RF Larbeight (another good stricker)
MF ???
LD ???
RD ???
GL Nimrook (Best Goalkeeper)

Resereves
???
???

I have Almost found the best team in spira (??? are players i'm working on) so who would your best team be.

Psychotic
04-21-2003, 06:36 PM
MF NEEDS to be Brother, he has superb passing, and his shooting, attacking, endurance and blocking aren't bad either, and he swims faster than pretty much every other blitzer.

My current team is

LF:Tidus
RF:Wedge
MF:Brother
LD:Jassu
RD:Botta (Is that their names? I never bothered getting new defenders, and I don't need to being that the opponents never usually get by Brother and Wedge)
GK:Miyu - 2nd best keeper in the game, as Nimrook is Al Bhed, and I can't get him.

Res1:Bickson - The Luca Goers dropped him, which is pretty funny being that he taunts you all the way through about how he is the best player, and now eh plays for the lowly Aurochs! did I say play? I meant sat there, heh heh.

Res 2:Rin - I dunno why, maybe I should sign Wakka or something.

HOOTERS
04-22-2003, 03:47 PM
The entire Al Bhed team plus Tidus.

tankyb
04-22-2003, 05:34 PM
My team is:
LF Tidus
RF Zazi Guado
MF Letty
LD Botta
RD Jassu
GL Miyu

I don't really play Blitzball that much!!!

Advent Child
04-22-2003, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by tankyb
I don't really play Blitzball that much!!!
did that phrase really need 3 exclaimation marks?

Linus J
05-09-2003, 09:21 PM
how big chance is it that Al Bhed would drop a player like Nimrook? A damned good keeper, I need to have a damned close shot and unblocked by defenders to score on him, usually I half his CA by shooting with whatever shot (:P) and then finishing up with Tidus.

Nimrook
05-09-2003, 11:34 PM
By looking at most of your posts, it seems a lot of you haven't been playing Blitzball in the long-term (that is, getting to really high levels). I'm around lv85-90 now, and you will notice as you level up that all of the player's stats change completely; and some stats even go down on some players. For example, most of the original Al Bhed Psyches players start off good, but they don't get to become the best. Nimrook does stay as the best goalkeeper, however.

Larbeight has a SH stat above 80 in my game, as well as over 70 EN, which definitely isn't bad, especially as I give him Tackle Slip 2 aswell. Argai Ronso has the highest shot stat for most of the game before that point, but he's slow, so I'll probably replace him.

One thing you probably won't believe is that Keepa's SH is going up really quickly in my game, it's now overtaken his CA stat already, and it's still increasing. I've heard somewhere that his SH stat does eventually reach 99, and I'm starting to get the impression that it's true.

Brother is by no means the best midfielder, in fact, his PA doesn't go much past 50, he does turn out much ebtter suited for defence. I've noticed that he's a great defender as he's the only one that can keep up with Nedus (whose speed goes up extremely quickly, it's been 99 in my game for ages now). Ropp's the best defender in the game, so definitely worth getting if you can.

As for a midfielder, Linna is a good choice as she gets 99 PA and almost 99 SH too, although Vuroja also gets 99 PA and pretty good EN. I've personally chosen to put Kulukan in midfield though, as she has a PA above 80 already for me, and she also has a very high AT stat, so useful for getting the ball off the start.

Nizarut actually turns into a good goalie later on, in fact, he's the second-best in my game right now behind Nimrook. :o I heard that in fact Wedge becomes second-best overall, and his CA does seem to be going up actually...

Anyway, what I'd consider the best team:

GK: Nimrook
LD: Ropp
RD: Brother (unless you put Kulukan there
MF: Kulukan or Linna
LF: Argai Ronso (although if you want someone faster you can replace him... Datto isn't bad, but once he reaches level 99 his SH isn't extremely high...)
RF: Larbeight

And for the person who has Rin on the bench... I seriously recommend you drop him, he doesn't get good at all.

And there's a chance that any team will drop a player when their contract runs out, even useful players like Nimrook, you just have to get lucky.

Linus J
05-10-2003, 05:31 PM
thanks Nimrook, just two more questions:

If I have a full rooster and try to sign a new player, will I be able to kick someone else of the team or do I have to have a free place?

Where will Nimrook be hanging around if Al Bhed drops him?

TheLadySummoner_Yuna
05-10-2003, 11:25 PM
Tidus
Wakka
Juddah
Lakkam
Doram
Nimrook
Those are the people that are in
my blits ball team..
sometimes I switch Doram and Lakkam around...
:D

Nimrook
05-11-2003, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Linus J

If I have a full rooster and try to sign a new player, will I be able to kick someone else of the team or do I have to have a free place?

