PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Tactics ROM?

MateriaBladeVII
04-19-2003, 01:39 AM
Hey guys! I haven't been around for awhile but I'm back! Anyways, I was wondering can anyone help me find the Final Fantasy Tactics ROM? I searched and couldn't find it myself so I was hoping someone here could help me. One site I found said that there was no such thing as a FFT ROM and that can't be! There's a ROM for like every game ever made! I have it for PlayStation and I love this game- I wanna have it on my computer now so I can play it at school when I'm at my monitor. :laughing: Maybe it's like something exclusively made at one time and doesn't exist anymore? I'm confused! Someone please help me get this ROM!

Pancaek
04-19-2003, 01:56 AM
Whoever said that is right. There's no such thing as a ROM for Playstation games. There's an equivalent, however, and it's called an ISO. I'm not sure how they work, but I think it's like all the data on the CD packed into one huge file (600 MB or so?). I guess you'd just run it like you'd run a ROM.

DJZen
04-19-2003, 07:37 AM
If you have the disc, what do you need an ISO for?

Pancaek
04-19-2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by DJzen
If you have the disc, what do you need an ISO for?
I didn't read that part the first time around, but he's right. Just download ePSXe onto your computer at school, if you're allowed, and put your FFT disc in the CD drive. ePSXe plays game discs too.

gotenks_2322
04-19-2003, 10:20 PM
yea. do what they said. but if ya have reasons to not bring the game to school and you have a cd burner, you can create a ISO of the game yourself then burn it to a CD-R and take it to school. you can also burn an emulator such as ePSXe or VGS on the disc. the image of the disc(ISO) is about 516 mb. you can use clonecd to create an image, its pretty simple to do. most cd burning progs have a create image option,but clonecd is the easiest iv seen.

MateriaBladeVII
04-21-2003, 06:04 PM
Oh- so it's an ISO. Didn't know that. But anyway, ROM - ISO same difference right? Is there anyway to do this w/out the use of CDs though? Like if I could just download an emulator on the computer and the ISO (which I could download too from the net on the computer) would work on it? I dunno if that would work though. Sorry, maybe I'm just being naive. :laughing:

Pancaek
04-21-2003, 07:28 PM
You can download an emulator just fine, but ISOs might be hard to come by, seeing as they're so huge. If you have a CD, it'd be a lot more efficient to use that than have a 600 MB file sitting in your computer. If you really want an ISO, though, then it'd work just like the CD would. Good luck finding one. =)

DaRk TeMpLaR
04-27-2003, 03:53 PM
...If ure worried about haveing a 600 mb file on ure hard drive...just put the iso into a zip...the zip file is about 50 mb...just run psexe from the epsx menu

nr1reaper
04-27-2003, 05:31 PM
:mog: ..... but ´WHERE can i get the iso file? but not as .rar cuz it get error to unrar files for me!!!

Big Ogre Umaro
05-04-2003, 06:38 AM
You people obviously own the CD legal versions of the game. It's so obvious that you're owners of the actual game.

(I know this thread is old but c'mon)

ZeZipster
05-04-2003, 06:45 AM
I know a place that has the ISO with no .rar:
Your local gaming store.
Seriously just buy the freakin' game. If you don't have enough cash sell your soul on ebay.

Nearin
01-29-2009, 05:05 PM
Alrighty, Well this is only for people who bought the game and for which ever reason need to get another copy of it in an ISO, not for redistribution yada, yada, yada.

*snip*

But remeber, If you love a game, you should support it's developers, In a world where piracy is rampant, good game developers have to worry about every release. WE cut into thier profits, and in reality in the long run, we cut into the quality of our own games.

Shlup
01-31-2009, 05:40 AM
I'm sure the guy who posted this question six years ago will be greatly appreciative of your help; however, ROMS are illegal and, as such, we cannot have them here without getting in twubble.

Also, please don't post in threads that have died more than a month ago, let alone six years ago. The conversation is dead, let it rest in peace.

Thanks, bro.