PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite Mana/Seiken Densetsu game

Sefie1999AD
04-26-2003, 11:45 AM
Which game of Squaresoft's Mana series (Seiken Densetsu in Japanese) do you think was the best? Vote for it.

Spatvark
04-26-2003, 03:52 PM
Three by a mile. Multiple characters, great plotlines, and the multiple variations... jeez, the game is endless. I haven't played Legend of Mana, but from what I've heard, it doesn't measure up to Seiken Densetsu 3.

edczxcvbnm
04-26-2003, 03:57 PM
Legend of Mana. Sooooo much to do and even at a high level on new game plus the enemies stay challengeing. I have not played 3 but if the game play is around the same as 2 then I must say that Legend is the best in the gameplay department. So many abilties and things to use.

Shoyku
04-26-2003, 04:36 PM
Seiken Densetsu 3, definitely. Same reasons as Purgatory mentioned.

The Man
04-26-2003, 08:25 PM
I haven't played FFA or Legend of Mana, but SD3 is my favourite game ever, so I voted for it, for the same reasons as Purgatory and Shoyku. Anyone who's seen my site (mywebpages.comcast.net/ajf83/hsl3intro.html) on this game probably realises how obsessed I am with it (though I really need to update the site by now ;)).

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-27-2003, 03:07 AM
Seiken Densetsu 3 wins, of course. (Kevin please.) And while I don't expect it to surpass the third game, I am looking forward to the GameBoy Advance remake of the original Seiken Densetsu: Final Fantasy Gaiden (a.k.a. Final Fantasy Adventure, of course), entitled Shinyaku Seiken Densetsu (and planned to be retitled Sword of Mana in the West).

http://kayarco3.hypermart.net/seiken/ssd/ssd.jpg

http://kayarco3.hypermart.net/seiken/ssd/ssd-03.jpg

http://kayarco3.hypermart.net/seiken/ssd/ssd-07.jpg

http://kayarco3.hypermart.net/seiken/ssd/ssd-04.jpg

Originally posted by The Man
(though I really need to update the site by now ;)).Yes, you do. :aimmad:

bennator
04-27-2003, 04:23 AM
SD3 for me... though its the only one I've played more than 20 minutes of (beat it).

Endless
04-27-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by edczxcvbnm
Legend of Mana. Sooooo much to do and even at a high level on new game plus the enemies stay challengeing. I have not played 3 but if the game play is around the same as 2 then I must say that Legend is the best in the gameplay department. So many abilties and things to use.

*concurs to that*

Blizzard
04-27-2003, 03:02 PM
SD3. For reasons everyone's already mentioned.

TidaRalique
04-27-2003, 03:12 PM
SD3. Hawkeye and Duran and Angela. My beloved party.

crono_logical
04-27-2003, 07:41 PM
I've played the first 3, and SD3 is the best of those, and SD2 the worst, despite the first being a gameboy game :p Legend of Mana has a rather niceish sound track though, better than SD2s in any case :p

Imperia
04-28-2003, 01:12 AM
I've only played Seiken Densetsu 2 (Secret of Mana). I love that game so much!
I see that Seiken Densetsu 3 looks very awesome. I ought to play it someday.

HOOTERS
04-29-2003, 02:31 PM
Although my avatar may suggest otherwise, definately Sacret of Mana. This was my first ever RPG and one of the best games ever made. I also thought Seiken Denetsu was a great game, though playing it as a ROM on a computer probably took a lot of the feel out of it.

It sucks that they haven't released Legend of Mana here in Australia. I don't have a game boy advance but after what Kawaii Ryukishi posted I'm gonna have to get one for sure.

Divina
04-29-2003, 04:16 PM
Seiken Densetsu 3 is what I prefer. The party combinations are amazing, and I love the magic system. ^_^

crono311
04-29-2003, 11:49 PM
seiken 3. its just the perfection in the series. legend of mana has no real story...you kinda start, then finish. i still had no clue that i beat the game when i did.

the first one isnt that bad, but not that great...that remake is needed. and the second one is pretty decent as well..but none could match the characters and the story that was presented in the third. none.

Endless
04-30-2003, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by crono311
seiken 3. its just the perfection in the series. legend of mana has no real story...you kinda start, then finish. i still had no clue that i beat the game when i did.

That's because you weren't paying attention. Unlike 99% of the RPGs, you ARE NOT the center of attention in LoM. :tongue:

DJZen
04-30-2003, 08:52 PM
I thought SD/FFA was too awkward to be really fun, but I love SD2/SoM. It's got some GREAT bugs to it (such as unstoppable magic barrage and character freezing) plus it was Woolsey's first game :tongue:

WOOLSEY 4 LIFEZZ!1111111

edczxcvbnm
04-30-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Master Vivi
That's because you weren't paying attention. Unlike 99% of the RPGs, you ARE NOT the center of attention in LoM. :tongue:

Which is why is was so great and refreshing. LoM Rulez. I have gots to play that game again now. Maybe use the Gameshark to get those impossible to find rare items and make some mad weapons.

Elhaym
05-03-2003, 02:23 PM
I own Legend of Mana, but have yet to play it. FFA was okay-ish, Secret of Mana ruled, but had a pretty sporadic story... Seiken 3 is my favourite, have very fond memories playing it three player with my brother and cousin.

Miyamashi
05-05-2003, 10:14 PM
Personally, I LOVED Legend of Mana...I've only begun to play Secret Of Mana, but it just isn't as good, as far as I can see. LoM gets my vote.

Rude
05-08-2003, 09:17 PM
Hello.

Secret of Mana (SD2) was the greatest SNES game available in America.

However, I am holding my judgements on the best SNES game for I just downloaded and translated SD3 two days and I am waiting till I go home with no internet connection before I undertake playing it. I certainly hope it is as good as you guys boast :)