PDA

View Full Version : Warmech?

Dignified Pauper
04-21-2003, 03:37 AM
Well, I've beaten all of the fiends (PS remake). I then went to the hall where Tiamat was (before I killed him in 4 rounds) and after running up and down for a good 25 minutes, found... NO WARMECH!? My people are at level 27 and they crave to have a battle worthy for them, or perhaps dangerous! Is he more rare now than in the NES version, or is he in the winding passage before Tiamat's hall? I thought he was in both... I was in a state of disarray just conjuring the thought of him being... TAKEN OUT!?!?!?!

Someone verify to me that he wasn't taken out and that's he's just more rare to fight now... SOMEONE, ANYONE!?!?!

Yeargdribble
04-21-2003, 03:38 AM
He was not taken out but the odds of running into him seem much much lower. I spent two hours looking for him... my guys were at level 50 before I actually found him.

Dignified Pauper
04-21-2003, 03:43 AM
NOOOOO! I just don't have that kind of patie--- Wait.. what game am I playing again... oh ya... Nevermind, I have lots... THANKS...

Faris_the_guy
04-21-2003, 12:58 PM
In the easy version, hes not there. in the hard versoin, hes is VERY hard to find. Once you find him hes easy though.

Yeargdribble
04-21-2003, 04:44 PM
Actually I just found him in the easy version... after the afformentioned 2 hour hunt.

DJZen
04-21-2003, 07:47 PM
well, there's a reason for his rarity... If I remember correctly....

The original NES version didn't have random battles, it had a sequence that you would fight enemies in that would cycle every X fights. So while encountering Warmech was rare, it would happen with some regularity.

The PSX version has randomly generated battles with the chances of meeting enemies approximated. So while it is possible that you'll encounter him, there is no guarantee of it. It's entirely possible that you can walk the bridge forever and never meet him.

...It's possible I'm wrong about this. If anyone knows better please say so.

Yeargdribble
04-21-2003, 07:59 PM
I know what you are talking about DJzen.

You can test this out yourself to an extent. If you play the original on an emulator you will find that the steps walked before an enemy encounter is a set thing such as are the battles. You can save state and then walk a bit... say three steps and fight... reload the state and walk three steps and the exact same battle will occur. In addition it has nothing to even do with direction. As long as you are in the pre-mapped area for encounters of a single type the third step will always be the same group.

Now in the FFO version I doubt that the memo save works like a save state on an emu. Therefore every time you soft reset the number of steps and probability of a particular group of enemies is reset as well. I believe it is the same after every battle... it is completely recalculated unlike the original where it is preset

In addition... from what I've heard... the odds in the original (which aren't really odds so much) are 1/32 where as in FFO it is a 1/64 chance. Not great odds... plus it is recalculated every time.

In the original... you would come into the room and there would be a preset and who knows... maybe you would fall on number 27 out of 32 and then it's only 5 battles until you fight Warmech. Whereas in the FFO version it is actually 1/64 chance EVERY time you get into a battle. It is absolute luck.

Dignified Pauper
04-22-2003, 03:18 AM
I found him, he killed my WW and Ni, BUT! I killed him... Then i got the eff outta there and fast too.

DJZen
04-22-2003, 05:15 AM
Arg, that's pretty annoying, I always used him to level up my characters and rake in the cash. Now I guess I'll have to find someone else to beat up....

BTW, why do we call Warmach "he"?

Yeargdribble
04-22-2003, 06:45 AM
Yes... I liked using Warmech in said way as well... it is too bad.

As for the he thing... I think we just assign masculinity to everything that is not expressly feminine.

DJZen
04-22-2003, 07:51 PM
not feminine? CHECK OUT THOSE LEGS!!!!

Hehehehehe, actually, Warmech should probably be an "it" since Warmech is a robot, and has no gender.

Dr Unne
04-23-2003, 12:39 AM
Took me an hour to find Warmech in easy version. He exists.

chionos
04-23-2003, 05:35 AM
I had more trouble finding a friggin tyrannosaur than warmech. It took me 3 hours to get the bloody dinosaur to show its face. Warmech took about 45 minutes, so I guess I got lucky with him.

