PDA

View Full Version : HARDEST BOSS IN FF9

the blitzer
04-19-2003, 04:55 PM
IT IS OZMA HE IS REALLY HARD TO BEAT EVEN WITH WITH LOADS OF TRAINING.

m4tt
04-19-2003, 07:34 PM
Can you PLEASE stop typing in all caps? It is very annoying.

Ozma is the hardest.

Phil
04-21-2003, 03:24 AM
i never acutally "fought" the earth gaurdian. zidane went into a trance after quina died so i just dyned his arse off. it was very easy.

Silent Warrior
04-22-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Gau
Can you PLEASE stop typing in all caps? It is very annoying.

Seconded, thirded, and fourthed...

[Ozma+=1]

Big D
04-24-2003, 05:27 AM
*votes 'Ozma'*

Ozma was quite a challenge, even compared to Necron, who also took quite a bit of killing initially.

However, with the appropriate levels, abilities and equipment, no opponent is too difficult.

Oh, I agree about the whole 'caps lock' thing.

Kimera 726
04-24-2003, 06:41 AM
Yeah, stop it before I make this a bannable issue.

Ozma is hard. Big D is right, with the appropiate levels, anything is easy. THe thing about FF9 is that there's a lot of things you can activate to make you practically immune to elements, immune to status effects. But there are some things that can't be dodged.

In any case, I would normally tie between Ozma and Necron. Both of them inflict status effects at a given time and have hard hitting attacks. But the thing is Ozma never misses, so Ozma beats Necron in the difficulty contest.

Blackmage
04-30-2003, 12:04 AM
Dude, this poll is basically pointless. Ozma ownz everybody. Ozma made me scared to ever look at a pretty-colored marble again.

...Beware the marbles...they're out to get you...

Oh, and do stop typing in all caps or I will be forced to label you as n00b.

ultima buster
04-30-2003, 10:14 AM
ozma was easy. all i did was use no mercy on him with amarant to change his status to holy. then ozma and vivi keeped on using doomsday. of cause everybody had shadow absorbing armor on. i.e this keeped on healing me party and hitting ozma for 9999

FFT_Lancer
05-02-2003, 10:25 PM
Smart tactic Ultima, but it's not like you're going to get him vulnerable to holy every time, but i still haven't beaten ozma after quite a few tries, but i never really tried hard enough, and even Necron is super easy, i've beaten him on my first try every time, and hades only hit me once through out the whole battle

Iori
05-04-2003, 09:43 AM
LORD GIZAMALUKE OWNS OZMA!!!!!!! rofl

im stuck..on... gizamaluke...why?....because Ziddie has a mage masher....and for some odd reason, i cant get into lindblum, to go shopping for more, so.... what to do?

quina takes alotta damage, but she dishes it out as well...Freya, is almost ALWAYS in the sky...and vivi is ALWAYS casting fire or thunder, and zidane has a bunk weapon, so he only does about 150-200 at lvl 11...

Linus
05-04-2003, 04:05 PM
Beatrix the first time is harder than all other bosses in the game. It's like, you can't win.

Mr. Graves
05-04-2003, 04:08 PM
I picked Necron.

Skogs
05-05-2003, 02:50 PM
Never got around to fighting Ozma... I guess I should at some point. Necron was pretty darn tough with Zidane around the level 70s. Hades was more of a pushover than I though he'd be...

Blackmage
05-05-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by ultima buster
ozma was easy. all i did was use no mercy on him with amarant to change his status to holy. then ozma and vivi keeped on using doomsday. of cause everybody had shadow absorbing armor on. i.e this keeped on healing me party and hitting ozma for 9999

I did the same thing when I beat him. I think it's basically luck that decides if you win or lose. If he casts Meteor, you lose; if he does Curse, you'll probably lose. Unless you have massive status protection, really really high speed to keep Auto-Life on all of your team, or something like that. The only time I bothered to beat him, he didn't cast either spell.

Kurohime
05-06-2003, 12:23 AM
Hehe, I had such a hard time on CACTAURS! :P

The toughtest boss for me the first time I played was Tiamat. Me being the FF9 newb I was, I didn't really know what abilities protected against what, so she'd hit me with heat, and my auto-potioning characters all dropped dead. Game over. Four times. :P

Ozma can be a challenge. Necron can also a challenge. Now I can beat them no problem!

But any boss can be hard or easy depending on your prep work!! Going for ExcaliburII, even Giza gave me a headache! I was only at level 7, so nine game overs before I finally beat him! And Beatrix was TWELVE game overs before I beat her!

