PDA

View Full Version : ff7-2

Sephiroth's Mate
04-27-2003, 03:28 PM
ive heard a rumour from a reliable source that ff 7-2 has been given the go ahead. is it true?

Mr. Graves
04-27-2003, 03:36 PM
If it was FF: Worlds Apart, You've been lied to. Otherwize I have no idea.

zacks_clone
04-27-2003, 06:37 PM
iv heard that too.And i dont think it was from FF: Worlds Apart,but another site.Afraid i dont remember it.

Klarth
04-28-2003, 12:07 AM
Well, I wrote to a monthly magazine about this subject not too long ago. The editor said that they have also heard a rumor about Squaresoft considering making a direct sequel to FFVII. Not a remake, but a sequel. They said its not 100% certain though.

Storm
04-28-2003, 01:32 AM
I would be extremely surprised if they made a sequel to Final Fantasy 7, even though I believe a sequel to FF7 would be quite good. Square should have done a sequel to 7 instead of 10, or concentrated their efforts on releasing Final Fantasy 12 quicker.

GrimmReaper
04-28-2003, 01:33 AM
i heard this also, *playstation underground* and i'm not sure how sure they are. but seems 95%likely to be, and within 3 or 4 years at most.

Big D
04-28-2003, 04:11 AM
Many of the original staff and creators of FFVII said they'd be interested in picking up the story again. Let's hope they actually do it, rather than just saying how much they'd like to.

IamTidus
04-28-2003, 06:40 AM
I wanna see it made. Maybe I will enjoy it more knowing that there is continue to the story that ended so poorly. Ya Know?

Calvin
04-28-2003, 12:21 PM
If they do, then that theory where the human race was destroyed would obviously be rejected. Also, I wonder if they would pick up from where it left off (where it showed Red XIII and his cubs overlooking Midgar), or simply a few years later. Both would have its advantages. If it were the former, there would be all new characters (except for maybe Red XIII). And if it were the latter, then some old favorites would return. Either way, I'd be ecstatic. :excited:

Psychotic
04-28-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Calvin
If they do, then that theory where the human race was destroyed would obviously be rejected.

The Human Race WASN'T wiped out, because at the end, if you wait a bit, you can hear children laughing.

I don't know if I want a sequel, after all, if it was bad, it'd just be.... I don't know. *shrugs*

Strange Angel
04-28-2003, 09:33 PM
I kinda agree with Psychotic... If they are going to make a sequel it had best be good. REAL GOOD! On the other hand the idea makes me all giddy. FF7 aside from Xenosaga is like my favorite game of all time. I dunno though... Lately Square hasn't been exactly up to snuff... It's all gone down hill since the Final Fantasy Movie IMO...

ZeZipster
04-29-2003, 12:47 AM
If Aeris (or Aerith as Kingdom Hearts called her) is wearing any thing like what they're wearing in FFX-2 or if she all the sudden has guns I'm going to spend the rest of my life destroying Squaresoft.

Strange Angel
04-29-2003, 06:02 AM
LMAO Mind if I join in too? ;)

Sephex
04-29-2003, 07:04 AM
I will believe it as soon as I see a copy in my hands...or at least if Square Enix says so themselves.

edczxcvbnm
04-29-2003, 02:30 PM
I refuse to believe anything like that. If they really were going to release it or even think about doing it then they would copy right the name and it would be in the news to start off with.

zacks_clone
04-29-2003, 11:15 PM
I dont like the idea of picking up anywhere!what about telling the WHOLE story.Through Cloud or Zack or maybe even Sephiroths veiw.Zacks wouldnt be bad,or the occasional Cloud...They would tell what happened EXACTLY!From the point they all JOINED to the point where seph goes crazy.that'd be a good idea i think

Enigma
05-02-2003, 12:06 AM
A prequel would be cool, but I like the idea of a sequel, but it better leave my jaw on the floor throughtout the whole game or I will join ZeZipster in destroying Squaresoft.

