PDA

View Full Version : OK OK, What about us UK ppl

cypher
04-22-2003, 09:33 AM
ok i've seen plenty of posts about the US version under beta testing and the JP doing bloody great out there and expansion planned but hello the UK maybe small but we are here and quite a large nation, common give some games man, we miss out on loads as it is, always bottom of the barrel well this barrel wants a roll!!

so anyone got any info on what is going on with the UK version, is there a UK version in the plans cuz me got a pretty nice PC i think, im jus downloading the bench mark now, broadband running slow today boy ohwell if anyone got any news just fill me in

T0KE
04-22-2003, 02:15 PM
We in the US cannot even get a confirmation date. But since beta popped up out of nowhere, this is good signs that it's coming sometime soon. As for UK date? We cannot even get our own date. Sorry.:(

Bahamut2000X
04-22-2003, 05:12 PM
Well the date for the PS2 release is currently november this year, it might change again, who knows. But I say it'll be a while after the North American release. Probally best to import a North American PS2 and FFXI to get it sooner seeing as the languages won't really be anything different and the game won't be out for a good while in Europe I assume.

Bahmant zero
04-23-2003, 04:04 PM
being in the UK i wont hope on getting it. Ive bougt other MMORPG's to fill the time and to stop me getting exicted over a title whitch if is realesed wont come out until the rest of the world is finished playing it. its sad that were at the bottom of the barrel, i know its stupid but someday i hope we get games sometime around normal realse dates :(

T0KE
04-23-2003, 10:18 PM
Your wish may just come true...

As game consoles evolve every couple years, they are getting to become more of a PC. This is very good. PC games all use basicly the same codings to run on. They have to. So if a PC game is already made in one language. It takes VERY little time to translate text. With the consoles we have today, each version is unique and the games need to be modified to fit the other country versions. I mean you can go to a computer stor in Japan, buy a japan PC. If you have America version of Windows, the computer accepts it and it runs as if it were american made. See my point?

cypher
04-24-2003, 01:13 AM
yhe ai know what ur saying, some of the stuff i "borrow" from the internet with my broadband are american versions or other and they run fine on my english pc wid english windows but then thats the life of a PC, all C++ and up, at the end of the day cuz we mostly run windows all the cores are the same, same code different text for diferent country simple

but to covnert PS2 to PC is hard at the moment and costly for companies, hopefully machines will evolve closer to PC but further away from X-box, i dunno why btu X-Box jus scares me

you couldnt play an american version in the UK could u? i swear it wouldnt work, or ur end up payin BT shit loads of cash

Kalel
07-06-2003, 12:36 AM
Online games usually are made for pcs. So it won't be hard to have on pc. You can basically get Japan version right if you wanted. USA should get pc version in October around my birthday which is cool. UK should have no problem with USA version.