PDA

View Full Version : Refrences to other FF's in FFX (SPOILERS IGUST)

MJN SEFEIR
04-25-2003, 10:17 PM
I notticed that FFIX isn't the only FF with refrences!

1: RUNNIG BATTLE

you know how Auron and Tidus are Running of screen in the Battle with sinscales refrence to FF1 were you'd run off screene in a battle

2: UNWELCOME RETURN

in the farplane Tidus asks "Do dead guys LIVE there?" you see aload of Ghostly Images float around Tidus if you look realy close YOU CAN SEE DOOM GAZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you think of any?

Rye
04-26-2003, 12:22 AM
Um...

Yunalesca uses the one of her attacks to kill auron, as she does when you battle her...

Ok that was pretty bad!

chappu
04-26-2003, 06:07 AM
I was actually surprised. After FF9, which was full of references, FFX had almost nothing! It still supports the tradition with Cid, Biggs, Wedge, Ifrit and Shiva, but apart from that, I saw nothing...

Blizzard
04-26-2003, 02:41 PM
You said it well chappu.

§håd0w
07-21-2003, 01:42 AM
basically all the weapons had reference to other weapons or airships: highwind, ragnarok, masamune, rune steel, myrthil armlet, crystal bangle, god hand, shuriken, excalibur, full metal rod. then some of the aeons were the same: shiva, ifrit, bahamut.

wait... shuriken was in 7, and it had reference to mystic quest. kimarhi's jump was also in ff4. alot of the mosters were the same, as well as their attacks

Edit by Gau: The edit button is your friend, please use it.

Cz
07-21-2003, 06:09 PM
A lot of basic things, like weapon names, monsters, spells, and items were carried over, as well as a surprisingly small number of summon monsters.

Apart from that, there were surprisingly few references.

TheAbominatrix
07-21-2003, 11:06 PM
Well it did of course have the Magus Sisters, who were bosses in FFIV, in the Tower of Zot. They dont look the same (save for their body types) but they're still named Sandy, Cindy, and Mindy.

Not every FF game needs 7000 references to it's predecessors. I prefer when they only throw one or two out.

PhoenixAsh
07-22-2003, 12:03 AM
I'm glad they didn't reference too much. Finding out that's how you pronounce chocobo was enough damage to the series as far as I'm concerned.

Auron_Kotetsu
07-23-2003, 09:05 AM
As has been said, i didn't see any that were really obvious... the few you mention sound more like coincidences.

I do like the fact that the tradition of Biggs, Wedge, Cid, etc., was continued.

By the by, Phoenix Ash, how _did_ you think chocobo was pronounced?

TheAbominatrix
07-23-2003, 09:23 AM
On the Chocobo bit... I always pronounced it Co-co-bo (like hot cocoa)... I knew it was wrong, I just liked it better then choke-oh-bow

Edit: By the way, where were Biggs and Wedge in X? I dont remember running into them.

Radje
07-23-2003, 11:31 AM
They're guards standing just above the Luca blitzball registration desk. You can sign them on your team.

wax
07-23-2003, 04:51 PM
A bunch of Lulu's dolls were references to other games, although some of them were things that appear in all the games, but I know for sure there were a couple, like Oinion Knight, Cait Sith, Moogle, Cacutaur, i think there were others, but i can't remember any.

Cz
07-23-2003, 06:40 PM
There was also a Moomba doll, which turned up in FFVIII.

§håd0w
07-23-2003, 11:33 PM
i was playin ff7 today and found some references or similarities. when tidus has drawn his sword in some scenes, it may not be the one he has equipped. as whenever cloud draws his sword, its just the buster sword, and i have ultima weapon equipped. and somethin that noone posted yet, is that the ultimate weapons usually have a damage factor, where it does more depending on hp or mp. both have temples that u can never re enter (temple of the ancients, bevelle). auron's overdrive type (bushido) had reference to history and bushido blade.

robfinalfantasy
07-26-2003, 06:09 AM
Kain's Lance

Psychotic
07-26-2003, 01:01 PM
In FFV you could Fight an enemy called a Yojimbo, who unuprisingly enough carried a big sword. However, they looked more like martial artists or monks than they did FFX Yojimbo.

