PDA

View Full Version : FFX debate (possible spoilers)

IamTidus
04-25-2003, 05:56 AM
Well I noticed in the several months I have been here (like 4) that people like to argue on certain topics. Well anytime it starts to get going it gets closed caused I guess the topic dosn't need it or it don't belong there. I figured I'll start a place where people can argue. As long as it dosn't get childish! I'll start it.

Do think Tidus was always a dream or do you think he became a dream after Sin attacked Spira for the first time in Tidus' Zanarkend? I personally think he became a dream after Sin attacked. Because Sin killed him in the attack and the fayth recreated him and all his memories from the far plaine when they felt it was needed. Same with His father Jecht they brought him back 10 years earlier so Tidus would have a better motive for defeating Sin other then saving a bunch of people he just met.

Well thats my opinoin if anyone else has a differnet opinoin please post it along with you reason why your think that. An if anyone post some think you don't agree with the reply. Don't do nothing, and when this topic gets worn out. just start a new one (a new topic but in the same thread).

Blizzard
04-25-2003, 06:03 AM
No, Tidus was always a dream.

The whole Zanarkand he lived in was a dream. Everyone and everything.

I would give a better retaliation, but I haven't played the game in a looooooooooooooooong time.

IamTidus
04-25-2003, 06:11 AM
Remember that the people Spira said that Zanarkend was distroyed 1000 years ago. And the Fayth said they restored everyone after Sin destoyed Zanarkend. So the people of Zanarkend in the opening scene where real at the time and died that night the fayth knew of Sin's apperence before hand and showed up as a warning.

Jentleness
04-29-2003, 01:24 AM
If I remember this correctly the fayth were spirits who stayed on in Spira to help fight Sin through Aeons. I was under the impression that the people who were destroyed in Zanarkend 1000 years ago became the fayth. They didn't want their world to be forgotten so they dreamed up Tidus' Zanarkend. If Tidus was originally alive in Zanarkend 1000 years ago when it was destroyed wouldn't the fayth have told him that he was a fayth and not a dream? Although I like the idea I don't think he was an actual person originally. The fact that they touched sin though did give his father and him more substance, and the fayth did indicate that this might be enough to survive the wakening. So not being an actual person before doesn't necessarily mean he isn't now, which we will all find out about in FFX-2 supposedly. :biggrin:

Yunie07
05-04-2003, 08:35 PM
I agree with IamTidus. He wasn't always a dream. Atleast I don't think so. If he was, why would he have a "history", RE: his dad and everything. That's just my view on it. Like everyone else, I could be wrong, but I just don't understand why thy would make the main FFX character a dream all along? :choc:

Auron-
08-11-2004, 08:48 PM
maybe his alive 1000 years ago in Spira and after he died the fayth dream him.........

Carnage
08-12-2004, 01:19 AM
And if tidus's zanarkend was never real how did auron go to it and get tidus?

Kilika
08-12-2004, 05:37 AM
MAJOR SPOILERS!

Auron was already dead. When Sin attacked Zanarkand that was actually Jecht as Sin....
Auron: "You are sure?"

And Later on in the game....

Auron: "Jecht is Sin."

Auron was just an unsent so I guess he could have gone between the fayth's dream world and the real world. Jen of Alex puts it pretty good. Sin was the connection between Zanarkand and Spira. I dunno.

Auron-
08-12-2004, 05:50 AM
but why Tidus and Jecht?

Kilika
08-12-2004, 05:58 AM
I dunno....i guess the real question is why jecht? Jecht was the first to go...Tidus was chosen because his father had gone before him and also was it the fayth that chose Tidus, or was it Jecht that chose Tidus? I never recalling why they chose Jecht....maybe because he was so buff....i dunno can we get an expert in here?

Behold the Void
08-12-2004, 09:56 AM
Let's get started.

Tidus and Jecht never were real. Sin was created by Yu Yevon after Zanarkand was destroyed by Bevelle, who had greater technology (machina) than Zanarkand did. The Fayth dreamed Zanarkand and populated it. I believe in FFX-2 they hint that Shiyun was the original Tidus, or Tidus's model.

Del Murder
08-15-2004, 06:23 PM
This thread is super old. Please don't post in topics from last year.