBASS!"
I love that entire sequence.

Seifer's Incarnation
06-01-2003, 02:26 AM
I like it when they are on the way to balamb for SeeD exam And seifer says

Big D
06-01-2003, 03:33 AM
...and Seifer says what, exactly? He said quite a few interesting things about Squall and Zell during that little truck ride.

remi07
06-02-2003, 02:44 AM
I think its also funny when you are reading the "Garden Square" on the computer in the beginning, and the Quistis Trepie1 & someother person on there get in fight! umm, I guess you all prolly already know what it says and I'm to lazy to type it.

Garnet129
06-15-2003, 11:02 PM
Yeah, they're all like "I'm gonna kick your ass!" and stuff, and then Seifer and Xu post on there and everyone uses initials so they won't get in trouble...notice one of the people (talking about the availability of hot dogs) is Z.D....*cough*ZELL*cough* :)

Let's see, some quotes...hmm...the thing is coming up with some NOT already mentioned. Ah!

Squall (to Irvine): And what is your department?
Irvine: Why, guns and women, of course!

And also, there are two here that I remember seeing on a website of funny pictures from the game, but they also had some that they altered...I DO believe that these are really from the game.

Laguna: I reeeeeeaaaaally have to go to the bathroom! (on the cliff at the end of one of the flashbacks when the soldiers are all around them)

Laguna: There's a draft...on my butt... (when they're in the Lunatic Pandora and you investigate a corner)

If those aren't real, I'm deeply sorry, but they are funny. Anyway... *thinks*

"I'm not having anyone talk about me in the past tense!" It's about death so it's not really funny, but still, I find it funny...lol

"It must be a great life, just following orders..." Rinoa, picking on Squall

"And I bet he would have said "no one ordered me to escape" and stayed in there..." Again, Rinoa, picking on Squall

"I brought the wrong map..." Laguna

That's all I can come up with right now. ;)