PDA

View Full Version : Shocked!

Excalibur
04-20-2003, 03:49 PM
Shockingly, today i was checking out gamesradar.com, and to my horror i found a very poor review of final fantasy X.

http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/news/default.asp?subsectionid=158&articleid=59023&pagetype=2

Disturbed!!!

Rye
04-20-2003, 03:58 PM
:eek: *gasps!* :whoa:

@.@ I'm surprised! I thought the game was the best (FFX and FFVIII ARE MY FAVS!) Oh well their opinion I guess :grr: ...

Mr. Graves
04-20-2003, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by RikkuYuna89
@.@ I'm surprised! I thought the game was the best (FFX and FFVIII ARE MY FAVS!) Oh well their opinion I guess :grr: ...

You havent played the earlier FFs before FF8. You need to know the series' roots to truly understand the article.

I agree with alot of what the article says, expect for the fact that FF10 was a bad game. It was pretty good.

But, yeah, I really don't agree with the way Square-Enix is taking the series. But I'll actually see what develops before I form an actual opinion.

Pancaek
04-20-2003, 07:00 PM
They do have a point, because FFX was more like an interactive movie than a real game. It wasn't totally up to par, but I still liked it. The linearity was a nice break from the other FFs. I just hope they don't continue that with FF12.

Kimera 726
04-20-2003, 07:23 PM
Ha. There's always a poor review of every Final Fantasy. Just haven't seen X yet. In 8 and 9, they call Zidane and Kuja gay bros and Squall as "dickless, and thus...". Also they make a lot of derogatory stuff about the characters and brag about how bad the producers were to make the game, like "Hmmmm. The game is short. I know! Let's lower the time it takes to create monsters! I find it best not to trust those kinda reviews. Then again, I trust noone. Best to play for yourself.

Rye
04-20-2003, 07:28 PM
Woah! They said that about ZIDANE!? He the last person I would expect of that...

I like to read reviews but I don't trust them.

Excalibur
04-20-2003, 08:38 PM
I have played it, and think its really good; so I emailed a guy who works on the website that put across that review (not related to the website, review was from a magazine) and asked him, shouldnt you check things out before you air them on your website. The magazine seem content with trying to make themselves look good by putting down games, that no-one who works for them could possibly imagine creating.

Sorry for the harsh words, but thats how i feel. Although i guess, as rikkuyuna89 said, "there entitled to there opinion:grr:
Ha

Rainecloud
04-20-2003, 09:08 PM
I disagree with the review. That's all I have to say, really.

Remember - everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Rye
04-20-2003, 11:32 PM
Yeah... Why don't we all just go find good reviews and post them ^.^

Excalibur
04-21-2003, 08:51 AM
Swish.......

http://www.epinions.com/content_55595667076
Looks like you have to look for kids to find people with brains :D

Kimera 726
04-21-2003, 08:54 AM
Exactly

Rye
04-21-2003, 01:38 PM
That's a good review! ^.^

Psychotic
04-21-2003, 06:49 PM
I agree what Mr. Graves said pretty much.

FFX as a game, is a good game, an outstanding game in fact, but as a Final Fantasy, it is poor.

I quote RikkuYuna89 here

@.@ I'm surprised! I thought the game was the best (FFX and FFVIII ARE MY FAVS!)

You've only played 3 Final Fantasys, correct me if I am wrong, so that's not really a lot to go on in terms of comparisions to other FFs.

But, EVERY Final Fantasy has been a superb game, although compared to each other, some are poor, although which ones are down to personal opinion, of course. I for one disliked FF8 the most, then FFI then FFX (like the sig says, FF3 is what I am currently trying to complete, but my opinion of that currently isn't too high...)

But, that was a GamesRadar review. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Final Fantasy X was one of the four(?) games nominated in the GamesRadar game of the year at the gamestars awards. OK, so it didn't win(I think it was Halo that won) but why would they do that if they hated it so much?

Rainecloud
04-21-2003, 07:42 PM
GamesRadar contradict themselves every day. It's a farce.

Rye
04-21-2003, 07:45 PM
You've only played 3 Final Fantasys, correct me if I am wrong, so that's not really a lot to go on in terms of comparisions to other FFs.

Yeah, a very little bit of FF7. I'm planning on playing more, but I can't find them. The oldest ones I can find are FF1 and FF2. But, that was a GamesRadar review.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Final Fantasy X was one of the four(?) games nominated in the GamesRadar game of the year at the gamestars awards. OK, so it didn't win(I think it was Halo that won) but why would they do that if they hated it so much?

They must hate all the rest more. :p

PhoenixAsh
04-22-2003, 12:07 AM
Okay I haven't read those reviews, but you really shouldn't be surprised if FFX gets a bad review as a game.

For a start, only certain people like RPGs, even fewer like random battles. FFX was not a good example of a game even with these restrictions.

The mini games were torture put simply, they weren't fun, they just took a long time and were neccessary if you wanted any good items. Or in some cases just to get to the end. You also had to repeat several for no good reason.

The gameplay was severely limited, I mean it doesn't matter how twisty you make a path, if that's the only place you can go, and you get stopped at random when you just wanna get to the end, only a few people are gonna find it fun.

The story, although some people will like it, will only appeal to some people. It also contained a huge amount of unskippable scenes of standing around talking. Many of the characters are annoying also, and will only be liked by some people.

Now I liked the game, because I'm an FF fan, I can easily see why a lot of people wouldn't however.