Rude
05-06-2003, 03:21 PM
Tiamat was by far the most annoying boss in the whole game. The attacks that it casts that cause your stats to go down made that battle HELLACIOUSLY long. I think it took me 35 minutes to beat it. Luckily I had it silenced so it couldn't do all of its primary wind attacks and was limited to physical attacks and the status reducing attacks. Still a very annoying battle.

EvenAngelsFall
05-07-2003, 06:55 PM
What was the thing in the Sky Chocobo Tresure place, that big round thing that you can choose to fight, he was the hardest.

~EvenAngelsfall

Faris_the_guy
05-11-2003, 01:03 AM
a+omza=b
a=imposibly b-hard

FFboy4ever
05-30-2003, 02:01 AM
ozma ozma ozma.....i fought him once.....once....isn't it an eidolen also i'm mean you can't get him but.....i'm pretty sure...

SephirothsAngel
05-30-2003, 08:48 PM
I have to say that Necron was the hardest boss for me, for some reason, whenever he did Grand Cross, it always leveled my characters. Ozma was easy to me; I used Freya, Zidane, Eiko, and Steiner and made Freya use Dragon's Crest, Steiner use Shock, Eiko heal, and Zidane steal or use Dark Matter. Since I had 99 Pheonix Downs, Phoenix always revived my characters. Freya's Dragon Crest technique does the same damage even when she's in Mini status and with just the right weapon it does 9999 always. I got this strategy off a website but I can't remember which one, but I've never lost!

Eyece
05-31-2003, 03:42 AM
The name escapes me, for it has been awhile since I finished FF9...But the dude the boss in gizmaluke's grotto, the big lizardish thing (I think he was a huge lizard, my memory is pretty bad) but I just couldn't take him down for a long ass time...I hadn't leveled my characters much, was running away from most fights I got into, and kept dying.

Rude
05-31-2003, 01:32 PM
That would be Master Gizmaluke.

KentucyFriedChocobo
05-31-2003, 08:03 PM
Ozma is, without a shadow of a doubt, the most difficult boss in the game. In my case, strategy was rendered useless; I had to rely purely on luck.

And even those they aren't bosses, those evil, devious, icky, monstrous, dispicable Yans get my vote as the most frustrating enemies in the game. I abhor those sheeplings of death...

Evelia
06-02-2003, 03:37 PM
I haven't tried beating Ozma yet, so... Necron. He was REALLY hard for me to beat, mainly because of the whole status effect thing. Gah, that was annoying.

Solution IX
06-02-2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Kurohime
Hehe, I had such a hard time on CACTAURS! :P

*agrees*

Tiamat was annoying, mainly because it could blow you off the screen, but ozma was the hardest

Lamia
06-03-2003, 10:03 AM
LORD GIZAMALUKE.

I haven't gotten to fight Ozma or Necron..or any of them yet. But so far..., that is the first boss enemy that actually killed me. I am at the point where you have to find these plates or something on disc 3.
I see some people had difficulty with Beatrix.., hmm, she never gave me a problem... I got past her first time each time I had to face her. *shrug*

MagicKnight Locke
06-09-2003, 10:25 PM
I say Gizamaluke and Scarlet Hair

Liquid Glass
06-10-2003, 03:17 AM
Necron, and the 3rd beatrix were hardest for me when I first played...Beatrix mainly because I got screwed over with the Zorn and Thorn. :( All of my characters in the yellow and no healing items. So it pains me to say but I cheated to get by her. Then on Necron....I could barely touch him before he killed me! I Don't even remember getting by deathguise. So Alas I also cheated on Necron.

Gameshark: Boss with 0 hp code. That didnt work. When I tried the last kuja He disappeared and my characters just sat there. So...
I checked a video tape my friend had on gameshark codes and I changed the last part of the code.

000 to 001
so they would only have 1 hp...you get the idea.

I hate how I cheated, so I'm going through it without cheating. Lost my old memory card so I had to start ALL the way over, which I wanted to do...since I havent played ff9 in over 2 years. I think I like this game a tiny bit more than ff7. :P Right now after 5 days of playing i'm on disc 3 the treno tourament. So got a long ways to go.

Also: when is the best time to start up on the Ozma sidequest?

Tiamat is a jerk..:P

Rude
06-10-2003, 07:28 PM
You want to know who is hard? The Tantarian in the Alexandria library. I still haven't beaten that thing and I've tried roughly 15 times now.

m4tt
06-10-2003, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Rude
You want to know who is hard? The Tantarian in the Alexandria library. I still haven't beaten that thing and I've tried roughly 15 times now.

