PDA

View Full Version : Ff 5 bug (anthology)

Siroa
04-23-2003, 01:30 AM
I'm surely not the first who noticed that, but yesterday I tried to save my game, and into the menu, I pressed up until the cursor goes to save instead of pressing down. Then the screen appeared with f**ked up character, like if the tiles table wasn't pointing at the good bitmaps.... Anyone else noticed that?

chadmonkey
04-23-2003, 01:35 AM
There is a known bug in FF5 on Anthologies when it is played on the PS2 that Square announced that it knows about and says that there is no fix for. A few PSOne games don't function quite right on the PS2(FF5 being one of them). The bug is that when the user saves, sometimes the save screen glitches and the characters and text are messed up. Everything will work fine and you can even save(if you memorize what button order to push or are fluent in gibberish) if it does glitch. The only workaround that was ever mentioned is to cancel out of the screen and try again. Then repeat this until you get a glitch-free screen. Fun, huh?:D

Siroa
04-26-2003, 01:00 AM
haha ok, i'll do it that way!

DJZen
04-30-2003, 08:54 PM
good thing it's not a serious bug like game save erasey!

Shoyku
05-02-2003, 12:27 AM
Yeah, I was pretty pissed when I had to cancel quite a few times to no avail. Then just memorized the damn order 'cause of the glitch.

Faris_the_guy
05-06-2003, 11:57 PM
I know every button by heart. It was freaky at first, bout i got used to it.

final boss
05-15-2003, 10:54 PM
Yeah. It happens to me too.:mad2: What about the screen after the opening movie and the title screen? That gets messed up too. I found that out because I always die and I always reset.