Seifer
05-06-2003, 05:40 AM
Forget Warmech. Try beating these guys(see attachement), or even running from them. I was at level 27 inside of the Ice Cave today. While a pretty easy dungeon compared to some of the others, these guys ruin my day every time I bump into them. Actually, it's when there's four. It's an almost impossible battle, much more of a challenge as opposed to Warmech. And the four pack isn't as rare as you'd hope it would be. I'm sure most of you already had a run in with them. I don't even remember them killing me NES version. They're a real pain in the arse on the remake.

What happens: They usually get the first attack. All of them attack with Fire 3, most of the time. Whoever isn't dead after that(most likely anyone wearing Flame Mail), is usually killed by a single Poision attack.

But meh, I don't want to spend one to two hours looking for Warmech. Oh well, I guess it must be done for me to complete the game in its entirety.

Faris_the_guy
05-08-2003, 12:04 AM
Theyre not hard, the game gave you bad stats at lvl. ups
(It always happens, so dont be pissed)

Seifer
05-08-2003, 01:03 AM
Those are bad? I thought they were pretty good. Having Fire3 casted on you 3-4 times usually kills any party, though...

Oh, and when I faced the Lich today inside the Temple of Fiends, he killed me with a single attack: Flare(Nuke). There was about 400 damage to each person, and I wasn't at full health. I thought I could beat him without that many problems. Tiamat(first one) wasn't really even that hard when I faced him just before that. The fiends are definitely tougher than the NES ones...I remember killing them in a few hits. Mainly because they didn't have as much HP and they didn't use all too horrible attacks.

DJZen
05-11-2003, 04:39 AM
A reccomendation......

They cranked up Warmech..... Now in addition to having 2000 HP, it also casts Nuke (Nuclear) more, and regenerates 100 HP every turn. If you do decide to take it on, be forewarned. I was at Lv. 32 all around, and I must have been touched by an angel 'cause my Knight was at 190ish HP when he Nuked me and instead of dying he was only reduced to 46 HP. I thought it was game over, but I somehow lived long enough to destroy it. Warmech really is a rite of passage, but I seriously don't reccomend trying to take it out before Lv. 32.

DCI Superfan
05-11-2003, 05:11 AM
Actually... from what I understand, Warmech ALWAYS regenerated. But I could be wrong.

DCI Forever!!

DJZen
05-12-2003, 07:58 AM
Unless I remember wrong (and please correct me if I do) nothing in the NES version regenerated HP, that was new to the WSC version.

BobDarkavenger
05-12-2003, 09:55 AM
Yep, that was one of the things they fixed

Dignified Pauper
05-13-2003, 12:07 AM
I killed warmech at level 28, but Temple of Fiends Chaos, those fiends are friggin evil. I wanted to punch myself in the face.

zelda78
05-14-2003, 02:28 AM
ice cave is so cheap in the PSX version, even at high levels. dark wizards suck so much, that warmech is a creampuff compared to a group of 4 dark wizards. the quiksave is very important -- if you encounter dark wizards just soft reset; if you encounter mind flayers, south reset; if you encounter warmech just cast haste and beat the crap out of it before he nucleares you to death

Draniei
06-12-2010, 06:14 AM
(Final Fantasy I&II Dawn of Souls.) I powerlevel accidentally, because I like getting all the spells, weapons and armor of a certain place before leaving it. So... I level up alot. And so, all the fiends were pretty easy, now my characters are all at level 87. So, I'm trying to get 100% on this game. So, all I have to do now is get a few monsters for my bestiary. So first, I wanted to kill WarMech. So, I stood of 5F of the Floating castle. And I ran back and forth... for two hours. And I gained 20 levels. Then, WarMech appeared, except he was called Death Machine. So... at level 78, I slaughtered him in one round. Now I have to find a way to kill Ultima Weapon and Shinryu though. Now... it sucks because every battle if I don't have first turn all the monsters run away. And I get 1 exp.

theundeadhero
06-14-2010, 03:20 PM
This may seem random to all but a select few people but I have no idea when Diablo three is set to come out. Either way this thread is very old so I'm closing it.