PDA

View Full Version : Just an idea...

Psychotic
04-30-2003, 07:36 PM
Because the Final Fantasy V Forum doesn't get that much posts, maybe FFIV could be moved in with it, I mean, it is sort of out of place with all those NES games.

*Rantzien is a butt*

Shoyku
04-30-2003, 07:47 PM
I'd second that, but take into consideration how long it would take to seperate the FFIV threads with the FFI-III threads. ;_;

Burtsplurt
04-30-2003, 07:55 PM
I think this has been suggested a few times before, and it always made sense to me. FFIV is certainly more suited to being with FFV than FFI-III.

edczxcvbnm
04-30-2003, 07:58 PM
Along with Mystic Quest. Make the forum a three-way!

Loony BoB
04-30-2003, 08:08 PM
Dude, it took Raf, clout AND me long enough to do the General Squaresoft split from General Final Fantasy x_X;; But yeah... hrmm. I still agree it is a good idea =P I can always do that if I get bored at work again. Which won't be tomorrow, but possibly on Friday I will be... hrmm.

edczxcvbnm
04-30-2003, 08:25 PM
Along with the name of FFMQ? SNES games unite?

Del Murder
04-30-2003, 09:42 PM
I've always wondered why they were split like that. IV is the second best one.

crono_logical
04-30-2003, 10:31 PM
I thought we did the last split rather quickly :p

No objections here about shifting FF4 into the same forum as FF5 :D

Still not so sure about Mystic Quest though, even if it is a SNES FF, it's kinda different xD

Flying Mullet
04-30-2003, 10:33 PM
Does it matter where FFMQ goes? I think I've seen about three threads dealing with it in two months for it.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-30-2003, 10:52 PM
<font color="9999FF"><b>Final Fantasy IV, V, & Mystic Quest</font></b>
<font size="1">Discuss the diverse Final Fantasy games of the Super Nintendo era...</font>

:aimsun:

Flying Mullet
04-30-2003, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
<font size="1">Discuss the diverse Final Fantasy games of the Super Nintendo era...</font>

And Final Fantasy VI...?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-30-2003, 11:13 PM
What <i>about</i> it?

Flying Mullet
04-30-2003, 11:14 PM
It's a Final Fantasy of the Super Nintendo era.

edczxcvbnm
04-30-2003, 11:14 PM
No FFVI. We want to make a good forum now. Not pollute this one with FFVI crap. I like that title Kawaii :)

Flying Mullet
04-30-2003, 11:17 PM
Well Final Fantasy VI can hold its own so I guess it's entitled to its own forum and doesn't need other games to support it.

edczxcvbnm
04-30-2003, 11:18 PM
No it is just that FFVI would tant the greatness of the other 3 games with its utter horridness. FFVI= worst game ever made.

Loony BoB
04-30-2003, 11:33 PM
*starts a revolt against FF forum descriptions ending with an ellipsis*

Del Murder
05-01-2003, 12:19 AM
I agree...

bennator
05-01-2003, 12:24 AM
No, don't do it....... killing the Xeongears forum (God bless its soul) was tribute enough. You don't have to kill FFV as well... *breaks into tears*.

edczxcvbnm
05-01-2003, 12:40 AM
But I want to talk about the greatness of FFMQ. I have clocked over 99 hours in that game. STill working towards level 99.

Shlup
05-01-2003, 02:57 AM
Either all the SNES FF's together or no deal. :aimsun:

Sephex
05-01-2003, 02:57 AM

Not only does this make a lot of sense...it just NEEDS to be done.

I always found FFIV to be out of place with FFI-III...

Yamaneko
05-01-2003, 06:06 AM
Six is too good to share a forum with another game.

edczxcvbnm
05-01-2003, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by Yamaneko
Six is too good to share a forum with another game.

More like its shear evil must be contained away from other places so that it does not infect the other games of glory.

eestlinc
05-01-2003, 07:05 AM
ff4 is more like ff3 than it is like ff5.

Originally posted by bennator0
No, don't do it....... killing the Xeongears forum (God bless its soul) was tribute enough. You don't have to kill FFV as well... *breaks into tears*.

so true. Let the lovers of ff5 have their peace, and if we see a new post in the ff5 forum, at least we know its not really a post about ff4. and seriously, who gives even half a crap about MQ?

The Man
05-01-2003, 10:03 AM
I say move FFIV and Mystic Quest in with V, 'cause that forum's pretty dead. Combining them with FFVI would be sacrilege, though.

I like kishi's idea. *thumbs up*

eestlinc
05-01-2003, 06:16 PM
FFV's motto shall be LIVE FREE OR DIE and if need be, die.

Psychotic
05-01-2003, 06:34 PM
The last time I checked the stats, THIS board has a greater post count than FFV. That's why it needs to be done.

Leave FFVI out of it, as it has enough posts on it.

Woo-hoo! I created a big issue! No, not that newspaper thing that people are always trying to sell to you :rolleyes2

eestlinc
05-01-2003, 06:44 PM
I'm not exactly sure what is accomplished with rearranging the forums like that. Is the 1-4 forum so overcrowded as to need to be split apart? Is the 5 forum actually hurting anyone by being slow. It's been slow as long as I've been here and nothing bad has occured as a result.

Psychotic
05-01-2003, 07:45 PM
What is accomplished?

