PDA

View Full Version : The fate of Seifer (possible spoilders)

Erdrick Holmes
04-21-2003, 09:21 PM
First of all I just wanna say that Seifer rules, I would say he is one of the most origional villians to ever appear in a videogame sence Sephiroth.

The aftermath of FF8 shows how everyone is at peace an everyone is all happy, well one question remains, what will become of Seifer, Rajin, and Fujin :love: ?

Do you think they return to Balamb garden and actually get along with Squall and his friends or he returns, or will Seifer remain at Galbadia in hopes of another sorceress to be serving as her night?

Rye
04-21-2003, 10:55 PM
Good topic! ^.^ I think Seifer will just live on, and try to forget the socceresses. I mean he never got any better being on their side, and he finally realised it. But I think he will always regret leaving the life he has in Balamb Garden...

Big D
04-22-2003, 09:03 AM
Seifer and his posse have an intersting future ahead of them. They'd never be welcome back at any Garden, and they apparently aren't big players in the Galbadian military/ Government any more... what do they have, besides fishing? They're all capable fighters, that much is certain. They could be mercenaries... but with SeeD available, who'd want to hire them?

Perhaps they'd travel the world, following their hearts and dreams, maybe looking for chances to redeem themselves by righting wrongs. Because of his experience as a Knight, Seifer would be an expert on sorceresses... perhaps Garden would hire him after all, in order to learn everything they could about their future opponent Ultimecia?

Hmm. So many possibilities... I smell a possible sequel...

Does anyone besides me think that Seifer and Fujin would make a great couple?

Dazlar Bynon
04-22-2003, 09:15 AM
"RAGE ... " I think they will just live on in peace, maybe they will give themselves out as SeeDs, like those two in Winhill??? But there is no real need for SeeD, or is there??? "..., ya know"

Princess Rinoa
04-22-2003, 11:55 AM
Ahh I say they live happily and stay together as a gang and a new family..might be still fishing at Balamb! :)

Rye
04-22-2003, 01:24 PM
They should me monster killers of Winhill! I think Raijin and Fujin would be a goiod couple... after a few sessions of couple counciling ^.^

Actually I always thought Fujin and Seifer would be pretty good toghter ^.^ (I'm not kidding :D )

Erdrick Holmes
04-22-2003, 03:28 PM
I can just imagine the ceremony with Zell being the preist.

ZELL: Do you Seifer Almasy take Fujin, to have and to hold, in sick ness and in.....

SEIFER: I already told you yes you chicken wuss.

ZELL: Why you sonofa... ahem... any way do you Fujin.... uh whatever your last name is, to take Seifer to...

FUJIN: "I DO...."

ZELL: My ears.

Dazlar Bynon
04-22-2003, 04:42 PM
Isn't there something Selphie should do then, preferably to Zell!? And maybe catch the bouquet (is that how you write it?)

Erdrick Holmes
04-22-2003, 04:47 PM
If you mean catch the banquet by catch the hotdog Zell throws at Selphies camera dring the ending credits.

I would imagine Seifer wanting to accomplish his romantic dream and find another sorceress to be a knight for.

Rye
04-22-2003, 05:29 PM
Lol, I'd love to see how Fujin is dressed for the wedding. I bet she still wears that eye patch.

Lol I could just Imagine the party.

Rinoa: Squall, wanna dances?
Squall: I can't...
Rinoa: oh come on! *grabs squalls hand*

LATER

Voice: "Time to throw the flowers!"
*throws*
Selphie: O-O-O-O!!!!! I'm gonna catch them. *jumps up to get flower and lands on wedding cake*

*sigh* What a crazy bunch ^.^

Erdrick Holmes
04-22-2003, 05:33 PM
*Imagines Selphie cover in white creamy cake icing and nose bleeds.

If Zell was in charge of the catering there would be nothing but Hotdogs to serve instead of cake.

So who else thinks that Seifer would prolly go to find another sorceress to fufill his dream?

Dazlar Bynon
04-22-2003, 06:27 PM
I: "Hmmm Selphie..."
My split personality: "Is that all you can think about?"
I: "Yes!"
My split personality: *SIGH*
I: "What I say and what I do are two completely different things... Yeah that's what I mean!"
My split personality: *SIGH*

So who else thinks that Seifer would prolly go to find another sorceress to fufill his dream?

