PDA

View Full Version : The Charcters are Racist (SPOILER)

MJN SEFEIR
04-23-2003, 06:54 PM
First I'd Like to Make it clear that racisum is NOT JUST WHITES HATING BLACKS! It is what ever race they are I mean realy the Ronso only help each other As do Guardos Al Bad's were well hateded

In other Words everyone sorta stuck with there own race

How would you like that in real life

"Let the Japanese deal with there problerms got notin' to do with us!"

STUPID!

PhoenixAsh
04-23-2003, 07:19 PM
I think the Al Bhed thing was to show the corruption of Yevon through Wakka. He hates them because it is what he is taught, as soon as he starts to realise he has been lied to he sees they are good people. Wakka's prejudice comes from being misguided, not because he's a bad person.

The Ronso's do deal with Ronso matters, but that seemed more like a tribal thing than a race thing to me, they all lived on a cold dangerous mountain, they probably would be pretty self contained in their methods.

I thought the Guado bit was just stupid. Having good examples of how racism can occur in good people, and that it's just a lack of understanding was completely messed up by actually introducing an 'evil' race. I know they weren't all bad, but that isn't really what the main plot shows.

Psychotic
04-23-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by MJN SEFEIR
"Let the Japanese deal with there problerms got notin' to do with us!"

Japan undoubtedly has some problems. I don't know what they are. Lets just say that some crazed guy shot someone. That is a problem. It is Japan's problem. No other countries would get involved.

I personally wouldn't lift a finger to help Japan in that situation, not because I don't like Japan, but because what the hell could I do, which they couldn't?

Prodigy
04-24-2003, 01:18 AM
No, but if say Japan was getting invaded by Germany (for comedy value) then if you were a small gang of elite fighters you'd go and help out.

Sephex
04-24-2003, 09:22 AM
You are reading way to much into it. I would have explained but the previous posters did it just fine.

Rye
04-24-2003, 01:35 PM
I thoguht it was racist, but that's wh ythe game was so good. They made it like a real live world, where religion and customs come toghter. ^.^

Shlup
04-24-2003, 08:31 PM
Oh yeah, I thought that game was incredibly racist. Luckily none of the races were real, so only extremists'll get mad about it; like the people who got all huffy 'cause the only Hispanic guy in Star Wars II (was he Hispanic? I thought Fett was Black?) was a bad guy.

HOOTERS
04-25-2003, 05:24 AM
I guess you could say the character's in the game were racist but it's just like other made up worlds, like Middle Earth, where the elves and dwarves hate each other.

Boba Fett and his father were both Mauris (sp?) I think.

Shlup
04-26-2003, 03:47 AM
Yeah, well, there are people that'll argue that "real life" raves are just as imaginary as races like those of FFX and Middle Earth. I saw it on TV yesterday; it was kinda neat. :o

chappu
04-26-2003, 06:04 AM
This is just one of the ways the game shows an aspect of real life. Wakka was brought up to hate the Al Bhed and thus he did, without even knowing much about them. They were simply 'bad' to him. But when he finds out Rikku is an Al Bhed he starts to realise that maybe behind their masks, the Al Bhed are really good people, just like Wakka himself.

As for SW, Jango and young Boba were New Zelanders lol, I don't see much racism there, besides Jango was by far the coolest character in Ep 2, I even have a figurine of him :D

Rye
04-26-2003, 02:28 PM
Yeah, you believe what you were brought up to believe. Kinda reminds me of a book I'm reading in school "Timothy of the Cay" ^.^ good book.

The Chaotic Demon
05-01-2003, 07:21 AM
Well, im pretty sure the game would have been very fun if there was no racism involved.... *sarcasm*
Adding different races, and then having them dislike other races was just another way to make the story more interesting and crap. Yes, I admit that Wakka kind of annoyed me every time he talked crap about the Al Bhed, but towards the end of the game, he became more open-minded and stuff... They could have put racism into the game to help develop the different characters as well.

Christmas
04-30-2022, 02:04 PM
Yuna little party has one of every race (Seymour joined for a short while) so at least someone isn't racist. :bigsmile: