PDA

View Full Version : Errrrrrr... Glitch?

DJZen
04-19-2003, 07:43 AM
Okay, on Winter Island I encountered a snow lion. I started drawing tons and tons of blizzard and berserk spells. I don't quite know when or how, but suddenly all the textures went 16 color on me. This is kinda hard to explain and I can't get a screenshot, but I finished the fight and everything happened just fine. I'm just wondering if anyone else encountered this, and if they did, did anything else happen?

Dazlar Bynon
04-19-2003, 08:13 AM
If you have the PC version this is easily explained, it starts with W and ends with indows or your video card is about to give up. There could still be other reasons!

Big D
04-19-2003, 10:14 AM
I've got a glitch, too... mine is on the PSX version.
...SPOILERS!...

When Squall and Rinoa have their little chat aboard the Ragnarok (the legendary 'Eyes on Me' scene), there are a couple of dialogue boxes that appear, and then disappear a moment later, before most of the text has appeared. It's impossible to read what they say... I'm worried that I may be missing something important.
It's been a while, but here's the script for 'my version' of this scene.

Rinoa (floating in the air): Hey!?
Rinoa sits on Squall's lap
<Mysterious momentary dialogue boxes above Squall and Rinoa>
Rinoa glances over her shoulder.
Squall: Now go sit down.

The rest of the scene proceeds without any further interruption to the dialogue.

Can somebody please tell me if there's something that I'm missing!?

PhoenixAsh
04-19-2003, 01:37 PM
Yeah I was annoyed by that so I reloaded and tried to see it a second time. It did it again so I shouted at the game that I hoped the Ragnarok would just crash. You know what it did! Then Sephiroth joined my party to make up for the loss.;)

Zifnab
04-19-2003, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Big D
...SPOILERS!...

When Squall and Rinoa have their little chat aboard the Ragnarok (the legendary 'Eyes on Me' scene), there are a couple of dialogue boxes that appear, and then disappear a moment later, before most of the text has appeared. It's impossible to read what they say... I'm worried that I may be missing something important.

The rest of the scene proceeds without any further interruption to the dialogue.

That happens to me too. I get the feeling that alot of text is missing, with Squall saying 'go sit down' before any real period of time goes by.
There's a part similar in FF7 where Barret is morning the death of Biggs, Wedge and Jessie at the park in Midgar, and alot of text can be missed. Though if you don't press circle to forward the dialogue, the text will actually appear by itself.
Does the Rinoa and Squall scene have the same bug in the PC version?

Rye
04-19-2003, 02:09 PM
That never happened to me. However once, in the missle base my colors when Red and Black. I couldn't read the text very well. It was a big pain!

Dazlar Bynon
04-19-2003, 02:11 PM
Well there are dialog things I'm sure, but I can't recall were and how much there are!

I notice that dialog go over each otherso you can't see the earlier boxes completely, if that's what you mean. Also an occasional not/barely enough time to read. Really annoying!!!

Erdrick Holmes
04-19-2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Big D
...SPOILERS!...

That has never happened to me and I got the PSX version.

DJZen
04-19-2003, 10:17 PM
I'm playing the PSX version on a PS2. This came up again when I fought a bunch of Fastofalcion (sp? you know, those fish things!) in the Galbadia desert, only this time the discoloration remained on any text or windows even AFTER the fight! Fortunately it clearned up after I saved and restarted, but this is seriously worrying me.....

Oh! I know! It's probably an effect of time compression! :D

Dazlar Bynon
04-19-2003, 10:30 PM
Well your PS2 could be beginning to 'die', but it's most likely that it's a minor error in the calculations - I mean ofcource the transmission of a signal, which is used a lot in calculations - or something of the like, I wouldn't worry unless it occurs a lot and also with more games!

Rye
04-19-2003, 10:37 PM
I can't play FFVIII on PS2. Well I can only play the first to discs on it. The same goes or my other PSX games :(

Lord Xehanort
04-25-2003, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by Phoenix 17
Sephiroth joined my party.;)

Horseshit!

Kimera 726
04-25-2003, 10:42 AM
^
|
|
|
|
|
SPAM

I've had glitches too, although I usually think it's cause I let the CD run for a long time. Usually during a battle, when the camera changes positions, it suddenly gives me the brown, 16 bit color scheme making the characters all gross and stuff. It takes a GF summon to correct this, and those who disappeared during the summon turn out alright, but their other characters are in decal form.

Squall2
04-25-2003, 12:00 PM
Has anyone had the same problem as me? When i tried to go to trabia garden I had to go round the island closest to hell(might be heaven i think) anyway, i could not because these black blocks ,when i accelerate with garden, just suddenty appear in the water bloking me from going round there. has anyone had the same problem?
******Please look at my post by squall2:D ******

Blackmage
04-26-2003, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by DJzen
I'm playing the PSX version on a PS2.

Eh, that could be your problem right there. The PS2 doesn't emulate PSX games exactly the way they should be, particularly if you pay close enough attention to the graphics. Have you been messing around with the Version settings on the main screen?

TheAbominatrix
07-23-2003, 02:26 PM
For those of you missing out on the Squall/Rinoa conversation...

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff8/text/script/ff8d3script.txt

wax
07-23-2003, 04:43 PM
I think i've had almost all of those glitches occur while i was playing, i blame it on my PS2, it was on its last leg, 3 days later is stopped working completely, but i got lucky and when i called tech support they offered to fix it for free.

Big D
07-24-2003, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by TheAbominatrix
For those of you missing out on the Squall/Rinoa conversation...

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff8/text/script/ff8d3script.txt Thanks!
*Checks script*

Seems I wasn't missing anything, after all. Those brief, empty dialogue boxes I mentioned didn't contain anything at all.

That's awfully good to know.:)

robfinalfantasy
07-30-2003, 02:58 AM
This has happened to me various times while fighting Elynole in Esthar.

§håd0w
08-10-2003, 12:31 AM
yeah, happened to me once. also when u soft reset on most of the discs, the opening sequences glitch like a bitch dude.