He might... He does look a lot like a crusader, I think, so there is a chance.

chadmonkey
04-22-2003, 06:40 PM
I think that Seifer's gonna get a job at a garden working as a rent-a-cop, Fujin will be the "lunch-lady" serving hot dogs and Rajin will leave the group to persue his dream of being a dancer.

Psychotic
04-22-2003, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Akumaou812
First of all I just wanna say that Seifer rules, I would say he is one of the most origional villians to ever appear in a videogame sence Sephiroth.

I do not consider Seifer to be a villain, I consider Seifer to be a victim. There were to sides to him, which Ultimecia knew about and exploited perfectly. Seifer was just a pawn, being manipulated by one of his boyhood dreams.

He was a great character though, and I think it's good that Seifer broke free at the end. And Seifer and Fujin? No, it just wouldn't happen. Fujin is very distanced with her emotions, hence the "one word in captials" speak, the only time her emotions come true is when she and Fuijin try to persuade Seifer in Lunatic Pandora, meaning her strongest emotions are towards the three of them as a "posse" rather than towards Seifer as a lover.

The Amazing Spiderman
04-22-2003, 07:47 PM
He will become a fisherman!!!!

Really, He is staying neutral for me. He isn't with any garden. Just his friends and him.

Pure Strife
04-22-2003, 10:35 PM
Does anyone else think it would be really cool if Square made an FF8 sequel with Seifer as the main character? Seifer trying to take down another sorceress with Fuijin and Raijin in tow, a few more extra characters maybe including one of the FF8 cast (Quistis, maybe?)?

I can't see Seifer just being ordinary, I think he'd do something. Go on a quest to find and beat the strongest opponent he can, or go Guardian Force catching or whatever, just something.

Big D
04-22-2003, 11:59 PM
I think Raijin and Fujin would be a goiod couple... after a few sessions of couple counciling ^.^
Um... I read somewhere that Raijin and Fujin are, in fact, brother and sister. I know they don't look it, but... is it true?

Erdrick Holmes
04-23-2003, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Big D
I think Raijin and Fujin would be a goiod couple... after a few sessions of couple counciling ^.^
Um... I read somewhere that Raijin and Fujin are, in fact, brother and sister. I know they don't look it, but... is it true?

Jerry Jerry Jerry

On todays show rejected garden members in incest love affairs, please meet my first guest Fujin

FUJIN: ...... RAIJIN...... LOVE....... BROTHER

RAIJIN: I don' care if Fujin is mah sistah ya' know We made lots of cool motions unduh the sack ya know

JERRY: Well I got a surprise for you all, please welcome Seifer Almasy.

SEIFER: What the f*** are you doin' with my woman you f*** idiot.

(Large amounts of magic are casted and destroy the building.)

Rye
04-23-2003, 01:54 AM
Lol! *ROFL* Rule number 1: Jerry makes EVERYTHING worse.

I don't want them to be related!

Big D
04-23-2003, 02:34 AM
Incidentally, Raijin and Fujin are the Thunder God and Wind God of old Japan. Thus explaining the FFVIII characters' use of those particular magical elements.
http://www.inform.umd.edu/arth/resources/modules/monsters/img004.jpg
I don't really see the resemblance to 'our' Raijin and Fujin, do you?
Actually, Fujin is often depicted as carrying a 'wind bag' on its back... sounds kind of like Pandemona from FFVIII.

Strange... I just tried to find the place where it siad they're siblings, but I can't. Can anyone clarify?

Erdrick Holmes
04-23-2003, 02:43 AM
Strange how this turned from a thread about Seifer's fate after FFVIII to the relationship of Raijin and Fujin.

Big D
04-23-2003, 03:10 AM
Maybe it's a turn for the better? Seifer's fate and future have already been discussed in depth, in a couple of Besimudo's threads I think. Raijin and Fujin are fairly mysterious, except for little snippets of information we're given in the game, so I think there's a lot of potential for discussion.

Rye
04-23-2003, 01:13 PM
I love talking about raijin and fuijin. There pretty cool. I wonder if after the ending, they catch badam fish (the bad fish disease)lol ^.^ I could just imagine Fujin kicking raijin for that until he faints.

Dazlar Bynon
04-23-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Big D
Actually, Fujin is often depicted as carrying a 'wind bag' on its back... sounds kind of like Pandemona from FFVIII.

Can't you draw Pandemona from Fujin !? :jap:

DJZen
04-23-2003, 07:56 PM
My personal take on that ending was that Seifer learned an important lesson... fighting isn't all there is to life. Now he's obviously still hot tempered, and not having an easy time adapting to fishing, but I think there's some deeper symbolism than that.....

