PDA

View Full Version : Bring it! Fight between the leads!

Kimera 726
04-24-2003, 07:14 AM
You'd think the leads of every Final Fantasy get poosier every game. I dunno about that. But hey, that fact alone is enough to start a bar fight between each other! So who'd win in a fight between the lead characters? Stick them in the middle of an empty supermarket parking lot and give them their ultimate weapons. You got Terra, you got Cloud, Squall, Zidane, Tidus, and so on. Go ahead! Bring all 12 leads (does FFXI even count?)! Every man (or woman) for themselves. Who'd come out first?

I'll post later because I have no clue who'd come out first, to tell you the truth.

animee_
04-24-2003, 09:41 AM
i might get laughed at for saying this, but i think Tidus would do alright, give him his Calabolg and along with his break damage limit i think he would do good :D

muchacho
04-24-2003, 02:50 PM
i think while all of the good guys are fighting each other the bad guys are going to plot against them and kill all of the at the same time.

other than that i vote fighter

Psychotic
04-24-2003, 06:40 PM
You didn't mention Firion, Cecil or Bartz. Shame on you!

They'd all destroy that little girly wimp Tidus. Then again, so could Eiko, or Porom, or Rydia(child) or Relm.

All 12 leads!? There isn't 12

I:No lead
II:Firion*
III:No Lead
IV:Cecil
V:Bartz**
VI:It's widely disputed, (usually between Terra, Celes and Locke)
VII:Cloud
VIII:Squall
IX:Zidane
X:Tidus
XI:None
X-2:Yuna.

*In some translations he is known as Frioniel
**In some translations he is known as Butz, and occasionally Batz.

I don't class Fighter or anyone else as lead in FFI or FFIII, as basically they were personality-less drones. I have yet to play FFI Origins, but on the NES they didn't really say anything.

Why do I always have to do things like this?

animee_
04-24-2003, 10:52 PM
Tidus isnt really that bad :D

Rye
04-24-2003, 10:56 PM
I've only played FF7(only a little bit) to FFX but I KNOW that Squall would win. That Gun Blade is really awesome, and he would kill everyone (tidus first because I don't think squall would like him) with his over-powered limit break: LIONHEART!

Scar Face
04-25-2003, 01:00 AM
Dark Knight Cecil would kill all of them with one slash of his Death Sword and if anyone survives he would use Dark Wave to finish them All off!:radred: :hot: :evilking:

Strider
04-25-2003, 01:58 AM
I say Terra, but I'm biased. She'd deal death.

therealquigmaster
05-03-2003, 02:24 PM
omni slash would kill them all

Psychotic
05-03-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by RikkuYuna89
(tidus first because I don't think squall would like him)

Does anybody actually like him?

Originally posted by Dark Omega
Dark Knight Cecil would kill all of them with one slash of his Death Sword and if anyone survives he would use Dark Wave to finish them All off!

Yeah, I agree that Cecil is the best.

zacks_clone
05-03-2003, 11:44 PM
Simple....

_______ ____ ___ !!!!!!
| | | | | | | \ !!!!!!
| | | | | | | | !!!!!!
| | | | | | | |
|______ |____ |___| |____| |___/ !!!!!!

or...cloud....:D

IamTidus
05-04-2003, 01:10 AM
I'd Say Yuna! Bang Bang goes the pea shooter!

ChibiInuYasha
05-04-2003, 05:52 AM
First of all...
_______ ____ ___ !!!!!!
| | | | | | | \ !!!!!!
| | | | | | | | !!!!!!
| | | | | | | |
|______ |____ |___| |____| |___/ !!!!!!

WTF???

Anyhoo! I say Tidus or Squall :D

TidaRalique
05-05-2003, 03:39 AM
Let's see... (goes with the main characters he actually remembers *doesn't really remember Cecil well*)

I choose Squall and no, I'm not going on in-game battle stats or whatever (hp, damage limit or whatever).

Squall seems to have the most battle experiance out of most of the main characters (I'm going with FFVII-FFX, since FFVI didn't really have a main character yet a main focus).

It's goes like this for me: Squall, Cloud, Zidane, Tidus.

He's a bit more fit for combat than Cloud, seeing as how Squall was, in a way, more professionally trained than Cloud was <spoiler> (seeing as how Cloud was only a guard and didn't receive enough experiance to match a soldier)</spoiler>

Cloud, like Zidane and Tidus, has a more of a self-taught style and very little on-field combat experiance (well, his style is more like mimicing what he saw in battle and improving over time).

