1.) FF7/FF 10/FF 9
2.) FF4
3.) FF6
4.)FF8
5.)FF5

FF 1, 2, 3- not played yet.

Flying Mullet
04-29-2003, 09:50 PM
I can't say. I like them all for different reasons and I like one more than another on different days. But if I had to pick only one to take with me to a deserted island it would be FFVI.

Dignified Pauper
04-29-2003, 09:59 PM
FF IV
FF VI
FF VII
FF IX
FF (PS Remake)
FF (NES)
FF IIIj (NES)
FF X
FF V
FF II (Re-make)
FF VIII (hated)

Reine
04-29-2003, 11:36 PM
FF7
FF9
FF6
FF10
FF5
FF8

4 sucks
MQ sucks
1,2 and 3 havent played remakes

REMAKE FF3!!!

Pancaek
04-30-2003, 02:53 AM
Best
FFT

Good
FF5, FF6, FF9, FF1, FFX, FF4

Okay
FF2, FF3, FF7, FFMQ

Crap
FF8

It's kind of hard to rate them in a list, because it makes them look like the one on the top is the absolute best, the one on the bottom is the absolute worst, and the others are all in between on their own levels. And yes, I like MQ more than 8.

Mr. Graves
04-30-2003, 05:19 PM
Awesome:
FF5
FF1
FF10
FF Tactics
FF7
FF8

Pretty Good:
FF4 (Hardtype)
FF2
FF3
FF6

Tiny bit above average:
FF9

Psychotic
04-30-2003, 06:31 PM
Best Game Ever
Final Fantasy VII

Superb and amazing games
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy VI

Very Good Games
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy I

Good game, but diabolical Final Fantasy
Final Fantasy VIII

Iori
04-30-2003, 07:21 PM
:evilking: Über = IX
:D Awesome = Tactics
:rolleyes2 overrated but fun = VII
:mad: depressingly boring = I
:mad2: Grrrr = VIII

zacks_clone
05-01-2003, 12:08 AM
:: deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep breath ::

seven seven seven seven seven seven seven seven seven seven!!!!!!

then 9 and 8...

Iori
05-01-2003, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by zacks_clone
:: deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep breath ::

seven seven seven seven seven seven seven seven seven seven!!!!!!

then 9 and 8...

how many have you played??? and if its more than 3, 8 should be lower!!! haha jk, i cant tell you what you like

Yeargdribble
05-01-2003, 07:58 AM
Well it's kinda hard to put the games in an order... I can try but it won't be very evened out and you can't really judge them all against each other.

-FF VI

Probably the best... storywise and otherwise... it did a lot.

-FF IX

Comes in a fairly close second... don't know why people don't like this one.

(In no particular order)
-FF VII
-FF T
-FF X

These games are all pretty good. Tatics has great and difficult game play... FF VII has a great story. FF X has a great story and graphics but lost a lot of things from some of the other FFs.

FF III

This game is truly by itself. I was so thorougly impressed by this game. Easily the best of the first three. The job system was VERY rough in this early game but most of the elements of the game play were great. It took a step back from FF II in the story section just because it had no specific characters.

(In no particular order)
FF I
FF II
FF IV
FF V

FF I was a great start and very difficult but surprisingly deep for such an early RPG. FF II was even deeper and wow for storyline in an early RPG. FF IV really broke in the mold for deep, intertwining story lines and such. It took some steps back in gameplay and certain elements from FF III though. FF V really made the job system great (though FF T was better) and loses points because of it's weaker storyline but excellent gameplay.

FF VIII

If you know what you are doing it's just too damn easy. The storyline is just GREAT though. The game play is decent but a little more dragged out in some places than I would like. It's a tad overly futuristic. For such a graphicaly stunning game (especially at the time) it really hurt itself in some places with moving characters. Think about the scene where Rinoa first approaches Squall at the ball... take a look at her legs. They look messed up and pretty pixelly. Things could've been smoothed over in areas like that if they hadn't overkilled with FMVs and such. Over all it was very engrossing.

the blitzer
05-01-2003, 08:19 PM
1ST FF10
2ND FF6
3RD FF8
4TH FF9
5TH FF2
6TH FF1

Those 6 are the only ones I have played.

Ratings:

FF10: Great story and you could hear what the people said and sounded like.

FF6: Really good. It never got boring.

FF8: Story was okay. It was to easy.

FF9: Had its moments.

FF2: Good but not great.

FF1; Crap story but was alright.

Ed, Edd n' Eddy
06-17-2004, 03:00 AM
1)Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
2)Final Fantasy 9
3)Final Fantasy 7
4)Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

SpiritWolf
06-17-2004, 03:48 AM
1. Final Fantasy IX
2. Final Fantasy tactics Advanced
3. Final Fantasy X
4. Final Fantasy VII
5. Final Fantasy X-2
6. Final Fantasy VIII

Kyri
06-17-2004, 04:00 AM
1. FFX
2. FFVIII
3. FFVII
4. FF1
5. FF2

Rusty
06-17-2004, 07:32 AM
FVIII <<<< I reckon its the best FF game ever.
FVII <<< Great game..but it's really long.
FFX-2
FF10

:)

Kirobaito
06-17-2004, 08:02 AM
1 FFVI
2 FFVII
3 FFIX
4 FFIV
5 FFV
6 FFI
7 FFIII
8 FFX
9 FFII
10 FFVIII

dman
06-18-2004, 12:08 PM
FFVI
FFIV/V
FFVIII
FFT
FFX
FFI/FFIX
FFVII
The rest...