MateriaBladeVII
05-04-2003, 03:32 AM
Okay, to clarify this: the creators of FFVII simply stated that they liked the idea of making a sequel. There are no confirmations for a sequel as of now. However, it is highly likely that there will be one. In my opinion, if they are making a sequel to FFX then they have to make a sequel to FFVII. FFVII was by far a way better game than FFX.

ZeZipster, think about what you said there. Aeris is dead. She won't be back in the sequel- or at least alive. So I doubt there's any chance that she'll be wearing anything of the sort. Now, Tifa on the other hand... :love:

ZeZipster
05-04-2003, 04:45 AM
I thought about that. But she was in Kingdom Hearts... So I'm confused.

Linus
05-04-2003, 05:50 AM
I think a bonus disk with some prequel and sequel type things would be ok, but I sincerely hope they don't try to make a complete sequel. It's Final Fantasy because they saw their story out to a conclusion.

MateriaBladeVII
05-04-2003, 05:59 AM
Okay- lemme explain this FOR THE LAST TIME! Kingdom Hearts is not chronologically correct in any way whatsoever. It is not meant to be taken as part of the FF chronology. It was just a means of bringing back old characters and throwing them in an interesting survival situation. Think of it as a parallel universe with the same people- just placed in different worlds. I mean since when did Squall, Yuffie, and Aeris grow up together in Hollow Bastion, anyway? And when did Tidus, Wakka, and Selphie spend their childhood in Destiny Islands with Sora, Riku, and Kairi? It's an alternate reality. It's a seperate story.

Anyway, back to this thread's topic- most likely, Aeris won't be in FFVII-2. That is unless it's a prequel and then maybe they could show her life before she met Cloud. Of course, it could be like Tidus's reappearance to Yuna in FFX-2. She could be a spirit who comes back in times when Cloud needs support.

ZeZipster
05-04-2003, 07:00 AM
It's a game, Square never explained the breathing underwater part of 10, I see no reason why Aeris can't be revived. After all it is a Fantasy.

Calvin
05-04-2003, 12:04 PM
But it's hard to argue that since no one actually lives in a fanasty world.....where being shot by a Shinra soldier with a machine gun hurts less than being punched by Tifa.....where there's so many monsters on the planet, you'd wonder why people would leave their houses. However, there seems to be certain truths.....like the death of Aeris. I mean, being slashed thousands of times by monsters only wounds her. But a sword through the gut kills her to the point no return.

Sephiroth's Mate
05-05-2003, 01:03 AM
okay you raise a good pointbut aeries can actually be revived in the japanese version of the game(according to rumours of course) you go and se that guy that lives in the tube near aeries' house and hes one of the true ancients and gives up his lie to bring aeries back (this is only rumour i have not heard anyone say theyve done it but...if squaresft has heard it and its a rumour then im sure noone will notice if they jes happen to slip it in that she has been revived.

Or heres a scenario for the start of a sequel. picture this...you start a new game and the first FMV starts you see series' face eyes closed lifeless... then the camera comes out a bit shes in a glass tube in some kind of lab surrounded by old friends ( tifa barret and so on)

Then we go over to cloud crawlin out of the lifestreem in mideel with a body under his arm. the body is covered with a black cloak and the face cant be seen the cloud pulls the body onto the bank, removes the cloak and lo 'n' behold who should it be but sephiroth.

His Eyes wide open, he looks spaced (like cloud did when he came out of the life stream the first time) cloud puts the spaced out body of sephiroth onto one shoulder and walks off

the screen is black for a while then were back to aeries in this glass tube surrounded by friends and another glass tube has been opened, cloud walks in the room with sephiroth over his shoulder, the people gathered take a step back from this stone cold mercenary with a look of shock in their eyes, cloud walks over to the open tube and places sephiroth on it. closes the lid, walks over to a control panel and does something

cool effects goin around for a few seconds then smoke in the tubes masking the bodies now occupying them. cloud walks over to the one with aeries' lifeless body contained then he opens the hatch a few seconds later aeries sits up...