Where will Nimrook be hanging around if Al Bhed drops him? If you've got 8 players and you try to sign someone else, it just lets you choose from the 8 players you have to simply replace one of them, yes. You can't ever kick Tidus off the bench though (unfortunately). :(

Nimrook will be on board the airship. From the cockpit, go out of the door and down the stairs to the right, the entire original Al Bhed Psyches team will be in there (Lakkam will be outside though if you want to sign her, she's not too bad early on, but doesn't get that great later).

stephenicehawks
07-08-2003, 01:11 AM
LF Tidus
RF Wedge
MF Argia Ronso
LD Jassu
RD Balgerda ( might not be spelled correct)
GL Keepa
:tongue:

reserves
Abus
Letty

§håd0w
07-15-2003, 01:19 PM
LF Shaami (free)
RF Brother (free)
MF Tidus (Abes/Aurochs)
LD Balgerda (Goers)
RD Jassu (Aurochs)
GK Keepa (Aurochs)

reserves...
Zalitz (free)
Zev Ronso (free)

TheSpoonyBard
07-28-2003, 12:19 AM
Here's my team. All level 99. Try and beat it if you can :D

LF: Tidus (Jecht Shot 2, great move)
RF: Wakka (Auroch's Spirit, +10 SH and Nap status)
MF: Kiyuri (90 PA, 66 AT)
LD: Ropp (The best defender, 73 AT)
RD: Nav Guado (Very quick, 82 BL)
GL: Nimrook (The best goalie, 67 CA)

§håd0w
07-28-2003, 09:51 PM
y'know. jecht chot 2 actually sucks. cuz if u add anything one to it (golden arm, spin ball) the goal keep will ALWAYS catch it. even 99 going against 8, he will always catch it. thats why i dont use it. The sublimely magnificent jecht shot mark III is good enough for me.

TheSpoonyBard
07-29-2003, 02:59 PM
That's funny, the keepers never catch my shots. Perhaps you haven't noticed the ball goes invisible, so all you've got to do is steer it round the big pink circle. And because it goes invisible Tidus can shoot from anywhere in the sphere pool and still score. That's why it's such a great move.

§håd0w
07-29-2003, 03:29 PM
i know its awesome cuz it goes invisible, but once u add spin ball, it cancels out the invisible shot. try it next time, set ur techs as jecht shot 2, spin ball, and then 3 other techs of ur choice. the goal keeper will catch it if u use spin ball. i dunno why, but it does do that.

Empathy
07-30-2003, 11:33 AM
I have the FFX SG so I could compare every LV99 Blitzer and tell you the people with the best attributes.

I didn't look through it with great detail, but if you want a custom team that'll perform well early on, and as you level up, I suggest this formation:

Forward: Tidus (Abes/Aurochs)
Forward: Wakka (Aurochs/Airship)
Midfielder: Brother (Free/Airship)
Defender: Zalitz (Free/Luca - Outside Theatre)
Defender: Ropp (Free/Travel Agency - Either Mi'hen or Gagazet, I forget exactly)
Goalie: Jumal (Free/Luca Square)

Nimrook IS the best goalie in the game, but..he obviously isn't a free agent, and is therefore harder to get. I think ..Durren comes in 2nd best for CA stat, I'd have to double-check and edit tomorrow. Jumal is in the top 5 though.

Remember: This is more of an earlier starting line-up to get you going in the right direction. I haven't taken the time to test them versus LV30+ but with my old set-up (Jassu instead of Ropp, Ropp is better) I was winning games 7-0, 9-0 etc..

So far, nobody has scored a single goal against this team too.

Oh, my reserves are Tatts and Durren too. But I've NEVER used them yet.

§håd0w
07-30-2003, 01:29 PM
ok. try for this 23-0. thats my highest, try and beat it.

hint: dont use jecht shot or anyother techs. they only take up time

TheSpoonyBard
07-30-2003, 02:35 PM
Why would I want to cancel out the invisibility? I want to score! I know this seems obvious, but if your keepers are always catching the ball when you've got Spin Ball equipped, why don't you just unequip it?

Oh,by the way, my top score was against the Kilika Beasts. I won 36 - 0. They had Rin signed up and in midfield, and I had Linna. Every 15 seconds all I had to do was tackle the ball from Rin and shoot. I scored every time. :D

nightmare sumire
07-30-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Linus J

Where will Nimrook be hanging around if Al Bhed drops him?

can Wakka?:eek:

Empathy
07-30-2003, 11:49 PM
Can Wakka what?

He's a free agent and can be re-signed in the airship cockpit for a Salary of 1 Gil.

I'm currently using him actually and he apparently gets a good tech called Aurochs Spirit.

nightmare sumire
07-31-2003, 07:28 AM
i dont know whether Wakka can be resigned in the international version

haravikk
07-31-2003, 12:04 PM
LF: Blappa (the BEST front player in my game with his shoot of 40 compared to the second best shooting of 29 for Argai Ronso - who I also have)
RF: Tidus (he's kinda crap for me since I rarely used him at the start but with the Jecht shot he is usually top scorer)
MF: Nuvy Ronso (I only really moved her to MF to get her attack up faster, but with Brawler and an attack of 22 and Wither Tackle 2, Venom Tackle 2, optional Pile Venom/Wither she is near impossible to get past)
LD: Irga Ronso (Very high blocking of 26 and a tough defender, she also has brawler meaning she gets where she is needed)
RD: Zev Ronso (moved there only temporarily so Nuvy Ronso can get her attack up he has actually become a nasty defender with a blocking of 28, I am probably going to switch him if I ever let a goal in though :))
GK: Keepa (he may suck to start with but he now has CA of 26 for me with super goalie he has only let in one goal in the past 30 or so games, and that's because he was asleep!)

Bench
Argai Ronso (Very strong striker and with high attack and endurance he is also good on the defensive)
Naida (a good defender, very fast)

Yes I have more Ronso than the Ronso fangs (who have none in my game lol!), but they make for the most solid defence you can get. If someone can survive an attack from Nuvy Ronso and get past Irga and Zev Ronso then they deserve to be beaten down by Keepa :D