Polaris
06-18-2004, 01:15 PM
1st - Final Fantasy 8
2nd - Final Fantasy 9
3rd - Final Fantasy 7

Armisael
06-18-2004, 01:16 PM
mine are:ff9,ff8,ff6,ff10,ff4.i have not played the rest of ff series i have just see them but i am going to play it soon.

Jecht Shot
06-18-2004, 03:04 PM
1. FFX - My favorite story, characters, and one of my favorite battle systems

2. FFIV - for a long time was my favorite

3. FFVIII - used to hate it for the draw system and thought the story was boring. Now, after completing it a few times, I love it.

4. FFVII - love/hate relationship with this one. Great game, but its overhype causes me to despise it and :rolleyes2 at times.

5. FFVI - excellent up until the World of Ruin. Then I thought it fell apart (storywise), except for the ending which was terrific.

6. FFXI - good game for a mmorpg, but like any mmorpg, it became too monotonous after 6 months

7. FFIII - precursor to elements in FFIV (graphics) and FFV (gameplay). Shame it has not seen the states yet in a official release. Shame on you, Square-Enix!

8. FFI - the one that started it all. Story/characters (or lack thereof) hurts, but gameplay is fun. Nice atmosphere, too

9. FFV - great gameplay, but overall I didn't care for the story or characters.

10. FFIX - what can I say? I just don't like this one, no matter how much nostalgia you throw into it. Didn't like the story, characters, or battle system (way too slow).

11. FFII - boring, boring, boring. Remake is a little better, but instead of being a root canal like the original, its simply like having a tooth pulled out without anesthetics. Blech.

I left out the spinoffs (Mystic Quest, Tactics, Legend, Adventure, KH, etc) because we'd be here forever if I included them. :p

Outsider
06-18-2004, 08:33 PM
Excellent:
1) FF6
2) FF4
3) FFTactics

Good:
4) FF5
5) FF1

Not Good:
6) FF7
7) FF9
8) FFMQ

Never Played Enough:
9) FFTactics Advance
10) FF2
11) FF3

Not Really FF (I'll just name 'em in order to make FF8 very bad ranked):
12) FFLegend 1
13) FFLegend 2
14) FFLegend 3
15) FFAdventure

Never Played:
16) FFX
17) FFCrystal Chronicles

Never Played, But I Couldn't Care Less About It:
18) FFXI

Never Played, But I Guess It's One Awful Game:
19) FFX-2

Serious Crap:
20) FF8

Az Lionheart
06-18-2004, 08:50 PM
1)FFVIII
2)FFX
3)FFVII

Laguna
06-18-2004, 09:29 PM
All time favourites:
FFVII (despite the awful translation in places), FFVIII (Im allowed to!), FFT (something new- but i doesnt redefine the rest of the series, no one had to follow in its footsteps), FFVI, FFIV, FFXI

Good games, but not awesome:
FFV, FF, FFX

Awful (or games I refuse to acknowledge the existance of) :
IX, FFII, FFIII, X-2 (honestly, a direct sequal? What were you thinking?)

Cloud_99
06-18-2004, 10:39 PM
I agree with Laguna:

Awsome Games: FF VII
FF VIII
FF VI
Good Games: FF X
FFV
FF I & II

Crap ones: O.K This is where I get ranty...

FFIX: What the hell was that? All the characters were hateable, the main character was a gay. The storyline was like err... ummm... NECRON yeah that's a good Idea. The Trance system was the most diabolical and horrific system ever programed. The summons were useless. I could go on... but I won't

FFX-2: Again, what the hell? A direct sequal! A DIRECT SEQUAL! what on Earth? the characters were irritating high pitched dittzy morons. The storyline again sucked ass. Shuyin? why can't it have just been Tidus and then you could have written a good story. Every five minutes... LETS HAVE A CONCERT! Crappy crap crap! I would be more rude but I don't wish to get banned.

FF Tactics Advance: Advance. Imagined world. small kids. a snowball fight. Need I say more.

I apologise to anyone who was directly offended by my language. But you shouldn't be. If you want to see a proper rant E-mail me and I'll send you one.

Lord Chainsaw
06-19-2004, 12:59 AM
Here we go (Donkey Kong shtyle)

Greatest game ever made: Final Fantasy VII - The back of the box is so right. Quite possibly the greatest game ever made.

Excellent games:

2) Final Fantasy IV - I just love this game. It's terrific. This one probably has the most classic feel of all of them.

3) Final Fantasy IX - My third favorite. The music in this game is incredible, and it's got an awesome cast of characters.

4) Final Fantasy Tactics - Now this is an excellent game. The story is the best part. Incredible game with a wonderful atmosphere.

Good games:

5) Final Fantasy X - If it weren't for Yuna, this game would have been an excellent game.

6) Final Fantasy VI - I do believe this game is seriously overhyped. It's good, but it isn't the be all end all Final Fantasy. It's also the easiest, which can be a good or bad thing.

7) Final Fantasy V - This is a fun game. There's so much you can do job-wise. Shinyruu provides a good challenge, as does Gilgame for the player that always wants more.

8) Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest - This game is very underrated. It's a whole lot of fun, and has the best music in the Final Fantasy series. People need to take it for what it is: a beginner's RPG.

Okay games:

9) Final Fantasy - The original. I grew up with Dragon Warrior so I have 0 nostalgia factor. When I take the game for what it is, I'm not left with something I find truly incredible.

10) Final Fantasy II - This gets about the same score as the original. Plus points for a good story, subtracted points for an abusive level system.

11) Final Fantasy VIII - Enemies leveling up with you is a joke. That's all I have to say.

Bad games:

12) Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles - WTF Square?

Terrible games:

13) Final Fantasy III - I do not like this Sam I Am. I do not like it with a fox, I do not like it in a box. I do not like it on a train, I do not like it in the rain. Mainly I hate this game so much because it was a step backward in terms of storyline. I also hate the way they force you to use certain job classes to advance. Where's the freedom of play style in that?

The worst game to have ever carried the Final Fantasy name:

99^99) Final Fantasy X-2 - My god this game is bad. Yuna tortured me in Final Fantasy X, now I need to play a game where she is the main character? Does the entire cast have to be annoying? Did they really think people would give Brother a positive reaction? Did they really green light that terrible dialogue? I just don't know.

aeris2001x2
06-19-2004, 02:35 AM
well i did have an order but i,ve decided its best 4 them to just have categories...

DIVINITY

ffVII
ffVI

Genius

ffV
ffIV
ffX
ffIX
ffVIII
ffI

okay
ffIII
ffX-2

crap
ffII
ffTA

havent played enough to judge
Mystic Quest

havent played
final fantasy T
final fantasy Crystal Cronicles

FFanatic Of FFantasy
06-19-2004, 03:10 AM
It would be.....
1 FF 10
2 FF 10-2
3 FF 7
4 FF 8
5 FF 9
6 FF 6
7 FF 4
8 FF 5
9 FF 2
10 FF1
A guy with a big sword which is same size as him!
A teenager whose mad about lions!
An annoying monkey!
A gal in dodgey robes!
Whats next a woman dressed like a rabbit with a bow?
That's Final Fantasy For You!

aeris2001x2
06-19-2004, 03:20 AM
[QUOTE=FFanatic Of FFantasy]It would be.....
1 FF 10
2 FF 10-2
3 FF 7
4 FF 8
5 FF 9
6 FF 6
7 FF 4
8 FF 5
9 FF 2
10 FF1
QUOTE]

i,m afraid, u put ffX-2 second!!! which demonic lord do u represent and do u bear the fires of hell???lol :D

ChaosCalibur
06-19-2004, 04:14 AM
1-FFVIII This game is just, um... i'm speachless... ( If you don't like it you can bite me shiny metal ass! :P )
2-Hmmm... I don't know, it could be... Wait, i'm seeing something... OMG! It's FFVII! :\
3-FFT/FFTA i could have battles going on for over an hour... and yet it never gets old... (If you don't like FFTA you can bite it to!)
4-FFIX Well the story sucked, and so did most of the characters, but the game was good
5-FFX sweet, but short, 25 hours?! No way!

The rest of the FFs, well i haven't played enough to judge them...

Del Murder
06-19-2004, 08:38 AM
VI
VII
IV
IX
Tactics
V
VIII
I
X-2
X
Tactics Advance
II

aeris2001x2
06-23-2004, 03:22 AM
and of course, in the pal version, 46 super bossess including 6 of the very hardest ever...

CloudySky
06-23-2004, 07:18 AM
The best RPGs ever:
FFX, FFVII, FFVIII
The great:
FF6, FFX-2, FF, FF2, FF3, FF4, FF5
The average:
FF9, FFMQ, FFT

But I must mention that such lists aren't fair. What I mean, all FFs except FF9 and FFT was in the first place of my list when these were originally released...

Edgar
06-23-2004, 03:06 PM
YAYs
FFVI
FFTactics
FFIX
FFIV

HMMs
FFVII
FFI
FFV

URGs
FFVIII
FFMQ
FFX-2
FFX

1) FFVIII >>> Rinoa is way too...much. I wish, I really do, that she has the same fate as Aeris. To my horror, the main character falls in love with her. The pattern is: Trouble finds Rinoa or vice versa > Rinoa calls for help > Squall saved her and the pattern repeats. And Squall...liked her? When Squall said those mushy stuffs on the bridge towards Ether, my impression towards him took a complete nose-dive. He was all the while so free, without a care in the world...and suddenly, poof! he gets all mushy?

The orphanage is a joke. All of a sudden you come out with a theory about GFs occupying your mind, causing you to forget, and suddenly, 90% of your party members used to come from the same place? And all of a sudden, the Gardens can *FLY!!!* w00t!!! It seemed as if the scriptwriter suddenly go mad. At least FFVIII's got that Card game which I spent most of the time playing. Hmm, Ultimecia was a good idea too! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Junction was...nm, I'll stop here. :P

2) FFX > Well, we pretty much have seen lots of criticizing about this and it's sequel. The battling is horrible. I can't believe subbing characters into battle is allowed. Might as well copy Suikoden 3's fighting system. And Tidus is a dream? *faints*

*wakes up*
3) FFMQ > Urg. Nothing else. Just...Urg.