- FFV forum is revived
- if MQ was put in too, it'd give people like ed a place to play...
- FFIV really needs to leave NESville and move up to SNES City, where it won't be as overlooked

Nothing bad has occured as a result? Do you really want to tempt fate like that?

eestlinc
05-01-2003, 11:24 PM
putting ff4 in with ff5 would only clutter the thread with boring "I LIK PALOM HOW SAEV WANT PALOM" threads and it would make meaningful ff5 threads even harder to find. Don't even talk to me about Mystic Quest. Throwing those three together would create a forum of the overhyped game that really isn't so great (ff4), the obscure masterpiece (ff5), and the stillborn monkey fetus (MQ).

Flying Mullet
05-01-2003, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by eestlinc
Throwing those three together would create a forum of the overhyped game that really isn't so great (ff4), the obscure masterpiece (ff5), and the stillborn monkey fetus (MQ).

At least the stillborn monkey fetus can sing. I always enjoyed the music in MQ.

Nothing seems to be wrong with the way the forums are set up now, except for people being too lazy to sort the FFIV threads from the FFI-III threads. Why change something that works great?

And if Psychotic really wants to st up a FFIV forum it sounds like he's the ideal candidate to sort it all out and set it up.

Del Murder
05-02-2003, 12:09 AM
I'm so glad people's personal biases of games aren't getting in the way here.

eestlinc
05-02-2003, 12:17 AM
someone has to defend the downtrodden.

Yamaneko
05-02-2003, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by edczxcvbnm
More like its shear evil must be contained away from other places so that it does not infect the other games of glory.
As long as it has its own forum.:cool:

Shlup
05-02-2003, 02:58 AM
It's not going to happen anyway unless it's IV, V, VI, and MQ. Not just IV, V, and MQ. That's just wrong, but no one wants the favored VI to get merged to I guess just forget it. :)

edczxcvbnm
05-02-2003, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by ShlupQuack
It's not going to happen anyway unless it's IV, V, VI, and MQ. Not just IV, V, and MQ. That's just wrong, but no one wants the favored VI to get merged to I guess just forget it. :)

I SHALL DESTORY GENERAL FF WITH A BARAGE OF FFMQ THREADS UNTIL MY DEMANDS ARE MET!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-02-2003, 06:00 AM
You had certainly better.

edczxcvbnm
05-02-2003, 06:03 AM
You had certainly better.

Believe me I will. I have always wanted to talk about Mystic Quest. I will not start making a list of topics to create. Might not happen all that soon but I will pull it off in a few days or so.

Strider
05-02-2003, 07:17 AM
I always liked Mystic Quest. Keep FFVI in it's own forum, though. IV, V and FFMQ would work for me, even though I'd really only follow two of the three.

eestlinc
05-02-2003, 07:21 AM
we can't have a MQA forum until we start offering a MQ ROM and have a MQ walkthrough. So get cracking.

edczxcvbnm
05-02-2003, 07:38 AM
My MQ walk through

This is FFMQ...you really suck if you have a problem with this game. Don't be such a dumb ass and just select no when it asks you if you want to give up.

Strider
05-02-2003, 07:42 AM
Any technical advice you can give us? I mean, besides choosing FIGHT 9 out of 10 enemy encounters?

edczxcvbnm
05-02-2003, 07:48 AM
If you have some trouble gain some levels. If you are low on health use heal. Buy lots of Seeds and Heals...if you run low as money is utterly useless in this game.

Use heal on the last boss to win.

Strider
05-02-2003, 07:50 AM
Ahh, I'm enlightened. I just barely got the ROM about a month ago, so I'm still pretty early in the game. I'd find a FFMQ forum pretty useful, so you have my endorsement (if it's needed).

eestlinc
05-02-2003, 08:12 AM
it takes longer to think of topics for discussion of MQ than it does to beat the game.

Psychotic
05-02-2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by eestlinc
"I LIK PALOM HOW SAEV WANT PALOM"

You just made that up, didn't you? most people that have completed FFV have completed FFIV, it's not like they are two completely different classes of FF fan now, is it? There'd just be threads like the ones in FFV now, only with an FFIV theme.

Originally posted by Flying Mullet
Nothing seems to be wrong with the way the forums are set up now, except for people being too lazy to sort the FFIV threads from the FFI-III threads. Why change something that works great?

And if Psychotic really wants to st up a FFIV forum it sounds like he's the ideal candidate to sort it all out and set it up.

Why change something that works great? because you can make it work even better!

Me!? You want ME to do it!? ha ha, I seriously doubt that I'd be given the power of admin/mod or whatever. It'd be too tempting to mess around with people's names/sigs/avatars for a laugh :D

Anyway, FFMQ is cool. I never get tired of leaping over NPC's!

Spuuky
05-04-2003, 07:19 AM
Just to input my personal bias, FFIV isn't overhyped by many people, and FFV isn't quite as good as it. FFIV isn't too much like FFV or FFIII. In fact, it's much more like FFII and FFVI. But I don't suggest a FFII, IV, and VI forum, because then we'd need a FFI, III, and V forum to go with it.

eestlinc
05-05-2003, 09:08 AM
i love that Spuuky will eagerly contradict every opinion I put forth. I do like ff4 but I used to think of it as the greatest ever, with my idealized memories from playing it on SNES ten years ago, but when I played through again recently on ROM I just wasn't very impressed. ff5 blows ff4 away completely in the realm of gameplay. o well.

Spuuky
05-06-2003, 03:26 AM
I would like to take this opportunity to contradict you.

eestlinc
05-06-2003, 05:30 AM
xD