Zidane was trained by a band of thieves (most likely anyway, I know it doesn't say he was in the game), and if he wasn't he learned from being put in situations that made him rely on his swordsmanship rather than his speed. This, in my view, can't compare to the training Squall and Cloud had received.

Tidus is a different story. He was handed a sword and shoved into battle by Auron, never actually trained to use a sword by anyone. Compared to everyone else, even at the end of the game, his swordsmanship is a bit lacking and some could even say somewhat sloppy. Some would even say that he relies more on his speed than his swing.

If you want to talk magic:
Cloud and Tidus have the advantage. Cloud is the one capable of having Time, Ice, Fire, Earth, Lightning, etc. and Summoning which basically over powers Tidus' Time Magic, so Cloud is first in such a category, then Tidus (his Haste makes him quite a threat when combining it with his speed).

Sure Squall was most likely trained to handle magic and summoning, but the fact that he has to draw to gain magic enables him to be open in battle. Plus it's also possible that the draw might fail. Zidane basically doesn't have any magic.

If you want to move on in battle stats (limits, stats, battle system, damage)
Tidus would win this round, his break damage limit, hitting for 99999 and his overdrive, Blitz Ace (add on the break damage limit), would enable him to over-power Cloud, Squall and Zidane. In fact, Energy Rain and Slice and Dice is strong, if connected with break damage limit, can easily wipe out those three.

Now, when Squall and Cloud come along, it's odd. Squall deals more damage than Cloud, but Cloud hits multiple enemies (if I remember correctly), the same with Zidane (if I remember correctly). So Squall would only be able to concentrate on one enemy, while Cloud could connect with everyone, hitting for Max Damage.

*shrugs* This is all what I think though.

Kurohime
05-05-2003, 10:45 AM
Heehee... and this is based on, what? HP power? Weapon choice? Agility? Blah blah blah? ;)

I saw Zidane won't even show up to fight becuase he'll be too busy making out with Dagger. Squall won't care; he'll just stare at everyone and say, "Whatever," and then walk out. Cloud would just be stone drunk, and Bartz would come in completely clueless. Terra is to smart to get into a fight in the first place. And Tidus is... Tidus. o_O

I say only ONE lead person can really whip the asses of all the Final Fantasy characters. And he'll do it with the power that not even Penanace in FF10, Ozma in FF9, and the Weapons in FF8 and FF7 can even THINK of comprehending!!

He is the ultimate! He is THE MAN!!

HE IS SAKAGUCHI-SAMA!!! :D Heehee.

TidaRalique
05-05-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Kurohime
Heehee... and this is based on, what? HP power? Weapon choice? Agility? Blah blah blah? ;)

I saw that coming.

I kinda base it off story. I guess. Not HP or weapon of choice (I mean hell, Anyone could beat anyone with a fan if they knew how to use it)
Agility, well that's kinda story based too. Hard to explain.

Kurohime
05-06-2003, 10:03 AM
Ack... sorry Tida, I wasn't just picking on you. :) I meant that about the entire topic in general. I always see this topic just turn into a who-can-kick-whose-butt and of course everyone's reasons are based off of different things like the HP, agility, and whatever.

...although I still think Sakaguchi would kill them all!! :D

The one thing I think might give Zidane an advantage, if we're talking story, is that he's... well, if Kuja tapped into his power and decimated Terra, and Zidane was supposed to be a more powerful genome, what kind of power does that mean Zidane has that he hasn't realized?

But maybe that's moot point by the end of FF9... I guess that's one thing that we'll never really know about him!

Anyway, if we also go by abilities given to them in gameplay, Squall and Cloud have another big advantage. SUMMONS!!

...I'm probably missing a few other points somewhere but my brain is all fuddled up after playing FF1... XD

Linus J
05-06-2003, 06:04 PM
Based on the equip system I'd say Cloud. The materia system would make him too overpowered.

Mime, KoR+hp/mp absorb, w-summon, phoenix+final attack, you all know the rest. And add with that a ribbon and enough blabla sources to have all stats maxed.

I havent played through FFX then, but What I've heard you can have a crapload of life and damage, so a highly lvled Tidus would beat Zidane and Squall.

Squall would most definitely beat Zidane.

That's based on game system, character wise it's what Tidal Ralique said.

Edit: And I havent had the time to play through FF 2-5

DJZen
05-07-2003, 02:43 AM
All such scores shall be settled in The Legacy Arena...

Uhh.... I mean.... Fighter....

Mattokenzi
05-07-2003, 03:38 PM
I: Fighter
II: Firion
III: Fighter
IV: Cecil
V: Bartz
VI: that is a hard one
VII: Cloud
VIII: Squall
IX: Zidane