I beat that thing the last time I played. It was pretty tough, I had to revive my characters a lot of times, but I killed it. :D

Dragonus
06-14-2003, 01:46 AM
HP wise it has to be Quale.

But the hardest boss I found every time I played the game has to be Ozma. His LV is 99 so he is the most powerful boss out of them all, but he has shite HP compared to a few other bosses. But, yea...Ozma is the only challenege that I still find in FFIX

Demitri_Maximov
06-14-2003, 08:44 AM
Rude, are you talking about the book? That wasn't too hard. I just attacked and then healed every other turn.

Sapphire
06-14-2003, 09:01 AM
Gizamaluke can be very tough, but if you inflict Silence on him with Zidane's weapon, he's a piece of cake. :p

Ozma's still the toughest in my opinion.. I trained like mad just to get powerful enough to defeat him. And while Necron was kinda difficult, you can still beat him without putting in that much effort.. so, yeah. :)

MouseRag
06-14-2003, 09:31 PM
*gargle gargle* dude, youll all wrong! Malaris was THE SHIZZY at being hard.

Noa
06-16-2003, 11:29 AM
Defenitly Ozma. I tried and tried and tried but he didn't want to die ;_;

Rude
06-16-2003, 07:40 PM
Rude, are you talking about the book? That wasn't too hard. I just attacked and then healed every other turn.

Yes, the book is what I'm talking about. Paper storm royally owns my characters (and they are all back-rowed!). If I could manage to get the book to open with all 4 party members still alive I would be able to beat it, but I've yet to be able to do so.

Demitri_Maximov
06-17-2003, 01:58 AM
What level are you at? I was at level 58 at that point. Like I said, I stay and level up a lot so I won't have problems with bosses. HEH HEH HEH!

Rude
06-17-2003, 06:20 PM
That would explain why... my level is somewhere in the teens still.

And I'm not even going to spend time leveling as that is extremely boring and takes out any challenge at all. I may have fought the thing 10+ times now, but I'm going to continue until I do beat it where I'm at.

Freya Coral
08-03-2003, 03:47 AM
[SB]
And even those they aren't bosses, those evil, devious, icky, monstrous, dispicable Yans get my vote as the most frustrating enemies in the game. I abhor those sheeplings of death...

Absolutely!! (But then, I haven't tried fighting Ozma yet.) I was lucky when I was looking for the Friendly Yans. I back attacked some evil Yans, and it only knocked one of my characters out with Snort. But the other three were alive when I defeated them. :D

So far, the hardest boss has been Kuja (normal form).

ShadyMilkman
08-20-2003, 02:57 AM
... Lemme tell the truth here. I beat Ozma with Quina alone.. nobody else.. at level 65. Quale on the other hand kicked my ass 10 times in a row..... what does that mean????

Kuja's Baby Girl
08-21-2003, 01:11 PM
i would have to say necron....hard guy....

ShadyMilkman
08-22-2003, 12:35 AM
Necron, you say? Yeah, he's got mad speed. But he is a bit status-reliant. Quina is your best friend. I'm just surprised nobody else had trouble wit Quan......??? Oh, and by the way, I got Headmaster Cid when I took that test too!!!! ^_^

Ashley2
09-07-2003, 09:39 PM
KUJA RULEZ!!!

a_priebe47
09-14-2003, 08:00 AM
Whose Ozma? LoL. I never did do much with chocobo's my first time around. I personally found Ark to be very hard. First off, his stupid propellar attack which confuses the entire party, aswell as his photons which reduce your hp to 1. But, if you can get 2 grand lethals off, he's a gonner. Is necron the very last dude you fight before the Lifa Tree starts assimilating Gaia? (the guy on Moaning hill)

ShadyMilkman
09-14-2003, 08:17 PM
(1) Ozma is a massive, swirling globe of dead Eidolons. He was designed to be the hardest fight, though i beat him with Quina pretty easily. Yes, you need Choco to get to him.(2) Ark? The first time I played the game, I forgot that Oeilvert had the magic lock, and ended up taking Eiko, Vivi, and Freya. And I don't remember having any problems at all to be honest. And there is no point is using Grand Lethal against a single opponent. Solution 9 is jus as good.(3) Yes, Necron is the final fight.....and the Iifa tree doesn't assimilate Gaia by itself. Assimilate is a synonym of combime. So, though the Iifa tree plays a role in the process, it requires two planets to assimilate them. Enter: Terra. The Iifa tree is Terra's link to Gaia. So, that's why it reacted. To help Terra and Gaia assimilate into one planet. This really left the story open to a sequel. Which I still hope and pray that they will make.