PDA

View Full Version : solo ramza results

gotenks_2322
04-26-2003, 06:20 AM
This topic was requested by deadmansl, so here it is :)
If any1 else is interested in trying this challenge, please post your progress and stuff here.

This has been pretty easy contrary to what I expected.The first fight at gariland was extremely tough for me(it was as if delita didn't want me to win), though, but after that it was all downhill.
i had the setup already planned when i started this challenge,so i got to work on it the first chance i got. I planned to be a knight with two swords and autopotion.
i started by learning accumulate,yell, and gained jp up while a squire.I would sit in the corner of mandalia planes and just keep yelling and accumulating for the xp and jp(cheap i know, but effective).I switched over to chemist and did this till i had xpotion and autopotion learned. I then became a knight(here i learned equipsword),then,monk(here i learned move-hpup), then geomancer.Then i turned into an archer( i had to use equip sword here, it was a bit too rough for me to win random fights as a normal archer), then a thief( again with equipsword)

Now im lvl 25 at golgorand execution site.Im having a bit of trouble here,so i have some leveling to do.The problem is, gafgarion's knight sword doesnt seem to trigger my autopotion( am i just unlucky or is this normal?).Im going to try to get lucky and break his weapon.
Ramza is a knight with two swords,item secondary ability,autopotion,two swords, and move hp up.

Shortybomb
04-27-2003, 10:14 AM
Wow, Goodluck man.

I dont think night sword triggers auto potion because it is recognized as a spell if im not mistaken, i think this is true for all sword skills. I think autopotion is triggered by physical attack, not physical damage... though i may be wrong. Corrections anyone??

Shortybomb
04-27-2003, 10:15 AM
I may try the Ramza challenge... are there any restrictions on levels or anything??

gotenks_2322
04-27-2003, 09:23 PM
no lvl or job restrictions.Only 2 rules really,1. you cant use anyone else but ramza 2. you must kick all other ppl out of your party.

reason for rule 2, is when your in a fight that requires 2 teams, it will ask for the second team only if there are more ppl in your party.If you have only ramza,it will never ask for a second formation

Calvin
04-28-2003, 02:25 AM
What about guests? Do you need to kill them at the beginning of the battle? Or do you simply unequip them so they're useless?

And as for the Autopotion.......I'm not sure. When my characters get hit by magic attacks, the autopotion still gets activated.

Shortybomb
04-28-2003, 02:50 AM
cool, thanks, ima start a ramza SCC... its sounds fun. Plus my dancer one is stuck.. so yea, and tis kinda boring

Shortybomb
04-28-2003, 06:00 AM
well gotenks is right, gariland was a bitch. Im having trouble with random battles solo (only lvl 3 with nothing of much use learned) any tips?

I think im going to try going for a knight as well, since they seem to be the most overall stable characters (high evade and good equips with decent speed.) I havent decided a second skill but im debating on Guts or a magic users skill, maybe summon, just cuz it will come in handy, though ill probably get both and alternate when needed. Autopotion is a must get, and probably two swords as well (sorry gotenks, but other classes dont seem to work solo) Finally for movement, i havent decided yet, but im deciding between move-hp up, move +3 or move +2 since +3 is a bitch to get, or fly, but its just as hard to get so who knows.

Deadmansl
04-28-2003, 08:49 AM
you guys are great, keep up the work!

Shortybomb
04-28-2003, 09:02 AM
Lol, Thanks. Although im hella laggin. I had my squire mastered and finished what i wanted with chemist and went to knight, and died... and hadnt saved... im sooo pissed.. gotta start over.. I always do this.

Shortybomb
04-28-2003, 11:52 AM
Bah... I'm having lvling problems. I run around yelling/accumulating, and I am at lvl 23 already and im only at the thieves fort, and I havent even gotten past knight in leveling up... Im having problems with random battles. What should I do.

gotenks_2322
04-28-2003, 07:59 PM
whats your job class? also,what abilities do you have set on your character? Remember that survival is key,so make sure u have a strategy for killing enemies. Im guessing your having problems with chocobos,because goblins and bombs are pretty weak,then the skeleton guys are killed with one pheonix down.Youll have to corner the chocobo.I had a really rough time with chocobos.I just couldnt kill them.When i would injure one, it would heal itself. Iv found the best weapon against them is the knight's speed break. If you can get 2 turns to its 1 turn,then u can kill it.
Also another reason a knight is good with 2 swords. I can reduce an enemies speed by 4 in one turn.
It should be easier for you to win random battles if u have items as a second ability,instead of guts.
Also, you shouldnt linger too much leveling up at the beginning. The monsters grow stronger, and so do you,but your equipment still sucks.

Shortybomb
04-29-2003, 01:09 AM
Yea, i think im going to have to restart, cuz im at lvl 23 and i cant beat random battles. Story battles are still kinda hard at lower levels since i cant kill them in one hit, but im going to try a few strats to get to a ninja without too much leveling, though its hard since to win most random battles I hafta yell/accumulate alot since autopotion only heals 30, if it goes at all, and counter attacks are killin me. what level are you on now gotenks?

FFT_Lancer
04-29-2003, 03:10 AM
i'll do this some time, sounds interesting, but i'll do a knight as well, probably with that shield that has 75% evasion, and tons of other evasion things, and lots of things to build up my evasion, and the best sword i can find, not the best thought out character, but i'm gettin there

Gregory
08-15-2003, 03:43 PM
Yes, indeed that first battle is the hardest one out of the whole solo ramza game, but it is really easy because you can learn Math Skill and kill everyone, even Velius. Or you can do nuthin with your 2nd formation guys, like defend or whatever.