PDA

View Full Version : SPOIL ME PLEASE

Iori
04-27-2003, 04:25 AM
Can you guys PLEASE PLEASE pretty PLEASE let me in on when and where to get the awesome weapons, accessories, PARTY MEMBERS, armor??:eek:

I dont wanna miss out on it... Oh yes.. and a question which i need answered... do either of these two things matter?

1: My birthday (aside from giving me a different astrological sogn)

2: How long it takes me to go places... (having a the date at the top of the world map makes me nervous as hell, and i wanna know if i have to make haste, or take it nice and slow, often going back and forth getting in unecessary fights for shits & giggles... and exp // gil(small ammounts))

gotenks_2322
04-27-2003, 06:36 AM
your zodiac sign can make a big difference. If you have a sign that is compatible to an enemy's sign, you can do more damage to that enemy.thw worse the compatibility,the less damage you will do to the enemy,but the less they will do to you.You can find the compatibilties and stuff in the tutorial menu while in the world map
Time isnt of the essence in this game.it makes no difference how fast you get from place to place.
you can find out where to get items and party members in tutorials online here at EoFF or at www.gamefaqs.com

Iori
04-27-2003, 06:40 AM
thanks a bunch , that helps !!!!! now, :evilking:, back to assraping the thieves fort!!! DIE MILUDA, DIE!!!!!!!

Pancaek
04-27-2003, 07:17 PM
The only things the date does are determine the zodiac symbol of the monsters that are born in your party, and the characters in the Brave Story get a year older whenever it's their birthday.

Calvin
04-28-2003, 02:28 AM
I think that if you have a battle on your birthday, you are much more powerful for that one fight.

Iori
04-28-2003, 01:10 PM
cool.. thanks for the help, but that leaves me one last thing.. sidequests.... !!!!!!!!! its like.. whooooooooahhh man... so much stuff.. i want uber armor and uber weapons... just yesterday, i was trying new approaches to the battles.. my party is now

Samurai w/ Guts (ramza)
Ninja w/ Steal
Summoner w/ Black Magic
Mediator w/ White Magic

i havent used one potion for i dont know how many figths in a row now :evilking:.... adn yesterday was the first day i had a samurai and a ninja.. Its kind of funny.. both guys training for the two jobs to become available.. then they both get new classes after the same fight.. i was like :whoa:!!!.. so now... Imma switch it up, and do something i never thought of doing...

A samurai w/ jump... unorthidox, i know, but its worth a try...

oh yeah, i also got some ancient spear of death when i sent my guys away on a merc mission.. its pretty sweet

FFT_Lancer
04-29-2003, 03:23 AM
is that spear usable in battle or is it just some useless artifact that you recieved? because i hate recieving things like this one job i got from a job and i can't even use them also, i'd like to play a game where my characters are like 1,000,000 years old, that would be funny, but the limit is probably only like 99 or something, but still be cool

SmoshCuch
04-29-2003, 04:33 AM
Vevictus, if you want info on side-quests, I suggest checking a walkthrough at gamefaqs.com. There’s just too much info to put in a post. (Quick hints though, you must have Mustadio in your party to get them and they don’t begin until at least Chapter 3.) Now just a couple notes for you here.

You can try a Samurai with Jump skill, but be aware of one thing: there is a damage bonus to Jump attacks if you are using a spear. So Samurai & other classes can use Jump, but don’t expect them to be as effective as Lancers unless you’re using Equip Spear. Of course, it can still do solid damage and will have the same great range, it just won’t be quite as devastating as a Lancer’s jumps.

Now this is purely a suggestion, but you may want to consider switching your mages’ secondary skills. (Or training them if you haven’t yet.) A Summoner with BlackMagic just seems a bit redundant, since both these skill sets primarily feature offensive elemental spells. BlackMagic might be a bit more useful for the Mediator. Unless you’ve got guns (not sure where in the game you’re at), Mediators are stuck with weak weapons & no offensive skills. But that’s just my opinion, you can configure your team in any way that works for you.

Good luck. Hope anything I said helps.

Iori
04-29-2003, 01:37 PM
you guys are all indeed very helpful.... to answer some things.. yes that spear is unusable.. its just sexy to look at, lol... well my moms boyfriend is going to california for a few weeks.... court dates and such.. SOoooooo, seeing as how my mom works weekdays all day till 7pm starting this week, I WILL HAVE THE COMPUTER TO MYSELF ALL DAY LONG!!!!!! BWAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHA!!!!!!!.....w00t!!
and the tv, lol... well , imma leave aol instant messenger on, and just play tactics 24 // 7... imma skip school thursday and friday, czuse all my teachers and counselors and my superintendent know im dropping out, and they all understand... if anyone has AIM, my username is "Vevictis Asmadi" you know, w/out quotations..... notice a resemblance between my name here and my name on aim?! DUrrrrrrrrrrrr.... lol .. oh yes, to all the people who have tactics things for their avatar... where do you get the ones that arent shown on this site?! i cann never find em.. and believe me, i hunt! lol.. it makes me soooo relieved to know that i can take all the time in the world... I am at that Baraius Hill fight.. you know that gay one w 3 archers 2 knights, and 2 summoners hiding down below the hill on either side? i know ive told ppl i was stuck on the execution one, but i started over...

OH yes, and let me stress one thing.. iver researched throw shiruken, throw ball, throw knife, and throw axe... take a wild guess which one is the best.. axe, haha..om i bought like 20 of those big axes from Igros, and i just ran down the line of good non quest fight areas.... DEVASTATING damage, and it looks funny to see an axe flying through the air... i remember in my last game, i found a few dragons, I think at the end of chapter 1, or maybe beginning of 2... i forget which color.. blue or green, but anyhow, the second fight with Miluda (i hate that whore), i went back to that place, and unintentionally got into a monster fight... and guess who was leading a pack of gobbies?... a :skull::skull::skull::skull:in dragon!! i was like ........ !:whoa:! :whoa:! :whoa:! haha... now, i wanna go back w my mediator and invite dat foo!! lol.. i remember like a couple of games ago, when i concentrated on mediators and priests (stupid i know, but im getting somewhere).... I got to the 2nd fight w miluda, same place where i found dragons, and i invited two of miludas wizards to my team.. lol it was sweet.. all i do is cast black magic on them, white magic on me, and as soon as her mages started to cast black magic, i was like "cant touch this" *goes into MC Hammer mode* and i invite her black mages as theyre casting.. it interrupts their spell, preserves their mana, and permenantly gives them both to me... so thanks for al;l the help and such..

its kinda funny, how i dont expect for there to be new posts after i get help, then all of a sudden i wake up to check threads, and see more helpful replies tomy old posts, and im all scrambling to write shit down :D....

Gregory
09-01-2003, 08:46 AM
Mediators, worst mages ever. and mages are normally strong in attack, speed, depending on their class, mediators can only invite guys with a 10% chance of inviting them. If I wanted a Mediator, I'd get a Dragoner like Reis, anyone? All they can do is raise stats like Brave and stuff. They're like inviting Bards. And Bards seem to be the best long range status mage. Time Mages can't heal allies for their own life. MEDIATORS SUCK! TIME MAGES SLIGHTLY BETTER! CALCULATORS BEST! Now, has anyone learned about the worthless value of Mediators?