PDA

View Full Version : Tactics for Seymour

Phil
04-20-2003, 02:18 PM
Ok this is kinda lame.....but i cant beat the first seymore. i get past Anima and i have usually 2 people alive, one of which is about to die. the other one is yuna......and we all know how well she fights. does anybody have any battle stratigies that can help me??

Psychotic
04-20-2003, 02:25 PM
It's best to get all Aeons and chars into overdrive, and let rip. Remember to dismiss your aeons straight after doing the overdrive, and you can use them as cannon fodder for Anima's overdrive(Use Shield). That's about it, really.

Pancaek
04-20-2003, 07:06 PM
Pretty much what Psychotic said. If I remember correctly, Anima likes to use Pain a lot, so when she kills your guys just revive them with Phoenix Downs and don't bother curing. Then when Anima's about to do her Overdrive, send out an aeon that you don't care much about and let her kill it. Just repeat that until she dies.

For the next Seymour after that, be sure to heal everyone and have Yuna cast the appropriate Nul spells. I think the rest is about the same as what you did to him before Anima.

Kimera 726
04-20-2003, 07:19 PM
Better to go Aeon vs. Aeon. Never forget the advice that Tidus gives (I think if he's in your current party). I suggest you use it.

Helpful point of advice, these kinda fights is best for Aeons like Ifrit, Shiva, and Valefor. Never forget that they're elemental aeons. Simply cast Fira on Ifrit etc. to regenerate hp.

Pancaek
04-21-2003, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Kimera 726
Helpful point of advice, these kinda fights is best for Aeons like Ifrit, Shiva, and Valefor. Never forget that they're elemental aeons.
Valefor's elemental? What element is he?

Kimera 726
04-21-2003, 02:30 AM
Valefor is non-elemental. So I usually teach her Cure, Cura, and Curaga. Same with Bahamut and the others (but that ain't for a while mister!).

Pancaek
04-21-2003, 02:53 AM
Oh, okay. Thought so. I've never really bothered with aeons that much.

GhandiOwnsYou
05-04-2003, 03:17 PM
I know ididn't ask bu7t thanks for the help anyways. one question though, you said shiva? Where'd shiva come from? at thids point all i've got is ifrit valefor and and whatever that unicorn thing is *i renamed it Ramaan, so i don't remember the original name*

The game is so straitfoward i never really saw a chance to head off on a sidequest if that where it came from.

Cyan_Lightning
05-05-2003, 11:43 AM
In response to your question, SocietyzAntidote, you already have Shiva - she is the aeon obtained when Yuna goes to the Cloister of Trials with Seymour. In your aeon selection screen her character comes up as ???? - though you can still summon her.

Where vincent06's query is concerned, I'd just have to reiterate what everyone else said - use your aeons as shields and let off as many overdrives as you can. Try not to give her a chance to pull of oblivion.

fallen_cloud
05-06-2003, 02:35 AM
It's a good strategy with any boss. Until you teach Yuna Holy and Ultima, that is.

Auron_Kotetsu
05-08-2003, 06:02 PM
another thing: i'm not sure where you would have last saved, therefore whether or not this is of any use. but it's vital to always have all your players at an overdrive before any boss battle, this one being no exception. also, seymour casts his elemental spells in a certain order; i think it's ice>lightning>water>fire. this means that, before he casts, you can have Yuna cast the appropriate "Nul" spell; don't underestimate Yuna's usefulness. in battles like this, she's invaluable. Other than that, i'd say keep an aeon up for all of Anima. He can't kill them with Pain, so that should do you well. good luck, post again if you still can't get him.