4) FFIX > Necron was a horrible idea, but that does not drop it down that much, as did Ultimecia, but FFVIII had much more...nvm. It was great, the Terra stuffs (I was suspicious of Zidane all the while). Nothing too sudden (FF...*shuts mouth*) yet nothing too expected.

5) FFVII > Amazing storyline and the greatest death in all FF: Aeris, and no, it's not that I cried, the other way round. Cloud is...well, I don't know how to put it. It is obvious that the idea of Zidane is based on Cloud (the clones). It stands on the treadline between FFVI and FFVIII so I don't know where to put it.

Storm
06-24-2004, 05:02 AM
1. Final Fantasy IV
2. Final Fantasy VI
3. Final Fantasy VII
4. Final Fantasy X
5. Final Fantasy IX
6. Final Fantasy V
7. Final Fantasy VIII (Haven't played it enough)
8. Final Fantasy X-2 (Although I wouldn't even count this as a real Final Fantasy game)

Rase
06-25-2004, 06:45 AM
1: Final Fantasy IV
2: Final Fantasy VI
3: Final Fantasy VII
4: Final Fantasy I - Dawn of Souls.
5: Final Fantasy II - Dawn of Souls
6: Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
7: Final Fantasy I
8: Final Fantasy VIII

Rest, well, not played enouugh to judge them fairly.

Takara
06-25-2004, 08:23 AM
1. FFIV/FFVI (Yes, they're ex aequo. Live with it.)
2. FFIX
3. FFVII
4. FFT
5. FFV
6. FF
7. FFMQ
8. FFII
9. FFVIII (Urg... just... someone shoot me now...)

I haven't played X, X-2, XI or TA yet due to the fact I'm poor. I've just started FFIII though.

Rain
06-25-2004, 10:44 AM
FFT
FFVII
FFXI
FFX
FFVIII
FFIX
FFX-2

auron_790
06-28-2004, 06:50 PM
1. FF VII
2. FF X-2
3. FF X
4. FF VI
5. FF V
6. FF IX

I have more than six FF's but these are my favourite FFV was a real suprise for me its great. IX was good too, VI never gets boring, X was my first PS2 game and the voiceover made it real they chose the right people for the voices. X-2....all I can say is it has Yuna in it :p it was a really cool game everyone changed so much. And FF VII what can I say apart from the best game ever made its amazing and the villian is so my favourite villian ever too. :)

Chris
07-02-2004, 11:46 PM
My top 3 choice:

o1. Final Fantasy VIII
o2. Final Fantasy VII
o3. Final Fantasy IX

UltimateSpamGrover
07-03-2004, 10:50 AM
12. FFX-2
11. FFX
10. FFVIII
9. FFIV
8. FFVII
7. FFV
6. FF1
5. FFIII
4. FFIX
3. FFVI
2. FFII
1.FFXI!!!!!

Az Lionheart
07-03-2004, 11:08 AM
FFVIII
FFX
FFVII
FFIX

DMKA
07-04-2004, 01:49 PM
1) FFVII - Yeah say what you will about how 'overrated' it is, but imo, its the best game ever made, and thus not overrated at all...hell, I think its underrated.

2) FFX - This one did have its share of flaws, but its storyline just completely blows the others away, which is what FF is about...story. The graphics were quite stunning, and the game situations were so emotionally moving...its the one game to ever make me cry, and its the only one that I will say has a better ending than FFVII.

3) FFX-2 - What is it with you people who hate originality? You people who turn your nose up at anything that uses a new idea. I LOVED this game...the best battle system yet, it was complete chaos, mutiple endings, a mission based RPG...damn. It was just so much different and finally the first RPG witht hat much creativity and original content in the last decade. So many people put this one down because of its originality...I however, love it for its originality.

4) FFVI - Quite possibly the best RPG of the 16-bit era. With such a wide range of characters, all well done, a great story, and probably the ultimate villian of any RPG ever (as much as I'd like to say Sephiroth is). With the death of more than one main character, the distruction of the planet, and so many characters that actually were different from each other, this was just an amazing game with a great storyline, and even after all this time I still enjoy playing it every now and then.

5) FFVIII - Alot of people hate this one with a passion. I must admit there were quite afew dissapointments I got from this game, but it still had its high points. It was the BEST looking PS1 game, and damn we'd never seen graphics like that when it came out. While the majority of the characters seemed quite lifeless and shallow in background, the main character was a person whom many could relate to, and I liked that. Not the best storyline or battle system, but still, something about the game was just great. Far from the best, but not horrible.

6) FFIX - I got this game and was so excited...then when I turned it one and played I was just in a state of "WTF?"...I couldn't believe how things had actually went...backwards. I didn't like most of the characters, the story was blah, there was nothing new to the battles, the summons were useless and quite frankly, looked horrible. I didn't hate this game, and I don't think its horrible...its an ok game, but for a Final Fantasy it lacks big time.

Those are all the ones I've beaten...I've played all the rest but I haven't completed them, so I won't judged them yet.

