PDA

View Full Version : Organizing the lounge

Erdrick Holmes
05-01-2003, 12:49 AM
It's nothin' important but can we possibly devide the lounge into many different sections like TV, movies, sports, and a section for each genre of music? I feel this would help people with media differences have there own place. Thanx

edczxcvbnm
05-01-2003, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by Akumaou812
each genre of music?

If we do that then I demand 24 have its own forum so me and Sephex can yammer back and forth about how awesome the show is.

Seriously though. There are 3 types of music. Rock, Rap and Classical Type stuff.

Also if that happens we need to have a Sitcom TV forum, Drama TV forum and...ummm...Reality Show forum.

Not to mention the same treatment for Movies.

Erdrick Holmes
05-01-2003, 01:01 AM
Actually I was looking along the line of something like this

Music:

Classic rock
Heavy rock
Pop
J-pop
Country
Rap
Classical

Sports:

TV/movies:

action
drama
Comedy
anime
Cartoons

edczxcvbnm
05-01-2003, 01:05 AM
Works for me fine as I always have like the idea of divided forums like that. But it seems as though the powers that be do not like the look and consider it to be 'cluttered'.

Del Murder
05-01-2003, 01:31 AM
Superheros should get their own subsection. Each.

Shlup
05-01-2003, 02:54 AM
I would consider splitting it into a movie forum, a TV forum, and a msic forum, but not a bunch of genres. That's what thread subject lines are for.

Red Wizard
05-01-2003, 03:57 AM
Let's see... if we were to split The Lounge into all sorts of crazyness-induced categories, each section would have an amount of posts inversely proportional to the number of categories introduced. For example, if there were 3 categories (subforums even), each would have approximately 1/3 the number of posts that The Lounge currently contains.
I don't know about you, but I really don't think that there are enough threads in there to really merit splitting off some subsections. It's kind of like the FF1-4 section, there just isn't the activity there to merit splitting FF4 into a subforum. Besides, someone would eventually complain about the extra click needed to navigate to the extra categories.
General Chat, however, could stand to have a "Newbie/Birthday Thread' subforum.

Erdrick Holmes
05-01-2003, 04:03 AM
Well is it possible to be done or not?

Loony BoB
05-01-2003, 04:17 AM
All things are possilbe through the Lord Jesus Christ who strenthens me.

I think.

But naaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I already hatehate the World Events forum for making The Lounge be the fourth forum instead of the third. But it does take the Bush out of EoEO, so that almost makes up for it.

Sephex
05-01-2003, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by Loony BoB
But it does take the Bush out of EoEO, so that almost makes up for it.

Yes. I was quite sick of 500 "OH MY GOD A GUN SHOT WENT OFF IN IRAQ!!!!11!" threads polluting General Chat and Eyes on Eachother.

Yes, a war is going on. I would think people would not be shocked by this fact and act like this is the first war in human history.

Shlup
05-01-2003, 04:50 AM
I kind of like the level of activity that's in the Lounge right now, actually. Is it really so important?

Agent Proto
05-01-2003, 05:41 AM
No. Not at all.

Besides, we don't really need to organize the lounge. It's just fine as it is.

Yamaneko
05-01-2003, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by ShlupQuack
Is it really so important?
No. I like how it is now.

Leeza
05-01-2003, 06:35 AM
I think that the Lounge is fine just the way it is. If it were to ever be split though, I think it should be by just making a separate forum for Sports because sometimes those threads get pushed way down to the bottom before their time.

eestlinc
05-01-2003, 07:02 AM
i'd rather have political threads banned than sex threads, myself. trust me, most people here know more about sex than politics, 10 years olds included.

Burtsplurt
05-01-2003, 10:36 AM
I don't think the Lounge is really active enough to warrant three subforums, never mind 223343 like Akuma was sugesting. Saying that, it would be nice to have a movie subforum so I could ignore the other threads.

Originally posted by Loony BoB
But it does take the Bush out of EoEO...

Uh-huh?

Big Ogre Umaro
05-01-2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by eestlinc
i'd rather have political threads banned than sex threads, myself. trust me, most people here know more about sex than politics, 10 years olds included.

Good call.

Anyway, it's an extremely NewbAdmin idea to have multiple forums for topics that have the traffic of one forum. I've seen it man. It's terrible.

Spatvark
05-01-2003, 10:47 PM
I was an admin on a board that did that; I promptly shifted them all back into one and then quit =P

The Man
05-02-2003, 04:06 AM
What Red Wizard said. I like it the way it is now.