PDA

View Full Version : KH Final Mix Sept 17?? OMG

eternalshiva
04-26-2003, 03:05 AM
Have you guys heard about this? according to

www.playonline.com/finalmix/

its already out in Japan and will be available in Canada and the US in September!!

*SCREAM GIDDY* That is EXCITING!

That page is in Japanese but its navigatable for those who have the time lol

Has anyone heard anything else??

-e

Elephant Man
04-26-2003, 03:13 AM
Yes, but I don't see why they would release it the U.S....

Isn't Final Mix supposed to be just the Japanese version of the U.S. Version?

You know, with Sephiroth in it and Kurt Zisa?

Shoyku
04-26-2003, 03:15 AM
There are extras in Final Mix that the U.S. version doesn't have.

eternalshiva
04-26-2003, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by Elephant Man
Yes, but I don't see why they would release it the U.S....

Isn't Final Mix supposed to be just the Japanese version of the U.S. Version?

You know, with Sephiroth in it and Kurt Zisa?

Well, the version I bought in Canada already has those guys in it... is it different in the US? I beat the cr** out of Sephiroth lol and Kurt Zisa.... after 10 or 12 tries... lol

- e

Elephant Man
04-26-2003, 03:18 AM
I think the canada and U.S. versions are the same?

Also....what are these "extras" you speak of?
:cool:

eternalshiva
04-26-2003, 03:19 AM
Well, if its not what I think it is... why does Riku have wings in the pics? and the buildings are all messed up like the *SPOILER* secret movie at the end of the game... Am I missing something?

Shlup
04-26-2003, 03:42 AM
Kingdom Hearts is a game, and is made by Squaresoft; therefore this thread belongs in the "General Squaresoft" forum.

No big though. *moves*

NorthernChaosGod
04-26-2003, 03:43 AM
now i feel sad.:( i beat KH perfectly and my game froze during the credits so i never got to see the secret video. *is sad*:(

well i heard about final mix ages ago and i dont remember much but i heard that are extras we didnt see in the NTSC version.

by the way im pretty sure both Canada and the US both use NTSC equipment.

*is still sad*

eternalshiva
04-26-2003, 04:00 AM
Originally posted by Ćżćƒ2
now i feel sad.:( i beat KH perfectly and my game froze during the credits so i never got to see the secret video. *is sad*:(

well i heard about final mix ages ago and i dont remember much but i heard that are extras we didnt see in the NTSC version.

by the way im pretty sure both Canada and the US both use NTSC equipment.

*is still sad*

Oh no! if you beat it again in hard mode, you get acces to it anytime :) I swear it :)

eternalshiva
04-26-2003, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by ShlupQuack
Kingdom Hearts is a game, and is made by Squaresoft; therefore this thread belongs in the "General Squaresoft" forum.

No big though. *moves*

oh :riiight: sorry about that.... :riiight: I feel embarassed now .... *hides in corner*

NorthernChaosGod
04-26-2003, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by eternalshiva
Oh no! if you beat it again in hard mode, you get acces to it anytime :) I swear it :)

read my post here.

http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=547757#post547757

Jalbrean
04-26-2003, 04:09 AM
Here's a list of the things found in Final Mix. If you really want to find out what the goodies are. You'll find new weapons, enemies, magic and extra cutscenes. Great stuff.

Final Mix Txt (http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/kingdom_hearts_final_mix_changes.txt)

The most famous of the extras are of course the extra ansem reports, the hidden boss fight with the "Unknown" The Deep Dive secret trailer and the showdown of fate between Cloud and Sephiroth.

Where does it say it's coming to the U.S. and Canda in September?

eternalshiva
04-26-2003, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by Jalbrean
Here's a list of the things found in Final Mix. If you really want to find out what the goodies are. You'll find new weapons, enemies, magic and extra cutscenes. Great stuff.

Final Mix Txt (http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/kingdom_hearts_final_mix_changes.txt)

The most famous of the extras are of course the extra ansem reports, the hidden boss fight with the "Unknown" The Deep Dive secret trailer and the showdown of fate between Cloud and Sephiroth.

Where does it say it's coming to the U.S. and Canda in September?

On the RPG Gamer web site :)

Jalbrean
04-26-2003, 04:31 AM
12.26.2002 (Final Mix)

Sadly it's just talking about the Japanese release date which was in December. That september release date was from last year. When Kingdom Hearts was released.

Elephant Man
04-26-2003, 04:55 AM
would a memory card with KH data on it work with KH: Final Mix?

