PDA

View Full Version : New to FF series. Which FF should I start

Tatem
04-21-2003, 03:15 AM
So...which Final Fantasy is good to start out on? Thanks in advance.

Big D
04-21-2003, 03:39 AM
Well, I started with VII, and never looked back. Gameplay's fairly complex at first, but I eventually got the hang of it. Some people enjoyed starting with VIII...
Unfortunately, whichever FF you play first will undoutedly cloud or influence your perceptions of the others.
From personal experience, I'd say... go with VII or VIII. Or possibly X, although I've never played it.

animee_
04-21-2003, 04:00 AM
start with Final Fanatsy VII, this was the first one i played and thats what got me hooked on the FF series, at first i couldnt get into it, but after playing it for a while i really liked it, its got a good story line with characters that you will love and hate

start with this one, you will like it because its a classic, i now own FF 1,2,4,5,6,7,8,9 and 10, and its because FF7 made me love the series :D

Enigma
04-21-2003, 04:24 AM
Start with FFVII, it hooks ya.

But what ever one you pick, don't give up on it right away, some FFs take a few hours to get interesting but I'm not going to name any...

Have fun

edczxcvbnm
04-21-2003, 04:37 AM
RUN! RUN BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!

Psychotic
04-21-2003, 06:25 PM
VII all the way, otherwise your mind will be polluted(I've seen it happen before, and I'm sorry)

Doomgaze
04-21-2003, 06:37 PM
FF VI. Don't start with FF VII, it sucks.

playaGAW
04-21-2003, 07:27 PM
7 doesn't suck but it is a little overated. I really think the best idea would be start off with two FF games. Buy FF Anthology, FF Chronicles, or FF Origins that way you can get a feel to the rest of the series. All those come with two Final Fantasy games so you can get a feel for the rest of the series then play those. If you don't want to do that start with 8 or 9.

Pancaek
04-21-2003, 07:41 PM
It depends on what you like better. 1 to 5, Tactics and 9 all have medieval settings and are more focused on gameplay. 7, 8 and 10 have more futuristic settings, and are more focused on graphics and story. 6 is somewhere in the middle.

I started with FF1, but the best one to start with is probably FF6. It's got some medieval stuff, some futuristic stuff, good story, decent gameplay and excellent music. After that one, you'll probably be able to move on to pretty much any of the others, because you've experienced a bit of everything. Unfortunately, it's very hard to find the legal way, so you may have to download it. If you're opposed to downloading games, FF7 would be another good one to start with. It's very overrated, but it's not too bad.

playaGAW
04-21-2003, 07:45 PM
You could just buy FF Anthology that has 6 in it.

DJZen
04-21-2003, 08:05 PM
I'd say start with 8, since it's the most annoying gameplay-wise, but it was also obviously made with the longtime FF player in mind. If you wanna play a game that really shows what FF is all about, I'd say either 1 or 6. Although if you play 1, play the original NES version at some point. You just have to. It's like a rite of passage to spend 5 hours buying 99 heal potions.