PDA

View Full Version : Just got Dancer...

FFT_Lancer
04-26-2003, 04:16 AM
not bad so far, misses quite often, but i can't think of a good secondary ability for it, anyone have any tips? thanks

Pancaek
04-26-2003, 04:26 AM
Dance is actually best used as a secondary command. Personally I'd give Dance to a mage or other supporting character. If you really want to have Dance as your primary, maybe you could give her Punch Art or Draw Out. Those are good in any situation.

MatrixManNe0
05-07-2003, 02:45 AM
I remember reading this somewhere:

It was something like 'the higher the brave (or faith... which was it?!) the more effective the attack'

That applies to Witch Hunt and Winazanbus (or something like that)... which are the ones that steal HP/MP I believe...

Gregory
08-15-2003, 03:34 PM
Dancers? The only class Ramza can't become. The abilities are useful, but they're kinda the same as Bard. (Well, the movements are anyways.) In fact, it's Bard's oppisite sister. It's like Math Skill, but with certain abilities.

Meow
08-17-2003, 01:31 PM
The dancer is generally considered by the hardcore FFT community to be a waste of time, but i thought she was a fun support class during the second and third chapters. After that, other more powerful classes outstrip her. More importantly, the later battles are such that pretty much every character in a battle needs to play a direct role, and not take on such an inherently secondary and hit-or-miss style as the dancer does.

But, she is fun. A class i wouldn't use in a serious story battle, but i like to bring her out during random encounters. Particularly enjoyable is dropping both a mime and a dancer into a battle, and using... Nameless Dance, is it? Whichever dance casts random status effects on the enemy. Having a mime repeat it every turn seriously ups the success percentage, and by the end of the battle you'll be fighting nothing but poisoned, confused, paralyzed frogs.

Again, i wouldn't use this during story battles, and the dancer will probably disappear from your party out of necessity after the third chapter or so. Even though it seems like it'd be a good idea to keep her around and use her constantly (especially with the mime), story battles are usually much more direct and in-your-face than random encounters, and it's not the time to be fooling with those classes.

Outsider
08-17-2003, 09:08 PM
Dancer is great, I just kept using her "Slow Dance"... I won a lot of fights thanks to this.

ShadyMilkman
08-19-2003, 01:56 AM
I personally love dancers and bards... they are frickin pimp! mainly cuz they hit EVERY enemy on the field. Nameless Song and Nameless Dance can win a battle for you on their own. Almost all my female characters... except Meliadoul cuz I haven't gotten around to doing it just yet.... have Dance as their secondary ability. If I can't match an oppenent physically.. i.e.: Tiamats and Sacred.... I run far far away and turn them into frogs while i get reraise and regen.... I love it.