PDA

View Full Version : IE Help

CloudDragon
04-28-2003, 10:30 PM
Okay, I've been having a problem lately with Internet Explorer. By all means, I know its crap, but its still an internet broswer and my family likes using it and all.

Just awhile ago, maybe about a month or so, everytime I would visit several different websites, I would keep getting a pop up saying, "Explorer has caused an error in TPS108.DLL. Explorer will now close", and also "Explorer has cuased an eroori in KERNAL.DLL. Explorer will now close." I can actually put these boxes down to the side, and still browse through the internet without any problems, but the boxes still come up.

I remember seeing a few of these come up in the past and usually restarting the computer does the trick, but it seems that didn't work. I went into repair Interner Explorer itself, to see if there was some corrupted files somewhere. So after that, I restarted the computer, and the errors kept coming back.

I decided to uninstall internet explorer all together, and then reinstall it. So I did that awhile back, and still I'm receiving these errors. Any suggestions on what to do? :rolleyes2

Flying Mullet
04-28-2003, 10:45 PM
Try downloading and installing the criticial updates and such from windows update (Tools-> Windows Update). They might have you install IE 6.0 if you don't have it, but either way that might fix some of your problems.

Pancaek
04-28-2003, 11:04 PM
Just do what Flying Mullet said for now. If it starts bothering you a lot, get <a href="http://www.mozilla.org/projects/phoenix/">Phoenix</a> or Firebird or whatever it's called now. It won't override IE or anything. Just download the latest version and unzip it to any new directory. I wish I could help you with actually fixing IE, though.

CloudDragon
04-28-2003, 11:19 PM
Forgot to mention that I actually did that about a week or two ago with the critical updates. I downloaded all the necessary ones I needed, with a newer IE 6.0 tools version. Still no help it seemed. :P

EDIT: Also, its really not been bothering me that much, but my dad has been saying a lot about it lately and complaining. I told him I'd see what I can do, so thats one of the reasons considering he's the one who payed for the computer.

Dr Unne
04-29-2003, 01:59 AM
If it's giving errors in kernel32.dll or something, it's likely a problem with Windows itself, I'd guess. Honestly I have no idea how you can fix it. I'd just reinstall Windows over top of the current install, or else use something else (Phoenix) and forget about IE if that's the only thing giving you errors. Windows error messages don't tell you at all how to fix things, they just tell you "HEY I JUST CRASHED", as if you didn't already know. It could be anything.

crono_logical
04-29-2003, 05:17 AM
Yeah, if it's kernel32.dll giving errors, chances are you want to be reinstalling Windows again as Unne said, if you want to make them go away :p Possibly a sign of your Windows installation getting old :p

CloudDragon
04-29-2003, 09:59 PM
Thats what I figured. I might go ahead and try phoenix. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Bulldog
04-30-2003, 06:02 AM
Or if your father is more comfortable using IE, maybe you should install MyIE, then? It shouldn't crash as much as the regular IE. Or so I've heard.