Cz
07-26-2003, 08:34 PM
Which reminds me, Shinryu from FFV was a boss in the monster arena.

§håd0w
07-26-2003, 09:12 PM
so were the magus sisters. and cid appears in basically every game

PhoenixAsh
07-26-2003, 09:19 PM
Either ch -kobbo, or choco (as in chocolate) -bo. Not Choke-oh-bo.

Has anyone mentioned Ultima and Omega yet? I'm checking back, but I'm too tired to be sure.

§håd0w
07-26-2003, 09:28 PM
ultima and omega weapon are in previous games. hahah beat u to it

PhoenixAsh
07-26-2003, 09:36 PM
Not sure if that was a joke, but I meant checking back in the thread...

§håd0w
07-26-2003, 10:04 PM
sorta a really bad joke. no one mentioned it, so i figgured i would... o nevermind. but ur right, they were in previous games.......

GUESS WHAT EVERYONE!!! I HAVE BEEN DRUG/ALCOHOL FREE FOR EXACTLY ONE YEAR NOW!!! I'M SO PROUD!!! Are you?

lemonation
07-27-2003, 12:18 AM
Yes. We all are. Here, have an internet cookie. *e-mails*
Internet Cookies taste like raisens and marshmallows and are copyright of Me Inc.
...Anyway... on the subject of Chocobos, I always pronounced it choke-oh-bow. I haven't gone to Reminem in my file, So I haven't heard them say it, but me and my friends all say it that way. I've never thought about pronouncing it like chocolate though. Interesting.
And remember: Buy more Internet Cookies.:D

§håd0w
07-27-2003, 01:14 AM
On either ferry, (first time only!!!!) if u talk to the woman in the power room, she says choke-co-bo. but u have to catch her on the first time u ride either ferry. otherwise u cant hear her. the chocobo knights also say choke-co-bo whenever u talk to them. alot of people pronounce it that way in the game

lemonation
07-27-2003, 03:52 PM
Well, the point is, I'm right and spam is delicious.

Psychotic
07-27-2003, 04:56 PM
Um, I wouldn't spam that much if I were you.

Anyway, enemies such as Tonberries, Bombs, Admantoises, Malboros and Cactuars have appeared in most recent FFs, and some of the earlier ones too. (I got a shock when I came face to face with a Malboro on FFII!)

§håd0w
07-27-2003, 05:57 PM
surprisingly, i still havent encountered a marlboro in ff2. where are they at? i wanna see how much they have changed over time

TheSpoonyBard
07-27-2003, 11:57 PM
ive noticed that Nanaki (Red XIII's real name, FF7) and Anaki (the Japanese name for Brother, FF10) are quite similar.

Ultima Weapon was the big black creature that flew around the world map in FF7.

And Ultima Weapon appeared again as a boss in the underwater research lab in FF8. When you battle it, it uses Cloud's ultimate weapon from FF7.

Sin Harvest
07-31-2003, 05:32 AM
the music !!! didnt anyone else notice ?
they had some of the music from VII in there just mixed about a little. i havent finished the game yet, but im assuming that they have that music when the credits are rolling like in 7 8 and 9. if they dont im going to be extremely upset.

Empathy
07-31-2003, 06:09 AM
Suteki Da Ne is the FFX Credit Music. It's pretty popular too.

There are quite a few references, the Brotherhood sounded familiar as if it were from a previous FF too.

Just pay close attention.

MJN SEIFER
08-14-2003, 12:17 PM
I go On holiday for a week and look what happens!!
This post has way more replies!!

CHOCK-O-BO always sounded good for me!!

I think the Al Bhed's statue of Yuna With a horn might be a refrense to al other somoners in FF 3/4/5/9 were they have horns!