Fisherman's Horizon is a place where they don't allow violence. However, it's also a place for second chances. Just talk to...... crap, what's his name? He's sitting right next to the mayor's house.

I think it's possible that Seifer was trying to turn over a new leaf, and I think that him fishing was symbolic of him learning how to live the calm life, as if he was aspiring to be like the people in FH.

Or maybe he just really likes fish, who knows....

Erdrick Holmes
04-23-2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by DJzen
Just talk to...... crap, what's his name?
You're thinking of Martine.

Seifer has his dream which I believe that he will fulfill till it kills him, sounds like an FF8 sequel. If he will want to complete his dream he will keep searching untill he finds another sorceress, and Raijin and Fujin will keep following him and tagging along untill then.

kali
04-27-2003, 10:12 AM
Well seeing how Fuijin, Raijin and Seifer wasn't in the after-credits party scene....im guessing they will not be working at grden garden....but i defintely see them working together and defending or protecting something....I think i could see Seifer going to visit Edea, living life etc

Princess Rinoa
04-27-2003, 10:46 AM
If there was a FF8-2 I would like to be able too control Seifer and his gang I think that would be fun!

Erdrick Holmes
04-27-2003, 06:12 PM
That would be cool if they made a spin-off game, Seifer's quest where it shoes all of the thing's that Seifer does after the whole Ultimicia situtation.

Rinoa_Heartilly
04-27-2003, 08:10 PM
Wow, this thread is becoming just a laugh isn't it.

Originally posted by Psychotic
I do not consider Seifer to be a villain, I consider Seifer to be a victim. There were to sides to him, which Ultimecia knew about and exploited perfectly. Seifer was just a pawn, being manipulated by one of his boyhood dreams.

I pretty much thought exactly like this. I thought that he was being controlled in parts of the game, but then in other parts he controlled himself to be an enemy. I hated him being an enemy. I think that he would seek peace, I don't think that he would go and be friends with Squall and the others, because that is just the way he is.

[SB]He was a great character though, and I think it's good that Seifer broke free at the end. And Seifer and Fujin? No, it just wouldn't happen. Fujin is very distanced with her emotions, hence the "one word in captials" speak, the only time her emotions come true is when she and Fuijin try to persuade Seifer in Lunatic Pandora, meaning her strongest emotions are towards the three of them as a "posse" rather than towards Seifer as a lover.

I do not think that Seifer and Fujin would make a good couple, nor would Fujin and Raijin. They were all just best buds and had no feelings for each other that way. But I do think Seifer does like Rinoa.

Big D
04-28-2003, 04:17 AM
If Seifer truly still cared about Rinoa in any way, he would never have fought against her. By attempting to kill her to further his own ends, he forfeited any right to claim that he liked her.

Regardless of their history, Seifer would have to forget about Rinoa completely.

Raiden
04-30-2003, 02:48 PM
But one could argue that Seifer was still under Ultimecia's control, after all, he says "this is Ultimecia's will", or something like this. I really doubt Seifer would send her to a probable death in his 'normal' state.

celtcknight
04-26-2004, 07:03 AM
That is one part that is underdeveloped. I found it odd when i first got to the part where Rinoa confesses her love for Seifer. Maybe it was all in her head, or a jelousy game towards Squall. Hell, I even try to freeze frame the ballroom scene to see if seifer is in the background or something when she ditches Squall on the dance floor...not yet.

Big D
04-26-2004, 07:55 AM
Rinoa went out with Seifer for an unknown amount of time, as much as a full year before the events in the game. Hardly a big, ongoing deal, just a bit of "baggage" in her past. She still cared about him, naturally, hence her upset at learning the 'news' of his execution.

When Rinoa took off on the dance floor, she was going to find Cid, as she explained to Squall in Timber.

Erdrick Holmes
04-26-2004, 02:26 PM
Wow, this thread was revived after over a year. Cool.