AuronSephiroth
07-26-2004, 09:33 PM
Mines

1) Final Fantasy X
2) Final Fantasy 8
3) Final Fantasy 7, Final Fantasy 11
4) Final Fantasy X-2
5) Final Fantasy 9
6) Final Fantasy 6
7) Final Fantasy 5
8) Final Fantasy 4
9) Final Fantasy 2
10) Final Fantasy 1

Ryth
11-07-2004, 02:18 PM
1. Final Fantasy VII
2. Final Fantasy X
3. Final Fantasy IX/Final Fantasy Tatics Advance
4. Final Fantasy X-2
5. Final Fantasy
6. Final Fantasy II
7. Final Fantasy VIII (BLEH!!!!!)

Haven't played III-VI and XI yet.

Black Roses
11-07-2004, 05:30 PM
I've played and finished 7-X2 and Tactics
I've played Crystal Cronicles and 6

i loved :love: all of my Final Fantasy Games except for Crystal Chronicles it was utter crap for it was monotonous! :mad2:

One winged angel of death
11-08-2004, 09:20 PM
ff7
ff10
ff8
fftatics
ff9
ff5
ff6
ff4
ff1
ff2
ff3(never played)
i only got to sample these i only own 10&7

Remnant
11-09-2004, 12:03 AM
I'm and oldbie, and so will refrain from judgment on anything past 7. 8 seems wierd and scary, 9 seems bearable, but never played it, 10 used voice acting... my square blue boxes were my security blankets and my ability to play at 2 in the morning... scary...

So, here we go:

FF VI/VII: Both had a wonderful cast of endearing characters. I can't decide between the two of them. Both had tragedy and romance, and both had a well done villian. (Of course, there are several large prima facie similarities between the two- large powerful organization harnesses the forces of magic and is ultimately destroyed from within when a character of their own creation usurps power in a mad quest to destroy the world.) I'll never forget THE SCENE from VII, or the opera from VI, or Kefka at Doma and Cyan dealing with his loss.

FF V: Super fun happy gameplay time! The characters were wanting, especially considering the low number of them, but the story itself apart from the characters wasn't bad. Really, this one was all about the job system and gameplay. You can run through as single classes if you were so inclined, or you can create highly customized characters.

FF IV: Great story, especially since the FF games hadn't resulted to "leave'em on the airship" in order to keep the party size under control. You've got a line of 5 characters, fixed in either a 3/2 or 2/3 front row back row formation (which makes more sense than allowing a party all in the back row). When the party gets to big, somebody dies. Or, failing that, dies then is found too wounded to carry on. The main character is interesting, and there are a whole bunch of airships. Spiffy.

FF I: Nifty old-school romp. Nonexistant characters, semi-coherent plot line, and no problems that can't be solved by kicking the snot out of something and taking their belongings. (Well SOME things never change...) I am waiting for a boss in a later FF game to say "I am (insert name here) and I will knock you all down!", just as a tribute.

FF II and III... I don't know, they just rub me the wrong way. I can see why these were never released here in some ways. To be honest, I've never finished either of them, though if I ever get around to it, I'll finish II first out of respect for the story and the "firsts" in the game- first character death, first dragoon, etc.

XxSephirothxX
11-09-2004, 12:25 AM
1)FF IX
I love the story, even though it's not the most original out there. The characters are superb, the dialogue is witty and emotional, and the quest is just a load of fun. A thoroughly enjoyable battle system, too.
2)FF VI
It's just...classic. Awesome story, so many unique characters, great 2D art, and more old-school charm than you can shake a stick at.
3)FF VII
Yeah, yeah. It's great, and we all know it. I loved the others more for several reasons, like more fleshed-out characters, and a more enjoyable battle system.
4)FFTA
It has a crappy story. It's nothing amazing. It's horribly addictive! 100 hours of gameplay doesn't lie. It's just plain fun.
5)FF X
I hated it at first, but the story and characters grew on me. Tidus wasn't so bad, after all. But I still hate Wakka.
6)FF V
It's fairly enjoyable, with the Job System providing some excellent gameplay. The dialogue and characters are quite humorous.
7)FF X-2
The story pretty much sucks, but it's enjoyable, with a very solid battle system.
8-??)Every Final Fantasy I haven't played yet.
LAST)FF VIII
HATE HATE HATE HATE. I hate your story, I hate your characters, I hate your battle system. Just stop existing!! :mad2: :mad2:

chocomog33
11-09-2004, 01:49 AM
1. FF9
2. FF10
3. FF7
4. FF6
5. FF10-2
6. FF8
7. FF4
8. FF5
9. FF1

The rest I either don't count as part of the main series, or I didn't like them nearly as much as these 10.

Despotus
11-25-2004, 10:58 AM
Regrettably, I haven't played most of the FF series. If you have a suggestion as to which I should play next, send me a message por favor! To date I have played (in order of my favorite to least fav.):
Final Fantasy Tactics (not FFTAdvance)
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy IX
and last, and certainly least, Final Fantasy XIII
:tongue:

NashX
11-25-2004, 04:22 PM
FF10
FF7
FF10-2
FF8
Didn't play it
Didn't play it
Didn't play it
Didn't play it
Didn't play it
Didn't play it
Didn't play it
Didn't play it
Didn't play it
Didn't play it
Didn't play it

Garnet236
12-20-2004, 11:07 PM
FFX/X2
FF9
FF8
FF7
FF6

rubah
12-22-2004, 07:29 AM
FF8
FFX
FF5
^-- loved them
FF6
FF7
FF2
FFX-2
FFT-A
^-- good, but not my favorites:)
FF9
FF4
^-- ugh. *twitch*

Lain
12-22-2004, 04:34 PM
1. FFVII
2. FFXI
3. FFIX
4. FFX
5. FFVIII
6. FFX-2

Sephirothvsvader22
12-23-2004, 01:01 AM
Played:
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy VI Anth (not done)
Final Fantasy III US (VIj) (not done)
Final Fantasy Tactics
Final Fantasy II US (IVj) (not done)
Final Fantasy IV Chron (not done)
Final Fantasy V (not done)
Final Fantasy (not done)
Final Fantasy I Orig
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy IIj (not done)
Final Fantasy X-2 (not done)

Not played:
Final Fantasy IIIj
Final Fantasy XI
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest

What can I say?

Flashback007
12-23-2004, 08:48 AM
hmmmm, ok here it comes:

1. Final Fantasy VI (far better then any other FF-game)
2. Final Fantasy VII (Best FF-game in 3D, but not as good as FFVI)
3. Final Fantasy IV (Good game, with a few things wrong)
4. Final Fantasy IX (Back to the old times, only something is missing)
5. Final Fantasy I (Everything has his begin, even with a boring story)
6. Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (Boring story, but I love the gameplay)
7. Final Fantasy II (This one actually risen since I played DoS)
8. Final Fantasy V (It's so hard, too hard. I don't like it)
9. Final Fantasy VIII (You call this a FF-game? Awfully bad it is)

I haven't finished Final Fantasy X, so I cannot form an entire opinion about it. But the gridsystem is useless and I hate the fact that you don't have a really world map.

Final Fantasy X-2, Final Fantasy Tactics and all the others that are not in this list, I didn't play, so I cannot have an opinion about them.

SeeDRankLou
12-23-2004, 08:33 PM
VIII
X-2
VI
X
IX
Tactics
VII
I
IV
Tactics Advance
Crytal Chronicles
V
II

That's not to imply that the ones at the bottom were bad, they're just the ones that I liked the least.

Sepho
12-24-2004, 08:37 AM
Final Fantasy VII - Only my third favorite in the series, going against the theory that the first FF one plays is usually one's favorite. I've played through VII five or six times. It was the second RPG I ever played (Legend of Legaia (PLAY THIS GAME) was the first), discounting Action/RPGs (ie. Zelda).
Final Fantasy VIII - Second favorite in the series. There's something about the total atmosphere of this game that has me loving it where the majority feels the opposite way.
Final Fantasy IX - Took me a couple of playthroughs to really appreciate it. I really don't remember if I played this one first, or...
Final Fantasy VI - Fortunately I wasn't tainted by playing the PS1 FF's first, and I realise this is the best game in the series. I may have played this before FFIX.
Final Fantasy IV [Hardtype] - I really, really liked FF4. I need to purchase another copy of Chronicles so I can play through it again (as well as Chrono Trigger - better than any FF). It's probably my fourth favorite. Or fifth. It's a toss-up between that and IX.
Final Fantasy - I honestly didn't think the game was difficult, and I admit to using probably the easiest party imaginable (Two Fighters + BM + WM). Nevertheless, I've as of yet completed it only once and don't see myself going through it a gazillion more times.
Final Fantasy X - I HATED this game after the first time I played through it. After subsequent playthroughs, I now only dislike it.
Final Fantasy X-2 - B-L-A-H - Enough said.
Final Fantasy II - Lots of time spent in half-hour long battles with weak enemies alternatively attacking and healing my own party until I ran out of MP. Yay.

Final Fantasy V might have been between VI and IX if my friend hadn't moved away after I finished VI for the first time. I was borrowing Anthology from him, and had about half of it finished. I really need to finish it. In fact, I'm going to go spend some quality time with my emulator right now. Final Fantasy Tactics may also have been up there somewhere in the general vicinity of FFX. As to why I didn't finish it, same scenario as above for FFV. I have Crystal Chronicles, too, but the single player is too boring to give me incentive to finish, and none of my friends have the required (a)GBA (b)GBA/GC Link CAble (c)copy of FF:CC.

moron
12-25-2004, 10:22 AM
This one time I loaded up NESticle and changed the mermaids in FF1 so they had bigger tits. Then I went to the Undersea Palace and played my "Whole New World" mp3 (from Little Mermaid) and I hammered my man-stick with a handful of mayo.

It's a good memory.

Sephirothvsvader22
12-26-2004, 09:59 PM
With Mayo!??! :mad: that's repulsive!!!

Macp
12-29-2004, 04:51 PM
1- FF8

The Dude Abides
12-29-2004, 06:12 PM
1. ff9

2. ff7

3. ff6

4. ffx

5. ff 4 ( nostalgic tears running down my face )

6. ff8 :mad:

DaggerFlux
12-30-2004, 06:58 PM
i havent played them all, but heres my order out of the ones i have played

1. FFX: great story, characters and OMG the grapics!@

2. FF9: i like the story n the graphics are kinda cool. i found it a bit too easy in some parts though

3. FFX-2 : i just found it to a fun game

4. FF8: liked it but too easy, also didnt like that every 5 minutes i had to be rescuing rinoa.

i didnt put 7 and 6 on the list cuz i aint beat them yet.