"whats going on?...Where Am I?...C...Cloud? aeries says in a tired voice

"Im Here...its okay youre safe with me here" cloud says in a reasuring voice

the end of the start right there. but then sooner or later the presumably dead sephiroth awakes and runs away to once again reak havoc accross the world...

i personally think that would work well but if you argue then go for it...(i jes hope squaresoft likes the idea if they come accross this site)

ZeZipster
05-05-2003, 10:14 PM
In Kingdom Hearts, Cloud said some thing about looking for some thing / some one (I think he may have said light I'm not sure I kind of forgot wasn't really paying attention) and not to mention you see him with Aeris at the end. Also note he went to Hades, the ruler of the DEAD so even if it wasn't time wise it still shows that Square isn't all that against reviving her. Chances are she'd be revived in the sequel.

Calvin
05-06-2003, 03:08 AM
But reviving her just doesn't make any sense. If they were to make a sequel, they would add new characters first of all......and some of the old characters would return, but I think bringing back on that is DEAD would be highly unlikely. It would be like seeing Biggs, Wedge, and Jessie in the sequel. They died for a purpose. And bringing them back would refute that purpose.

Big D
05-06-2003, 04:23 AM
That's right... the immensity of Aeris' sacrifice and the space left by her loss would be left meaning less for the other characters - and the player - if she were revived. Dying to save the world is quite moving. Getting resurrected by a plot device simply because some people like her would destroy any poignancy.

ZeZipster
05-06-2003, 08:06 PM
Errrr, I guess so. Although if that's true I don't see why she was even brought up in KH.

Heavens Oblivion (old account)
05-06-2003, 09:32 PM
Wow, these were all such great point-outs and facts, from the whole reviving Aeris (to how/why she's in KH to begin with) from the truth behind this so-called FFVII-2. Personally (not that it matters much), I'd adore anything related to the characters and/or story of FF7, for without hesitation will I name it the best RPG (Of its time and now) hands down. I really didn't understand why FFX given a sequel, but I shouldn't complain. Hopefully though, this isn't a huge well-lied rumour struck up from a devious mind, I really DO hope to see a second FF7, be it the true sequel or the created fragments of missed history from the game itself (Zack's story and so on).

Hm, Kingdom Hearts cofuses me, now that I think about it. Yes, the revival of Aeris would be futile and simply wrong because of the original purpose of her dying to begin with. Yet, how is it she and Cloud are to meet up in KH? I mean, I understand his contract with Hades and the destruction of his world, but...how does Aeris fall into this picture? Wasn't she dead before the Heartless took over?

Calvin
05-06-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by ZeZipster
Errrr, I guess so. Although if that's true I don't see why she was even brought up in KH.

Well, I haven't played it yet. But my guess is that the stories from each FF have nothing to do with the story in KH. After all, Aeris is also in Final Fantasy Tactics. It doesn't have to nessecarily make sense. I think they were just there so you could say "Hey!! It's Aeris!!! I remember her!"

I guess the only parallel I can draw is to think of all the FFs as movies. And all the characters are actors. For example.....Mel Gibson died in Braveheart but still made other movies.

Ryu
05-07-2003, 08:38 PM
KH is just anoher game. It has nothing whatsoever to do with FF apart from it having some of the characters there. Talk about confusion.

I originally heard Yoshitaka Kitase said he wouldn't mind doing a FFVII-2 but they wont be doing it.

As for why FFX got a sequel..look at it! It had the most open ended ending in history. And no one liked what happened with the Tidus part of the story (won't say for thos who haven't finished it).
FFVII has little to carry on from but I have discovered what they SHOULD continue to do..alas I cannot say since my idea would be ruined. But don not worry I might say it next post.