Shoyku
04-26-2003, 05:17 AM
How should we possibly know? It's one of those things you've just gotta wait for. Though I doubt it, nor would I care if it didn't work anyway. Re-living moments would be the whole purpose of re-purchasing the game just for a couple extras.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-26-2003, 06:13 AM
Considering how similar Final Mix is to the original cut, I don't see why Square would need or want to wait until September if they were inclined to release it in the West. By that time, they'll probably be generating hype for KH2, anyway.

edczxcvbnm
04-26-2003, 06:25 AM
I hope this game flops miserably but it probably will not ;_;

Jalbrean
04-26-2003, 10:33 AM
Considering the sales numbers of Kingdom Hearts I doubt you'd see a flop of the sequel. Oh well too bad for you. You'll get over it. ;>

eternalshiva
04-26-2003, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Shoyku
How should we possibly know? It's one of those things you've just gotta wait for. Though I doubt it, nor would I care if it didn't work anyway. Re-living moments would be the whole purpose of re-purchasing the game just for a couple extras.

lol I like you, you think like I do about this game lol It would be completely worth it and I agree, it would be to create more hype about the coming of the KH2.

I tried your link Jalbrean and it didn't work :cry: I was so excited about it but I was denied access :( aww *poor shiva*

Oh well.... I like your sig Jalbrean and Shoyku, that's a cute little anime av! :)

edczxcvbnm
04-26-2003, 03:43 PM
Considering the sales numbers of Kingdom Hearts I doubt you'd see a flop of the sequel. Oh well too bad for you. You'll get over it. ;>

Its not a sequel. Its the same game with a few extra things like a boss battle here and an item there. Its basically the same game so maybe it will flop in the states. America usually doesn't go for that kind of crap. ,

Shoyku
04-26-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by edczxcvbnm
America usually doesn't go for that kind of crap.
Tell that to Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance.

edczxcvbnm
04-26-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Shoyku
Tell that to Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance.

I guess that almost works except they could have easily packaged the VR mission stuff as its own game like they did on the Playstation. They added enough for it to be its own game. I am pretty sure you couldn't package the minor extras in Kingdom Hearts for its own game.

Also Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance didn't do all that well compared to how well Metal Gear Solid 2 sold. The march numbers have not been released yet so I guess we still have to wait to see how well it did on the playstation 2 but Substance didn't do all that great during the holiday season on the Box.

DJZen
04-28-2003, 08:10 PM
ed's right, the changes are minor. They do stuff like this in Japan all the time. Games get re-released with like a new ending FMV and the stuff that got added to the American version, which isn't enough to make a new game out of. They do this mainly for hardcore fans who'll buy any and every thing with FF stamped on it multiple times, and the dorks who wine about how America gets all the cool stuff. It's like the difference between an original release of a movie, and a director's cut (actually, they did this with Resident Evil: Director's Cut too).

MateriaBladeVII
04-30-2003, 01:54 AM
Are you kidding me? Kingdom Hearts Final Mix would do really well in the U.S. Loads of KH fans would merely buy the game for those "minor extras". Anyway if what you say is true, I'll definitely get it! :laughing: You guys are forgetting that this game isn't only produced by Square- Disney Interactive has a say in this, too. Since Square is based in Japan and Disney Interactive is based in America and a special version of their joint project was released only in Square's location, to make it fair for Disney and the Americans they'd have to release the game over here too, right?

And as for what's in KH Final Mix: there's the infamous battle between Cloud and Sephiroth, various extra bosses- including that Hooded Guy and some sort of giant white mushroom, many new cut-scenes and storylines, new monsters to fight (like those Neo Shadows seen in the secret ending), and to add to all that it seems they give you a little more insight into Riku's side of the story- like where he goes after the darkness swallows him and his journey to find Kairi. He's possibly even a playable character for awhile. Also, new weapons and items are available. There's more, too.

Could anyone tell me if this is just a rumor or if Final Mix will actually be released to North America in September?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-30-2003, 02:17 AM
It's just a rumor.

Jalbrean
04-30-2003, 03:06 AM
eternalshiva - You can find the txt file for the extras at www.gamefaqs.com

edczxcvbnm - For some reason I thought you were making refrence to the sequel of Kingdom Hearts, not Final Mix. Looking back over the posts i'm not quite sure where I got that. ;p Sorry.

Evil Cloud - Like Kawaii Ryűkishi said. It's just a rumor. If you take a look at the release dates on the page eternalshiva directed us too. They're all 2002 release dates.

MateriaBladeVII
04-30-2003, 05:13 AM
Oh....... well, there's always a chance.... :shame:

Darn it, eternalshiva! You got me all excited! I really wanna play KH Final Mix, but i guess the only way to do that now is to spend years learning the Japanese language and getting the Japanese version. Hmmph- like that's gonna happen... :mad:

I just don't understand why the Japanese get all the good stuff! :crying: I mean, it's unfair! Especially this time when it was a joint project between the U.S. and Japan! Just because a few of Square's characters are in it.... We should get it, too! The Disney characters outnumber the Square characters! I mean, they don't even know who Donald and Goofy are!!! It's stupid!!!! :hot: Disney is something completely American and we should have the right to have it translated into our language!!!

Sorry- I'm starting to throw a fit. I'll shut up now. :laughing:

edczxcvbnm
04-30-2003, 08:48 AM
They didn't release FFX International so I think there is a ZERO chance of this game coming here.

eternalshiva
04-30-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Evil_Cloud22
Oh....... well, there's always a chance.... :shame:

Darn it, eternalshiva! You got me all excited! I really wanna play KH Final Mix, but i guess the only way to do that now is to spend years learning the Japanese language and getting the Japanese version. Hmmph- like that's gonna happen... :mad:

I just don't understand why the Japanese get all the good stuff! :crying: I mean, it's unfair! Especially this time when it was a joint project between the U.S. and Japan! Just because a few of Square's characters are in it.... We should get it, too! The Disney characters outnumber the Square characters! I mean, they don't even know who Donald and Goofy are!!! It's stupid!!!! :hot: Disney is something completely American and we should have the right to have it translated into our language!!!

Sorry- I'm starting to throw a fit. I'll shut up now. :laughing:

LMAO!

Sorry I got you all excited, I was too and Jalbrean was nice enough to ruin it for me (sorry Jalbrean) If you learn Japanese, count me in! Wečll learn it together and play all the cool games the japanese think are too good for north america!! lol we'll brag about it and rub it in everyone's face... sounds like a deal eh???

- e

MateriaBladeVII
04-30-2003, 09:17 PM
Hehe- absolutely! Now for that Japanese language class.... :goofy:

eternalshiva
05-02-2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Evil_Cloud22
Hehe- absolutely! Now for that Japanese language class.... :goofy:

Just tell me when, I wanna find out more about this mysterious difference these games have compared to the north american versions... lol

Jalbrean
05-03-2003, 08:46 AM

Sorry I got you all excited, I was too and Jalbrean was nice enough to ruin it for me.

I know I know i'm a party pooper. I tried my best to let everyone down easily. ;p

eternalshiva
05-03-2003, 12:46 PM
I know I know i'm a party pooper. I tried my best to let everyone down easily. ;p

*pouts

Its ok :freak: I forgive you as long as you learn Japanese with us all will be forgiven (lmao)

:love:
- e

Elhaym
05-03-2003, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by edczxcvbnm
They didn't release FFX International so I think there is a ZERO chance of this game coming here.

I'm not sure if FFX International is the one we Europeans got, but if it is, it is nothing to get worked up about, there's actually precious little on the bonus DVD.

And I hear Final Mix has the English version of the theme song, grr....

Jalbrean
05-04-2003, 12:47 AM
Yeah i'm pretty sure it has the english version of the theme songs, since it's the U.S. version with the extras.

Why are you grr'ing the fact it got the english theme song? -is a bit confused-

--eternalshiva: I was horrible at trying to learn Spanish. I can only imagine the torment I would have in trying to learn Japanese. ;p

Sephy99
05-04-2003, 01:00 AM
Go to http://www.square-evolution.com/news/000072.php

They say that Kingdom Hearts might even become a animated show.

eternalshiva
05-04-2003, 10:44 AM
--eternalshiva: I was horrible at trying to learn Spanish. I can only imagine the torment I would have in trying to learn Japanese. ;p

lmao

I could picture that... I only know the swear words right now, my friend was nice enough to teach them to me! nice friend eh?

I learned latin and Anglo-saxon at University and I hope that Japanese will be just as FUN to learn! I am a language junkie!

Tah tah!

Yeah... Why are you "grring" the english version? I have it on my CD and I listen to it all the time! Its good.

Elhaym
05-05-2003, 05:37 PM
It's...icky, they just matched new lyrics to the same tune... Nah, I guess it's okay, but I listen to a lot of cheesy J-pop, and 'Hikari' was one of my favourite songs, so when they had redone it, I was a little mortified. The orchestral version is great though, the opening scene, which I had watched as a 'trailer' for the game online, with it as background music single handedly convinced me it was worth buying.

EDIT: And I've been self learning Japanese for a year now... It's difficult, but not nearly deserving of the impossible to learn reputation it has. Well not as a spoken language anyway :p As a written language I have my qualms though, I know Hiragana and Katakana, but the Kanji is just crazy. I'm doing a degree when I go to University next year, yaaaaay.

eternalshiva
05-07-2003, 02:40 AM
I admire your courage to tackle that language! I wish I had the time, I studied Anglo-saxon and latin at university a few years ago... what a headache lmao!

I'm thinking of taking Japanese classes soon even if it's my reading it out of a book and struggling!! lol

Good luck!

Ryu
05-07-2003, 08:07 PM
Even though you guys have pretty much stopped talking about KHFM I'll say my view.

I doubt it will get a US release. If it does it will probably be buget price as well. US people aren't into little extras (the mojority anyway). The Japanese are crazy people remember. They like everything and it's a better market for KH in Japan than US.

Someone mentioned KH2? Well I wouldn't hype it up too much. So what if it sold millions of copies that doesn't mean the sequel will be better. Want proof? Let me just say: Devil May Cry 2.

And about the KH cartoon serieis...how comes you only just found out? Oh well. I heard of it last year but I haven't anything new. But if they even do make it, it better not be so kiddy cause Disney isn't just for 4 year olds (I LOVE Disney i think Disney movies are cool).

Elhaym
05-07-2003, 09:05 PM
I admire your courage to tackle that language! I wish I had the time, I studied Anglo-saxon and latin at university a few years ago... what a headache lmao!

I'm thinking of taking Japanese classes soon even if it's my reading it out of a book and struggling!! lol

Good luck!

Courage? Who needs courage when I have the pure, unblemished desire to learn! I'm serious, I've learned more Japanese in a year self taught than I did in my first two years of taught French in High School. It's remarkable how far the desire to actually do something can carry you.

And go for it, it would certainly be heartening to know I'm not the only one who has taken my Japanamania to the degree of actually beginning to learn their language.

eternalshiva
05-11-2003, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Elhaym
Courage? Who needs courage when I have the pure, unblemished desire to learn! I'm serious, I've learned more Japanese in a year self taught than I did in my first two years of taught French in High School. It's remarkable how far the desire to actually do something can carry you.

And go for it, it would certainly be heartening to know I'm not the only one who has taken my Japanamania to the degree of actually beginning to learn their language.

Well, with support like that! Why not? I have looked up summer classes at my old university (where I learned latin and anglo-saxon) and they have a japanese class... I am waiting on the response to attend :)

RYU---

You are right! Japanese people are crazy (good crazy) and I agree with you. LOL Devil May Cry 2 sucked and I am faltering a little for FFX2 (sorry guys!) I heard alot of bad reviews and now I find myself doubting the greatness of Square! lol *sigh*

If KH2 isn't AWESOME, I am boycotting!

MateriaBladeVII
05-11-2003, 05:00 PM
Here here! :D I totally agree- if FFX-2 and KH2 suck, I'm never buying another Square game!

I already think FFX-2 is gonna suck because they ruined Rikku. :grumble: She looks like Christina Aguilera. Yuna's only gotten better though! :love: That's why I'm still giving it a chance. Plus, I'm really pissed about FFXI- it's an MMORPG which can't be good for the FF series. It shows that Square is running outta ideas. I already know that one's gonna suck.

eternalshiva
05-11-2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by MateriaBladeVII
Plus, I'm really pissed about FFXI- it's an MMORPG which can't be good for the FF series. It shows that Square is running outta ideas. I already know that one's gonna suck.

I agree with that! I can't BELIEVE they made that into a internet RPG, what a f*****g waste of time! I can't even play it because I can't afford the net

*BOYCOTTS SQUARE ON FFXI*

:grumble: KH2 better be good of I will :shoot: someone! :chuckle:

- e

Night Angel
05-11-2003, 09:54 PM
KHFM Sept17!! Where did you find this out?! Tell me. It better not suck though, 'cause if it does I'll ... Well mabye not, but still, I'd rater it not, or I might joint the boycott. um, I really shouldn't drink Kool-aid that has about 31/2 cups of suger in it ... .

MateriaBladeVII
05-15-2003, 04:36 AM
I'm sad to inform you, Night Angel, that it's just a rumor. I wish it would be released in America. :sweatdrop But those Japanese need to be selfish and keep the cool stuff to themselves. :grumble: Read Jalbrean's earlier post if you don't believe me.

Oh well- you can start studying Japanese with us if you want! :laughing: The more the merrier!

J@k35000
11-20-2004, 02:22 AM
i wanna learn japanese, where can i do it for free. i can count to ten and say some karate stuff, and that's about it. oh, and i can say some other little stuff from inuyasha, a fudel fary tale. those jap's are stupid for keeping all the good stuff to them selfs. i don't wanna mod my ps2 so i can play it, it voids the warrinty. but it's probobly worth it.

Loony BoB
11-20-2004, 01:06 PM
Please start a new thread if you'd like to learn Japanese, that's a bit off topic - this thread is also a bit too old to bump for my liking, so I'll close it up.