PDA

View Full Version : Fortune Spheres?

Jentleness
04-24-2003, 06:37 AM
Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and I have a quick question for anyone who knows. I was just wondering where I can find some fortune spheres, the game doesn't seem to want to give them up readily. I see in my strategy guide that the Earth Eater will give me 2, but I seem to be a long way from being able to beat him. Maybe I need a little luck.....hmm....which brings me back to fortune spheres. :p Any and all help is appreciated, thanks!

Kimera 726
04-24-2003, 09:20 AM
Not until you assume control of the airship can you travel to a place called the Omega Ruins. A lot of unique spheres are located there but not until the last quarter of the game.

And if they're not there, they're nowhere. Items are practically THE most few things you can find in FFX. And that made me mad. The only way to get something is to go through some bogus sidequest where the guy you challenged gives it to you, run around 10 different areas to get it, or live with the fact that you can't get it and simply walk away. Luck is good, 255 luck is better, but from my experience, luck stats to max isn't possible in FFX. There's just not enough...STUFF. It takes too much...TIME. The game refuses to give out rare items unless you go through the special details. Whoever said that FFX gives you more opportunity to customize than FF8, well, I'm having doubts on your philosophies.

HOOTERS
04-24-2003, 03:39 PM
I have a question: What exactly does luck do anyway? They give you so few fortune spheres that I assumed luck must be a pretty good stat in FFX.

Pink Panther
05-23-2004, 03:40 PM
Luck affects everything, in a lesser way, you could hit where a miss would be and a mega hit where a normal one would be. Luck isnt needed, in fact, I recon you could get by, even with dark aeons with the 14 or so luck you started with.

Oh and dont worry about earth eater, If you have ribbon (yeah yeah dont get started on how hard THAT is to get) or deathproof (I think) and high enough stats he can be beaten quickly, before he gets too many attacks in.

Do you recon luck affects the item drops? Dark matter is really hard to come by.