DaggerFlux
12-30-2004, 06:59 PM
but i HATE HATE HATE HATE crystal chronicles more then words could ever possibly describe *stabs it with rusty pitchfork*

finalheaven
12-31-2004, 04:33 PM
hmm..wow u 've all played nearly all of then*blushed* ive only plaed 4 but..i guess i could add..i was thinking of doing a thread like this anway soo gald ravager has done it...
1) FF7
2)FFx
3)FF8
4)ff9
darn..wish i found ff earlier ....*sigh*

Braindead_Paul
01-03-2005, 06:51 PM
1) FFVI

2) FFVII/FFVIII
3) FFIX
4) FFV
5) FFIV
6) FFIII
7) FFI
8) FFII

That's just what I think today. Ranks 2 - 8 may vary...
Btw they're all great and somehow deserve to be my 2nd favourite...

Doors
01-04-2005, 12:16 AM
FF1
FF2
FF3
FF4
FF5
FF6
FF4+3
FF8
FF9
FF10
FF10,5
FF11
FF12

Flamethrower
01-04-2005, 12:22 AM
FF7 > FF4 > FF6 > FF9 > FF2 > FF8 > FF1

Too tired to list the reasons. Maybe later.

theundeadhero
01-04-2005, 12:27 AM
I refuse to give it up out of fear that no one will really care!

AvarielGriever41
01-05-2005, 05:02 AM
FF VI
FF VIII
Tactics
FF VII
FF X
FF IV
FF IX
FF V

°¿°¿°
01-05-2005, 05:27 AM
I like Alot FF7,FF8,and FF10
and FF 10-2, and FF tactics advance are ok
i didnt really play FF2 that much and i dont like FF1

Then i like FF11 alot to but i dont like the fee every month :(

Xaven
01-05-2005, 05:31 AM
undefined
Lesse here...

1. FFVIII (Woo-hoo! Go Story! Go Junction! Go everyone!)
2. FFT (Yay Oracles!)
3. FFIX (Kept me interested!)
4. FFCC (Multiplayer!)
5. FFIII ('Twas alright)
6. FFVII (Can't get much easier, can it...?)
7. FFII (Darn you level system...)
8. FFI (Gee, do ya think it's short enough...?)
9. FFV (Can you get any more annoying!?)

No PS2 for X and X-2, unable to get a hold of TA, and haven't gotten to IV & VI. I gotta catch up soon....

BudSoda02
01-05-2005, 03:10 PM
Mine are in this order:
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy Tactics
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy VIII
Toss ups:
Final Fantasy I (I haven't finished either yet. I/II)
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy III (never played it, still waiting for a PSX port to the US)
Final Fantasy XI (can't play it, due to 'credit card only', I'm too poor to have one! Otherwise the game looks great.)
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (don't have a gameboy advance)
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (waiting for it to go down. I have a Gamecube.)
Thanks- BudSoda02 BudSoda02@yahoo.com

Slade
01-06-2005, 05:15 AM
Fav to Not so fav (But still fav cause i dont hate any o them!)....ahem:

FFVIII - Reason? Dont need one....this games just awsome! :D

FFIX - I loved this one too....cept for a boring town i wont mention cough Treno cough

FFX - Played it twice now. Everythings cool cept Tidus's voice.....scary stuff

FFVI - Ancient Graphics, but still a mean game. Go Terra!

FFVII - main plot was cliche cept for the Meteor/holy/Jenova stuff: Hmm chasing some guy all over the world now where have i seen that before.......oh thats right! Everywhere! Still a cool game tho

FFIV - I shouldnt really have a say on this one yet cause i havnt finished it yet (up to the last boss) but its taken me almost 2 years now to get there. Why you ask? well not cause im useless but cause it got so damn boring! I had like, month long breaks during some parts! It still had some cool parts in the game tho....heh the Magus Sisters.

Red Vandal
01-03-2006, 01:02 PM
FF VII - At this point I've played FF1,4, and 6. So at first was skeptical but fell in love quickly, musta beat the game maybe 7 times.

FF1 - picked it up around the 4th grade and beat it maybe 30 times, was my first console RPG. I Tried probably every combonation of 4 characters.

FF2 - Loved the starting characters Cecil and Kain.

FF9 - Vivi aint nothing to fuck wit. Plus it was quite a few steps up from 8.

FF3 - Story was good, but for some reason the game I had would lose all saves whenever I unplugged my SNES, so I made it half way through the game like 12 times before making it through. bleh.

FFX - eh... Story was good, kinda went away from what I liked about Final Fantasy although I can't put my finger on it. Loved the summons although I'd rather go back to the way they were.

FF Tactics Advance - Havent beaten it yet, this game requires a lot of time for a single battle sometimes, which is fine, but I didn't dig it.

FFXI - Final Fantasy meets MMORPG, and really sapped out most of the game I loved. I thought they shoulda tried a stronger PvP route. ALL the player interaction in the game is controlled, it shouldn't even be massively multiplayer, but then they couldn't sap 12 plus bucks a month outta ya then.

FFXII - I only played the demo that came with Dragon Knight and well, it was just like FF XI, just not online, not sure how I feel about it.

FF Mystic Quest - I played it after 1,3,6, and i was disapointed.

