PDA

View Full Version : I'm changing my mind!!!!!!!

Master.Pug
04-20-2003, 07:34 PM
the first time I've beaten FFII(via NES-Emulator), I was really angry about the "stupid" statsystem!
It took lots of hours to get your chars strong...

now, after I've beaten the game 4 times(3-times-NES, 1-time-WSC) I LOVE the game!!!
the story, characters + the leveling system are a nice, its challenging(if you don't level up too much!) and its fun to fight the Emperor without Bloodswords ;)

but there is one thing I dislike!
extremely easy bosses! like in FF9, there isn't a special challenge because most boss monsters are alot easier than a package of hard monsters!

still, I like the game alot!!

it reaches Nr.6 in my fav-game-list ;)

1:FFVI
1:FFVII(both unbeatable)
3:Chrono Trigger
4:FFIX
4:FFIV(both I like as much)
6:FFII
6:Diablo II - LOD

Psychotic
04-21-2003, 07:35 PM
Wait till you play it on Origins, that's great :D I liked it on Origins, on the NES I just didn't have the willpower to play it(Although I did FFI alright, although currently I don't have the will power to take on FFIII that much)

I totally agree about the lack of hard bosses, to me, random encounters were a nightmare, and were harder than the bosses. I kept memo-saving it every few steps in case of a hard battle. But FFII is an underatted game, the only major problem was that most of the game's gameplay was "Now we need you to go to [location] with [character] in order to get [item], although in order to get [item] you'll need to go to the bottom of [cave] in order to get a [item2]" over and over again, which just left me feeling drained and demoralised - after dragging my way through one ordeal, I have to go through another one.

I still like it though!

Yeargdribble
04-22-2003, 04:01 AM
Well Psychotic... you've GOTTA play FF III... I do understand about the lack of will thought.

I got through FF I... couldn't will myself well into FF II and FF III took me about 4 tries spanning about 2 years before I finally made it past some of the rather crappy early points and then I was just like WOW for the rest of the game. FF III rests very near the top of my list of FFs.

FF VI
FF IX
FF III
FF VII etc etc... (Yeah... it impressed me that much)

Psychotic
04-22-2003, 06:54 PM
I had a great time playing it today - I was stalked by Cid for a period of time, before helping his sick wife. As a reward, he let me go into a treasure room, yet while I was doing this he decided to brick up the entrance, what a lovely man. I got my revenge my forcing him to levitate through the wall of his house, and refusing to let him back in.... Don't ask.

After lunch, I meant to select restore state, but selected save state. NO!!!!!!! I had to start alllll over again. I got to the same point where I started today, just before the Sealed Cave.

Dragonfire
04-22-2003, 07:17 PM
FF IIIj is such a great game. I hope they eventually remake it for the US.

BTW, has anyone seen or know if there is a FF3j WSC rom?

DJZen
04-22-2003, 08:02 PM
For there to be a rom of FF3 WSC, a cartridge has to have been made. It wasn't. Square said they were planning on remaking FF3 for WSC but apparently they decided to remake FF4 again instead. Now that the WSC is pretty much dead in Japan, it seems unlikely that Square will ever remake FF3 for WSC. I'm hoping they do it for GBA at the least.

Master.Pug
04-23-2003, 08:03 AM
FFII & III are great games... I hope FFIII will come out for psx!
Why don't they do a FFIII, Seiken Densetsu III release??

DJZen
04-23-2003, 07:35 PM
I can answer that with one word: money.

Nemesis the Warlock
04-28-2003, 03:45 PM
FFII is my favourite in the series, because of the clever stat system, the difficulty (no other FF had such large and difficult dungeons) and the plot. I don't think there was a lack of hard bosses. The optional bosses in Pandemonium kicked my arse most of the time, especially Satan. I also found the last boss quite hard.

But the hardest part of the game, and the only thing that sometimes frustrated me, is trying to find the next location. You have to cover huge distances every time, with hard random encounters at every step.

Still, love the game.