PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone wanna make a FFVIII character shrine with me?

Rye
04-19-2003, 08:20 PM
Does anyone wanna make a FFVIII character shrine
with me?

I can do really only basic HTML, but I'm always online so I can make updates and scout for news. Also I love to type and I have agrreat sense of humor so I can think of ideas for an entertainment section.

ChibiInuYasha
04-19-2003, 08:43 PM
...huh? :(

Bahamut2000X
04-19-2003, 08:49 PM
Umm do you mean make a website? I'ld be happy to help out, depsite my lack of knowledge of anything computer related in the super technical terms and all that mumbo jumbo stuff. *is unqualified* Ah well if ya need something simple I could probally do it.

Dazlar Bynon
04-19-2003, 09:06 PM
You can always ask if you need anything, I'd be happy to lend a hand. :rock:

I'll attach some backgrounds at once!

Dazlar Bynon
04-19-2003, 09:48 PM
It keeps failing so I'll try in steps!

Dazlar Bynon
04-19-2003, 09:50 PM
Here goes #2

Dazlar Bynon
04-19-2003, 09:53 PM

Dazlar Bynon
04-19-2003, 09:55 PM

Dazlar Bynon
04-19-2003, 09:59 PM
#5 is posted in the gunblade thread, so I'll add some portraits. I appologize for the inconvinience!

Rye
04-19-2003, 10:21 PM
thanks! A character shrine is a website, just dedicated to a character. ^.^

I'm not sure what character to do it on. I think I'll do it on Squall, maybe rinoa.

Dazlar Bynon
04-19-2003, 10:56 PM
You could make one for every character, reachable from a main character site. You could create some sort of 'council' where you are in and everyone that helps.

:angel: <== Rinoa in Limit Break Mode!!!

Rye
04-19-2003, 11:01 PM
Cool ^.^ I'd love to make a website with a whole bunch of people. It'd be easier to manage, and it'd always be updated because there are many to people to help :)

Bahamut2000X
04-19-2003, 11:07 PM
Well if you need help collecting and managing info on all the charcters I could be of some help.

ChibiInuYasha
04-20-2003, 05:10 AM
I'm such an idiot! I misread it as shine instead of shrine :hits self w/ brick: :cry: I'd like to help if I'm need for anything!

IamTidus
04-20-2003, 05:40 AM
I would also like to help if you would want it I got all kinds of FFVIII pics, Wallpapers, GIFS, and MIDIS. if you could use them or if you want them

Psychotic
04-20-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by RikkuYuna89
thanks! A character shrine is a website, just dedicated to a character. ^.^

I'm not sure what character to do it on. I think I'll do it on Squall, maybe rinoa.

Do it on Squall! Do it on Squall, I say! And call it ...Whatever

Remember - SQUALL!!!!!!!! Because he is just funny, until disc 3. So make it a kind of pre-disc 3 Squall shrine. That'd be good.

Rye
04-20-2003, 12:39 PM
Thanks!!!! I think I will do it on Squall, because he is really cool. Umm... I wanna call it something that has to do with a gunblade. Thanks for helping me :) you'll all get credit for your help. I wanna make the layout sorta in a BLOG form (click HERE (http://tina.garnet.nu/eiko/) for a FFIX shrine in blog form) I know some people that can do BLOG layouts like that. (on neopets *blushes* )

Dazlar Bynon
04-20-2003, 01:33 PM
How about Renzokuken, it's a powerfull name!

Rye
04-20-2003, 01:50 PM
Yeah I like that! Maybe Fated Circle... I'm not sure ^.^

I'm not sure If I should use a layout in Day Dream Graphics or If I should find someone to make me my own. :( I wish I could do layout.

Dazlar Bynon
04-20-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by RikkuYuna89
Yeah I like that! Maybe Fated Circle... I'm not sure ^.^

I wouldn't do Fated Circle, because not every gunblade can make those... So Rough Divide would also be a good name, it's your call however! :angel:

Rye
04-20-2003, 03:41 PM
I like Rough Divide ^.^ I lost all my money on neopets so I can't hire someone there to make the layout :grr:

Cyan_Lightning
04-20-2003, 05:18 PM
I'd be happy to help. I'm not much for HTML coding myself, but perhaps I could assist in other areas.