Dreddz
01-03-2006, 01:35 PM
FFVII
FFV
FFVI
FFIV
FFIX
FFX
FFII
FFI
FFX-2
FFIII
FFVIII

Im only including numeral additions.......

Setzer Gabianni
01-03-2006, 01:56 PM
1. FFVII/VI -- Masterpieces.
2. X -- Revolutionary PS2 game.
3. VIII -- Wonderful scenery, however, the story is flawed by a disastrous romance.
4. IX -- Not outstanding, but still a classic.
5. X-2 -- Great levelling up system.
6. TA -- Addictive, but repetitive.
7. IV -- Cecil turning into a paladin followed by extremely hard gameplay = sux0rz.
8. CC/I/II -- Atrocities.

crashNUMBERS
01-03-2006, 02:53 PM
IN order wich are your favorites final fantasy

for me:

1)ff VI
2)ff 1
3)ff TACTICS
4) ff IV
5 ) ff II
6) ff 9
7) ff 7
8) ff 8
9) ff 5
10) ff III
That's a pretty unique list you got there...

My favorite's are..

FF III
FF IV
FF V
FF VI
FF IX
FF VII
FF X

Good but not favorite:
FF VIII
FF I
FF II

Horrible:
FF X-2

Suikojowy
01-03-2006, 04:01 PM
1. FF9
2. FF6
3. FF4
4. FF7
5. FFT
6. FF10
7. FF8
8. FF
9. FFTA
10. FF11
11. FF5
12. FF2
13. FFX-2
14. FF3 (sorry =S)
15. FF CC
16. FF Mystic Quest
17. FF Legends 1

Marluxiaswife
01-06-2006, 10:44 PM
:kaohappy2 FFX-2 <- I play it alot, Great Story
:kaocheer: FFX <- Play alot, Great Story
:kaolove2: FFVIII <- Love playing as Squall, Great Story
:kaohappy: FF6 <- Like the Story, fun game, Great Story
:kaodrop: FFVII <- I gave up on that game, Great Story

kissgirls
01-06-2006, 10:49 PM
Final Fantasy X-2 (I love everything in there)
Final Fantasy X (Good Story)
Final Fantasy 9 (Good Story)
Final Fantasy 8 (Good Story & Characters)
Final Fantasy 6 (Good)

Not Good Final Fantasy VII :mad2:

~SapphireStar~
01-06-2006, 11:07 PM
FF8
FF10-2
FF7
FF10
FFTA
FF4
FF2
FF6
FF5
FF1
FF11
FFCC
FF9

RaidenWeb17
01-07-2006, 02:59 AM
FFIX
FFVIII
FFIV
FFI
FFX
FFVII
FFX-2
FFTactics
FFII
Those are the ones I have beaten. I havent played the other ones

Crossblades
01-07-2006, 04:06 AM
Mainline

FF VI
FF IV
FF IX
FF I/FF III(they're tied)
FF II
FF VII
FF X

Spinoff

FFTA
FFMQ
FFCC
FFT

Rengori
01-07-2006, 05:34 AM
In order?

As awsome as Forte:
FFVII
FFIX
FFVI

Good:
FFIV
FFV
FFII
FFI
FFX

Alright:
FFT
FFTA
FFCC
FFVIII

Retarded as Flonne:
FFIII
FFX-2

Awesomeman
01-07-2006, 05:47 AM
Alot of you people sicken me :barf:

1)FFVII
2)FFIX
3)FFX
4)FFVIII
5)FFT

The rest do not interest me.

Rengori
01-07-2006, 06:03 AM
Alot of you people sicken me :barf:

1)FFVII
2)FFIX
3)FFX
4)FFVIII
5)FFT

The rest do not interest me.
You realize that by saying the earlier Final Fantasies do not interest you, as in you're going to rate them without playing them, you just pissed off about 80% of the people here.

RaidenWeb17
01-07-2006, 02:47 PM
Dont let the sprites and stuff turn you off, they are great games

Neco Arc
01-07-2006, 03:18 PM
sprites are awesome... i mean how can you not love something like this http://www.videogamesprites.net/FinalFantasy6/NPCs/Empire/Kefka%20-%20Laugh.gif...

Crossblades
01-07-2006, 06:57 PM
...or this http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/Crossblades/Sabin20-20Aura20Bolt.gif

a nirvana fan
01-07-2006, 07:02 PM
EXTREMELY AMAZING
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy I
Final Fantasy X

GOOD
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy X-2

NOT SO GOOD
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy XI
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles

auhin
01-07-2006, 07:17 PM
Out of the ones I have:
1)FFIX
2)KH
3)FFTA
4)FFI
5)FFX
6)FF2
The only other 1 I have is VIII, but it is crud.

silentenigma
01-08-2006, 08:23 PM
Best:
FFVII
FFVI
FFIX

Good:
FFVIII
FFI
FFX
FFV
FFII

Bad:
FFX-2
FFX-2
FFX-2

All the other ones I haven't completed yet.

raskerino
01-08-2006, 10:43 PM
Ordering like the last person did:

Best:
1.FFVIII
Amazing:
2.FFVII
3.FFX
4.FFIX
Great:
5.FFT
Good:
6.FFX-2
7.FFIV
8.FFVI
Okay:
9.FFV
10.FFI
11.FFII

Leeza
01-09-2006, 01:27 AM
This thread was started three years ago and people don't seem to notice.