MateriaBladeVII
05-07-2003, 11:23 PM
Keeping up the suspense, huh? Hehe. :giddy: Now I wanna know what your idea is- but that's probably what you were aiming for, wasn't it? :tongue:

And as for the whole KH-being-a-whole-different-story thing: I told you so! :goofy:

Ryu
05-08-2003, 12:26 AM
I have little time to post this so I will make some things short and maybe confusing. so here goes:

Basically they CAN continue from where FFVII left of. It was roughly 400 years later right?
Within this time Nanaki (he's now using his REAL name) has his 3 cubs. They are still young cubs but very good fighting wise and fairly smart (basically there will be at least 1 of the cubs as a party member). Nanaki is feeling lonely (boring so far) and really wishes to meet his old pals again. So he remembers that there is only one way to do this (apart from killing himself of course)....that way is to reach..THE PROMISED LAND (bet you didn't see that coming. Strange how noone ever mentions this side of the story but me). So off he goes on his journey to locate this Promised Land. He leaves his young ones behind (they catch up later but he doesn't know). As Nanaki goes on his journey he enters a forest. Darkness shrouds this forest and he's pretty scared but it's the only way so he thinks. So as he goes through this forest he encounters someone. he doesn't know until the person reveals himself to be...Vincent Valentine. He didn't expect him to actually be alive still but he is. They both jone forces to find the PLand. Off they go on their long adventure.

BUT they reah the promised land quicker than expected (lets say hour or 2 in the game) and this is where the story begins. You meet up with Cloud and Aeris (yup that's right) along with the others and even Dyne and adult Marlene. You may even encounter Cloud's young ones as well etc etc. But you mainly hook up with the previous people (with some exceptions like Marlene and Little Cloud or Tifa). Here you realise there is a threat to the world (cliched). You all have a gutt feeling (esspecially CLoud) that it's something to do with Sephiroth. Lets say over these years Sephiroth has been regenerating his Jenova cells and calling upon other Jenova cells (wherver they were last). But Sephiroth isn't the only problem...Hojo is back but he's very different (not sure how yet). Anyway you get the whole idea. Some of this (like the Sephiroth garbage) I thought of just now but my main place of story is about the Promised Land. That is what i think SquareEnix should focus on. That is where the story should revolve around.

Thanks for reading my cliched junk.

MateriaBladeVII
05-08-2003, 04:02 AM
Wow, you sure have a good imagination! I would never have thought up something like that! I would definitely play it if it was like that. But didn't they kinda establish that the Promised Land was unreachable for the living? :laughing: I could be wrong though.

HOOTERS
05-08-2003, 04:16 AM
Yeah and I thought that only the ancients went to the promised land.

I reckon they could just continue a year after Cloud defeated Sephiroth anyway. The part that they showed 400 years later was hardly anything at all, so it's not like it's going to matter if they don't continue from there.

Ryu
05-09-2003, 12:18 AM
I'd prefer if they continure from 400 years. Don't ask why but thatsjust me I guess.

About the Promised LAnd and it being unreachable, well you know how Square are. They always find a solution to situations like this so maybe they could take it from there and add more....LOTS more.

By the way you may have heard something similar to my idea (esspecially the Promised Land concept) by another member going by the name 'masterauron'. Be very aware that I was the one who originally gave him the idea of the Promised Land (he's a huge fan of FFVII but didnt think of the PL). He'll most likely deny it though so I am just informaing you guys and gals now. If does deny it I'll sort it out.

I actually had lots more on my idea but I never actually wrote it down. The only guy most likely knows what I said is masterauron. But most likely he'll say it's his own idea and laugh at me afterwards....

Christmas
05-04-2022, 02:47 AM
Advent Children count? There were a lot of swords in the movie and that is what FFVII emodies. :bigsmle:

Cloud's sword is as BIG as ever while Sephiroth's remains LONG. :bigsmile:

Aulayna
05-04-2022, 11:11 PM
The question is, do you prefer big or long swords?

Christmas
05-06-2022, 11:38 AM
I like your SWORD. :bigsmile: