PDA

View Full Version : All the rumors put together

Radje
04-22-2003, 05:51 PM
I've been craving for more knowledge about FFX-2 ever since i visited the forum, but it's annoying to have to search through all the threads to peice together what it might be like. So here's what i propose, Pretty please can everyone who visits the FFX-2 forum post all the rumors they have heard about FFX-2 so us poor people who don't have the game yet can learn more to pass the long wait untill we get it.

These are the rumors i have heard:

Yuna's personality has changed a lot.
There are 3 different endings you can get.
Lenne and shuin are very similar to Tidus and Yuna.
Lenne is a clone of Yuna and/or was Tidus's original girlfriend back in his Zanarkand.
Shuin is a clone of Tidus and/or was the original Tidus
The ATB is back and improved.
Monsters can actually move around in battle.
Your party can preform "chain attacks"
The party uses dress spheres to change their outfit and job
You take part in several different missions instead of one big story.
It may be coming out in Europe before America.
It broke the platinum level in just it's first day or release in Japan.
Rikku talks about Yuna's "Assets"
All the main PCs (Playable characters) are female.
Yuna has a dream about being shot or something.

Ok, thats all i can think of, can anyone confirm or add to the list of rumors?. Oh and feel free to ask anyone about any of these rumors. I warn you, i can confirm any of these apart from the lack of clothing :) Thanks

Rye
04-22-2003, 08:08 PM
Yup all the rumors are 100% true except the one about Yuna's "assets" And I'm not sure about the one with Eureope getting FFX-2 first.

Enigma
04-22-2003, 10:21 PM
Lenne and Shuin aren't clones. Lenne isn't Tidus' ex girlfriend and I'm not sure about Shuin being the original Tidus. Those were just rumors that people created when they first heard/saw Shuin and Lenne

Kupo
04-23-2003, 01:33 AM
Well, as to the "assets"...

Rikku would have talked about them in the hot springs scene if Yuna didnt freak out and tell her to go away:p

Rye
04-23-2003, 01:57 AM
What a pervert! (and not cool like zidane)

Geez I'm gonna have to change my name to "PaineYuna89" or something @.@

IamTidus
04-23-2003, 02:55 AM
Naw, I like RikkuYuna89 better and plus you would have to get a new signature.

Kimera 726
04-23-2003, 03:13 AM
Still you wonder in FFX, the fayth say they recreated Tidus's Zanarkand from their memories. Perhaps they got some of the details incorrect? That could be why it can be believed that Tidus and Shuin are the same.

Rye
04-23-2003, 01:05 PM
Lol, yeah I agree IamTidus.

Perhaps they got some of the details incorrect? That could be why it can be believed that Tidus and Shuin are the same.

I think that Tidus got arrested because of looking like Shuin.Maybe Shuin did a bad thing @.@

Kupo
04-23-2003, 02:48 PM
Wait, am I really dumb?

I was under the impression that Tidus never really was arrested, and that the sphere was of Shuin or something...? :confused:

Enigma
04-24-2003, 01:24 AM
POSSIBLE SPOILER

There's a scene showing that, isn't there? About Shuin really being arrested instead of Tidus? I think I downloaded it on Kazaa....

yunie
04-24-2003, 10:56 AM
yup! there's scene in ffx-2 that shows shuin being arested and the scene is in the first sphere that yuna got from kimahri(kimahri found a sphere that contains shuin and he thought he might be tidus so he give the sphere to yuna and there begins the sphere hunting...)

shuin is not tidus clone or original tidus... he is a guy from bevelle that looks like tidus and somehow i think he looks like in age around 20-25... as for lenne, she is a summoner and also a singer from zanarkand. both of them are real people from 1000 years ago... and of course its obvious that both of them are lovers... there's a war btw bevelle and zanarkand last time and i think lenne dont want to get involve in it so shuin wanted to use the forbidden machina, vegnagun to protect lenne... but lenne stop him and both of them got caught and got shoot to dead...

in the game you can get three different ending and one ultimate ending where tidus and yuna talk a little bit in zanarkand. u can get the ultimate ending by playing the game 2 times so that you will completed 100 % of the story...

and one thing about shuin being arested, i think when he atempts to use the vegnagun the first time, he got into jail and the second time is he escape from the jail and manage reach vegnagun but lenne stop him at that time... i thinks is like that lah...

Kupo
04-24-2003, 06:36 PM
Ok, so just to clarify/sum up... Tidus was never arrested, correct? This is the impression I was always under. Because Since the X-2 ending (the best one you can get) begins with the ending scene of X, where Tidus wakes up in the water, it wouldnt make much sense if he was arrested somewhere between the two. Also, the spheres show up because Shuin somehow left them around for people to find and learn from, right? Which is why he's all pissy in the game, because no one has learned anything and people are still fighting?

Rye
04-24-2003, 06:40 PM
eek! I read another spoiler @.@ lol I'm used to it.