Iceglow
04-26-2004, 04:02 PM
Seifer would never be welcome in SeeD or associated with them as Squall said to Rajin and Fujin "This isn't some internal garden problem any more, if you're with Seifer then you're not part of garden" (I can't remember the exact quote but then they agree that Seifer is not sane and not the one they like "We've decided to leave Seifer up to you" so in the end I don't think that Rajin and Fujin would let Seifer go off the rails again and if he did then they all know Squall and company would just stop them again by kicking their asses and possibly putting them in the Garden detention centre. IMHO Seifer knows that he cannot go back to SeeD and none of the world powers will have anything to do with him seeing as Gabaldia was controlled by the sorceress but now must possibly have for the first time in ages a democratic government Deling was an only child (trivial information) he's dead, Edea is no longer a major sorceress and could not deal with a revolt she wants to melt away with Cid into their orphanage the way I see it by killing Ultimecia Squall, Zell and Selphie actually managed to accomplish the first mission they were given after graduation they liberated Timber the individual nations of the Gabaldian "State" will rule themselves. Trabia has nothing but the Shuumi and a destroyed Garden that the students are trying to re build (why the hell didn't Squall seem bothered he was the commander of SeeD they were his people his troops that were killed or shook up by the missiles you think he'd have Balamb Garden techs help out and possibly request the ones from FH too) Esthar is ruled by Laguna Loire the dad of Seifers bitter rival and now he has an option FH is neutral (don't know how they would feel about the former general and knight of the sorceress who ordered their homes burned though) and can house him like it houses Martine or if he was accepted go and live with Edea and Cid in the Orphanage.

Also what the hell happened to Edea's SeeD / The White SeeDs their ship was in Centra last time you see it and near Ultimecia's castle is the bodies of several White SeeDs did they throw themselves at her in a futile effort only to be crushed by the former GF now monster Tiamat? (that came from the offical walkthrough) yet another undefined angle of the story hmm so many questions we need a sequel just to tie up the story even if it was only a short 30 minute animated clip preferably just because it would be fitting done in the original engine for FFVIII FMVs and with voice actors

celtcknight
04-27-2004, 01:37 AM
well said.

For some reason I thought that saeifer was fishing at balamb. Why i dont know maybe the scenes look alike. I never saw a pier at FH, only at balamb. But anyway it makes perfect sense that seifer would flee to FH because it was neutral.

Also squall didnt help trabian seeds possible because hes still new at the job and incompetent. Did trabian seeds know squall was in charge? Yup FFVIII-2 would help here.

Big D
04-27-2004, 01:49 AM
Nah, it pretty clear that they actually are at Balamb, not FH. There are trees and hills in the backgorund, FH has neither. Nor does it have small, wooden piers, since FH is in the middle of the ocean supported by gigantic struts. FH wouldn't host a violent ex-military guy who may or may not be wanted, and who was allied with the forces abehind an assault on their homes. Balamb, however, is much more broad-minded and didn't significantly suffer; it's also a very open and forgiving place.

Del Murder
04-27-2004, 05:58 AM
Off topic: When I first saw this thread I thought the posts were going back in time.

Rusty
04-27-2004, 03:33 PM
*sigh* I wish I lived in FF8.....*sigh*

Nuff said.

Iceglow
04-27-2004, 06:38 PM
it could also be the lakes near timber or winhill Seifer, Rajin and Fujin are all extremely competent fighters they'd have no trouble surviving but I agree it would be balamb seeing as Rajin cannot catch Balamb fish and therefore Seifer may be trying to teach the numb nutted man the difference.

Edit: and no one wish they live in a computer game world, too much final fantasy tatics advance over weekend and monday urgh one to three hours sleep and arghh its in my mind!!! Someone offer help with my addiction :eek:

Rusty
04-28-2004, 09:47 AM
dont worry! You are not alone...I'm an addict to, I'm starting 2 sound like rajin..I really feel like hotdogs and I play till 2am and still dont get to slept till 3 coz its in my mind :D
Haha :)

And I do wanna live in FF8...*sigh*

celtcknight
04-28-2004, 08:44 PM
Nah, it pretty clear that they actually are at Balamb, not FH. There are trees and hills in the backgorund, FH has neither. Nor does it have small, wooden piers, since FH is in the middle of the ocean supported by gigantic struts. FH wouldn't host a violent ex-military guy who may or may not be wanted, and who was allied with the forces abehind an assault on their homes. Balamb, however, is much more broad-minded and didn't significantly suffer; it's also a very open and forgiving place.

I didn't remember FH ever being occupied by Galbadian forces like Balamb was. If I were the mayor of Paris, I wouldn't want Hitler retiring in my city. But I will go with my first instinct that Seifer retired in Balamb, even though FH is more optimal like Switzerland.

Big D
04-28-2004, 09:29 PM
FH was attacked by Galbadia; Balamb was merely occupied. But Seifer didn't go to either place during his reign in the Galbadian army.
Anyway, that pier is clearly in Balamb.