Just let me know if there's anything I can do.

As for the title, Rough Divide sounds good. Another idea could be 'Punishment', I'm sure you'll choose something appropriate.

Kimera 726
04-20-2003, 07:04 PM
Sorry I'm working on a project in school that involves making webpages with Dreamweaver 4. If you can get Dreamweaver, that's your best source for creating web pages btw.

Also, for the shrine, I kind of like the Rough Divide. Good call. =]

One more thing, if you need images of the game, FMV and gameplay, I think I can provide them for you with some effort. I can't guarantee its quality though. :-/

Rye
04-20-2003, 07:31 PM
Thanks :) I think I will call it Rough Divide, it's a cool name. Now I just have to find some Images I want for the layout and find a Layout maker and pester them until they help. :)

Edit: Scratch that! I think I found a pretty cool Squall picture right ... here (http://www.angelfire.com/bc2/Pandora/Squallpic.html) or another this cool one here (http://www.angelfire.com/bc2/Pandora/Squallandblade.html)

Dazlar Bynon
04-20-2003, 07:58 PM
One of those looks like Bbrd5 I posted in the Thread about 'gunblades' except for the V that is in there (so mine is a little better, I think) I'll add it here as well for if you can't find it!

Rye
04-20-2003, 11:48 PM
Thanks! Now I don't have that weired V on my gunblade pic! :D

lonely
12-30-2003, 03:07 PM
FF8 Charater shrine? well that sounds interesting!
Why not, i'd love to help you make one!

ShivaBlizzard8
12-30-2003, 09:42 PM
I can't wait to see it guys, and have fun. Let me just suggest a few things - there are a lot of FF8 character shrines out there, especially focusing on Squall or Rinoa. To make yours stand out, I'd take a look at some of the other ones out there and see what they're lacking, or what you, as a visitor, wish that they had. Then put those things on your website. You can find many of these listed at the FF Shrine Finder: http://www.hollowmind.net/shrines/
Just click on the FF8 section.
Also, these sites would make good affiliates so that more people would be able to connect with your own site - you shoudl def. submit it to the FFSF since it gets quite a few visitors. FFSF also has articles in its Ect. section on how to make a shrine original. Good luck! :)

Mo-Nercy
12-31-2003, 05:49 AM
Took the words right outta my mouth Shiva.

Anyhoo. *shows a sword* Take a good look at this sword for it's going to be the last time you see in not drenched in your own innards...unless I'm on the team.

I'm good with HTML. I've given designing websites a few tries and they're never really that good IMO. But the folks at ProjectOne.tk seem to like the job I did.

Which web host are you going with?

selphie666
01-31-2004, 05:05 PM
I wanna help too! I'm not that good with HTML, but if you ever need someone to research stuff, find pics, find gifs, or wallpapers, or anything just let me know! I'm usually always on this site.
Oh, and I also have most of the FF VIII midis if you're interested.

Kami
02-01-2004, 12:01 AM
I'll help out too. I can probably take care of the fanart or any art.

Ranti
02-01-2004, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by Al Bhed³
I'm good with HTML. I've given designing websites a few tries and they're never really that good IMO. But the folks at ProjectOne.tk seem to like the job I did.

yup, you did quite a nice job there...too bad the guy who started it got rid of it. Anyways, if there is anything left, I'll help. I'm getting in some practice with html as well as working with pics to make collage backgrounds and implementing midis with them. I'm open for suggestions as to what I can help you with.

Baloki
02-01-2004, 10:46 AM
Will help with the coding side of things if hes needed...

Shooting Star
07-09-2005, 06:09 PM
i'll get character pics and info etc!!! :D im good at that! :D im doing my own website at the moment! it's called "final fantasy just a dream?" it's not on the internet yet but...

Holy_Aeris
07-09-2005, 06:26 PM
Oooo i would like to help to!!! (even know i dont know how to do stuff!)
I'm good at finding pictures too!!!! I'm always online aswell!

rubah
07-09-2005, 06:56 PM
I doubt plans are still going through after a year and a half of no posts.

Del Murder
07-10-2005, 07:13 AM
Yes. :)