PDA

View Full Version : About Cards

Dazlar Bynon
04-23-2003, 02:35 PM
I must say that some characters don't want to play there rare cards! I'm not talking about Genaral Carraway, because you have to loose Ifrit to him first! But Zell's mom doesn't want to play Zell's card, only after kicking her *behind* a lot she finally played Zell! The guy in the yellow raincoat is supposed to have a GF-card but he doesn't want to play it either, but Iknow I've done it before!

This pisses me off...
[start directing my anger towards Zell and out of nowhere Selphie starts joining me]

Zifnab
04-23-2003, 08:34 PM
I have this problem too, and it seems to be random which cards appear rarely. I know I have the problem with Zell's mom, I think someone said you need Zell in your party but it still appears rarely.

Dazlar Bynon
04-24-2003, 05:17 AM
I also never seem to finish the Card Quest, and where is that Chocobo shrine supposed to be? I just can never seem to get all the cards!

Erdrick Holmes
04-24-2003, 05:21 AM
I had to repetedly play against that kid doing laps around the Garden to get the 3 Iron Giants needed to make a star fragment, I was dueling him for about 5 hour straght untill he gave up his Iron Giants. I had the punishment by the end of disc 2.

Big D
04-24-2003, 05:24 AM
The Chocobo Shrine is in that huge forest north of Esthar. You've got to go there after finding treasure in every Chocobo forest.

As for the other rare cards... there are some you can't get without finishing the card quest - the part in Dollet, where you have to intentionally lose cards to the Queen so that her father can base new cards upon them.

I found it much easier to beat the CC group, then play them aboard the Ragnarok - and the Card Queen at the escape pod landing site - in disc four to get all of the remaining cards.

Dazlar Bynon
04-24-2003, 05:28 AM
Then I guess you had Minimog as well, since he's carieing that one! But you might also try to get Quistis which is a little better. I always seem to have to fight Trepe Groupie #3 for that, even though it should be possible with any groupie, I don't know!

Erdrick Holmes
04-24-2003, 05:29 AM
Wait a second when you get to disc 4 you cannot go anywhere else you can only figt Adel, once disc 4 begins you cannot enter the Ragnork and leave the Lunitac Pandora, disc 4 is a piont of no return

Spatvark
04-24-2003, 05:46 AM
The CC group are ON the Ragnarok; when you find and take off in it on disc 4, press circle and then hold triangle. It'll take you to the hold where you'll find Xu. All of the CC group will onboard the Ragnarok now so you can play them all you want... though it gets really hard (but if you're cunning, then you can do a whole lotta funky stuff)

Sephex
04-24-2003, 09:12 AM
Yes, thats why I kind of stopped playing cards...it just got to time consuming for me. I know the cards help out in a bunch of ways but when I went through FFVIII, I did the most half-assed job in the world and STILL had an alright time beating it. Side quest stuff is so over-rated.

Kimera 726
04-24-2003, 09:17 AM
Better to fight for the goods than play a stupid game. :D

Sephex
04-24-2003, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Kimera 726
Better to fight for the goods than play a stupid game. :D

I agree(assuming you on my side by saying 'playing the game' meaning the actual game not the card game).

Dazlar Bynon
04-24-2003, 01:04 PM
Yet it is a part of the game, you can try and take advantage of it (if that what you call it!), or play for the card quest, or ignore it all together. The choice is up to you, you can have any opinion about it you want, just don't try to force your way upon anyone here, please, thanx! :mad:

Erdrick Holmes
04-24-2003, 06:01 PM
But once you get on disc four you cannot get back on the ragnarok. What the hell are you talking about.

Sephex
04-24-2003, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Dazlar Bynon
Yet it is a part of the game, you can try and take advantage of it (if that what you call it!), or play for the card quest, or ignore it all together. The choice is up to you, you can have any opinion about it you want, just don't try to force your way upon anyone here, please, thanx! :mad:

Who the hell said I was forcing my way on anyone? Thats pretty sad if you felt you had to listen to me just because I said something. Okay, "plz thx".:rolleyes2

Psychotic
04-24-2003, 07:19 PM
3 words:Ellone, Laguna Card.

One more word:AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dazlar Bynon
04-24-2003, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Sephex
Who the hell said I was forcing my way on anyone? Thats pretty sad if you felt you had to listen to me just because I said something. Okay, "plz thx".:rolleyes2

I didn't, I just thought I would tell anyone who would. It was just your opinion, I'm okay with that. I don't want anyone to think they know everything best, not even if they disagree with you (or not). I apologize for if I didn't make it clear enough, no hard feelings?! ;)

Big D
04-25-2003, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by Akumaou812
But once you get on disc four you cannot get back on the ragnarok. What the hell are you talking about. You have to go through one of those 'portals' outside Ultimecia's castle - the one that leads to the great forest north of Esthar. Move through the forest 'till you find the Chocobos' "Holy Ground". Ride a Chocobo out of there and into the ocean. Stay in the shallows- you can't ride in deep water. Work your way south. It's not easy, but eventually you can get to the Centra continent. The Ragnarok is in the middle of the Kashkabald Desert.
Good luck!

Sephex
04-25-2003, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by Dazlar Bynon
I didn't, I just thought I would tell anyone who would. It was just your opinion, I'm okay with that. I don't want anyone to think they know everything best, not even if they disagree with you (or not). I apologize for if I didn't make it clear enough, no hard feelings?! ;)

Of course not, I just thought it was odd. Noooooo biggie.

kali
04-27-2003, 09:58 AM
UM.......wait.....THERE'S A CHOCOBO SHRINE????

Big D
04-27-2003, 11:18 AM
Well, it's not exactly a 'shrine' as such, just another of those Chocobo forests, but it's different to the rest - according to that 'Chocoboy' twerp, it's the Chocobos' "Holy Ground".

Princess Rinoa
04-27-2003, 12:59 PM
Ahh by the way was it a woman called Flo has Irvine's card? I keep do a card game with her and still haven't seen it.

Dazlar Bynon
04-27-2003, 01:09 PM
Ahh by the way was it a woman called Flo has Irvine's card? I keep do a card game with her and still haven't seen it. Flo definitely has a rare card, I think it's indeed Irvine, but I'm not sure!

Princess Rinoa
04-27-2003, 01:18 PM
I thought she had but I've had 12 games with her and haven't seen it... prehaps I should cheat and get a game shark...kidding! :D

PhoenixAsh
04-27-2003, 01:53 PM
To get Irvine from Flo you have to do most of the Queen of Cards Quest. Getting the Ragnorok on disc 4 I find easiest by taking the portal straight to Centra and using the chocobo from the forest surrounded by mountains.
The Ragnorok on disc 4 does make the game incredibly easy, so I always try to get everything on disc 3, thats why I've only killed Ulty once.

thelynchpin
05-01-2003, 12:44 PM
What's the Queen of Cards Quest? And where do you find her on Disk 4 through the portal?

Jentleness
05-01-2003, 06:22 PM
Aaaaahhhhhhh! It took me months, months! to finish FF8 because I was trying to win every #%@* card in the game. *Shudders at the thought of it*. I remember hours of playing and playing and reloading and saving and playing and reloading...:frust: FF8 is the only one of the four I have (which is 7-10) that I haven't replayed! Well, maybe I will replay it some day...just not the card game! :tongue:

Ultimecia
05-16-2003, 03:20 AM
I find that kid at the begining VERY annoying cus i can never catch up with him to press square and play a card game XD