PDA

View Full Version : Diablo 2 disc error

Erdrick Holmes
04-25-2003, 09:23 PM
I was trying to play Diablo 2 today, I put in the "play disc" and the Diablo 2 startup menu came up, I clicked "Play Diablo 2" then I got a messeage saying "Please insert Diablo 2 play disc" I thought I needed to uninstall it and try to reload it again and the game worked but when I came back home from the grocery store I tried to play again by opening the game directly form the play disc and I got the same error message. What the hell is wrong wth my game?

crono_logical
04-26-2003, 04:43 AM
Might be becaue you've turned off Auto-Insert Notification on the CD drive, so since Window's hasn't realised you've changed the CD, Diablo thinks you've still got some other disc in the drive. You could always try rebotting with the CD in the drive to see if that's the case, although that's a short term solution.

A longer term solution, which I'm not sure works on all PCs, but at least on mine, is to turn it back on, then if you don't like how it actually autoruns like I do, use TweakUI to turn it off for Data CDs only - it still seems to pick up the fact the disc changed now, just doesn't autoplay it.

Erdrick Holmes
04-26-2003, 05:54 AM
I truned on aouto play and when I put in the disc the Diablo 2 startup menu came up. I clicked play Diablo 2 and it still said "Please insert the Diablo 2 play disc" amd that startup menu only comes up when I put in the play disc. What the hell is wrong with my system?

Divina
04-27-2003, 06:53 AM
<font face="Comic Sans MS", style=font-size:95%, font color=#C0B3FF>I had that problem. Try running a virus scanner...it could be because you might have a virus. *has noted your other thread* It's a bit weird, but I had that same problem too, and I found out about it after I formatted my computer twice. ^^0</font>