PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one with this tactic?

Kimera 726
04-21-2003, 02:34 AM
Well, I was looking at the "HOW THE :skull::skull::skull::skull::skull: DO YOU KILL LADY YUNALESCA" thread and noticed some talk about a decent wakka. I wasn't quite sure about this but I wanted to know if everybody fought battles in FFX the same way I did. The way I fight is that in every battle no matter what, every character is involved so they all get AP. It can be from defending to Praying to Cheering, and all those moves that don't require magic points. Is this what everybody is doing or just me?

If everybody, I don't see how you cannot have "a decent Wakka". Could some ppl explain it to me? thanks. :cool:

Pancaek
04-21-2003, 02:51 AM
I only make a point of that in boss battles, or if I'm fighting hard monsters. In regular battles I'll rotate my characters in the main menu every so often, but usually I won't bother.

IamTidus
04-21-2003, 03:06 AM
I did the same thing as you I used everyone that was in my party in every battle. And my Wakka was the third best in my party behind Auron and Tidus. So if you Wakka or whoever is weak is your fault. Use everyone is my only advice.

Rostum
04-21-2003, 06:34 AM
Wakka, Tidus, Auron, Yuna.

They are always my strongest characters, usualy near the start of the game towards the 3/4 point most of my characters are powerfull, then I just concentrate on them four that I mentioned.

Prodigy
04-21-2003, 01:47 PM
I didn't

I just used the same characters all the way through and didn't bother levelling ones that I didn't use.

Worked for me :p

Psychotic
04-21-2003, 06:39 PM
Wakka is my fourth best char, with 4,000 HP (Yes, he sucks. I only used him later on with monster catching, because his capture weapon has Deathstrike ;))

Other than that, I only used Tidus, Yuna and Auron, although throughout the earlier parts of the game, I used Lulu instead of Yuna.

HOOTERS
04-22-2003, 03:44 PM
I used all the characters equally, and with boss battles I made sure everybody got AP.

Advent Child
04-22-2003, 11:13 PM
i neglected wakka so he really sucked in that battle.

Shlup
04-23-2003, 02:50 AM
Wakka was my best character. Him and Yuna were all I needed to kick some arse.

chappu
04-23-2003, 07:44 AM
I try to use them all, although my Auron is so slow! I use the Tonberry trick to level up though, all I need to worry about is having enough magic spheres so I can use them up when I gain like 20 S Levels per battle...

Star of Penumbra
04-26-2003, 10:46 PM
Until I get near the end (after you acquire the airship), I always use every character in every battle (yes, even random battles), unless I can't for story reasons.

shyhorse
04-20-2006, 01:02 PM
wakka is one of most powerful characters his normal att does 75,000 ish but my aron does 85,000 ish noraml att but my tidus does 99,999 (max damage) every normal att
tidus sphere grid is compleate aurons almost complaete and wakka's almost

tidus health is at 26,000 hp +
wakka 9,999 hp would be higher need break hp limit
auron 9,999 hp would be higher but need breack hp limit

Dell
04-20-2006, 03:24 PM
Wakka is the strongest member you have in your party because he has the best overdrives in game: Attack Reels.

Attack Reels : 12 hit
Blitz Ace : 8 hit

Also, if you can completed the entire sphere grid with Wakka and Tidus, your Attack Reels and Blitz Ace will most likely do 99999 damage every hit.

As for your Question:

Yes, I used all party in battle even normal/boss battle.
Auron is slow, his celestial weapon, Masamune can't executed 99999 damage unless you obtained 255 strength, Masamune can execute 99999 damage if Auron is in critical state.
Originally, most people use Wakka and Tidus to beat monster arena because they are brilliant character.
My Wakka, Tidus and Yuna can already succeed 99999 damage with their physical attack and Quick Hit.
Yuna is the important character in party, reason:
A) Nirvana allow her to use any magic/skill at 1 MP cost
B) Her Stat determined Aeons Stat.
I increase Yuna strength stat so greatly, that my Valefor already have 255 strength.
This three person is best to used to fight Dark Aeons.
I'm currently, training to boost Lulu, Rikku and Kimahri stat.
Rikku: Important against Shinryu
Lulu: Magic Booster and One MP Cost is an important thing for defeating monster who are immune against physical attack like Jumbo Flan.
Kimahri: Don't know what the use of him, but he is my favourite character besides Lulu in FFX.

Hope that help.

Night_Blade
04-20-2006, 04:49 PM
i used auron, yuna, tidus, rikku.
yunas my favorate.

lady yunalesca
04-21-2006, 10:31 PM
I DONT WANNA DIE (screams)

Night_Blade
04-21-2006, 10:41 PM
yunalesca is already dead you nilly-willy.
just unsent. besides being sent would benifit Spira

Nakor TheBlue Rider
04-22-2006, 10:17 AM
I neglected Kimari, Wakka, and Auron

but Wakka and Auron still ended up being Decent.

My Team is Tidus, Lulu, Rikku, Yuna

Darknite
05-18-2006, 06:05 PM
I only used tidus, auron, and yuna throughout the entire game.i did use lulu instead of yuna until i gave yuna firaga,thundaga etc. with black magic speres

crazybayman
05-18-2006, 06:15 PM
Why on earth has this old thread been dug up? Its been dormant for 3 years.

starseeker
05-18-2006, 07:33 PM
The mods must be losing their touch.

Crossblades
05-18-2006, 11:34 PM

They can't be everywhere at once. Just use the warn feature and they'll close it up right away

crazybayman
05-19-2006, 12:02 PM

They can't be everywhere at once. Just use the warn feature and they'll close it up right away
nah......I don't care if they close it or not, its just funny how someone would dig through the old threads, and start posting in a thread in which the original posters probably don't even come here anymore.

Dark Paladin
05-19-2006, 01:15 PM
I get everyone involved. It does get tiresome but when you're fighting a hard boss it could be the case that you need the support of the whole party, and plus i like to see all of my characters get better.

Laugh at face of Danger
05-19-2006, 07:26 PM
Hah, my Yunalesca team was just like -_-" it went like this, "Oh, look, so little HP!" *bahamut overdrive* "in your face, Yunalesca.... what.... what did you just do? No... way" o_o" I made one big mistake, i was such an idiot at that battle, i had Yuna with a regen ring and as her HP got low, regen started up, making her hp lower cuz she was Zombified, so instead of unequipping the damn ring i sat there and bit my nails. Fortunately, Mega Death never came...

Ugh, that was a terrible fight. Most my fights are just "Tidus! Oh... 99,999 again" then i bring out Kimahri to make me smile *3000!*

Against bosses though, I'm sure to let Kimahri in for a turn of defending, so he gets some AP, otherwise he'd never level up then its just Auron, Lulu and Tidus, they're my best team - though Rikku is cathcing up fast! I'm proud of my characters... 115 hours of blood, sweat, toil and tears went into the heart and soul of that game!

Psychotic
05-20-2006, 12:32 AM
The mods must be losing their touch.;)

Thanks for using the warn button, everybody*!

*nobody.