PDA

View Full Version : Me being slow?

Excalibur
04-21-2003, 11:12 AM
Now, it might just be me. But why on earth do Europe have to wait until Spring 2004 to get ff X-2. This really bugs me that we have to wait almost 2 years after the rest of the world. :mad2: :

Annoying!! Sorry just to moan!!

Enigma
04-21-2003, 11:00 PM
Actually, only a few months, America gets it in November, Japan got it March 13, so it's nowhere near two years...but maybe one year after Japan got it.

You can't possibly just be noticing that Europe gets games way after America and Japan. It's been like that since...a long time ago.

Excalibur
04-22-2003, 09:45 AM
i had noticed, i just wanted to rant!!!Damn Europe, we suck:mad2:

Maxico
04-22-2003, 12:46 PM
what I dont get is that for games the we're the second largest games sales territory in the world (more than japan less than america) and even american games seem to come out in japan before they come out here (if they even get bothered to bring them out in europe?)

dang.

Croyles
04-22-2003, 10:06 PM
I was on this subject for years!!

i know one game which came out in europe BEFORE AMERICA! here it is:

DRUM ROLL

SPLINTER CELL! Well that was the case for the PS2 version, probably the other versions too. It might be hard to believe because the Xbox is american, but who knows. The ps2 V definetly came out in europe first.

Excalibur dont say Europe sucks! I like it much more than america - no offence to anyone.

Excalibur
04-23-2003, 08:24 AM
Yer, Europe rocks for some things...but it really needs to catch up in the games industry

Jalbrean
04-23-2003, 01:36 PM
Europe gets Silent Hill 3 before either Japan or the U.S.

There quit you're belly-aching. ;p

Actually it's a raw deal the European gamers get, but most publishers still don't see it as a very profitable market. I'm not sure what can be done to really change the view. It's a pretty complicated situation.

Maxico
04-26-2003, 12:17 PM
We also got Z.O.E before america (They said it would sell better in england but that doesn't make sense) and thats a great game. bit short though.

a-l
04-26-2003, 01:35 PM
i live in europe too and cant wait anymore that ffx2 shall be relased, and i also hate this whole PAL and NTSC system... why cant there be just one platform system (i knw that ntsc is for 60hz games and if u try to play ntsc play at your pal ps2 it wont work, or it will not have colors (it will be black and white game) i really hope that someone will do something to this whole system at the future... :)

so... i hate it, when all good games are been relased about one year later at europe than at us or japan..

Final Fantasy hero
04-26-2003, 01:59 PM
It's great people saying all of these games coming out in Europe before America but there is one game that came out in Europe before America that I think will effect Final Fantasy X-2 and that games, I could do drum rolls but I'm not going too :D

Final Fantasy Origins

That is the only game I think will effect the release date of Final Fantasy X-2 in europe will it being from the same company but I might be wrong.

Now back to the reason why we get games well after Amercia and Japan release dates and it's not because of the NTSC PAL thing, the reason a game like FFX-2 will come out months after America is not because of the transfering from NTSC to PAL but the fact that the game has to be translated again for France, Germany, Spain, Italy and all the other non English speaking countries, that is the main reason people in the UK suffer because Square wants to release the game all accross Europe on the same date.

a-l
04-26-2003, 02:05 PM
that just sucks! why cant square relase first the english version of the ffx2 at europe? english is so popular language that i think that also french and german people knws english :mad:

fff
04-26-2003, 02:18 PM
i live in europe too and cant wait anymore that ffx2 shall be relased, and i also hate this whole PAL and NTSC system... why cant there be just one platform system (i knw that ntsc is for 60hz games and if u try to play ntsc play at your pal ps2 it wont work, or it will not have colors (it will be black and white game) i really hope that someone will do something to this whole

i hate that sysytem to. chrono cross is not releaset in europe so im never gonna play it, and some cheats i find on the internet dosent work 4 pal version or maybe its just me who does it the wrong way.

Blizzard
04-26-2003, 02:58 PM
Hm. I think the release of Final Fantasy Origins has effected when FFX-2 will be released PAL-ly.

I got this info from a ps2 mag, but it might not be true.

Japan: 13th March 2003
USA: November 2003
PAL (UK, Australia etc.): *drum roll*

August 2003! :eek:

Final Fantasy hero
04-26-2003, 03:50 PM
NO WAY!!!!!!!!! :whoa:

If we got it before America it would more likely be September or October, I would say October but I'd rather say December or Janurary.