Ok! Now I get it. I was confused before but now I'm not. :)

Scandalous
04-24-2003, 07:31 PM
Yuna's personality changed alot...I thought it only changed when Lenne was inside her or something. So she acted like Lenne when Lenne was inside her??? :confused: ahhhhhh....i dunno. FFX-2 got me all confused again I see.

Rye
04-24-2003, 07:42 PM
Lenne goes inside of her? Wow! sounds good!

Scandalous
04-24-2003, 07:55 PM
Yeah...I know all about it....

Lenne's spirit (Lenne no longer has a body of her own like Shuin) is inside of the dress sphere that Yuna finds in X-2, which allows Yuna to take on Lenne's appearance and voice and acts like a different person, which is how Lenne sings 1000 no Kotoba through Yuna in one of the FMVs showing scenes from Lenne's past and how she died. In one of the endings, where Shuin is stopped from using Vengagun and is muttering on the floor to himself, Lenne comes out of Yuna and walks over to him.

This is what happens when you spend hours reading up on a game that isn't even out in your country yet. :eep:

Kupo
04-24-2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Scandalous
This is what happens when you spend hours reading up on a game that isn't even out in your country yet. :eep:

I understand completely. You know, now that I think about it... I know more about this game pre-english release than I have about any of the other FF's before I played them. Is this just me?

Enigma
04-25-2003, 02:16 AM
Same here...probably because it's the first direct sequel to a FF and who can't resist? I bet even the people who absouletly hate the idea will try it.

yunie
04-25-2003, 08:32 AM
if you all wanna read what happen to shuin in the end, you can read the translation below... this is the part whereshuin is defeted and lenne come out from yuna's body

after you defeat shuin in the game... this is the translation i made(this is what i can get with my japanese and my japanese is not very good... )
yuna steps forward:shuin...
shuin:what do you know...
lenne then came out from yuna's body...
shuin:lenne?
shuin tries to push lenne away but lenne grab one of his hands...
shuin:lenne
lenne:we meet finally...
shuin:yes, 1000 years have past, we meet finally...
lenne:thats fine...(then she says something about shuin's feeling... sorry...due to that i'm not really expert in japanese...)so, lets stop everything.lets go home.
shuin:is it ok...?
lenne put her hands on shuin shoulder:what can we not do, after all its been 1000 years...(not very sure about what she say in this part)lets go back to sleep, shuin... we'll stay together forever...
shuin lowered his head as lenne say: its a beautiful song... its for you(she says 'atarashi uta' uta means song and i think atarashi means beautiful... i think...or was it happy...?the song she mean must be 1000 no kotoba)
shuin hugs lenne and lenne turn around and says thanks to yuna and yuna nods...
shuin and lenne later slowly dissapeared into pyreflies form...

if there is any mistake pls tell me and i'll correct it!!! ^^

Rye
04-25-2003, 12:57 PM
I've read so much about FFX-2 because it is the first Final Fantasy, that I actually have to wait for. I started playing FFs a year after FFX came out ^.^

Scandalous
04-25-2003, 01:59 PM
I understand completely. You know, now that I think about it... I know more about this game pre-english release than I have about any of the other FF's before I played them. Is this just me?

Hehehe. Nah, it isn't just you. I've never read up so much about a FF game before in my life, either. :p

Same here...probably because it's the first direct sequel to a FF and who can't resist? I bet even the people who absouletly hate the idea will try it.

Probably.

Oh, and yay! Thanks for the translation Yunie! *reads it over and over* ^_^ I can't wait for this game to come out~! :D :D :D

Rye
04-25-2003, 02:25 PM
I can't wait until it comes out! I really want to beat the game so I can read the spoilers!

BTW Scandalous, your blog is really cool! Can you help me make one?

Scandalous
04-25-2003, 02:28 PM
Thanks!!! Of course I'll help you! I like to serve.

Rinna Lee
05-03-2003, 01:09 AM
There is also a rumor that Paine's father could be Auron...it seems a little bit strange if you ask me,but it could happen. I also heard that she has a secret past in her life...what could it be?.......!!!!!! i need to play this game now!!!!!!:mad2:

Kupo
05-03-2003, 05:29 AM
Don't even get me started on Auron. Ya'll know how I can get about him, right?;)

I too have been told she has a secret, most likely to do with Baralai and the other dudes (haha, I can't remember their names right now)

Shuin
05-03-2003, 08:01 AM
That 2 dudes with Baralai is called Nooj, from Youth Alliance. One more is from Machina Faction call Gipple.

Rye
05-03-2003, 12:12 PM
Yeah Iwas reading the translations for the FMV Destiny (I've been bad, I'm reading spoilers) and nooj says that "It's a complicated 4-Way relationship"

Kupo
05-04-2003, 12:11 AM
A complicated relationship, eh? Hopefully her character will really be developed in this game, I wanted so much more character back-story in the original! I hope its nothing too wierd... at least its about Paine's past and not her boobs.:eep: